spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 1,513.
#7451 7 years ago

Tony Romo

he should just retire. he won't get the cowboys to the superbowl ever.

He's good on paper but to me he just doesn't have that extra something to make him a champ.

#7452 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

November 27, book it

That's not encouraging. I started the season with crap. My bright spots were Cam, Carolina D, and Gostkowski.
They ain't looking so bright right now. Picked up Tevin Coleman and Hunter Henry as free agents and they seem solid. I'm just hurting at WR because these guys should be scoring and they are not. Seems a bit tougher to pick up a good WR as a free agent.

#7453 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That's not encouraging. I started the season with crap. My bright spots were Cam, Carolina D, and Gostkowski.
They ain't looking so bright right now. Picked up Tevin Coleman and Hunter Henry as free agents and they seem solid. I'm just hurting at WR because these guys should be scoring and they are not. Seems a bit tougher to pick up a good WR as a free agent.

I picked up Terrelle Pryor. He's been solid. I'm hoping he gets to play QB more. As long as he doesn't throw a ton of INTs, it should be awesome.

#7454 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Tony Romo
he should just retire. he won't get the cowboys to the superbowl ever.
He's good on paper but to me he just doesn't have that extra something to make him a champ.

Exactly right.

He's a great QB, except when it counts the most.

#7455 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I picked up Terrelle Pryor. He's been solid. I'm hoping he gets to play QB more. As long as he doesn't throw a ton of INTs, it should be awesome.

Somebody else in the league picked him up on waiver a couple weeks ago. I have the top waiver pick spot right now.

#7456 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Somebody else in the league picked him up on waiver a couple weeks ago. I have the top waiver pick spot right now.

Mike Wallace, Davante Adams, Pierre Garcon are guys available in my league. They might be worth a look if available in yours. They are guys I would pick up if I needed. I kind of wish I already had Adams. He's got three touchdowns in four games.

#7457 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Mike Wallace, Davante Adams, Pierre Garcon are guys available in my league. They might be worth a look if available in yours. They are guys I would pick up if I needed. I kind of wish I already had Adams. He's got three touchdowns in four games.

Thanks! Davante Adams looks like a good pickup and he was available as a free agent. I picked hip up.

#7458 7 years ago

Titans best team in nfl .. or best team ever?!?

#7459 7 years ago

I wish I could have posted the gifs here but you'll have to go to the article.

Browns and Eagles found a unique way around the NFL prohibiting teams from posting video highlights to social media.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17808784/teams-poke-fun-nfl-tweet-fake-highlights

#7460 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Titans best team in nfl .. or best team ever?!?

They are really good. Look how they beat down the Browns.

#7461 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

They are really good. Look how they beat down the Browns.

Penciling in junky for best team ever...

#7462 7 years ago

Some day for the AFC North. At least CIN/CLE/BAL were supposed to lose; uff Miami

#7463 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some day for the AFC North. At least CIN/CLE/BAL were supposed to lose; uff Miami

Pretty embarrassing for the Steelers. Looks like the north is WIDE open.

#7464 7 years ago

WTF i just ahd a post that said in other pathetic news Aaron Rodgers is garbage...that's before his fumble in the 5 yard line...lord.

#7465 7 years ago

What's up with the Sea/Atl game? First half was a very low score with Atl only scoring 3 points. I look now and they have 24.

#7466 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

First half was a very low score with Atl only scoring 3 points. I look now and they have 24.

They just reported that Pete Carrol is "very Concerned" with his defense and has "personally talked to them" a couple times in the second half whilst showing a sad Dick Sherman on the sideline...it was all VERY Seattle.

#7467 7 years ago

Oof, that game took at least couple of days off my life... 4-1, not a bad way to start off the season.

#7468 7 years ago

The Bengals lost today but I have to say that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. NFL needs to start fining or suspending refs for atrocities like today.

#7469 7 years ago

Why does Collinsworth keep talking about players flashing? Is he trying to make that a thing?

#7470 7 years ago

Spec"dak"ular game this afternoon. Beat the packers, bumped Brady from the record books with interception-less record, and proved again Cowboys have the best offensive line in the league.

#7471 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Cowboys have the best offensive line in the league.

Has this ever not been true? It seems like this has been the case since the 90s.

#7472 7 years ago

Nice graphic showing the three longest streaks for FGs made. #3 Vinatieri, #2 Gary Anderson, and #1... Mike "idiot kicker" Vanderjagt.

#7473 7 years ago

Indy's offense is just chugging along. Gore is running great and T.Y. Hilton has made two awesome catches.

#7474 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Oof, that game took at least couple of days off my life... 4-1, not a bad way to start off the season.

...and my Cowboys are 5-1 with their third string quarterback.

Didn't see that coming

#7475 7 years ago

What the crap happened to the Colts? I quit watching when it was 23-9 with 5 minutes left in the fourth. The Texans looked lifeless so I quit watching and watched Westworld. Just checked ESPN and the Colts lost 23-26. WTF!!!

#7476 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Bengals lost today but I have to say that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. NFL needs to start fining or suspending refs for atrocities like today.

Nothin that I saw was called poorly. I even thought the handled all the scrums and chippiness at the end fairly well. Bengals came to play but patriots just kept adjusting and eventually proved to be too much to handle. Another loss but encouraged that the bengals seemed to take a slight step forward and find more of an identity.

#7477 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What the crap happened to the Colts? I quit watching when it was 23-9 with 5 minutes left in the fourth. The Texans looked lifeless so I quit watching and watched Westworld. Just checked ESPN and the Colts lost 23-26. WTF!!!

Yeah that was a collapse of epic proportions.

#7478 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...and my Cowboys are 5-1 with their third string quarterback.
Didn't see that coming

Hey, wasn't knocking the Cowboys, don't have anything against them. A great draft for Jerry Jones and company. Dak and Zeke are the real deal. Their defense has been much better than expected. I smell a playoff run for the Cowboys!

#7479 7 years ago

The Cowboys look like the real deal beating the Packers at Lambeau. The Redskins have been winning too. The NFC east is more competitive this year.

Odell Beckham only had two unsportsmanlike penalties called against him this week.

#7480 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Cowboys look like the real deal beating the Packers at Lambeau. The Redskins have been winning too. The NFC east is more competitive this year.
Odell Beckham only had two unsportsmanlike penalties called against him this week.

Actually that's the maximum possible as you get ejected for the second. I thought he played the whole game? Had that huge touchdown late.

#7481 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Actually that's the maximum possible as you get ejected for the second. I thought he played the whole game? Had that huge touchdown late.

I didn't watch the game but I don't think Beckham was ejected. Maybe he only had one. I know he got flagged for taking off his helmet during a TD celebration.

#7482 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I didn't watch the game but I don't think Beckham was ejected. Maybe he only had one. I know he got flagged for taking off his helmet during a TD celebration.

I think that was the only one. He also proposed to the kicking net!

#7483 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Oh yeah I saw that. He had a pretty great game and beat up on Ravens. I'll always be okay with that.

#7484 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh yeah I saw that. He had a pretty great game and beat up on Ravens. I'll always be okay with that.

Ill take it, especially when I have him in fantasy.

#7485 7 years ago

Bad calls / no calls by refs? Anyone see the Seahawks v Falcons game? Once again, hawks get a gift from the refs. WTF was that all about?!?

DAL v GB, Prescott isn't the 3rd stringer anymore, he's the starter. Nice find Cowboys, Jerry please, don't screw this up.

#7486 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Bad calls / no calls by refs? Anyone see the Seahawks v Falcons game? Once again, hawks get a gift from the refs. WTF was that all about?!?
DAL v GB, Prescott isn't the 3rd stringer anymore, he's the starter. Nice find Cowboys, Jerry please, don't screw this up.

Refs have been pretty bad all season in every game. Sucks as some have really changed the tone of the game or directly affected the outcome.

#7487 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

DAL v GB, Prescott isn't the 3rd stringer anymore, he's the starter.

Capt._Obvious (resized).jpgCapt._Obvious (resized).jpg

#7488 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I was just pointing out that at the beginning of preseason, he was indeed the third string QB.

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment about hoping Jones doesn't screw this up!

Dak and Zeke have to be the best QB/RB rookie combo in a long time.

#7489 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothin that I saw was called poorly

You better look again they had a write-up on it on Nfl.com Simply put No. 90 Dunlap was held more in one quarter than most babies do in two years.

#7490 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You better look again they had a write-up on it on Nfl.com Simply put No. 90 Dunlap was held more in one quarter than most babies do in two years.

After they missed 47 holding calls in the Steelers game with no explanation I stopped worrying about it as nothing is going to change.

#7491 7 years ago

Sherman said there was offensive holding multiple times in the game and there were no calls. Obviously he's going to say that but I'd rather they let them play rough than it be a constant barrage of whistles. I know I'm in the minority though.

#7492 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After they missed 47 holding calls in the Steelers game with no explanation I stopped worrying about it as nothing is going to change.

Hate to say it and damn sure don't like it but we may find it tough to get to 8/8 this year given the current level of play. Dalton and Green can't do it all, nor can Hill or Geo if the line doesn't improve drastically.

#7493 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hate to say it and damn sure don't like it but we may find it tough to get to 8/8 this year given the current level of play. Dalton and Green can't do it all, nor can Hill or Geo if the line doesn't improve drastically.

You and I witnessed their last loss yesterday. You've heard it here first!!

#7494 7 years ago

I hope your right!

#7495 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some things they just do not call anymore and that[s the way it is. Holding is always going to be #1, but the flavor of the month now is false starts. I see O-line jumping into a full stance before the ball moves at all. It used to piss me off but whatever, as you're saying it isn't going to change.

#7496 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some things they just do not call anymore and that[s the way it is. Holding is always going to be #1, but the flavor of the month now is false starts. I see O-line jumping into a full stance before the ball moves at all. It used to piss me off but whatever, as you're saying it isn't going to change.

Good call on the false starts. I have noticed that too.

#7497 7 years ago

On the subject of false starts, I was noticing the guard was watching the QB hike his leg for a silent call and slapping the center's leg. I don't remember seeing that before and was curious why they were allowed to do that. I also saw a few receivers in motion not set their feet before snapping the ball but that may have always been the case.

#7498 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

On the subject of false starts, I was noticing the guard was watching the QB hike his leg for a silent call and slapping the center's leg. I don't remember seeing that before and was curious why they were allowed to do that. I also saw a few receivers in motion not set their feet before snapping the ball but that may have always been the case.

Receiver in motion never needs to be reset. Pretty sure that's been in place for a long time. Same with the silent counts.

#7499 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Receiver in motion never needs to be reset. Pretty sure that's been in place for a long time. Same with the silent counts.

OK. I never noticed the guard slapping the center's leg before. It was funny.

My one fantasy team is kind of wrecked with RBs. Lost Adrian Peterson and Charles Sims. Deangelo Williams was rockin it to start but has gone silent since Le'Veon came back. I have Jeremy Hill too but he's been banged up. I had to start Fozzy Whitaker (Car) and Tevin Coleman (Atl) for a grand total of 1 point.

#7500 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

OK. I never noticed the guard slapping the center's leg before. It was funny.
My one fantasy team is kind of wrecked with RBs. Lost Adrian Peterson and Charles Sims. Deangelo Williams was rockin it to start but has gone silent since Le'Veon came back. I have Jeremy Hill too but he's been banged up. I had to start Fozzy Whitaker (Car) and Tevin Coleman (Atl) for a grand total of 1 point.

Haha. That sucks. I started demarius Thomas and Travis Benjamin for a combined zero points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.