spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 1,513.
#7551 7 years ago

7-2 Baby! Go Raiders!

RAIDER (resized).jpgRAIDER (resized).jpg

#7552 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

7-2 Baby! Go Raiders!

Hats off, Raiders were dominant on both sides of the ball. I'm hoping Denver has its D intact next time and wins round two. But that was tough to watch.

#7553 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hats off, Raiders were dominant on both sides of the ball. I'm hoping Denver has its D intact next time and wins round two. But that was tough to watch.

Who was missing from the D? I was wondering why the score was high.

#7554 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Who was missing from the D? I was wondering why the score was high.

Most notably Talib. That was VERY evident last night. And Wolf went down during the game (evidently a fracture, so more bad news). Would still have been a tough fight given the anemic offensive performance but it'd have been tighter with Talib in.

#7555 7 years ago

Just like everyone else, Del Rio has done well since leaving the Jaguars.

#7556 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Just like everyone else, Del Rio has done well since leaving the Jaguars.

He was pretty terrible with the Jags. Maybe his time with Denver helped become a better coach.

#7557 7 years ago

Steelers looked awful yesterday. AFC north is officially wide open. Just the way I like it.

#7558 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Most notably Talib. That was VERY evident last night. And Wolf went down during the game (evidently a fracture, so more bad news). Would still have been a tough fight given the anemic offensive performance but it'd have been tighter with Talib in.

Carr passed for 184 yards and no TDs. Not sure Talib would've really made the situation that much better. Raiders just looked like the better team last night.

#7559 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Carr passed for 184 yards and no TDs. Not sure Talib would've really made the situation that much better. Raiders just looked like the better team last night.

It wasn't 500 yards passing, for sure, but there were a number of key passing plays that extended drives or put the Raiders in scoring position that I think Talib would have simply shut down. He's that good. Plus he's often good for a pick, which could really have shifted momentum. Hopefully we'll get to find out in January if he would have made a difference.

#7560 7 years ago

Lion's are a pain the ass to root for but that was a crazy win (partial gift) yesterday!

27 seconds no timeouts drive down the field and kick a 58 yard field goal with 2 seconds on the clock! Overtime....drive down the field and score on a crazy catch and run by Golden! The announcer was hilarious......right as Golden leaped in he yelled out "Pack Your Bags and start the Plane! This game is OVER!"

#7561 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It wasn't 500 yards passing, for sure, but there were a number of key passing plays that extended drives or put the Raiders in scoring position that I think Talib would have simply shut down. He's that good. Plus he's often good for a pick, which could really have shifted momentum. Hopefully we'll get to find out in January if he would have made a difference.

Fair enough. I get what you mean about having a player like that. Bengals safety Reggie Nelson was like that for them last year. He is now with the Raiders and seems to have the same drive and intensity. Bengals are missing him bad right now.

#7562 7 years ago

Cowboys vs Raiders would practically be a dream matchup for me in the SB.

Hope springs eternal!

#7563 7 years ago

LOL, nice punt Hawks!

#7564 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hope springs eternal!

I'm not a Cowboys fan but it would be a nice surprise to see the Raiders in the Super Bowl. I don't see it happening though. That division is TOUGH. I wouldn't be suprised if they miss the playoffs. Their next three games are against tough defenses, Hou, Car, and Buf, but they are all at home. Then 3 out of the last 4 games are away divisional games. It's gonna be interesting to see how legit they are.

I'd like to see another surprise Super Bowl winner like the '99 Rams.

#7565 7 years ago

Woooo, that was a good game to watch!! Hawks offense finally showed up, but the defense didn't really do much... Wilson finally looks healthy!

#7566 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hope springs eternal!

For me it would be awesome for Saints and Raiders to be the two teams in the upcoming Super Bowl in Feb 2017.

...but I would also be happy for any of these other AFC teams to reach the Super Bowl to play the Saints:
K.C. Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, or San Diego Chargers.

#7567 7 years ago

The 12th man = the refs
What a disgrace!

On the other side it is nice to see Russel Wilson healthy, he looked sharp.

#7568 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

The 12th man = the refs
What a disgrace!
On the other side it is nice to see Russel Wilson healthy, he looked sharp.

Yep, the refs always give the Seahawks and crybaby Pete Carroll some suspect calls.

#7569 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Yep, the refs always give the Seahawks and crybaby Pete Carroll some suspect calls.

You think?!
1e1a71b2e49b30ff72a7e88bf6a5f0f1 (resized).jpg1e1a71b2e49b30ff72a7e88bf6a5f0f1 (resized).jpg

#7570 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Not resetting the play clock was a big mistake. You'd think they'd be able/allowed to fix that. The refs need to be fined, and substantially, not just talked to.
And Richard Sherman needs to be taken out back & have the crap beaten out of him.

#7571 7 years ago

I've commented on the deplorable state of NFL refs before. The league desperately needs to address the issue but like anything else they care only about profit, so unless it begins to affect ticket sales or TV viewing nothing will be done. I think some system of fines and or refs being suspended without pay for a nominal amount of games may go along way towards better calls being made. Please don't give me the dribble about replay correcting most calls......replay for the most part is laughable. I can't count how many obvious bad calls have been upheld by replay officials only to become part of the weeks greatest headlines or a segment on "Come On Man".

#7572 7 years ago

I think this whole "indisputable evidence" thing needs to die a horrible death. If you make a call and it is reviewed, I think the refs need to have only one goal. Get the call right. If they are not 100% and cannot CONFIRM their call while looking at the replay, then they need to pick up the flag/reverse the call. If you are still not certain after reviewing the play, then sorry, no call should've been made in the first place.

Right now, I would rather there be no replay, as it has zero benefit at the time being and only slows the game down.

#7573 7 years ago

So everything that's too close to call gets overturned? I don't think that would help.

#7574 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

So everything that's too close to call gets overturned? I don't think that would help.

Yes because they shouldn't have called something in the first place if they aren't sure.

#7575 7 years ago

I think they need to put the head official in the booth all game to look at footage in real time. That would take away the wasted time it takes for refs on the field to look at the tape. It would help speed up the game.

In regards to the Sherman incident, I think the refs got it right that no call should have been made. If the offense is allowed to keep playing on an offsides call and then decline the penalty if something good happens then the defense needs to be allowed to continue playing as well. Sherman hit the ball before hitting the kicker which negates a roughing the kicker penalty.

The delay of game should not have happened if the refs were the reason for it. I'm not sure how that happens.

#7576 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think they need to put the head official in the booth all game to look at footage in real time. That would take away the wasted time it takes for refs on the field to look at the tape. It would help speed up the game.

This is just another completely dumb thing the NFL drags it's heels on. Remember when I, and you, and everyone we know has been telling them to put a goddamn camera on the goalines at games to get the perfect view? They still can't get that right all the time.

They haven't even figured to pause a replay, and then switch to another camera angle at that same point & time to help with calls. I swear I saw it once but then never again.

#7577 7 years ago

Football needs to figure out how to do replay right. As was stated, it takes too long and they still make errors.

They are way overdue with getting rid of those ridiculous chains for the first down markers. How about using some technology and use lasers or something to measure for first downs.

#7578 7 years ago

Saints fans got a nutpunch today

#7579 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Yeah that was crazy.

haha...gave Dallas the old dirty Marino

EDIT: Sure...don't worry aboot elliot

#7580 7 years ago

Cowboys are sumfin else

#7581 7 years ago

Elliott is a freaking beast! Damn!

#7582 7 years ago

That fake spike by the Steelers was pretty awesome.

#7583 7 years ago

Lions on a bye week and move into first place! Could they not play every week? It appears to help their chances.

#7584 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

So did the Falcons.

#7585 7 years ago

The deflatriots - Seahawks game was great, nice to see the Hawks offence get the running game going and perform well in general. Kam was awesome too, go Hawks!

#7586 7 years ago

Another week, another BS penalty called on Richard Sherman...

#7587 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Another week, another BS penalty called on Richard Sherman

Your lucky, if that had been Vontez Burfict in the press the last two weeks the sports casters would have branded him a dirty player.

#7588 7 years ago

Great Sunday night game. Seahawks came through with their goal line stand.

Steelers blew their game with two facemask penalties near the end. Somehow the refs missed the one where they almost took Beasley's head off. Elliott should be ROY and MVP. What a beast.

#7589 7 years ago

Record 6 - 3.
Qbs passing yards yesterday - 99 yards.
Qbs salary - 70 million, 4 years.
Team? Houston Texans.
Yikes! Brock Oswieler sucks. Or does he

#7590 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Cowboys are sumfin else

Quoted from MrBellMan:

Elliott is a freaking beast! Damn!

He sure is! I can't believe how good he is. Definitely better than Demarco Murray. Reminds me a bit of Emmitt Smith in terms of finding holes, but he is a lot faster than Emmitt was, as could be seen on that 83 yard screen pass for a TD. That play really opened my eyes in terms of seeing his speed.

#7591 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He sure is! I can't believe how good he is. Definitely better than Demarco Murray. Reminds me a bit of Emmitt Smith in terms of finding holes, but he is a lot faster than Emmitt was, as could be seen on that 83 yard screen pass for a TD. That play really opened my eyes in terms of seeing his speed.

I like how Elliott finishes off his runs. He doesn't duck out of bounds.

#7592 7 years ago

I refuse to believe the Cowboys are the best team in the league and look forward to their eventual flameout.

And the Redskins will beat them on Turkey Day and it will be wonderful.

#7593 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Record 6 - 3.
Qbs passing yards yesterday - 99 yards.
Qbs salary - 70 million, 4 years.
Team? Houston Texans.
Yikes! Brock Oswieler sucks. Or does he

I don't think the Osweiler deal is that bad (Osweiler himself may be!)

It's basically a two year commitment at around the league average for a starting qb IIRC. The Texans are stacked with players. They drafted in the 20s this year. They knew they had no chance of drafting early in 2017 to get a top tier rookie Qb.

So if he flops they cut him after next year, or redo his deal. If nothing else it pauses the Qb carousel in Houston for a couple years. Maybe he ends up legit. Seems a reasonable gamble.

#7594 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I refuse to believe the Cowboys are the best team in the league

Just like you refused to believe that (edited content).....oh, never mind.

But seriously, I don't necessarily think they are the best in the league because their defense is still very questionable. Offense is superb.

#7595 7 years ago

ugh what was that pass by Brees?!?

#7596 7 years ago

Happy Football Sunday everyone!!! Good luck to my Raiders in Mexico City on MNF!

Go Raiders!!!

IMG_0385 (resized).JPGIMG_0385 (resized).JPG

#7597 7 years ago

Man, kickers need to start doing their job. Like 10 missed extra points/ field goals today.

#7598 7 years ago

Man, the 'Hawks are handing it to the Eagles! Really lookin like the best team in the NFL...

#7599 7 years ago

How bout them Cowboys?!

#7600 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How bout them Cowboys?!

Incredible! They look so freaking good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/152 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.