pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 1,516.
#7351 7 years ago

Oh man, I'm dying over here. lolololol

Glitch in the Matrix as one guy notes.

#7352 7 years ago

Who's to say a Redskins didn't recover it, it was seen by the refs, and then the Brown "pile stripped" the ball and raised it victoriously?

At any rate, the "blown call" was Hue Jackason giving the ball to not one but TWO completely cold running backs on subsequent series, who BOTH fumbled the ball, instead of sticking with his starter who was having a Hell of a game. It was all very Browns.

That being said, Thanks Browns! I attended the game yesterday knowing full well that it was my best chance to see a Skins home win all season, and I was not disappointed. The best part was the rookie Browns QB - having a good game - who just KEPT going at Josh Norman because he was lighting it up with Pryor. Just kept going to the well cause he's a rookie QB having a good game, and hey, this is easy!

No it isn't. Well you gotta learn somehow, rook! The 15-yard penalty for "he shot the bow and arrow" was a new one though.

#7353 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who's to say a Redskins didn't recover it, it was seen by the refs, and then the Brown "pile stripped" the ball and raised it victoriously?

Um because the refs walk over to the scrum after the browns had it for a full 5-6 seconds acting like they still were verifying who had it. Then while ignoring that the Browns actually had it, called it redskins ball.

Browns inmediately get up with the ball in their possession. How is it possible that the redskins had it at any point?

#7354 7 years ago

The problem may be just the way the TV cameras framed it. I'm sure they had a reverse angle that would show it better.

#7355 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The 15-yard penalty for "he shot the bow and arrow" was a new one though.

I saw it out of context, but I found that to be pretty absurd. It seems the NFL is really cracking down on stuff like that. I'm not a fan of individual celebrations, but it shouldn't be penalized.

#7356 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Um because the refs walk over to the scrum after the browns had it for a full 5-6 seconds acting like they still were verifying who had it. Then while ignoring that the Browns actually had it, called it redskins ball.
Browns inmediately get up with the ball in their possession. How is it possible that the redskins had it at any point?

I don't have cable, but is the espnverse making a big deal about this one?

If the Browns RB fumbled - and I think we all agree he did - then it's certainly "possible" a redskins got possession of it. Badly shot tv footage and an outraged dude on Twitter doesn't say otherwise.

#7357 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If the Browns RB fumbled - and I think we all agree he did - then it's certainly "possible" a redskins got possession of it.

I understand that your view of the play is completely biased, but the player goes to the ground, IMMEDIATELY gets back up and has the ball. This is very clear to see on the blurry video.

#7358 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I understand that your view of the play is completely biased, but the player goes to the ground, IMMEDIATELY gets back up and has the ball. This is very clear to see on the blurry video.

That isn't clear to me.

What did the commenters say during the broadcast? What was the outcome of the mandatory turnover review?

It seems silly to Bring up "bias." I mean, why would I care about this non-controversy that only seems to matter to a guy on Twitter? The redskins won the game.

#7359 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That isn't clear to me.
What did the commenters say during the broadcast? What was the outcome of the mandatory turnover review?
It seems silly to Bring up "bias." I mean, why would I care about this non-controversy that only seems to matter to a guy on Twitter? The redskins won the game.

I didn't watch this play live, but I do know that the refs reviewed and said the play stands (which basically means they probably got it wrong, but cannot tell from video enough to overturn)

As far as non-controversy it seems to have happened in a pretty critical portion of the game. My only reason for this not being a bigger deal is that it happened to the Browns haha. Jk, but I have no idea why this isn't being discussed on every sorting news outlet. Probably because there are too many of these types of bad calls being made each week to go over all of them.

#7360 7 years ago

I watched that video a couple of times and the ball could have fumbled into the scrum in front of Johnson and the Browns' lineman could have knocked it back into Johnson's hands. The ref from that side could have saw it was Redskins ball but then focused on breaking up the pile before signaling who's possession it was.

I don't believe that's what happened but I also never saw the ball leave Johnson's hands.

#7362 7 years ago

That was an interesting article with the timeline showing the ref didn't blow the whistle until Johnson stood up with the ball in his hands. Plus the opposite camera angle clearly showed the ball returning into Johnson's arms. The article also pointed out correctly that the other refs should have pointed out that the ball was Cleveland's.

#7363 7 years ago

Ive actually liked watching the browns this season so far. not as boring as some of those games yesterday like the sunday night game.

we still suck but at least we will beat the patriots next week

glad I got up most of my Halloween decorations during the game

#7364 7 years ago

These two were awesome yesterday!

Raiders (resized).jpgRaiders (resized).jpg

#7365 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

These two were awesome yesterday!

You guys really seem to have your QB situation figured out. Carr is the real deal.

#7366 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

You guys really seem to have your QB situation figured out. Carr is the real deal.

Damn, beat me to it.

Carr is a quality QB.

By the way, my Cowboys are 3-1! Dak has yet to throw an INT.

#7367 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn, beat me to it.
Carr is a quality QB.

KOD. First interception is coming this week!

#7368 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn, beat me to it.
Carr is a quality QB.

Its crazy that the only 2 QB's that have started every game and haven't thrown an INT are rookies.

#7369 7 years ago

I'm rooting for an ODB ejection. That guy's a little bitch.

#7370 7 years ago

He took off his helmet on the field.. pretty sure that should have been his second unsportsmanlike right there.

#7371 7 years ago

Ok... Is it just me or does the MNF's commentators suck? Lifeless commentary IMHO...

#7372 7 years ago

It's not you, it's bad. The MNF intro as the worst it's ever been too, and that's saying something.

#7373 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Ok... Is it just me or does the MNF's commentators suck? Lifeless commentary IMHO...

The game sucks too

#7374 7 years ago

sweet Jesus we're 4 weeks in and Mularkey is already breaking out the "we're close" excuses. Close to what? Getting fired? Landing the 1st pick of the draft? Jumping off a bridge?

#7375 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

sweet Jesus we're 4 weeks in and Mularkey is already breaking out the "we're close" excuses. Close to what? Getting fired? Landing the 1st pick of the draft? Jumping off a bridge?

That's a bunch of malarkey if you ask me.

#7376 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Who are the commentators anymore since Tirico left?

#7377 7 years ago

Not sure of his name, but he might be the same guy that was doing Thursday night Football on the NLF network. Bad then and bad now (if it's the same guy)...

#7378 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Who are the commentators anymore since Tirico left?

Sean McDonough and Gruden.

#7379 7 years ago

The absolute worst NFL commentator right now has to be Phil Simms.

#7380 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dan Fouts is worse

#7381 7 years ago

Chris Berman is THE worst when ESPN lets him get in the booth.

#7382 7 years ago

I hated Aikman as a player because he was a Cowboy but like him as an announcer.

You should see the announcers they have cover the Jags games. They are the bottom of the barrel in their pecking order of announcer teams.

#7383 7 years ago

I watched a Vikings game and the kicker's name was Walsh. The commentator kept saying "Welsh" over and over. Welsh! Aggravated me to no end! His name is right there on the jersey! Read the name! Walsh!!

read-it.pngread-it.png

#7384 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's not particularly good, but there are many announcers far worse than he is.

#7385 7 years ago

All the announcers need to stop saying something is going to happen after it has already happened.

"That's going to bring up fourth down." No, it already did. That brings up fourth down. That makes it fourth and 4. Fourth down that brings, if Yoda is announcing.

Doesn't help that they pronounce it "gonna"!

#7386 7 years ago

The power of the NFL is real. This game tonight is going to be terrible and I can't wait to watch it. Haha.

#7387 7 years ago

One of the annoying things is attempting to parallel something to a different sport and screwing it up. For instance they use the rugby term "scrum" all of the time when guys are piling on. The correct term is "ruck".

#7388 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dan Fouts is worse

Fouts is better by a beard.

Regardless, if you are following a team in a game being called by Fouts, your life is probably in pretty bad shape anyway.

Simms is unavoidable as he gets A games.

#7389 7 years ago

I watch the Bengals game on TV and listen to it on the radio. There is a lag but I like announcers better.

#7390 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I watch the Bengals game on TV and listen to it on the radio. There is a lag but I like announcers better.

I tried that here for my Raiders because we love our local radio announcer, but the lag is very annoying to me...

#7391 7 years ago

Is the lag on the TV? If it was the radio, you could just pause the TV for a second.

I do love my local announcers. Slick Leonard is crazy and senile but I still love him. "Boom, baby!"

#7392 7 years ago

The lag between the radio and TV makes it not an option for me. If there was ok lag I would do the same.

#7393 7 years ago

The lag time differs from game to game for reasons unknown to me but, yeah it can at times be trying.

#7394 7 years ago

Whoever picks the music going into commercial on the Sunday night games is doing a great job. They always either tie the band to the city they are playing in or the player.

I was going to blame this week's fantasy loss on Hurricane Matthew but power came back on this morning and I can set my line up.

#7395 7 years ago

Chuckwurt,

No Eifert AGAIN! I think that after he heals up from this latest hiccup if he doesn't play the rest of the season injury free the Bengals should consider trading him while he has value. Doesn't mean shit how good you are if your not on the field you are of no use to the team. Since we drafted him in 2013 he's played in the neighborhood of 14 games out of 47 or 48. That's pathetic. I really like him and he truly is in the top three TE's in the league but damn you have to play or we are just wasting roster space. I'll shut up I just needed to vent a little.

#7396 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Chuckwurt,
No Eifert AGAIN! I think that after he heals up from this latest hiccup if he doesn't play the rest of the season injury free the Bengals should consider trading him while he has value. Doesn't mean shit how good you are if your not on the field you are of no use to the team. Since we drafted him in 2013 he's played in the neighborhood of 14 games out of 47 or 48. That's pathetic. I really like him and he truly is in the top three TE's in the league but damn you have to play or we are just wasting roster space. I'll shut up I just needed to vent a little.

Couldn't disagree more man. Haha. I definitely wish he was playing, but if he only gives them 5-6 games a year that means they will probably have 3-4 more wins because of it. He is worth his weight in gold.

#7397 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Couldn't disagree more man. Haha. I definitely wish he was playing, but if he only gives them 5-6 games a year that means they will probably have 3-4 more wins because of it. He is worth his weight in gold.

I know he's an asset it just seems he's never available when we need him most.

#7398 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I know he's an asset it just seems he's never available when we need him most.

Rather have some Eifert than no eifert.

#7399 7 years ago

Well gotta say I'm not surprised by the bengals' play so far today. They have looked questionable all year and ran into a buzz saw today.

#7400 7 years ago

Absolutely pathetic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.