spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 1,513.
#7251 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's not even a question; and I hate him & the Pats. Unless you give a ton of credit for inventing new systems and things, what he's done in the cap era is unreal.

They've been good since 2000. Has any other franchise even come close to that amount of success?

#7252 7 years ago

But what if you posted 20 pictures your kid's fantasy lineup?

I got Texans in a rout! 18-4!

#7253 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

But what if you posted 20 pictures your kid's fantasy lineup?
I got Texans in a rout! 18-4!

If I ever do that I'll buy TheLaw some high speed internet so he can drop the AOL dialup and will also start a GoFundMe to upgrade his 13" CRT so my fantasy lineup images aren't so debilitating to his Pinside viewing pleasure

#7254 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They've been good since 2000. Has any other franchise even come close to that amount of success?

Well the Colts were like that before giving up Peyton, Caldwell, and Polian. I have hated the Pats as well but I definitely acknowledge how great they've been. I'm not sure they have as much success without both Brady and Belicheck together. Belicheck can get by for a short time without Brady but I'm not so sure about a prolonged absence. I wonder if Brady will lose his skills all at once like Manning. Though I think injuries contributed to Manning's downward slide.

#7255 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well the Colts were like that before giving up Peyton, Caldwell, and Polian. I have hated the Pats as well but I definitely acknowledge how great they've been. I'm not sure they have as much success without both Brady and Belicheck together. Belicheck can get by for a short time without Brady but I'm not so sure about a prolonged absence. I wonder if Brady will lose his skills all at once like Manning. Though I think injuries contributed to Manning's downward slide.

But see that's the thing. Brady was lost for a full season. Pats made the playoffs. They lost him for multiple games before. No big deal. They will probably be 4-0 when Brady comes back. Will anyone be surprised by that? I won't be.

When Peyton got hurt in Indy, they instantly became the worst team in he NFL. Thats how the patriots should be without Brady, but Belichick always finds a way, and it's crazy.

#7256 7 years ago

So is Gronk playing tonight? What do you guys think?

#7257 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So is Gronk playing tonight? What do you guys think?

If he plays he will be a decoy. Don't start him.

#7258 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If he plays he will be a decoy. Don't start him.

My opponent has him. I've got Ebron as my starting TE but am tempted to start Bennett after his awesome performance last week. Ebron has the better matchup though.

#7259 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wanna make another bet? James Harrison in the two games against the bengals this year will have no sacks, no INTs, and less than 10 tackles per game.
40 quarters.

Btw Law, Harrison didn't come close to winning you ten bucks last weekend. One game to go.

#7260 7 years ago

Gronk will prob be used in a lot of protection schemes. Looking forward to this game. Interested to see how the Pats perform in this situation.

The year Cassel filled in the Pats went 11-5 but missed the playoffs, go figure

#7261 7 years ago

Well he's trying to toss it to Bennett....

#7262 7 years ago

Wow, Pats laid a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin. Great team win.

#7263 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've got Ebron as my starting TE

Haha and you're trying to talk shit to me?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

the Steelers obviously...and the Pats have put them down in a couple of championships games. The thing that makes him so good is he's just a total dick. Run up the score, dirty players/plays, all players questionable, using weird rules just to use them; I mean its the greatest thing ever. The thing I really wonder is how good is Brady without Bellicheck.
Oh And the Colts before Mannning left...man i tell you I don;t know what Andrew luck is. Sometimes he;s everything they say he is, other times he just looks completely horrible like manziel level. The O-line can't be THAT bad?

#7264 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh And the Colts before Mannning left...man i tell you I don;t know what Andrew luck is. Sometimes he;s everything they say he is, other times he just looks completely horrible like manziel level. The O-line can't be THAT bad?

I think all the punishment Luck has taken since taking over for Peyton is catching up to him. He's been beat to hell and back (like Peyton) and that will erode your confidence and your skills.

#7265 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But see that's the thing. Brady was lost for a full season. Pats made the playoffs. They lost him for multiple games before. No big deal. They will probably be 4-0 when Brady comes back. Will anyone be surprised by that? I won't be.
When Peyton got hurt in Indy, they instantly became the worst team in he NFL. Thats how the patriots should be without Brady, but Belichick always finds a way, and it's crazy.

Although they finished 11-5 with Cassell, they didn't make the playoffs in 2008.

#7266 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Although they finished 11-5 with Cassell, they didn't make the playoffs in 2008.

Dang stand corrected. That might be weirder than the year the Seahawks made the playoffs with a 7-9 record.

#7267 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

the Steelers obviously...and the Pats have put them down in a couple of championships games.

I'll look up some more stats today as a fun Friday project. The Steelers have been great too in the Big Ben era, but they are in a tier below the pats for sure.

#7268 7 years ago

I wholeheartly agree that Bellichick is the best coach ever. Just don't tell the Cleveland fans that. I would have bet on the Texans winning last night and they got spanked. Bellichick devised a brilliant game plan for a third string qb on a short week. Of course, like an idiot I dropped the Pats defense and picked up the Giants for this week so you know the Redskins will go wild.

#7269 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I wholeheartly agree that Bellichick is the best coach ever. Just don't tell the Cleveland fans that. I would have bet on the Texans winning last night and they got spanked. Bellichick devised a brilliant game plan for a third string qb on a short week. Of course, like an idiot I dropped the Pats defense and picked up the Giants for this week so you know the Redskins will go wild.

And I'm glad someone picked up the Texans D before I could.

#7270 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I would have bet on the Texans winning last night and they got spanked.

That's why no one gets rich betting on the NFL; so hard. Been in knock out pools for years and know a lot aboot the NFL, lose every year to people that know nothing

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll look up some more stats today as a fun Friday project. The Steelers have been great too in the Big Ben era, but they are in a tier below the pats for sure.

Yeah Steelers certain(t)ly have those fall off seasons, and garbage after SB seasons.

http://www.therichest.com/sports/football-sports/the-10-best-nfl-teams-this-millenium/

#7271 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha and you're trying to talk shit to me?

Well he probably will be a better choice than Bennett who I switched to at the last moment. I'll at least take a little comfort in knowing they tried to toss Bennett a touchdown. Sounds like it is time to post some more screen grabs.....

#7272 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well he probably will be a better choice than Bennett who I switched to at the last moment. I'll at least take a little comfort in knowing they tried to toss Bennett a touchdown.

Take it from someone in Michigan, Ebron is never a better choice unless you leave an empty slot...and then it's a coin flip.

#7273 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's why no one gets rich betting on the NFL; so hard. Been in knock out pools for years and know a lot aboot the NFL, lose every year to people that know nothing

Yeah Steelers certain(t)ly have those fall off seasons, and garbage after SB seasons.
http://www.therichest.com/sports/football-sports/the-10-best-nfl-teams-this-millenium/

Cool. They did some of the work for me. Pats have only one season since 2000 where they didn't have at least double digit wins, and missed the playoffs twice, one of them they missed and had 11 wins haha. That one had to be like 5 tiebreakers.

Steelers missed the playoffs 5 times and didn't have winning records for 4 of them.

#7274 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Co
Steelers missed the playoffs 5 times and didn't have winning records for 4 of them.

yup & as you know steelers in much much harder division

#7275 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

yup & as you know steelers in much much harder division

The AFC north did have multiple teams make it into the playoffs more than the AFC east, but I honestly don't think the division matters when talking about he patriots. I mean, if they consistently lost to teams outside of their divisions, sure. But I think their playoff/SB success puts them in a league above the Steelers and Colts.

#7276 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Brady is gonna fall off a cliff quickly, just like they all do. He's almost 40. The end is near.

I think Brady has said he expect to play till he's 45 but he's in complete denial.

#7277 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Brady is gonna fall off a cliff quickly, just like they all do. He's almost 40. The end is near.
I think Brady has said he expect to play till he's 45 but he's in complete denial.

Come on now. Manning eats Papa John's and drinks Budweiser. Brady has never tasted a strawberry and I'm fairly certain doesn't drink coke or alcohol.

#7278 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Come on now. Manning eats Papa John's and drinks Budweiser. Brady has never tasted a strawberry and I'm fairly certain doesn't drink coke or alcohol.

I'm sure Brady is a hoot at parties too.

#7279 7 years ago

Who else is super excited about a potential Edelman-as-Qb next week?

#7280 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Who else is super excited about a potential Edelman-as-Qb next week?

Well he wouldn't be a WR if he started at QB, so no sneaky 2 Qbs starting that week. I'm def excited to see if bellicheck does it...seems too wacky even for him but I'm sure it wouldn't shock any of us.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The AFC north did have multiple teams make it into the playoffs more than the AFC east, but I honestly don't think the division matters when talking about he patriots.

They basically have a division with 3 Cleveland Browns for fuck sakes! Other than the couple years Rex Ryan made the Jets good; still blows my mind.

#7281 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well he wouldn't be a WR if he started at QB, so no sneaky 2 Qbs starting that week. I'm def excited to see if bellicheck does it...seems too wacky even for him but I'm sure it wouldn't shock any of us.

He would be listed as a WR, meaning you could put him in a WR spot. So yeah, you could start two QBs.

#7282 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He would be listed as a WR, meaning you could put him in a WR spot. So yeah, you could start two QBs.

I'm not sure aboot that. He's listed as a WR now, but if he started as a QB he might be designate that way?
Edit: I guess it would just come down to how your individual league lists him. In the game he would be a qb, but fantasy wise its up to them. Ha, new WB position

#7283 7 years ago

WR crisis on my team! Who should I start, Jarvis Landry, Mike Wallace, or Brandon Marshall? Marshall is questionable but usually plays through most pain.

#7284 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not sure aboot that. He's listed as a WR now, but if he started as a QB he might be designate that way?
Edit: I guess it would just come down to how your individual league lists him. In the game he would be a qb, but fantasy wise its up to them. Ha, new WB position

Yahoo, CBS sports, NFL.com would need to change his designation (and they can't once a season starts). I've never seen a commissioner setting that can do that. He would carry a WR designation even if he started at QB. Perhaps next year you will see him with a WR/QB designation

#7285 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

WR crisis on my team! Who should I start, Jarvis Landry, Mike Wallace, or Brandon Marshall? Marshall is questionable but usually plays through most pain.

Flip a coin for Landry or Marshall. Landry against the browns is a great matchup.

#7286 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think all the punishment Luck has taken since taking over for Peyton is catching up to him. He's been beat to hell and back (like Peyton) and that will erode your confidence and your skills.

I don't think Luck is as good as Manning at recognizing blitzes and avoiding sacks but Manning was one of the best ever at that. The O-line though has been going downhill for the Colts since Tarik Glenn retired after the '06 season. They just keep cobbling something together and it worked for the most part with Manning but there would be a stretch of games in a season where Manning would get pressured constantly.

Luck is dealing with the same sort of line. GM Grigson didn't do any trading or drafting for the offensive line this offseason so it's no wonder they are in the same shape as last season. It's going to cost Grigson and possibly Pagano their jobs. If they could get a line together that could do a decent job, I think Luck is an above average QB.

#7287 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I'm starting Wallace...so you probably want to stay away from him

Quoted from tilt-master:

Yahoo, CBS sports, NFL.com would need to change his designation (and they can't once a season starts). I've never seen a commissioner setting that can do that.

I seriously doubt they couldn't do it during the year, it's just never happened before. But yeah I couldn't change a players position on CBS, not that I would.

#7288 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I seriously doubt they couldn't do it during the year, it's just never happened before. But yeah I couldn't change a players position on CBS, not that I would.

I couldn't on CBS or yahoo commissioner settings.
Changing would create problems with leagues limiting positions (3 QBs per roster for example). That would force some teams to have an illegal roster due to a mid season position reclassification. I just can't see it happening.

#7289 7 years ago

Not sure if the bengals home opener could've gone any worse. Time for them to really see what they are capable of and shake this off on a short week.

#7290 7 years ago

Fair enough def wrong on this one

"POSITION ELIGIBILITY
The NFL sends us an updated list of every player's position eligibility, including rookies, prior to the start of each season. "

Didn't think it would be that big of a deal but it is. Good point I didn't even think of the roster restrictions for players as my league doesn't have one.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure if the bengals home opener could've gone any worse. Time for them to really see what they are capable of and shake this off on a short week.

Hill did awesome for me & they lost, great opener

Don't have any stats but it seems like a lot of Safeties happening this year?

#7291 7 years ago

Gotta admire the packers for being well versed in stupid NFL rules. Sad that is what it takes, but admire that they did the time to know the rules. Guessing that one will be changed next year.

#7292 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gotta admire the packers for being well versed in stupid NFL rules. Sad that is what it takes, but admire that they did the time to know the rules. Guessing that one will be changed next year.

2 things I never give professionals credit for;
1. Knowing the rules of the job they get paid millions for
2. Beating the Lions

#7293 7 years ago

1. I wonder if we get a report from Keenan Robinson about how awesome the Giants' locker room is this week.
2. Don't have to hear this nonsense about "haven't beaten a team with a winning record" for another year.
3. NFC East still sucks and is still anybody's division.

#7294 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So every QB in history who has dropped off at 40 - which is pretty much all of them - was a drunk and a poor eater?

Unless you turn to drugs, Barry Bonds style, you can't beat father time. Maybe it's this year, maybe it's next year, but Brady is gonna be done very very soon.

#7295 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

1. I wonder if we get a report from Keenan Robinson about how awesome the Giants' locker room is this week.
2. Don't have to hear this nonsense about "haven't beaten a team with a winning record" for another year.
3. NFC East still sucks and is still anybody's division.

https://twitter.com/kmarkobarstool/status/780131965198561280

#7296 7 years ago

haha don;t screw with a kicking net tough guy!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So every QB in history who has dropped off at 40 - which is pretty much all of them - was a drunk and a poor eater?

Crazy I just looked up Montana, whom was 38-39 when he retired. Remember how old he looked? And he had 2 years off basically.

#7297 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha don;t screw with a kicking net tough guy!

Crazy I just looked up Montana, whom was 38-39 when he retired. Remember how old he looked? And he had 2 years off basically.

More recently, anybody remember Favre's last year, months after he tore it up and was one stupid Favre move away from getting the Vikes to the Super Bowl?

I do remember Steve DeBerg starting a game at 43 or 44. It wasn't pretty.

#7298 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

months after he tore it up and was one stupid Favre move away from getting the Vikes to the Super Bowl?

GUNSLINGER!

Having just turned 40 last year I can tell you even the most well toned pristine body like mine started going down then.

EDIT: But to your point, No I actually didn't remember that year. I thought he retired after the bonehead INT...yeah that last year stats are bad. Dare I say un-gunslinger like.

#7299 7 years ago

Ahh. Steelers getting destroyed. That always feels good.

#7300 7 years ago

Woo hoo! This is the hawks team that's going to the Superbowl this year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.