pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 1,507.
#8101 7 years ago

San Fran giving kaepernick an award??? WTF? What he needs is a kick in his ass as he's booted from the NFL!

#8102 7 years ago

I like betting games where there's something on the line and this week is slim pickings.

What do you guys think about tonight's playoff games in cfb?

I'm on Alabama -13.5 over Washington

Clemson +3.5 over Ohio State

The public money is on Washington and Ohio St. Sharp money on Alabama and Clemson.

Rematch of last year?

#8103 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think the main issue is that was the only time the rule was ever used.

Completely untrue. It happened AGAINST the Patriots in a loss against the Jets a few months earlier on a QB sack that resulted in an incomplete pass rather than a fumble. Don't remember any outrage or demands that the rule be changed though...

#8104 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Completely untrue. It happened AGAINST the Patriots in a loss against the Jets a few months earlier on a QB sack that resulted in an incomplete pass rather than a fumble. Don't remember any outrage or demands that the rule be changed though...

Sorry, the 2nd time it was ever used.

I won't go into the outrage over a week 2 game and the playoffs...I trust you can figure it out.

#8105 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry, the 2nd time it was ever used.
I won't go into the outrage over a week 2 game and the playoffs...I trust you can figure it out.

That week two game cost the Patriots a win. If it cost your team a win I'm guessing you would have been more knowledgeable about the rule rather than thinking it was the first time it was ever applied, which you now know is wrong. Hopefully you have learned a lesson and will refrain from forwarding this fiction in the future.

If anything, Woodson should have been called for hands to the face on that play resulting in a first down for the Patriots. I'm guessing you missed that one too. The (admittedly crappy) rule was applied correctly but it could have easily been called a penalty on Woodson. The ultimate irony (which you probably don't know either) was that in 1976 the Patriots lost to the Raiders in the playoffs on a much more controversial phantom roughing the passer call. Look that one up if you want to see a real bullshit call. The tuck rule call was simply a return of karma.

#8106 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

That week two game cost the Patriots a win. If it cost your team a win I'm guessing you would have been more knowledgeable about the rule rather than thinking it was the first time it was ever applied, which you now know is wrong. Hopefully you have learned a lesson and will refrain from forwarding this fiction in the future.
If anything, Woodson should have been called for hands to the face on that play resulting in a first down for the Patriots. I'm guessing you missed that one too. The (admittedly crappy) rule was applied correctly but it could have easily been called a penalty on Woodson. The ultimate irony (which you probably don't know either) was that in 1976 the Patriots lost to the Raiders in the playoffs on a much more controversial phantom roughing the passer call. Look that one up if you want to see a real bullshit call. The tuck rule call was simply a return of karma.

Haha.

#8107 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

First time it was called that it mattered, got it.

Just messing around man. I hope for your sake the The Superbowl Champions 2001 NE Patriots finally get justice over that one bad call in week 2.

#8108 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I like betting games where there's something on the line and this week is slim pickings.
What do you guys think about tonight's playoff games in cfb?
I'm on Alabama -13.5 over Washington
Clemson +3.5 over Ohio State
The public money is on Washington and Ohio St. Sharp money on Alabama and Clemson.
Rematch of last year?

Bama d-line is absurd. Don't know that I would bet them, but I would not bet against them.

#8109 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You guys have a lot of faith that the Raiders can beat the Broncos, In Den with Mcgloin.

I have no faith in any of this. That's why I don't wager on it.

#8110 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Bama d-line is absurd. Don't know that I would bet them, but I would not bet against them.

Alabama's offense is being Kiffined to all hell! Wonder how long til Saban has enough with the pass calls.

#8111 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Alabama's offense is being Kiffined to all hell! Wonder how long til Saban has enough with the pass calls.

Defense to the rescue with a pick 6.

#8112 7 years ago

Happy New Year my NFL family!

IMG_0404 (resized).JPGIMG_0404 (resized).JPG

#8113 7 years ago

The schedule shows we have four day games on TV tomorrow. I think that's happened before. But a few weeks ago the schedule showed a game and I got Jimmy Swaggart or something like that instead. But the day is chocked full of good games anyway. Local networks have barred the Chargers, as it's been weeks since they got aired. So much for the LA market.

Happy New Year! And let the games begin.

#8114 7 years ago

A lot of shit games today. I decided to look at a FIRE pinball project today and miss the first half of the (yawn) Jags/Colts game.

#8115 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

a few weeks ago the schedule showed a game and I got Jimmy Swaggart or something like that instead

lucky

#8116 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The schedule shows we have four day games on TV tomorrow. I think that's happened before. But a few weeks ago the schedule showed a game and I got Jimmy Swaggart or something like that instead. But the day is chocked full of good games anyway. Local networks have barred the Chargers, as it's been weeks since they got aired. So much for the LA market.
Happy New Year! And let the games begin.

Why don't you just have Sunday ticket and choose whatever games you want? Or at least have the red zone channel?

I remember in the 80s and 90s, if you lived in western Canada we were stuck watching regional shithawks coverage every weekend. You'd hope to see the Niners or Packers or Broncos in the late game but was usually,
"From the Kingdome, it's the 4 - 11 Chargers against the 2 - 12 Seahawks"
Ughhh

#8117 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

A lot of shit games today. I decided to look at a FIRE pinball project today and miss the first half of the (yawn) Jags/Colts game.

Wow. The NFL games aren't that bad are they?

#8118 7 years ago

Pretty sure there are at least 7 or 8 games, maybe more, that affect play-offs, either who gets in, or home field advantage, etc.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-week-17-games-that-actually-matter/?addata=espn:frontpage

#8119 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Why don't you just have Sunday ticket and choose whatever games you want?

I had Sunday Ticket for years. This year I declined to pay for it. It's all good, we get plenty of football anyway. Dolphins/Patriots looks to be coming on soon.

#8120 7 years ago

Rough start for the home team.

#8121 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rough start for the home team.

Brutal...get your tickets to Pittsburgh kids

#8122 7 years ago

ROMOS BACK TO STAY

#8123 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ROMOS BACK TO STAY

Looks good.

#8124 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Brutal...get your tickets to Pittsburgh kids

Win that one and they get to go to New England for the big rematch.

#8125 7 years ago

It was nice to see Mark Sanchez play 100% consistent with his reputation today.

#8126 7 years ago

Looks like the Raiders McGloin is already done. That's some brutal offense.
Go Chiefs!

#8127 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit Oakland better hope Cook has some of that old MSU magic left.

#8128 7 years ago

It's looking like Oakland might be the ones going to Houston next week. Makes the Dolphin's outing look not so pathetic.

#8129 7 years ago

I'm hoping our 3rd string QB is a phenom!!! LOL

#8130 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I'm hoping our 3rd string QB is a phenom!!! LOL

I love me some Connor Cook...good QB.

#8131 7 years ago

I hope the Raiders or the Chiefs can do something in the playoffs. I'm so sick of the Patriots. Anybody but those cheating slack jaws please.

#8132 7 years ago

You have to wonder how long before they switch coverage to the Chargers/Chiefs game. At least that one's close and they are supposed to show home team games. Epic fail by CBS.

#8133 7 years ago

Oh snap! Ask and yee shall receive!

#8134 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh snap! Ask and yee shall receive!

Except that game isn't close anymore either.

#8135 7 years ago

Can't believe the Skins didn't show up today.

Both the Packers and Lions make the playoffs!

Now to see who hosts a playoff game.

#8136 7 years ago

Dolphins at Steelers
Oakland at Texans

I'm guessing lines will be something like Pit -7.5, Hou -4.5

Thoughts?

#8137 7 years ago

The fall from 2nd to 5th really stings... where was my team today? They could have not picked a worse day to suck!!! So frustrating!

It's time for our defense to step up and for Cook to get up to speed real fast! See you in Texas!

Go Raiders!!!

IMG_2460 (resized).JPGIMG_2460 (resized).JPG

#8138 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I hope the Raiders or the Chiefs can do something in the playoffs. I'm so sick of the Patriots. Anybody but those cheating slack jaws please.

yourteamcheats.com

#8139 7 years ago

This is probably the only time you will here me say "Go Pack Go"!

#8140 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

yourteamcheats.com

They really should change the URL for that site - after deflategate everyone knows it's maintained by Pats partisans with Gronkowski-level writing skills and only loosely tethered to reality. Rename it "NFLcheatreport.com" or something and buy a few months of unearned credibility.

#8141 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They really should change the URL for that site - after deflategate everyone knows it's maintained by Pats partisans with Gronkowski-level writing skills and only loosely tethered to reality. Rename it "NFLcheatreport.com" or something and buy a few months of unearned credibility.

Fair enough. The site does need a huge disclaimer but the info is pretty fair and meant to combat the constant attack on the Patriots as cheaters. Truth is they are as clean or dirty as any nfl team but get disproportionate punishment.

#8142 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Fair enough. The site does need a huge disclaimer but the info is pretty fair and meant to combat the constant attack on the Patriots as cheaters. Truth is they are as clean or dirty as any nfl team but get disproportionate punishment.

I've never thought of them as cheaters but willing to push the rules to see if anyone notices. Win at any cost should (and probably is) the mantra of every NFL team.

Besides, they didn't take away any of their SB trophies. If they start doing that maybe they can take NO's trophy to give to Indy. Lol

#8143 7 years ago

Please refresh my memory as to why the Saints SB trophy should be taken back from them.
I thought the Saints defense did ok in that SB.
The refs didn't give the game to the Saints, did they?

#8144 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Please refresh my memory as to why the Saints SB trophy should be taken back from them.

Think he's refering to other NFL made up witch hunts ie "Bounty-Gate" for the Saints...what a joke.

#8145 7 years ago

Welp, gotta say I'm happy that we dont have to play the pack...

#8146 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Welp, gotta say I'm happy that we dont have to play the pack...

Giants will take care of them for you.

#8147 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I really don't know which one of those teams I would rather play.

#8148 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

This is probably the only time you will here me say "Go Pack Go"!

You will never see me support he Seahawks. I hate them and Carroll. They'll be done the second they aren't at home.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Ya not gonna happen. Manhandled the Giants earlier this year and are playing even better right now. It might be shootout but GB will be taking this one. GO PACK GO!
6fdf0f78ff (resized).jpg6fdf0f78ff (resized).jpg
USAT (resized).jpgUSAT (resized).jpg

#8149 7 years ago

Giants D will pressure Rogers all day. I'm sure at some point he'll be whinning to the refs about something.

Let's go G Men! (Only cause I put $50 on them 5 weeks ago at 30 -1)

#8150 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya not gonna happen. Manhandled the Giants earlier this year and are playing even better right now. It might be shootout but GB will be taking this one. GO PACK GO!

It won't be a shoot out. The Giants haven't scored 20 points in a game in over a month. I don't think their defense will keep the Packers under 20 but here is hoping they do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 75,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.