carmichael.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 1,515.
#8401 7 years ago

If that don't bring Centerflank out of hiding, nothing will.

#8402 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If that don't bring Centerflank out of hiding, nothing will.

Holding out for SB maybe

#8403 7 years ago

You should force that time out every single time down there. Should have rushed it before

#8404 7 years ago

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PACK

Let the run continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO M'F'IN' PACK GO!
236422004452_n (resized).png236422004452_n (resized).png
briefing-packwin-master675 (resized).jpgbriefing-packwin-master675 (resized).jpg

#8405 7 years ago

1hqckf (resized).jpg1hqckf (resized).jpg

#8406 7 years ago

God I do hate the feeding motion...so annoying.

#8407 7 years ago

Go Chiefs! My pick to win it all!

#8408 7 years ago

I knew there was a reason I kept saying I didn't know what the hell was going to happen in that game!

#8409 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I knew there was a reason I kept saying I didn't know what the hell was going to happen in that game!

Ha! Exactly. The game played out just shows how right you were in saying how difficult this one was to call. I had the same feeling. I knew the cowboys could win but was never confident that they would.

#8410 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

wow what is the over/under going to be GB/ATL?!?

Bet365 has over under at 60.5
Can't remember many games with 60 point totals

#8411 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Bet365 has over under at 60.5
Can't remember many games 60 point totals

I could see it getting close but not over 60. I guess they are going off both defenses ability to let points be scored. This is thenplayoffs though.

#8412 7 years ago

Well there's a concussion

#8413 7 years ago

Just another dirty hit by a Steeler.

#8414 7 years ago

Phew...jeez that was a rough one. Just one damn TD instead of a FG wouldn't have been an issue.

God i hope they can get a dirty hit like that on Brady...that would be hilarious.

#8415 7 years ago

Holding on a 2 point play? Fuck I was hoping Andy Reid and Alex Smith would win one.

Went 3 - 1 ats this week.

Won $250 on $100 yesterday and spent $70 today and won $200

See you next weekend.

20170115_221823 (resized).jpg20170115_221823 (resized).jpg

#8416 7 years ago

All 4 of the teams I was hoping would win this weekend lost.

#8417 7 years ago

They should have played the Chiefs game in the afternoon on the sheet of ice. The NFL is really wussing it up with the heated fields and drainage systems to take the elements out of the game, like domes weren't enough.

Aaron Rodgers is amazing. 30 seconds is enough for him to win the game. If it went to overtime, the Cowboys would probably have won. The Packers defense was spent.

#8418 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

They should have played the Chiefs game in the afternoon on the sheet of ice. The NFL is really wussing it up with the heated fields and drainage systems to take the elements out of the game, like domes weren't enough.

Well said. That would have been epic.

Does kind of suck that the Cowboys lost. The NFL ratings were finally starting to come back and this will not help.

#8419 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Well said. That would have been epic.
Does kind of suck that the Cowboys lost. The NFL ratings were finally starting to come back and this will not help.

Who cares, the Cowboys were the darling story cause 2 rookies led the team, good story but they'll be around for awhile to get their chances. They ain't America's team anymore, the Packers are.

You have what is probably considered 4 of the 5 best QBs in the NFL right now in the championship games. If that doesn't do it for the NFL ratings then those people aren't really fans anyway and too bad. I can't think of a better final 4 in the NFL for quite awhile.

#8420 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

They ain't America's team anymore, the Packers are.

I laughed.

Sad but true. Overwieght, egotistical, one guy at the top continually acting like he is the savior, obsessed with beer drinking and brats, make the 99% pay for the 1% stadium/ owners business, rigged non-profits.

Sounds like America.

The script has already been written. I will be amazed if next weekend turns out to be anything besides Packers and Pats in the SB.

Only takes a few more holding calls or messed up PI calls for the zebras to finish off the seasons script

go pack go!

#8421 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

They ain't America's team anymore, the Packers are.

Sorry. They are popular and fun to watch, but not Americas team.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18484166/super-bowl-ticket-prices-drop-dallas-cowboys-loss

#8422 7 years ago

Uh ya cause the Superbowl was in TX, that kind of was a given once Dallas was out. If the Superbowl was in Wisconsin wouldn't have ticket prices cause every resident and true fan would be buying them and going. GO PACK GO, F the Cowboys and I sincerely mean that, hate Jerry Jones, they are the Yankees of NFL, they should just change their logo from a star to a $ or Jerry Jone's face. Either way they represent the same thing.

#8423 7 years ago

It seems like the Cowboys have always had the talent but injuries always derailed their seasons. I've never been impressed with the coaching either. Too many mental mistakes from players.

Jerry Jones does make them easy to hate.

#8424 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It seems like the Cowboys have always had the talent but injuries always derailed their seasons. I've never been impressed with the coaching either. Too many mental mistakes from players.
Jerry Jones does make them easy to hate.

I can't stand either Jerry Jones or Jason Garrett. I mean Garrett isn't somebody you hate, he's a "nice" guy. Unfortunately nice guys usually finish last.

Cowboys have had far too many penalties this season. Just like last season, the season before that, etc. Sign of bad coaching.

Scott Linehan has been excellent though. Offensive play calling this year has been extremely impressive overall, and it has had a lot to do with their success. Thank God Garrett doesn't call the plays anymore. That said, the play call on 2nd and 1 when they through the pass down the line that was intercepted was a terrible call.

#8425 7 years ago

Tomlin ain't too happy about the Patriots have an extra day and a half rest than they do.

"In that locker room, head coach Mike Tomlin addressed the team, and he described the Patriots — who are next week’s opponent — using a less-than-endearing term. He also expressed some frustration that his team has less time to prepare for next week’s AFC Championship Game.

“When you get to this point in the journey, man, not a lot needs to be said. Let’s say very little moving forward. Let’s start our preparation,” Tomlin, who could not be seen on camera, told the team. “We spotted them [a–holes] a day-and-a-half. They played yesterday; our game got moved to tonight. We’re gonna touch down at 4 o’clock in the [expletive] morning. So be it. We’ll be ready for that ass. But you ain’t got to tell them that we’re coming.”

#8426 7 years ago

The preseason narrative for the boys (pre-Romo injury) was how could their defense stop anyone. As the offense thrived, the talk about defense disappeared. In the end the lack of defensive playmakers caught up with them, but even then they played probably as well as their talent could be expected against an excellent offense.

The boys offense is still excellent and should be for several years. With a defense focused draft and possible contributions from Jaylon Smith their future is as bright as any team in the league.

#8427 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tomlin ain't too happy about the Patriots have an extra day and a half rest than they do.
"In that locker room, head coach Mike Tomlin addressed the team, and he described the Patriots — who are next week’s opponent — using a less-than-endearing term. He also expressed some frustration that his team has less time to prepare for next week’s AFC Championship Game.
“When you get to this point in the journey, man, not a lot needs to be said. Let’s say very little moving forward. Let’s start our preparation,” Tomlin, who could not be seen on camera, told the team. “We spotted them [a–holes] a day-and-a-half. They played yesterday; our game got moved to tonight. We’re gonna touch down at 4 o’clock in the [expletive] morning. So be it. We’ll be ready for that ass. But you ain’t got to tell them that we’re coming.”

Maybe the Steelers should try getting the number one seed.

#8428 7 years ago

The Cowboys dump Romo and his 22 million owed next year and pull a giants and stock up on d next year. They can follow the seahawks model and have a qb for a few years where they don't have to pay him ($500gs next year) and add a pass rusher, linebacker and secondary.
However it is Jerry Jones so he's bound to fuck it up. And I hate the Cowboys more then any other team.

#8429 7 years ago

I think the Texans did a pretty good job tenderizing the Patriots for next weeks game, so I think the Steelers have a pretty good chance of finishing the job.

As good as the Packers played the last two weeks, Atlanta's going to be tough to beat at home.

#8430 7 years ago

I'm willing to see a Packers/Steelers II.

#8431 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think the Texans did a pretty good job tenderizing the Patriots for next weeks game, so I think the Steelers have a pretty good chance of finishing the job.

Gonna be a tall order for sure but why not. Hope they can pull it off like 2009 and get the Cup & Lombardi.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm willing to see a Packers/Steelers II.

Uff I remember going in to that SB and Rodgers was looking a lot like now...I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

#8432 7 years ago

3 teams that I really don't like (2 that I downright hate) are still in the playoffs.

My only hope at this point is that the Falcons, who always choke in the playoffs, somehow find a way to win it all.

#8433 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be amazed if next weekend turns out to be anything besides Packers and Pats in the SB.

I'll take that bet.....Green Bay's run ends in Atlanta. Actually I think that is a much more exciting matchup than Atlanta at Dallas. Should be a great game and a lot of fun to watch.

NE & Pitt.....meh.

#8434 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I know he didn't know he was being recorded live to FB but I'm not sure what he is trying to tell his players. I guess if I'm a coach, the last thing I want my team to know is that they are not going have as much time as the Patriots to prepare for the next game. No excuses. Can't see how that helps his team prepare mentally for the AFCCG.

#8435 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'll take that bet.....Green Bay's run ends in Atlanta. Actually I think that is a much more exciting matchup than Atlanta at Dallas. Should be a great game and a lot of fun to watch.
NE & Pitt.....meh.

what are the official odds on that bet?

i.e. a combo bet that both GB and Pats win this weekend?

#8436 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Except it's the Falcons. They've had a great team in the playoffs several times over the last 5 years or so, but they never come through in the big game(s). Beating the Seahawks was not particularly impressive given how beat up they were.

Don't get me wrong, I am pulling for them all the way from here on out, but history doesn't bode well for them in terms of getting over the hump.

#8437 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Or try harder at cheating.

#8438 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Exactly.

Not exactly becoming to see a head coach in the NFL act like a whiny little bitch like that.

#8439 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

...but I'm not sure what he is trying to tell his players. ...Can't see how that helps his team prepare mentally for the AFCCG.

Really? You can't at all? Players getting "coached up?"

Quoted from bemmett:

GO PACK GO, F the Cowboys and I sincerely mean that, hate Jerry Jones, they are the Yankees of NFL,...

haha...besides the fact the NFL is set up the exact opposite way.

This is the good time right here...everyone is getting super salty and holy!

Like this!

Quoted from RobT:

Not exactly becoming to see a head coach in the NFL act like a whiny little bitch like that.

bwaha...the entire day of football is one big whine fest from every single player, fan, & coach.
EDIT; and owner if you throw in them Cowboys

The only possible way to get more whining is watching the NBA

#8440 7 years ago

That footage of antonio Brown hamming it up in the locker room is priceless

#8441 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That footage of antonio Brown hamming it up in the locker room is priceless

He seemed to love the 4-5 mentions of keeping it in house and off social media.

#8442 7 years ago

I am really looking forward to next week's games. If anyone can stop the Pats it's the Steelers. Green Bay is on one of those runs like last time they won the Super Bowl. For Atlanta to win, Matt Ryan will have to play like an MVP because it should be a shoot out.

#8443 7 years ago

MVP odds

Brady +150
Ryan +350
Rogers +500

Although I thought all season it will be Brady, all the talking hair doos are leaning Ryan.
I still think Brady wins but at 3.5 to 1 I'm throwing a hundo on Ryan today

#8444 7 years ago

This weekends odds.

GB @ ATL
4.5 ATL
60.5 Total

PIT @ NE
4.5 NE
50.5 Total

I'm surprised the NE line wasn't larger

Thoughts on this weeks games?

#8445 7 years ago

It's always fun watching the Cowboys lose. I know the consensus is "big deal, they have a bright future!" but you never know how that's gonna pan out.

I really don't hate any of the teams left but I guess I'd like to see the Falcons go all the way. I'm sick of the Steelers and their obnoxious towel-waving fans, I'm tired of the Packers and their polite, generally nice fanbase, and I'm sick of the Patriots because I don't appreciate greatness when I'm actually experiencing it, though one day I will look back in wonder at the fact that I once breathed the same air as the greatest dynasty in history.

Basically I just hate the cowboys so now that that's over with I don't really care.

Go Dirty Birds!

My Picks are Packers (Rogers is just in unstoppable mode)
Patriots (who are we kidding the Steelers ain't gonna win this game)

#8446 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's always fun watching the Cowboys lose. I know the consensus is "big deal, they have a bright future!" but you never know how that's gonna pan out.

I can say that I think that they do have a bright future, but I sure as hell won't say "big deal" (that they lost) before making that statement.

Like you said, you never know how things will pan out. Look at the season that Carolina had last year, going to the Super Bowl and losing. How many people said something similar "Well, they had a great year and have to be the odds on favorite to go back to the SB next year!"

They didn't even make the playoffs. Cardinals were also expected to be a serious contender to win it all. Again, didn't even make the playoffs.

So yeah, as a Cowboys fan, I'm pretty fucking pissed that they lost. These opportunities (including being the number 1 seed) just don't come around that often. Winning Super Bowls is hard.

#8447 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Patriots (who are we kidding the Steelers ain't gonna win this game)

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm surprised the NE line wasn't larger

We shall see. I don't think Pats are as rock solid as everyone is saying (on the other side of course) after that last game.
Have the patroits beaten any QB this season is the question? Not really

#8448 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We shall see. I don't think Pats are as rock solid as everyone is saying (on the other side of course) after that last game.

I agree.

But at the same time, the Steelers aren't exactly rock solid either. How many TDs did they score against the Chiefs again?

#8449 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree.
But at the same time, the Steelers aren't exactly rock solid either. How many TDs did they score against the Chiefs again?

Yeah you would hope Haley has a little more respect for NE D but he's a weirdo so you never know. Classic" we have the best RB but refuse to rush in red zone" stupid play calling. 16 points sure as shit ain't getting you a win unless bressit is back in.

No one thinks Pitt is rock solid which is why I'm not sitting here saying they will win. Brady doesn't like getting hit we all know, you get enough pressure on him and give Dupree time to get a big shot on him a few wacks it could make things interesting. Don't know much aboot NE o-line though

#8450 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Brady doesn't like getting hit we all know, you get enough pressure on him and give Dupree time to get a big shot on him a few wacks it could make things interesting.

Exactly.

If the Steelers can get to Brady early, with a few sacks, hurry ups and/or knock downs, he can become extremely frustrated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.