Topic Stats

• 29,935 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Deaconblooze
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,280 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giphy.gif
download (resized).jpeg
141729222_3667569560008051_1438726216779814965_o (resized).jpg
126A6E05-9C86-4B01-ACE9-5068A1D7519E (resized).png
614de537ea516c274f9c95e722fbf9d5.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
140054414_3810924239021976_7570818018834808219_n (resized).png
giphy.gif
634B8499-25EA-4011-A124-63951257456B (resized).jpeg
3A9D2AA7-A6CB-4957-8AF0-C41D63353CE1 (resized).jpeg
2BEDE0F0-8934-4B03-BF89-69ADFE43B74E (resized).jpeg
3968CA10-EE7E-4D60-BD96-FEAA87F43472 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210124-174024~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210124-173857~2 (resized).png
A6A27ECC-6C7E-4BB0-A5B7-27D8FEF2B5E1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210124-172151~2 (resized).png

There are 29935 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 599.
#8701 3 years ago

So when they were walking the lombardi trophy to the stage through the players how many times did you all hear the word "motherfucker" said before someone at fox muted the sound coming from there?

#8702 3 years ago

5 TIME CHAMPIONS ......

#8703 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Pats are god awful.

yep. Until they weren't.

#8704 3 years ago

gotta love all the massholes show up for the first time this year in the thread, lol.

#8705 3 years ago

Best fuckin superbowl ever!!!
Most suspenful 1.5 quarters of football. Largest comeback was 10 before Pats 25 tonight.

JULIAN EDEMAN'S catch should go down as top 3 catch in superbowl history.

#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love all the massholes show up for the first time this year in the thread, lol.

Don't you have some failing pinball companies to defend?

#8707 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way Pats come back from this. Impressive preparation by the Falcons.

impressive comeback from the patriots.

#8708 3 years ago

Didn't get the whole Riger Goodell thing, what's the scoop on that?

#8709 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Pats are god awful.

yeah sure.

#8710 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

He suspended Tom 4 games this year for something he had nothing to do with. Tom wins anyway.

#8711 3 years ago

Best Super Bowl ever (aside from the Halftime show).

Brady is now the greatest Quarterback ever and greatest living American.

#8712 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

What, you mean roger fidel and his vendetta against TB and the Patriots?
It was the Tom Brady FU tour all season long.
Boos 100% deserved.

#8713 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Brady is now the greatest Quarterback ever

Fair enough

Quoted from John_I:

and greatest living American.

Laughable

#8715 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

??????
Its 75 percent against the pats 25 percent for. Check the poll i put up.

No wonder most patriots fans were not posting because everyone was against them. People wanted the falcons to win just b/c they hate the pats...

#8716 3 years ago

Who the fuck calls a passing play in that situation?

You have the game fucking won with a FG, and you are at the 23 yard line. This is no brainer shit. You run the GD ball 3 times in a row, take time off the clock, and kick the f'in FG to ice the game.

That sack is exactly what the idiot Falcons deserved for calling a pass play. Then finish it off with a holding call. Was obvious the Pats were going to win at that point.

Belichick looks like a genius because most coaches are idiots.

#8717 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You have the game fucking won with a FG, and you are at the 23 yard line. This is no brainer shit. You run the GD ball 3 times in a row, take time off the clock, and kick the f'in FG to ice the game.
That sack is exactly what the idiot Falcons deserved for calling a pass play.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AustinKellerman/status/828436410994663424/video/1

Trey Flowers had an awesome game (6 tackles, 4 solo, 2.5 sacks, 2 TFL). That sack was one of the most pivotal plays in the game.

#8718 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Worst snub ever. I saw that Lynn Swan is in. That's the worst thing I've ever seen.

A little late to this post but I couldn't let it slide. Lynn Swann was a great WR and totally deserves to be in the HOF. Bradshaw wouldn't have had his four SB rings without him. Just because he played in a run heavy league and T.O. played in a pass heavy league shouldn't matter. Also Swann waited 15 years after first being eligible. T.O. won't have to wait that long.

I personally don't think TO made any team he was on better except the one year in Philly and a couple years in SF. Marvin Harrison was a better reciever from a similar time period but didn't garner as much press because of his quiet demeanor.

#8719 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That sack is exactly what the idiot Falcons deserved for calling a pass play. Then finish it off with a holding call. Was obvious the Pats were going to win at that point.

#8720 3 years ago

Holy shit. That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen watching football.

th (resized).jpg

#8721 3 years ago

A play off game that certainly deserves the name "Super Bowl", that was some history in the making game.

#8722 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, this was more of a total collapse by the Falcons giving em the game. If they had went up by 2 scores, game over. Gotta hand it to Brady though, drives down for 2 TD's and gets the 2 points both times. Un frickin believable! I can't stand the Patriots, enjoy your dynasty cause it's coming to an end.

#8723 3 years ago

Seriously though, time to take a step back from love/hate for a second. This was one of the greatest games ever. For it to happen in a Super Bowl is insane. I am still in shock and can't believe the Patriots won. Watching the highlights there were so many great plays on both sides it is amazing. That catch by Edelman was unreal. This is why we love this game.

#8724 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pats 34
Falcons 23

Actually came pretty close on the score, though my prediction was a much easier win.

#8725 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So how did things work out for you Ronnie

See, if you had any brain cells you would have noticed that I posted that right after Brady threw a pick 6, thus my joke worked out perfectly.

#8726 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

That win is for Ronnie

Can't say I wasn't thinking of the irony when Brady almost threw that pick from the 2 or 3 yard line...

#8727 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

A little late to this post but I couldn't let it slide. Lynn Swann was a great WR and totally deserves to be in the HOF. Bradshaw wouldn't have had his four SB rings without him.

I'm sorry but that alone shouldn't get him into the hall. Worst stats of any person I've ever seen in the hall. Makes no sense.

He was put into the hall for one reason only. The Super Bowls. He didn't even finish in the top ten of wide receivers in terms of yards more than twice in his career. That's horrible. Never once lead the league in anything from what I can tell.

Yeah he was part of a dynasty. So what? So we're a lot of the big red machine but not all of them automatically go to the hall of fame for it.

#8728 3 years ago

.. not many turnovers.... but.. rings anyone ?
oh wait, theres one missing.

brady (resized).jpg

#8729 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seahawk fans were asking the exact same question two years ago.

#8730 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I see Whysnow is a poor loser that explains a lot of his Pinside personality

#8731 3 years ago

Lady Gaga stole Jaxson De Ville's act.

#8732 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I see Whysnow is a poor loser that explains a lot of his Pinside personality

it was a joke dummy.

I dont care who won the superbowl, my cubbies are still world champs. Gives me a whole year worth of IDGAF, GDIAF.

#8733 3 years ago

Anyone else laugh their asses off when Willie McGinnest was walking with the trophy and dropping f bombs into a live microphone untill they cut his mike and Strahan pops out of nowhere and grabs the Lombardi from him?

I wonder if ol willie still has a job

#8734 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Don't forget that the Matt Ryan fumble came on a 3rd and 1 as well. Kyle Shanahan thinks he's a genius and blew the game for the Falcons. He should have been co-MVP of that game with Brady.

#8735 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm sorry but that alone shouldn't get him into the hall. Worst stats of any person I've ever seen in the hall. Makes no sense.
He was put into the hall for one reason only. The Super Bowls. He didn't even finish in the top ten of wide receivers in terms of yards more than twice in his career. That's horrible. Never once lead the league in anything from what I can tell.
Yeah he was part of a dynasty. So what? So we're a lot of the big red machine but not all of them automatically go to the hall of fame for it.

It was a different era and he was a top receiver of that era. Just look at the receiver yard leaders from during his career 74-82. In 77 the NFL leader had 870 yards.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_yds_year_by_year.htm

Swann was a first team all pro, a two time second team all pro, and a three time pro bowler. He lead the league in TDs in 75. He was top 10 in yards for three years. He was a SB MVP.

Stats aren't the only the thing that matters either or there wouldn't be any offensive linemen in the Hall. I'm sure Gale Sayers don't match up to a lot of people but he's in the hall because he was awesome for a short time.

Swann waited fifteen years to get in so it's not like he was a first ballot. Owens will get in eventually. He burned a lot of bridges so it's not surprising he's missed some opportunities. That's the story of his career.

#8736 3 years ago

Lynn Swann absolutely deserves to be in the Hall. It was a 14 game season until 1978 which limited the stats and Pittsburgh usually had the lead so they did not need to pass. Bradshaw didn't have great stats either but he is deservedly in the Hall.

#8737 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Swann was a first team all pro, a two time second team all pro, and a three time pro bowler. He lead the league in TDs in 75. He was top 10 in yards for three years. He was a SB MVP.

Sorry but this doesn't scream best WR of his era to me. And if these stats are the best of his era, then so be it. I still don't think he should be in. Just chalk up that era to questionable WR play. Haha.

Also I don't understand the argument of well he played on a team with a great defense so their offense didn't need to do much. Sorry but you can't assume performance and get someone into the HOF. You actually have to do it imo.

Agree to disagree but he might be the worst WR in the HOF.

#8738 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry but this doesn't scream best WR of his era to me. And if these stats are the best of his era, then so be it. I still don't think he should be in. Just chalk up that era to questionable WR play. Haha.
Also I don't understand the argument of well he played on a team with a great defense so their offense didn't need to do much. Sorry but you can't assume performance and get someone into the HOF. You actually have to do it imo.
Agree to disagree but he might be the worst WR in the HOF.

I don't think your understanding my argument. His WR play wasn't less worthy but the prevalent strategy among NFL teams then was run, run, run and then maybe pass. I never mentioned defense in my argument.

There were only three WRs from that era of mid 70s to early 80s in the HOF: Swann, Stallworth, and Largent. There are guys that played in that era at the beginning or end of their careers but no more where the majority came from that era. Gene Washington is another guy that should be in from that era. He was pretty great but his stats pale to today's pass happy stats and will probably never make it.

You kind of sound like a disgruntled Bengals fan which is weird because I would have figured Swann was before your time and Owens wasn't to great with the Bengals.

#8739 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

There were only three WRs from that era of mid 70s to early 80s in the HOF: Swann, Stallworth, and Largent. There are guys that played in that era at the beginning or end of their careers but no more where the majority came from that era. Gene Washington is another guy that should be in from that era. He was pretty great but his stats pale to today's pass happy stats and will probably never make it.

I only started looking at his stats after someone mentioned to me that his stats were bad. Then it was glaring how bad they were. I then compared them to his peers and they weren't much better. I'd expect him to be in the top five most major WR categories for most of his career. He wasn't even close to that. How come he wasn't all pro for multiple seasons? Why only pro bowl three times in over ten years? Seems like he only impacted one super bowl too. Being on a SB team doesn't add to a resume unless you contribute significantly imo.

I'm a long suffering bengals fan, but Lynn swan happening to play for the Steelers is meerly coincidence.

Also my argument about defense was in response to Steve o sorry.

That defense was all World. Let's not kid ourselves and think that Steelers dynasty does anything without it.

#8740 3 years ago

Brady just moved 10 miles past evey other qb in the hisory of the nfl. Not sure why he is so hated. 6th round draft pick. Sincere. Never in trouble. Hounded by a commissioner everyone hates. Loves his family. Could jealousy ne the reason? Possibly?

#8741 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I only started looking at his stats after someone mentioned to me that his stats were bad. Then it was glaring how bad they were. I then compared them to his peers and they weren't much better. I'd expect him to be in the top five most major WR categories for most of his career. He wasn't even close to that. How come he wasn't all pro for multiple seasons? Why only pro bowl three times in over ten years? Seems like he only impacted one super bowl too. Being on a SB team doesn't add to a resume unless you contribute significantly imo.
I'm a long suffering bengals fan, but Lynn swan happening to play for the Steelers is meerly coincidence.
Also my argument about defense was in response to Steve o sorry.
That defense was all World. Let's not kid ourselves and think that Steelers dynasty does anything without it.

All Pro is a tough accomplishment so even being named second team is nothing to sneeze at. And Swann played less than 10 years not more than. 74-82. In SB XIII he had 7 catches for 124 yards and the last TD.

Here's a good article that tells about recievers from this era that are largely forgotten because their stats aren't mind blowing like recievers today. Read the description of Swann's SB MVP.

http://www.footballperspective.com/guest-post-brad-oremland-best-wrs-by-decade-1970-79-and-1975-84/

#8742 3 years ago

That was the worst clock management I've ever witnessed!
Atlanta should be ashamed of that effort.
Made Patriots look great.
Was the greatest choke in Super Bowl History!
Atlanta now holds that record.
Congrats Atlanta!

#8743 3 years ago

Patriots had no choice but to win. Otherwise they would have gone down as the franchise with the most super bowl losses in history. I could feel their desperation as they squeaked out that win.

#8744 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That offense was pretty decent as well. From 72 to 79 they never ranked lower than 7th in points and were top 5 for six of those years. Top 10 in yards every year but two.

#8745 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Don't forget that the Matt Ryan fumble came on a 3rd and 1 as well. Kyle Shanahan thinks he's a genius and blew the game for the Falcons. He should have been co-MVP of that game with Brady.

Yep! Not trying to take anything away from Brady and the Patriots, but that was really the greatest collapse ever in a Super Bowl game, not the greatest comeback. If Atlanta calls a run play on one of those situations they're waking up World Champions. Oh well, shoulda coulda woulda, congrats to the Pats fans!

#8746 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That offense was pretty decent as well. From 72 to 79 they never ranked lower than 7th in points and were top 5 for six of those years. Top 10 in yards every year but two.

Meant to look this up after I posted. Way better than I thought.

#8747 3 years ago

o-din

SUPER BOWL RECORDS SET

Most Games – 7, Tom Brady

Most Games, Head Coach – 7, Bill Belichick

Most Games Won, Head Coach – 5, Bill Belichick

Most Points, Game – 20, James White

Most Passes, Career – 309, Tom Brady

Most Passes, Game – 62, Tom Brady

Most Completions, Career – 207, Tom Brady

Most Completions, Game – 43, Tom Brady

Most Passing Yards, Career – 2071, Tom Brady

Most Passing Yards, Game – 466, Tom Brady

Most Touchdown Passes, Career – 15, Tom Brady

Most Receptions, Game – 14, James White

Most Games, Team – 9, New England

Largest Deficit Overcome, Winning Team – 25 points, New England

Most Points, Overtime Period, Team – 6, New England

Most First Downs, Game, Team – 37, New England

Most First Downs, Game, Both Teams – 54, New England vs. Atlanta

Most First Downs Passing, Game, Team – 26, New England

Most First Downs Passing, Game, Both Teams – 39, New England vs. Atlanta

Most Offensive Plays, Game, Team – 93, New England

Most Passes, Game, Team – 63, New England

Most Completions, Game, Team – 43, New England

Most Passing Yards, Game, Team – 442, New England

Most Passing Yards, Game, Both Teams – 682, New England vs. Atlanta

SUPER BOWL RECORDS TIED

Most Games Won – 5, Tom Brady

Most Touchdowns, Game – 3, James White

Most Two-Point Conversions, Game – 1, James White; Danny Amendola

Most Sacks, Game (Since 1982) – 3, Grady Jarrett

Most Two-Point Conversions, Game, Team – 2, New England

Most Two-Point Conversions, Game, Both Teams – 2, New England vs. Atlanta

Most First Downs By Penalty, Game, Team – 4, New England

#8748 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

o-din

SUPER BOWL RECORDS SET

Yep. They should just leave it at that and end the NFL for good. Cost me ten bucks, but it was a pretty amazing game to watch. A lot of penalties against the Falcons that really didn't have much to do with final outcome.

#8749 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Patriots had no choice but to win. Otherwise they would have gone down as the franchise with the most super bowl losses in history. I could feel their desperation as they squeaked out that win.

A loss would have tied them with denvers 5 losses but they won so still tied with Minnesota & buffalo with 4 losses

#8750 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Yep! Not trying to take anything away from Brady and the Patriots, but that was really the greatest collapse ever in a Super Bowl game, not the greatest comeback. If Atlanta calls a run play on one of those situations they're waking up World Champions. Oh well, shoulda coulda woulda, congrats to the Pats fans!

Coaching. Between losing his playbook and that call on 3rd and one, Shannahan is incredibly lucky he already signed his contract with the niners

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bellmore, NY
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Macomb, IL
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 29935 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 599.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside