Topic Stats

• 28,684 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,222 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20210114-192118_Chrome (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
9ACB5E3E-8F17-48C3-A4AA-79635A1F4269 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210110-234440~2 (resized).png
2C01A9ED-E53D-41E2-B2C4-89F7DBBEAD53 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
tenor (34).gif
20210110_190411 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210110_174253.jpg
Screenshot_20210110-152012~2 (resized).png
20210110_160234.jpg
46c7de21fdbbb4e04d703ccd8f360044046b2ea0.png (resized).png
tenor (1).gif
8264_m_v2 (resized).jpg

There are 28684 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 574.
#8051 4 years ago

They'd have to pay like 20M and only save 5M by cutting him, and a backup level qb would likely cost more than 5M. I think Denver and Houston are possible, but I think he will stay in Dallas unless he insists on being traded.

#8052 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

They'd have to pay like 20M only save 5M by cutting him, and a backup level qb would likely cost more than 5M. I think Denver and Houston are possible, but I think he will stay in Dallas unless he insists on being traded.

I'll be very surprised if he is in Dallas next season. You don't pay that kind of money to have someone riding the pine.

It would be a nice luxury to have such a high caliber QB as a backup.

#8053 4 years ago

I bet Tony Romo retires after this season... especially if they win the Super Bowl!

Just not sure he would want to play for someone besides Jerry

#8054 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Just not sure he would want to play for someone besides Jerry

Come on now, John Elway is someone a QB with only a year or 2 left would love to play for.

#8055 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Come on now, John Elway is someone a QB with only a year or 2 left would love to play for.

Romo can't stay healthy behind the best O-line in football, he might get killed behind one of the worst ones in Denver. No way he goes to Denver, they put too much into Paxton Lynch and are going to give him a shot, not bring in another guy that will be a starter somewhere.

#8056 4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised to see Romo go to the Jets. They historically overpay for old, broken down players and the Jets need a qb more than most teams. Sometimes it works out for them like with LT.

#8057 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Romo can't stay healthy behind the best O-line in football, he might get killed behind one of the worst ones in Denver. No way he goes to Denver, they put too much into Paxton Lynch and are going to give him a shot, not bring in another guy that will be a starter somewhere.

He only needs to stay healthy and start for like 6 games.

Have you actually looked at Lynch's contract? He's making peanuts.

#8058 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So where do you guys think Tony Romo will wind up next season?

Not Miami.

#8059 4 years ago

I wouldn't consider anybody playing in the NFL making peanuts. They get paid way too much and these multi-million contracts are frickin ridiculous.

#8060 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I wouldn't consider anybody playing in the NFL making peanuts. They get paid way too much and these multi-million contracts are frickin ridiculous.

I think you're thinking of basketball or baseball. When you really crunch the numbers NFL players don't make much at all.

#8061 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you really crunch the numbers NFL players don't make much at all.

Who needs to crunch numbers when you can crunch quarterback crunch instead?

tumblr_nptgr6d7Nq1s3zerco1_400 (resized).jpg

#8062 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you're thinking of basketball or baseball. When you really crunch the numbers NFL players don't make much at all.

Especially considering how high the risk of serious injury is compared to those other sports.

#8063 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Especially considering how high the risk of serious injury is compared to those other sports.

Average career length is 3.3 years.

4.8 for NBA
5.6 for MLB

Only sport that pays less than the NFL is MLS. Hahaha

#8064 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Ha that's funny. NFL signs BILLION dollar contracts for TV coverage, And Paxton Lynch is guaranteed to make $8,334,083 from his contract. That seems to make him for the 40th highest paid QB in the league (out of 98).

Peanuts.

#8065 4 years ago

This just in. Dolphins are playing to win against the Patriots this Sunday. I think it's a good move as they still have a chance to move up a spot in the playoffs and it will help build some momentum going into the playoffs.

Whether they can pull it off or not we'll see. But IMO it's still a good game plan vs. resting players or worrying about injuries. Plus they can also use the mindset they have nothing to lose in this game.

#8066 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But IMO it's still a good game plan vs. resting players or worrying about injuries. Plus they can also use the mindset they have nothing to lose in this game.

They got the best record against Brady there so they can def do it. They aren't resting their players because they are all unproven players whom need work. Of course I think the Chargers still have to beat KC for the Fins to get out of playing Steelers.
"Be careful what you wish for blah blah" But if Steelers can get passed them, a juicy matchup with a no chance Oakland team awaits. Don;t think for a second I don;t remember Miami beating Pitt though.
Uff Fins got a hard road...but they could beat face Pitt & NE on the road in winter first 2 games. I've seen stranger things.

#8067 4 years ago

Well, the Dolphins already beat the Steelers once this year, but yeah a trip to Houston may sound better this time of year. Since they added the playoff bye weeks that does seem to give those teams an advantage, but quite a few wild card teams have made it all the way so anything's possible.

I will say the fish have the best team they have had going into the playoffs in many many years. Being in the same division as New England has made it tough for them to get there lately, but I can see a changing of the guard in the east coming soon.

#8068 4 years ago

Miami/Houston battle of the back ups....good stuff there.

#8069 4 years ago

I'm curious if the Raiders backup will be able to perform as well as Miami's has. Talk about waiting for your chance, Matt Moore hadn't started a game in what five years? All I can say is he was ready and is doing a great job. If Tannehill should become healthy, I'm not sure what that would do to the momentum they have going right now.

#8070 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm curious if the Raiders backup will be able to perform as well as Miami's has.

Raiders were done immediately after Carr's injury. Miami was winning in spite of Tannehill, and Raiders were winning because of Carr; massive diff'rence.
Shit Oakland better hope Cook has some of that old MSU magic left.

#8071 4 years ago

I guess Miami should hope for Houston and then the Raiders eh? Oh shit, I'm getting ahead of myself . Let's see how it all plays out this Sunday

#8072 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess Miami should hope for Houston and then the Raiders eh? Oh shit, I'm getting ahead of myself . Let's see how it all plays out this Sunday

Be careful what you wish for. I've wished to play two different Houston teams with backup QBs. Didn't work out so well.

#8073 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I can say is he was ready and is doing a great job. If Tannehill should become healthy, I'm not sure what that would do to the momentum they have going right now.

Sounds familiar in Dallas.

#8074 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess Miami should hope for Houston and then the Raiders eh?

OK...then the Chiefs would have to beat Pittsburgh for that happen.

But yes...that's the road anyone would like to have.

#8075 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OK...then the Chiefs would have to beat Pittsburgh for that happen.

Nope. Miami beats New England Sunday and Chiefs lose to Chargers puts Miami in Houston for wild card. A Raiders loss as well Sunday would put Miami in Oakland for the divisional, if Dolphins beat Houston. A lot of that is wishful thinking though.

Miami will probably go to Pittsburgh followed by New England if they can win.

#8076 4 years ago

Scratch that. If Oakland beats Denver and Miami beats New England Sunday, as well as the Chiefs beating the Chargers, Miami would go to Pittsburg followed by Oakland. Just like the good old days....

#8077 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

NFL 2016, The Year of the Missed Point-After-Attempt Kicks.
Definitely has made the game more interesting when the PAA kicks were moved further back, so it isn't such an easy chip shot.
Regardless, quite a few kickers seem to have sucked pretty bad this year.

You can thank GOAT Belichick but nobody would dare give him credit. Gave presentations at the nfl meetings for years lobbying for it.

#8078 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If Oakland beats Denver and Miami beats New England Sunday, as well as the Chiefs beating the Chargers, Miami would go to Pittsburg followed by Oakland. Just like the good old days....

Ahhh ha! So Raiders take #1 seed and play #6 Fins after they beat Pitt....you got it!

Shit this is complicated.

#8079 4 years ago

You guys have a lot of faith that the Raiders can beat the Broncos, In Den with Mcgloin.

I'm betting that Cheifs win, Raiders lose. Pats and Chiefs get byes. Fins go to Steelers and Raiders go to Texans for wildcard round.

Packers/Lions game should be best of weekend.

#8080 4 years ago

Second year in a row where WSH wins against NYG and make the playoffs and the loser of the DET/GB game is out of the playoffs. Seems odd no?

GB -3.5 @ DET. Packers have won 5 in a row and lions have lost 2 in a row. If home field counts as 3 points then the oddsmakers are favoring the Packers in Det by a touchdown? Was surprised this game wasn't a pick em.

#8081 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Second year in a row where WSH wins against NYG and make the playoffs and the loser of the DET/GB game is out of the playoffs. Seems odd no?
GB -3.5 @ DET. Packers have won 5 in a row and lions have lost 2 in a row. If home field counts as 3 points then the oddsmakers are favoring the Packers in Det by a touchdown? Was surprised this game wasn't a pick em.

GB all day. Give the points.

#8083 4 years ago

Schefter's reporting Romo will play Sunday. (is there a way to embed tweets on pinside?) Should make that game somewhat interesting to watch

#8084 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Schefter's reporting Romo will play Sunday. (is there a way to embed tweets on pinside?) Should make that game somewhat interesting to watch

Is the whole second team playing? Might make for some pretty boring football. Lots of meaningless games Sunday. Bengals ravens is going to be like a 4th preseason game.

#8085 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is the whole second team playing? Might make for some pretty boring football. Lots of meaningless games Sunday. Bengals ravens is going to be like a 4th preseason game.

Don't know really, but he also said Sanchez will play. hehe

#8086 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Is Dak still starting the game?

#8087 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is Dak still starting the game?

yes that's what he said. Guess 3 active qbs

#8088 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You guys have a lot of faith that the Raiders can beat the Broncos,

I don;t think we are at all. I think most of us agree their season is over.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If home field counts as 3 points then the oddsmakers are favoring the Packers in Det by a touchdown? Was surprised this game wasn't a pick em.

Well the odds makers are there to entice betting, not put an actual line of whom will win. in reality the Packers will crush the Lions by 20

#8089 4 years ago

Ravens/Bengals game was -2.5 CIN this morning and is now OTB? Wtf?

#8090 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Ravens/Bengals game was -2.5 CIN this morning and is now OTB? Wtf?

What does OTB mean? Off the board? Like can't bet it? I wouldn't touch that game with a ten foot pole anyway.

#8091 4 years ago

Sunday will be a big test for my Raiders. A win and we could possibly secure the #1 spot! I hope McGloin is up to the challenge for this incredible once in a lifetime opportunity...

Go Raiders!!!

IMG_2454 (resized).JPG

#8092 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What does OTB mean? Off the board? Like can't bet it? I wouldn't touch that game with a ten foot pole anyway.

Yup, off the board. Usually if they pull a game there's a significant injury at key position. But hadn't heard anything. Ravens deflated after last week, Bengals should roll.

When the steelers announced all their guys we're sitting earlier this week, the line went from -13.5 to -6.5

#8093 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yup, off the board. Usually if they pull a game there's a significant injury at key position. But hadn't heard anything. Ravens deflated after last week, Bengals should roll.
When the steelers announced all their guys we're sitting earlier this week, the line went from -13.5 to -6.5

I can only speak for the bengals. They will have like every single starter sitting pretty much.

#8094 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Sunday will be a big test for my Raiders. A win and we could possibly secure the #1 spot! I hope McGloin is up to the challenge for this incredible once in a lifetime opportunity...
Go Raiders!!!

Don't worry, if the Raiders don't make it, you can always pull for House Brady!

brady1 (resized).jpg

#8095 4 years ago

Were we not all hoping for Raiders/Patriots 2 @ Foxboro, in the snow?

yNFL-blog480 (resized).jpeg

#8096 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Were we not all hoping for Raiders/Patriots 2 @ Foxboro, in the snow?

Actually, it would be NE vs.Oak 4. All three previous games were amazing and 1976/2001 were both riddled in controversy and all were in the Championship game. Would love to see Carr back on the field for round 4.

#8097 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Actually, it would be NE vs.Oak 4. All three previous games were amazing and 1976/2001 were both riddled in controversy and all were in the Championship game. Would love to see Carr back on the field for round 4.

Well if we're correcting each other. I meant #2 in Foxboro. The tuck game was actually a divisional game. Pats had to beat the Steelers with Bledsoe in the 01 Championship.

#8098 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well if we're correcting each other. I meant #2 in Foxboro. The tuck game was actually a divisional game. Pats had to beat the Steelers with Bledsoe in the 01 Championship.

I think Bledsoe played one series when Brady got hurt. Bledsoe led the Pats on a touchdown drive before Brady returned. The tuck rule was one of the worst calls in history, next to the Megatron incompletion and the Seahawks "completion" against the Packers.

The Lions better find a running game if they want to beat the Packers on Sunday night.

It's kind of nice having all the games on one day for a change. Last week, it seemed like there was a game played every day.

#8099 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I think Bledsoe played one series when Brady got hurt. Bledsoe led the Pats on a touchdown drive before Brady returned. The tuck rule was one of the worst calls in history, next to the Megatron incompletion and the Seahawks "completion" against the Packers.
The Lions better find a running game if they want to beat the Packers on Sunday night.
It's kind of nice having all the games on one day for a change. Last week, it seemed like there was a game played every day.

I think most nfl experts would say that the tuck game was a correct call on an awful rule. It was rescinded with only the Steelers voting to keep it.

#8100 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I think most nfl experts would say that the tuck game was a correct call on an awful rule.

I think the main issue is that was the only time the rule was ever used.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 21.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 28684 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 574.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside