Topic Stats

• 29,021 posts - Hot topic!
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,236 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpeg
6e8902d7-7b2e-4a6e-a4a2-c4166cdf277f (resized).png
Screenshot_20210117-172545~2 (resized).png
C340D257-EBDE-4E9B-B25F-A3E7B880FE3A.gif
images (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210117-164724_Firefox.jpg
640A8DA1-D44F-443C-BE0F-D3816F6696A9.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200 (6).gif
4C58228E-FE43-4218-A13B-1846AA481394 (resized).jpeg
20210116_182158 (resized).jpg
20210116_191858.jpg
20210116_190844.jpg
645fbab26b0d8722fc6b72c9de9cf472.gif
Screenshot_20210114-192118_Chrome (resized).jpg
tenor.gif

There are 29021 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 581.
#8751 3 years ago

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx170206/anatomy-miracle-how-patriots-came-back-dead-super-bowl-li

Great article about the many improbable events that led to the outcome.

When I was watching it happen I just kept thinking of that championship game of the Pats and Colts when Indy came back to win. If you're a Pats, I'm sure this SB was so exciting to watch.

Why wasn't White the MVP? SB record for receptions. Three TDs. 2 point conversion. Man, he was the player of the game.

#8752 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Why wasn't White the MVP? SB record for receptions. Three TDs. 2 point conversion. Man, he was the player of the game.

100% agree. Seems QB is default now. Kind of lame.

#8753 3 years ago

I was begging for a blitz at the end of the game. Falcons D was so gassed and they just kept coming with a four man rush. They needed to keep Brady rattled. Once he got settled it was game over.

Does anyone remember that Jones catch towards the end of the game? It kind of got lost after Edelman's amazing catch but I couldn't believe Jones got both feet in bounds.

#8754 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx170206/anatomy-miracle-how-patriots-came-back-dead-super-bowl-li
Great article about the many improbable events that led to the outcome.
When I was watching it happen I just kept thinking of that championship game of the Pats and Colts when Indy came back to win. If you're a Pats, I'm sure this SB was so exciting to watch.

It really should have been co mvps.

#8755 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way Pats come back from this. Impressive preparation by the Falcons.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Patriots are pulling some desperate shit now. Pretty comical.

haha I like coming in after and reading what happened. When Falcons didn;t score on the 1st poss of 2nd half I raised an eyebrow. When Pats pulled within 16 I knew it was a wrap; same shit diff'rent day. Doing it his whole career.
The Falcons made it easier with stupid coaching but probably would have turned out the same. Throwing, not letting play clock run down...silly shit.

As for the Swann thing he certainly has the worst stats as a WR, but he has the hardware and more importantly some of the most memorable plays in SB history so that's enough. If Troy Aikman is in, Swann should be in. Hayes MIGHT be a worse WR, but it's arguable.

#8756 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha I like coming in after and reading what happened. When Falcons didn;t score on the 1st poss of 2nd half I raised an eyebrow. When Pats pulled within 16 I knew it was a wrap; same shit diff'rent day. Doing it his whole career.
The Falcons made it easier with stupid coaching but probably would have turned out the same. Throwing, not letting play clock run down...silly shit.
As for the Swann thing he certainly has the worst stats as a WR, but he has the hardware and more importantly some of the most memorable plays in SB history so that's enough. If Troy Aikman is in, Swann should be in. Hayes MIGHT be a worse WR, but it's arguable.

The worst of the best is still pretty good

#8757 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It really should have been co mvps.

I don't know. Brady didn't play very well the first half. He was the main reason they were down so much. White was playing his heart out the whole game.

I think I read a stat he played for over 70 snaps of the Pats 93 offensive snaps. The high for the season for a Pats RB was like 48.

I know people are going to point to Brady as being great in the comeback (and he was) but his throws were a little off all night. He tightened up in the second half when there was little pressure but he still made mistakes that just happened to turn in his favor. The Edelman catch. A fade to Bennett that almost got intercepted in the end zone.

It's kind of a similar story a few years ago when the Colts won the SB. They gave the MVP to Manning but it probably should have went to Rhodes.

#8758 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Brady just moved 10 miles past evey other qb in the hisory of the nfl. Not sure why he is so hated. 6th round draft pick. Sincere. Never in trouble. Hounded by a commissioner everyone hates. Loves his family. Could jealousy ne the reason? Possibly?

1. Brady's a phenomenal athlete. Whatever you make of his inconsistent performance last night, no one can honestly debate that.
2. Sincere or vapid? POV, I suppose.
3. Never in trouble? Deflategate?
4. Ever see two people you dislike fighting? It's fun to watch, but doesn't make you suddenly love one of them.
5. Glad to hear he loves his family (including the nanny, right?)

You omitted a few items like that the Patriots have repeatedly been caught cheating (I know, I know, "You hate us 'cause you ain't us," but when you're top dog you're held to a higher standard, no one gives a crap if Jacksonville cheats). Plus political statements by Brady, his coach and team ownership in a toxically polarized election year (I know, I know, "what about free speech," no one argues they should be jailed for what they said, but you generally don't make friends by injecting politics into sports).

That said, shouldn't you be reveling in yesterday's unbelievable victory instead of cocooning yourself in the NE Victim Complex blanket? Hell of a dynasty and a hell of an achievement, just don't expect the rest of the country to join you spooning Brady in his Beautyrest Black and you'll be happier for it.

#8759 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't know. Brady didn't play very well the first half. He was the main reason they were down so much. White was playing his heart out the whole game.

I would say the Falcons Defense was the reason they were down. They adjusted in the 2nd half, like they always do, and brady threw the ball all around and made the come back; again just like always.

EDIT: Not too shabby

Quoted from TheLaw:

NE 38
HOT 28

#8760 3 years ago

If Brady hasn't proved himself as the best big game QB of all time after yesterday's performance, he has proved himself as one of the most competitive players of all time. He has the will to win like no other. Hats off to him for that effort.

The only thing he doesn't have under his belt is a perfect season, thanks to the New York football Giants. I guess that will remain the Dolphin's mark in history as it was meant to be.

#8761 3 years ago

great super bowl 2nd half

but does anyone else think the falcons owner looks like count chocula?

why would you go down to the sidelines that early even with that lead?(don't count your chickens....)

#8762 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

100% agree. Seems QB is default now. Kind of lame.

yeah should have been White.

#8763 3 years ago

Too much luck for me to be that impressed:

Lucky the Falcons were too dense to just run three times and kick a game-icing field goal.

Lucky to win the OT coin toss.

Lucky they fired off the confetti before they could review that touchdown, I'm not convinced that knee wasn't down.

What a punch in the gut to Atlanta's fans. My sympathies.

Congrats to the Pats though, thanks for a memorable SB for a change!

#8764 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would say the Falcons Defense was the reason they were down. They adjusted in the 2nd half, like they always do, and brady threw the ball all around and made the come back; again just like always.
EDIT: Not too shabby

Falcons defense had a great first half, and actually for the 3 quarters..

it was not until the last quarter, where after what, 60+ snaps, they were out of gas.. the rush faded, Brady got the time he needed.
started picking off receivers, and marched downfield...

#8765 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

but does anyone else think the falcons owner looks like count chocula?

HA! well played. i was thinking 1920s stock broker.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Too much luck for me to be that impressed:

luck is only a part of it. Lucky plays give good teams a chance to do something. You never remember the lucky plays the losing teams had because they don't capitalize on them. It's stupid and arrogant foe Falcons to try throwing it instead of running out clock and kicking a FG. You think you have the Pats beat and you try to make a point that you're a bad ass and put the nail in the coffin. Dan Quinn learned it when he watched his Seattle Offense try to do the same and lost; Same shit.

#8766 3 years ago

I think what you mean is Dan Quinn should have learned it.

#8767 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think what you mean is Dan Quinn should have learned it.

Either way...but actually I meant he learned being a smug smart ass from Pete Carrol

#8768 3 years ago

Honestly Belichek is my ideal coach. I love his gruff manor and no nonsense with the media. He's an exact copy of Popovich of the Spurs. Pure old school.

#8769 3 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Seahawk fans were asking the exact same question two years ago.

I am very well aware of that, which is why I said:

Quoted from RobT:

Belichick looks like a genius because most coaches are idiots.

#8770 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Patriots had no choice but to win. Otherwise they would have gone down as the franchise with the most super bowl losses in history. I could feel their desperation as they squeaked out that win.

All I could feel was the Atlanta suck.

#8771 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

All I could feel was the Atlanta suck.

As the game went on, so did our beer intake. It was unbelievable what was unfolding in front of us. The guy that bet on the Pats was getting happier by the minute.

All I know is you never see two two point conversions to tie up a game in the regular season, let alone the Super Bowl. That in itself was pretty amazing.

#8772 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As the game went on, so did our beer intake. It was unbelievable what was unfolding in front of us. The guy that bet on the Pats was getting happier by the minute.
All I know is you never see two two point conversions to tie up a game in the regular season, let alone the Super Bowl. That in itself was pretty amazing.

For sure. My Dad kept saying the Pats were going to win and I was still skeptical because it's tough to get one 2 point conversion let alone two.

#8773 3 years ago

How quickly we forgot the pick 6 Brady threw in the first half. I had expected two or three more of those by the end of that game...

#8774 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How quickly we forgot the pick 6 Brady threw in the first half. I had expected two or three more of those by the end of that game...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Who+won+the+Super+Bowl%3F

#8775 3 years ago

The Pats are now 5-4 in Super Bowls, and that puts the Falcons at 0-2. The team the Patriots couldn't seem to beat in either Bowl they played, The Giants are 4-1.

I'd say Eli Manning's two rings are still shining brighter than any of Brady's five.

#8776 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Pats are now 5-4 in Super Bowls, and that puts the Falcons at 0-2. The team the Patriots couldn't seem to beat in either Bowl they played, The Giants are 4-1.
I'd say Eli Manning's two rings are still shining brighter than any of Brady's five.

Brady is 5 and 2 in super bowls.

Love how all you non pats fans feel the need to downplay what brady has accomplished over the years. Trying to find any excuses to make you feel better about your own teams failures. Makes me smile

#8777 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As a Giants fan I like the way you think, but we should probably all just accept at this point that Brady's an exceptional QB. (A wang in real life, of course, but an exceptional QB).

That said, it makes me smile knowing how many sleepless nights Brady has had on his Beautyrest Black thinking back to the Giants defense crushing him.

#8778 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

As a Giants fan I like the way you think, but we should probably all just accept at this point that Brady's an exceptional QB. (A wang in real life, of course, but an exceptional QB).
That said, it makes me smile knowing how many sleepless nights Brady has had on his Beautyrest Black thinking back to the Giants defense crushing him.

I would have loved to see another patriots giants game. I was actually hopeing for that just so we would have a chance to redeem ourselves against the giants lol. Although if we lost again eli would definately look like a god.

#8779 3 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Love how all you non pats fans feel the need to downplay what brady has accomplished over the years.

No I was simply up playing what Eli Manning accomplished. Going 2-0 in Super Bowls and beating the supposed best team in recent years twice. There's no getting past that no matter how you look at it.

Just as Joe Montana's legacy would not be the same if he had been beat twice by a team like the Bills in Super Bowls when those teams were involved.

5 rings is epic, but there will always be the team that was better in Super Bowls, the New York Giants.

#8780 3 years ago

How is 2 rings better than 5 your way into the kool-aid

#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I would have loved to see another patriots giants game. I was actually hopeing for that just so we would have a chance to redeem ourselves against the giants lol. Although if we lost again eli would definately look like a god.

I had to laugh at Eli as a god.

It is amazing how some people can hinge a person's success on one or two crucial plays when in reality a lot of things had to go right with a lot of people's efforts being the reason.

If New England's offensive line doesn't solidify in the second half, Brady's done. If that NE defense doesn't provide one stop out of the many attempts, Atl wins. That was a team win by definition. Brady's only one person and couldn't do it himself.

We like to say, myself included, that Atl's front four was gassed but NE's offensive line was out there the same amount of snaps. At the end of the game that's what I was watching and they played great.

#8782 3 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

If only Harrison was 3 inches taller. Ball tipped, game over..

the Giants were good, they played well and deserved their wins...

#8783 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No I was simply up playing what Eli Manning accomplished. Going 2-0 in Super Bowls and beating the supposed best team in recent years twice. There's no getting past that no matter how you look at it.
Just as Joe Montana's legacy would not be the same if he had been beat twice by a team like the Bills in Super Bowls when those teams were involved.
5 rings is epic, but there will always be the team that was better in Super Bowls, the New York Giants.

In both goants Super Bowls the games came down to an unbelievably lucky play and could have easily gone the other way. Giants fans act like 3li is even un the same stratosphere as the goat. That we should feel ashamed for going 18-1. They act like we are somehow still affected by those losses. We're not. We moved on a long time ago. Nobody would ever choose 3lis career over the goats.

#8785 3 years ago

The Falcons used the Giants' tactic of putting constant pressure on Brady. It worked until they ran out of gas. Eli was at this year's Super Bowl to receive his Humanitarian Award. Eli may not be as great a qb as Brady but he is a class act, as is Matt Ryan.

#8786 3 years ago

The hall of fame is becoming a joke. A long line of current hof members are questioning why Owens isn't in after 2 votes.
Owens didn't even make the first cut of 10. Which basically means until the whole structure changes, TO isn't getting in. Complete farce.

#8787 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He only made it to 2 superbowls... if brady stopped making it to superbowls after his FOURTH season in the league would be 3-0. So now the fact he made it a few more times and lost doesnt make it worse only better.

Giants were a wildcard team and beat the patriots so good for them they played a hell of a game. Just not going for the fact his two rings are "shinier" than bradys.

#8788 3 years ago

Quality over quantity. I'm sure most NE fans would like to pretend those two games against the Giants never happened. If you want to look at the big picture, check the overall superbowl records of the teams the pats have beat and compare them to the teams that beat them, meaning the Giants, Packers, and Bears.

#8789 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quality over quantity. I'm sure most NE fans would like to pretend those two games against the Giants never happened. If you want to look at the big picture, check the overall superbowl records of the teams the pats have beat and compare them to the teams that beat them, meaning the Giants, Packers, and Bears.

...and you would have the dumbest stat in the history of stats.

#8790 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

...and you would have the dumbest stat in the history of stats.

If and when the Patriots can beat a team that has already established themselves as a dynasty in the Super Bowl, then I will give them all the credit they deserve. I'm not saying five rings isn't amazing, but I'd like to see one against one of the proven great teams of history and so far the Pats are 0-4 in that department.

#8791 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not saying five rings isn't amazing

dont forget the * on that statement

#8792 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm pretty sure that Eli would rather have a lower winning percentage in the SB than his current 100% if it meant having 5 Super Bowl rings...instead of 2.

#8793 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

The hall of fame is becoming a joke. A long line of current hof members are questioning why Owens isn't in after 2 votes.
Owens didn't even make the first cut of 10. Which basically means until the whole structure changes, TO isn't getting in. Complete farce.

What do you mean complete farce?!

JERRY JONES is in the Hall of Fame. Instant credibility!

#8794 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm pretty sure that Eli would rather have a lower winning percentage in the SB than his current 100% if it meant having 5 Super Bowl rings...instead of 2.

I figure he's OK with the two considering the team he beat. Five and losing twice to the Patriots?... maybe...

#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If and when the Patriots can beat a team that has already established themselves as a dynasty in the Super Bowl, then I will give them all the credit they deserve. I'm not saying five rings isn't amazing, but I'd like to see one against one of the proven great teams of history and so far the Pats are 0-4 in that department.

Seriously, you are an idiot. Those "legacy" teams weren't good enough to play in any of the Super Bowls the Patriots won. YOU HAVE TO WIN GAMES TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL, I can't even believe I have to tell you that! Besides, according to your argument, the Giants victories against the Patriots are worthless since the Patriots never beat a legacy team in the SB?

Jesus, are you that stupid? Even 3li Manning, one of the most classy players in the NFL said of his Super Bowl wins “I think I just happen to catch them (the Patriots) on the right day”. So just relax sparky, it's ok to admit the Patriots last 15 years are the greatest fb dynasty in NFL history.

#8796 3 years ago

...and the Bears are one of the great teams in SB history? They have as many SB victories as Tampa Bay. Christ...

#8797 3 years ago

Hey Bitches! Did you hear we just had another parade??? Hahahahahahaha. Time for Tom to start getting the ring sizes on his other hand! See you next year (in our shadow!)

#8798 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Didn't they beat the dynasty team in the afc
championship (Pittsburgh) no nfc dynasty since 90s Cowboys

#8799 3 years ago

IMG_6500 (resized).JPG

#8800 3 years ago

Bellicheck's 7th ring...wow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 21.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 85.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 29021 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 581.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside