Topic Stats

• 29,171 posts - Hot topic!
  • 412 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,244 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20210120-010312~2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210117-181303~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210118-231825~3 (resized).png
IMG_4538 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
6e8902d7-7b2e-4a6e-a4a2-c4166cdf277f (resized).png
Screenshot_20210117-172545~2 (resized).png
C340D257-EBDE-4E9B-B25F-A3E7B880FE3A.gif
images (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210117-164724_Firefox.jpg
640A8DA1-D44F-443C-BE0F-D3816F6696A9.gif

There are 29171 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 584.
#8801 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Seriously, you are an idiot.

Quoted from Rondogg:

Jesus, are you that stupid?

Your team just won the Super Bowl, why are you throwing insults around? Just post a picture of Brady wearing all his rings or whatever (I'm assuming the inevitable pic of the Affleck's nanny wearing them hasn't popped up yet). But if you still want to get personal, at least make the insults funny. Otherwise we'll get the impression that o-din is just expertly trolling you.

#8802 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Patriots had no choice but to win. Otherwise they would have gone down as the franchise with the most super bowl losses in history. I could feel their desperation as they squeaked out that win.

I think Buffalo and Minnesota would still have had more losses.

#8803 3 years ago

That game was as shitty as all of the others until 8m left. I was actually starting to wonder what else was on. The comeback was crazy. It led to another insufferable fan base winning a championship this season, but it was remarkable to watch at least.

That halftime show was shit. I hated every bit of it, except the schrodinger's cat moment when she jumped from the roof.

#8804 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That halftime show was shit. I hated every bit of it, except the schrodinger's cat moment when she jumped from the roof.

That was hilarious. I couldn't decide if it was suspect choreography, cameraman error, or if they decided they didn't want to broadcast Lady Gaga plummeting to her death if the harness failed so better to just catch up with her at the bottom.

#8805 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Otherwise we'll get the impression that o-din is just expertly trolling you.

Obviously

#8806 3 years ago

I went in the other room and was watching Walking Dead reruns. My son benched 400 pounds last Monday and completely ripped the tendons in his pec and had to have a 4 hour surgery. My daughter was shooting a water gun at her friend and without thinking shot him with it. He jumped and moved his arm and the pain was excruciating. He was crying in front of his friends. That and a boring game made me go in the other room. I figured it was rude to go hide with guests over so I came back out to see the most amazing comeback and win in history. I have to call BS on that overtime touchdown however. I think that if they had waited to review it before they called it a win and blew the confetti that it wouldn't have been a TD. But what do I know.

#8807 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I think that if they had waited to review it before they called it a win and blew the confetti that it wouldn't have been a TD. But what do I know.

Many people get confused by what the goaline actually is...at least I assume they do because that was clearly a TD.

#8808 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I agree with you there. I wouldn't want to see her splat on the field but I certainly think that it was a horrible halftime show. To me, Lady GaGa is horrible. Her music is terrible, her dancing is terrible and the dancers looked like something out of the original Star Trek TV show, just freaky and weird. I understand that I am 50 years old and like classic rock but I don't understand how people listen to her. Are the people attending the SB ever her target audience? I wouldn't think so.

#8809 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I understand that I am 50 years old and like classic rock but I don't understand how people listen to her. Are the people attending the SB ever her target audience? I wouldn't think so.

The halftime show isn't for the people attending, or for people that care about football, it's for the millions that watch the Super Bowl because it's a "cultural event." Everyone on this thread is going to tune in (or not) regardless of the music at half time, but giving non-football fans a reason to stick around through halftime is worth big advertising bucks to the NFL. So I wouldn't count on seeing many classic rock acts at halftime in the future, they'll stick with Bruno Mars and Gaga to keep those viewership numbers up.

#8810 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The halftime show isn't for the people attending, or for people that care about football, it's for the millions that watch the Super Bowl because it's a "cultural event." Everyone on this thread is going to tune in (or not) regardless of the music at half time, but giving non-football fans a reason to stick around through halftime is worth big advertising bucks to the NFL. So I wouldn't count on seeing many classic rock acts at halftime in the future, they'll stick with Bruno Mars and Gaga to keep those viewership numbers up.

I guess that's when I go get more wings or beer or hang out with the women because Lady GaGa ain't my thing. And who is Bruno Mars? At least she didn't go all Wynona Judd, she did her thing and jumped.

#8811 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

And who is Bruno Mars?

He was in the halftime show for SB 48 & 50

#8812 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He was in the halftime show for SB 48 & 50

I know, I was kidding.

#8813 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Your team just won the Super Bowl, why are you throwing insults around? Just post a picture of Brady wearing all his rings or whatever (I'm assuming the inevitable pic of the Affleck's nanny wearing them hasn't popped up yet). But if you still want to get personal, at least make the insults funny. Otherwise we'll get the impression that o-din is just expertly trolling you.

True. Consider me trolled. Ugh.

#8814 3 years ago

Heard that the all time record in NFL history if a team is down by 25 points is 4 - 1,057!

#8815 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

True. Consider me trolled. Ugh.

O-din's good at it. That's just one reason why he's so lovable.

#8816 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Heard that the all time record in NFL history if a team is down by 25 points is 4 - 1,057!

I bet the other three choke jobs were the Bengals.

#8817 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I wonder if a tem has ever come back from that deficit with 5 min left in the 3rd quarter?

#8818 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bet the other three choke jobs were the Bengals.

No Oilers was 1 for sure....

Quoted from Rondogg:

I wonder if a tem has ever come back from that deficit with 5 min left in the 3rd quarter?

"The Comeback" game started earlier than 5 min left....that was the only big one i could think of.

#8819 3 years ago

Probably Colts and Bucs is one. I think that was a MNF game.

#8821 3 years ago

How about the guy who wagered 1million dollar on ATL +3?

5 minutes left in the 3rd it's 28 - 3 and you're flying high thinking you've got this and then the collapse starts.

#8822 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How about the guy who wagered 1million dollar on ATL +3?

Oh man you know the Champagne was popping left and right

#8823 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh man you know the Champagne was popping left and right

And he was probably buying it all.

#8824 3 years ago

Just read a five thirty eight article on the SB. In the comments one guy said, "Run and you have a ring. Teams always wet themselves against the Pats." The reply was, "except for..."

I laughed so hard at that.

#8825 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Just read a five thirty eight article on the SB. In the comments one guy said, "Run and you have a ring. Teams always wet themselves against the Pats." The reply was, "except for..."
I laughed so hard at that.

Not sure i get it...

#8826 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I agree with you there. I wouldn't want to see her splat on the field but I certainly think that it was a horrible halftime show. To me, Lady GaGa is horrible. Her music is terrible, her dancing is terrible and the dancers looked like something out of the original Star Trek TV show, just freaky and weird. I understand that I am 50 years old and like classic rock but I don't understand how people listen to her. Are the people attending the SB ever her target audience? I wouldn't think so.

I turn 50 in a couple months...I prefer ROCK music and would NEVER go see Ms GaGa.......that being said I thought it was a pretty good show. It was clearly well rehearsed (which is more than I can say for a lot of them) and at least she didn't get "political".

#8827 3 years ago

Just heard that the stolen Brady jersey could be worth $300.000
Why would anyone want something they can't display and brag to their friends about?

#8828 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Seriously, you are an idiot. Those "legacy" teams weren't good enough to play in any of the Super Bowls the Patriots won.

No, but they were great enough to play and win in all the Super Bowls the Patriots lost.

#8829 3 years ago

Let me put it this way. There is no denying that the Patriots have become a dynasty in a time when dynasties aren't supposed to exist anymore and a legacy team of their own. I give them all the respect in the world for that. They have gone beyond the call of duty.

But, in the bowls they have met other legacy or prior dynasty franchises, they just couldn't pull it off. Came up short. And they had their chances. Those are the facts. That's all, and good night.

#8830 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let me put it this way. There is no denying that the Patriots have become a dynasty in a time when dynasties aren't supposed to exist anymore and a legacy team of their own. I give them all the respect in the world for that. They have gone beyond the call of duty.
But, in the bowls they have met other legacy or prior dynasty franchises, they just couldn't pull it off. Came up short. And they had their chances. Those are the facts. That's all, and good night.

Sorry, still wrong.

#8831 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Man your trying too hard...

#8832 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

dont waste your time Odin. These guys cant see further than Brady's coin purse and are busy with other things. They are incapable of even grasping the reality of what you say.

#8833 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont waste your time Odin. These guys cant see further than Brady's coin purse and are busy with other things. They are incapable of even grasping the reality of what you say.

#8834 3 years ago

The Bills/Oilers game is the only other playoff game that I can recall with such a big comeback. The Bills managed to do it with their back up QB, Frank Reich.

#8835 3 years ago

Super Bowl Cheers:
* Houston host city was outstanding
* Halftime show - Lady Gaga pulled it off alone with no special guests, and made no political statements
* Greatest Super Bowl comeback ever!

Super Bowl Jeers:
* Commercials that got political (the Super Bowl is to escape reality, not used as a venue for political opinions)
* Honoring black-only Hall of Famers during pre-game. (Will next year be a white-only celebration?)
* Patriots fans being classless and booing the Commissioner during trophy presentation. Winning the game with Brady MVP wasn't enough of a middle finger to him? You try to keep a league full of thugs in order, and let me know how good you could do.

#8836 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Super Bowl Cheers:
* Houston host city was outstanding
* Halftime show - Lady Gaga pulled it off alone with no special guests, and made no political statements
* Greatest Super Bowl comeback ever!
Super Bowl Jeers:
* Commercials that got political (the Super Bowl is to escape reality, not used as a venue for political opinions)
* Honoring black-only Hall of Famers during pre-game. (Will next year be a white-only celebration?)
* Patriots fans being classless and booing the Commissioner during trophy presentation. Winning the game with Brady MVP wasn't enough of a middle finger to him? You try to keep a league full of thugs in order, and let me know how good you could do.

Why do you assume its a league full of thugs? Pretty nasty assumption. Yes there are people who make it look bad for everyone but dont assume its a league full of thugs because not everyone is under that assumption

#8837 3 years ago

I liked the ad with Snoop Dog & Martha. I wasn't paying 100% attention, but it was something like "Snoop, what do you want for your birthday?" "I'd like..." "A purple kushy pillow?"

#8838 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Lady Gaga pulled it off alone with no special guests, and made no political statements

... other than including her song "Born This Way" with pro-LGBT lyrics the producers had told her to omit.

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

... other than including her song "Born This Way" with pro-LGBT lyrics the producers had told her to omit.

Eh, if that's what the producers really said, f#*k 'em. There's a very broad consensus among American corporations on the right of LGBT people to exist, which is all "Born This Way" advocates. When Coors is running floats in the Denver gay pride parade, I think you can safely say that the culture wars have moved on to other fronts. But it's also improbably that she just "slipped" an unapproved song into her performance, everything is so highly choreographed (and all the singing is lip synched, right?). I have to imagine the producers heard that song 50 times in rehearsals, so I doubt they were surprised.

#8840 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

(and all the singing is lip synched, right?)

No, she actually sang during it (except for the first part on top of the stadium which was filmed earlier, which is also why the timing of the "jump" looked so goofy and stopped on the shot on top for too long).

#8841 3 years ago

They let people sing, but don't let them play instruments.

#8842 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can you really call this Patriots team a dynasty? They are a totally different team from the one that one 3 out of four SBs. Only Brady and Belicheck are left from those years. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Pats just curious what the definition of a dynasty is. It's probably a little for each sport.

#8843 3 years ago

This season is now officially over! What a ride!

We need to get the title of this thread updated to show the 2017-2018 season. The OP is MIA.

Who can change this?

#8844 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Can you really call this Patriots team a dynasty? They are a totally different team from the one that one 3 out of four SBs. Only Brady and Belicheck are left from those years

I give them the benefit of the doubt by including all their SB victories since Belichick and Brady came together and calling it one dynasty. It may not have happened all in a few years, but it's actually pretty amazing that even in most years they didn't win they almost always had an outstanding record and made the playoffs.

I guess it depends on how you define a football dynasty. It's tough to say though because during that time both the Steelers and Giants won two Super Bowls each.

#8845 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

This season is now officially over! What a ride!
We need to get the title of this thread updated to show the 2017-2018 season. The OP is MIA.
Who can change this?

I imagine the options are to start a new thread, or reach out to flank and convince him it's time to come home. Unless you can convince a moderator to do it.

#8846 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Can you really call this Patriots team a dynasty? They are a totally different team from the one that one 3 out of four SBs. Only Brady and Belicheck are left from those years. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Pats just curious what the definition of a dynasty is. It's probably a little for each sport.

Can you really call the Ming Dynasty a dynasty? After all, it was 276 years, and I doubt a single person who was in it at the beginning lasted until the end!

Yes, you can call the Patriots a dynasty. And if they maintain the level of greatness they have shown even after Bill and Tom have moved on, you will still be able to call them a dynasty. And next year, you will most likely get the chance to again call them a dynasty... because they are a football dynasty in every sense of the word. In a world of football parity, the Patriots stand above.

#8847 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I give them the benefit of the doubt by including all their SB victories since Belichick and Brady came together and calling it one dynasty. It may not have happened all in a few years, but it's actually pretty amazing that even in most years they didn't win they almost always had an outstanding record and made the playoffs.
I guess it depends on how you define a football dynasty. It's tough to say though because during that time both the Steelers and Giants won two Super Bowls each.

Yep it seems there's been the same teams as contenders for over the past decade. Colts, Packers, Saints, Ravens and the three teams you mentioned have rarely been out of contention. It still amazes me that in 14 out of 16 SBs since 2002 it's been Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger out of the AFC and they've won 9.

#8848 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Can you really call the Ming Dynasty a dynasty? After all, it was 276 years, and I doubt a single person who was in it at the beginning lasted until the end!
Yes, you can call the Patriots a dynasty. And if they maintain the level of greatness they have shown even after Bill and Tom have moved on, you will still be able to call them a dynasty. And next year, you will most likely get the chance to again call them a dynasty... because they are a football dynasty in every sense of the word. In a world of football parity, the Patriots stand above.

What I meant was I would definitely call the first Pats team a dynasty but unsure of the current squad but OK you convinced me.

#8849 3 years ago

Dynasties or not, we've had some of the best and most competitive Super Bowl games over the last 15-20 years than there ever was in all the years prior except for a few. The 80s run of blowouts almost made paying attention to the game over by halftime.

I think it all started to improve about the time Elway and his big underdog Broncos upset the Packers at the end of the '97 season and it's been a great ride since then.

Prior to that there were a couple real good ones that occurred when they didn't have the extra week off between the championship and SB. Giants/ Bills and Niners/ Bengals were two of those I remember. I'm still all for them getting rid of that extra week anyway.

#8850 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it all started to improve about the time Elway and his big underdog Broncos upset the Packers at the end of the '97 season and it's been a great ride since then.

The end of the NFC Domination. Bellicheck only won 2 super bowl rings during that. That was a long time of shitty SB for sure.
Yet a GREAT time for the pro bowl...you really wanted to see the AFC win those puppies.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

What I meant was I would definitely call the first Pats team a dynasty but unsure of the current squad but OK you convinced me.

It's the common problem for for a word with no real definition. Like we've talked aboot before, is it the owner, the GM, the coach, players...combination of them some of those things? What if Kraft sold them next year and bellicheck and brady retired and they won again? Is that still part of the dynasty? Walsh & Johnson leave and those teams win again...hard pressed to find someone wouldn't call them a dynasty.
What we know is this, Seattle & (modern) GB are NOT Dynasties...and really isn't that enough?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Summerville, SC
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Macomb, IL
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
There are 29171 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 584.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside