IMG_6398 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240719-104322 (resized).png
IMG_6397 (resized).jpeg
0F1FC3E5-6412-46E2-B2B3-22A6E7B799F8.gif
22e06082-4ff4-4056-a2fc-fe10e4105337_text.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240716_192737_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 77,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,538 of 1,545.
#76851 32 days ago

So now that Trevor Lawrence got paid as much as Joe Burrow and more than MVPs (Mahomes, Lamar Jackson) what does it mean? Just pay the highest price of any player to whoever is on your team because you can’t replace them?

#76852 32 days ago

It just means that any QB coming due for a contract is gonna get paid a lot of money (love, dak, etc etc). Other positions might try to do the same thing, but they're much more expendable. The top tier talent is always going to reset the top of the market, but your davonte smiths are still going to have to risk playing out the end of their deal to get to FA or holdout, and likely still aren't going to leapfrog JJ barring a desperate team.

The cap keeps expanding to the point that the Mahomes deal now looks like a great value at half a bil for 10 years. QBs salaries are going to continue to increase until further notice, so fans of teams with a QB coming to the end of the deal should be hoping for a signing sooner rather than later. The longer term the better, assuming you think you have the right guy.

#76853 32 days ago

Soon every decent qb will be pulling down Elon Musk money, except for Mahomes on that weird contract

#76855 32 days ago

Looks like the 18 game schedule is not far off, with the
elimination of mini camps as the player incentive

#76856 32 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

Yuuup.

#76857 32 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

That should come with 2 bye weeks and move the season start up a week earlier.

#76858 32 days ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

That should come with 2 bye weeks and move the season start up a week earlier.

I would prefer starting later. The 90+ degree games are no bueno, and late February doesn't have much going on anyway

#76859 32 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

late February doesn't have much going on anyway

Except horrible weather in the cold weather states. College football deals with the early start at the beginning of the September, why can't the pro's? Regular season will drag into mid-January then.

#76860 32 days ago

I’ll take an extra hot weather game in Miami each year.

#76861 32 days ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Except horrible weather in the cold weather states. College football deals with the early start at the beginning of the September, why can't the pro's? Regular season will drag into mid-January then.

All the cold weather teams are going inside anyway. Plus I want everyone to suffer the misery of mid-late February winter with me.

#76862 32 days ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

If Devonta Smith continues on his current trajectory, he'll be 340 lbs by late September. Run a couple go routes in Miami and it's midfield cardiac

#76863 32 days ago

NFL sunday Ticket Prices ? errbody screwed ?

#76864 32 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

NFL sunday Ticket Prices ? errbody screwed ?

How else are the owners gonna pay for them QB1's?!

#76865 32 days ago

Also... if you think Trevor Lawrence is overpaid... ho-lee-fuk

Screenshot_20240619_211950_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240619_211950_Instagram (resized).jpg
#76866 32 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Also... if you think Trevor Lawrence is overpaid... ho-lee-fuk
[quoted image]

He did have to watch every Pistons game tho

#76867 32 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

He did have to watch every Pistons game tho

Much easier to be Bobby.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#76868 31 days ago

Shohei Ohtani’s historic 10-year, $700 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers is an industry first, in several ways. The deal also reportedly includes a remarkable $680 million in deferred compensation.

He did this so he can be out of LA and California to pay no state/local taxes when he retires..

"The collective bargaining between players and major league baseball stipulates that there is no restriction the amount of money that can be deferred in a contract. The deferrals may give Ohtani a tax advantage if he were to move from Los Angeles to state with a more favorable tax struture."

#76869 31 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Shohei Ohtani’s historic 10-year, $700 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers is an industry first, in several ways. The deal also reportedly includes a remarkable $680 million in deferred compensation.
He did this so he can be out of LA and California to pay no state/local taxes when he retires..
"The collective bargaining between players and major league baseball stipulates that there is no restriction the amount of money that can be deferred in a contract. The deferrals may give Ohtani a tax advantage if he were to move from Los Angeles to state with a more favorable tax struture."

I still think He was the Gambler and his dude took the hit.

#76870 31 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Does he have an inflation adjuster? Seems like that could wipe out some of his tax savings.

#76872 31 days ago

OIF (resized).jpgOIF (resized).jpg

#76873 31 days ago

3 superbowl wins or 3 wins vs the chiefs. One of these things is not like the other. Joe hasn't done jack shit!

#76874 31 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

3 superbowl wins or 3 wins vs the chiefs. One of these things is not like the other. Joe hasn't done jack shit!

Just a meme my dude. While were running the statistical analysis I am also willing to bet Joe Burrow isnt actually the biological father of Patrick Mahomes, OR his children.

#76875 30 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

3 superbowl wins or 3 wins vs the chiefs. One of these things is not like the other.

Here's another "thing" that is different. Dak has ZERO wins in either column against Mahomes

#76876 30 days ago

& zero memes claiming to be their dad! I just don't think Joe has done absolutely anything to feel like he owns the chiefs.. I get the meme. I just don't agree with it! Hey, did you read about Jerry Jones saying he thinks the Bungels are one of the weakest franchises in the league? Good little article of you get time to read it!

#76877 30 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Good little article of you get time to read it!

I did read it or actually I think I also saw a video clip of the interview. He's correct he would be able to generate more money then Cincy. He has one of the largest bases (market) in the NFL while Cincy and Buffalo enjoy two of the smallest, so yes our franchise value and revenue prospects are weaker.

I certainly don't think Bengals own the Chiefs nor does anyone else but, it is becoming somewhat of a rivalry and fans talk shit......

#76878 30 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

He has one of the largest bases (market) in the NFL while Cincy and Buffalo enjoy two of the smallest, so yes our franchise value and revenue prospects are weaker....

You're not talking aboot Mahomes are you? Oh I see...you're talking Dallas/Dak

#76879 30 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're not talking aboot Mahomes are you? Oh I see...you're talking Dallas/Dak

Lets talk about playoffs. How many playoff wins does Dallas have in Jerry's Dome? My Packers have more wins in there then they do. How about those cowboys!!

#76880 30 days ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

How many playoff wins does Dallas have in Jerry's Dome?

That would be 3 total.

"Dallas’s three playoff wins there came in the wild-card round: against the Philadelphia Eagles on Jan. 9, 2010, against the Detroit Lions on Jan. 4, 2015, and against the Seattle Seahawks on Jan. 5, 2019. Since winning Super Bowl XXX after the 1995 season, the Cowboys have been one of the worst teams in the NFL in terms of postseason performance. Dallas is 5–13 in the playoffs since beating the Steelers for its most recent championship on Jan. 28, 1996."

#76881 30 days ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

That would be 3 total.
"Dallas’s three playoff wins there came in the wild-card round: against the Philadelphia Eagles on Jan. 9, 2010, against the Detroit Lions on Jan. 4, 2015, and against the Seattle Seahawks on Jan. 5, 2019. Since winning Super Bowl XXX after the 1995 season, the Cowboys have been one of the worst teams in the NFL in terms of postseason performance. Dallas is 5–13 in the playoffs since beating the Steelers for its most recent championship on Jan. 28, 1996."

They only have two at home since 2009.

#76882 30 days ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

They only have two at home since 2009.

The misery is corrected. Thank you.

#76883 30 days ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

The misery is corrected. Thank you.

I think it is weird Packers have 3 wins in there, but Dallas has 2. The cowboys are the team that I dislike the most.

#76884 30 days ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

The cowboys are the team that I dislike the most.

Like a lot of the country, me included. My meme back is overflowing with Cowboy hate when the season starts.

#76885 30 days ago
Quoted from tomdrum:against the Detroit Lions on Jan. 4, 2015

You forgot the asterisk. This was the game they announced pass interference on Dallas then picked up the flag without explanation. Then AFTER the game the official explanation was the side judge from 30 yards away that didn't have responsibility for the play overruled the back judge who threw the flag. Oh, and you may remember Dez Bryant running around after the play without a helmet screaming at the officials. And lets not forget this was the same season the NFL VP of Officiating was photographed drunk getting off the Cowboys party bus in LA

#76886 30 days ago

JJ's l-i-v-i-n rent free in your heads and I love it.
Hot take* Chicago will have more wins than greenbay this season. Booookmarked!

#76887 30 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

JJ's l-i-v-i-n rent free in your heads and I love it.
Hot take* Chicago will have more wins than greenbay this season. Booookmarked!

Wager?

#76888 30 days ago
pinside-high-stakes.gifpinside-high-stakes.gif
#76889 29 days ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]

If that car is in NIB condition like in the gif, that is quite a wager.

#76890 29 days ago
Quoted from mof:

If that car is in NIB condition like in the gif, that is quite a wager.

pinsiders only deal in minty!

#76891 29 days ago

What are the top-15 *generic* headlines while in the great NFL hibernation? (diff player, diff year, same news)

"Looking stronger and bigger than last season"
"Feeling disrespected by not being put on a best-of list"
"He skipped OTAs, has he lost the locker room?"

lollllllll

what other generic headlines can we predict to read while there is literally zero news until the great Hall of Fame game?

#76892 29 days ago

Likely to hold out due to his contract.
He should be ready by camp.
Worked all summer on his xxx.
Picked up the new offense/defense quickly.
Has really become a leader in the offseason.
Will become a free agent after this season if not resigned.
Coaches are excited to see him build on last season.
The rookie from xxx is expected make an impact right away.
Not many players could come back that quickly from a xxx injury.
That is the best QB (insert any position) room he's ever been a part of.
This is the most talented team I've been on.

And the biggest ever year by Cowboys fans:

This is our year.

#76894 29 days ago

IMG_6298 (resized).jpegIMG_6298 (resized).jpeg
Hassan Reddick posted himself dressed as a Samurai in Japan, captioning his video "The Lost Samurai."

#76895 29 days ago
Screenshot_20240622-172412 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240622-172412 (resized).png
#76897 29 days ago
Quoted from mof:

What are the top-15 *generic* headlines while in the great NFL hibernation? (diff player, diff year, same news)
"Looking stronger and bigger than last season"
"Feeling disrespected by not being put on a best-of list"
"He skipped OTAs, has he lost the locker room?"
lollllllll
what other generic headlines can we predict to read while there is literally zero news until the great Hall of Fame game?

Beat up his girlfriend but should be ready for Chiefs game 3.

#76898 29 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

20240622_190448 (resized).jpg20240622_190448 (resized).jpg
#76899 29 days ago

When you see the star, your immediate reaction is spitting on one of the points, and ?!? Weird flex, but OK.

Screenshot_20240623_002700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240623_002700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

*dude, you DO understand what that meme suggests don't ya?!?!

#76900 29 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Not the spirit of the meme, but Barnett was maybe our most effective mlb over the last 20+ years. Good player, but not league recognizable good on a consistent basis. Hawk was fine, but he'll always be remembered as an underachiever. Probably our weakest position over that stretch, in complete contrast to the bears.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sudbury, MA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
NFL
Eureka, CA
750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Toledo, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 77,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,538 of 1,545.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.