PXL_20240317_195359170.MP.jpg
037E9C80-9AB1-4AA7-BCC8-FD4015EBA4EF (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1c6b92ca89c98fbc3e43e1d285c4cb24.gif
Screenshot_20240316-204400_Brave (resized).jpg
pasted_image.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 1,503.
#7201 7 years ago

AFC North Prediction

AFC North (resized).pngAFC North (resized).png

#7202 7 years ago

My knucklehead opponent this week doesn't even have a kicker (he has R. Gould who was released before the season started), but he's still projected to barely beat me now thanks to Forte's performance Thursday night. I'm worried about Demaryius Thomas and my best alternative is Tajae Sharp. What to do? I don't believe Thomas is going to be remotely close to 100% and Sharpe has a better matchup with Detroit.

#7203 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

My knucklehead opponent this week doesn't even have a kicker (he has R. Gould who was released before the season started), but he's still projected to barely beat me now thanks to Forte's performance Thursday night. I'm worried about Demaryius Thomas and my best alternative is Tajae Sharp. What to do? I don't believe Thomas is going to be remotely close to 100% and Sharpe has a better matchup with Detroit.

I agree with your assessment. I also started Sharpe.

#7204 7 years ago

Sharpe should be solid, especially in PPR. I don't see him being much of a TD guy this year but he should be reliable yardage and catches.

Titans play calling last week was absurd. Never saw so many trick plays. More smashmouth, hold the exotic please.

#7205 7 years ago

Well read the latest reports and left Thomas in. So far looking like I shouldn't have benched Coleman or Bennett. Oh well, a learning experience I guess.

#7206 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

AFC North Prediction

Hows that working out for ya?

#7207 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Had our asses handed to us I agree. We were outplayed in every phase of the game. I do take exception to the last fumble call. We have serious problems with our O-line that must be addressed now. I have not been happy with our play to date.

#7208 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Enjoy it while it lasts cause it won't last long!

#7209 7 years ago

Maybe next week I'll utilize the "monkey throwing darts" technique....

damn (resized).PNGdamn (resized).PNG

#7210 7 years ago

On 3rd and long no one's better than Bradford at getting 70% of the needed distance!

#7211 7 years ago

Adrian Peterson sucks!

#7212 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Enjoy it while it lasts cause it won't last long!

Riiiight.

#7213 7 years ago

I have to read up on the NFL rules. I didn't know you could run a blocked extra point back for 2 points. Leave it to Cleveland to have it done to them. The Browns also shot themselves in the foot with unsportsmanlike conduct fouls, and Josh Gordon isn't even back yet.

#7214 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no doubt the Skins can remain competitive in the terrible NFC East, and that Pitt is one of the best teams in the league. Doesn't mean it isn't disappointing to them - again - flop terribly against a good team.

Hope you had league again yesterday -- not a great day to be a Washington fan. Looking forward to their matchup with the Giants next week.

#7215 7 years ago

I need 18 points out of Alshon Jeffery tonight to win. Just 2 touchdowns and 100+ receiving yards. It's possible right? Ha!

#7216 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I need 18 points out of Alshon Jeffery tonight to win. Just 2 touchdowns and 100+ receiving yards. It's possible right? Ha!

You never know.

I need four points out of Ryan Matthews tonight to win. Hopefully he doesn't screw me.

#7217 7 years ago

I need 135 out of Cutler and Miller. I think there is a better chance of me growing a third arm.

#7218 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I need 135 out of Cutler and Miller. I think there is a better chance of me growing a third arm.

Yowzer. You must have some custom scoring in that league.

#7219 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yowzer. You must have some custom scoring in that league.

Flank is the commissioner so that's all you really need to know.

Brees and Luck scored over 100 points each last week.

#7220 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You never know.
I need four points out of Ryan Matthews tonight to win. Hopefully he doesn't screw me.

Yeah it could happen. Will be fun to watch if he does.

#7221 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Flank is the commissioner so that's all you really need to know.
Brees and Luck scored over 100 points each last week.

every week the packers lose the commish cuts all others points in half

#7222 7 years ago

Just robbed of my first touchdown. Looking good though...

#7223 7 years ago

Wow, the Bears really are terrible.

#7224 7 years ago

The Bills scored 31 points on Thursday and they fire their offensive coordinator instead of the Ryan twins.

#7225 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

they have some good points... unfortunately the bad points seem to outweigh the good

#7226 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Bills scored 31 points on Thursday and they fire their offensive coordinator instead of the Ryan twins.

Suspect if they hadn't fired him he'd be the interim head coach soon! Rex so sneaky

#7227 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yeah, the Bears seemed to have it together for 1 or 2 early drives and then pretty painful to watch.

#7228 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah, the Bears seemed to have it together for 1 or 2 early drives and then pretty painful to watch.

Pretty much until Cutler got hurt.

#7229 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only choice I have is to be optimistic. He has steadily improved in the head case department. Last years QB coach is now the O coach so that is good. Bears made some decent moves in off season and hopefully Kevin White comes back strong.
I am looking forward to fall football season!

Quoted from Whysnow:

Bears will get 10 wins and make the playoffs.

#7230 7 years ago

Hey now, it's still mathematically possible. Haha

#7231 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

True...12%

#7232 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

right now I am more focused on the 5 games still needed for the cubs to wrap up the season with home field. It is pretty rare I get to think about October baseball

it also helps ease the pains of 0-2 Bears start (Packers losing to viking of all teams also helps)

#7233 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

right now I am more focused on the 5 games still needed for the cubs to wrap up the season with home field. It is pretty rare I get to think about October baseball
it also helps ease the pains of 0-2 Bears start (Packers losing to viking of all teams also helps)

True dat. The real test starts in OCT though. Can you imagine if the Cubs blow it again? It would make us Bengals fans look like we got it easy.

#7234 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

True dat. The real test starts in OCT though. Can you imagine if the Cubs blow it again? It would make us Bengals fans look like we got it easy.

WTF this is the fucking football man's thread guys...take that lazy shit sport to it's own thread!

#7235 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF this is the fucking football man's thread guys...take that lazy shit sport to it's own thread!

last 10 pages have been more about "fantasy" lol

#7236 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

last 10 pages have been more about "fantasy" lol

Yeah that has been killing this thread too, but at least its football.

#7237 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm secretly hoping the Cards make the playoffs and beat the Cubs. That would be the ultimate salt in the wound.

#7238 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm secretly hoping the Cards make the playoffs and beat the Cubs. That would be the ultimate salt in the wound.

My money's on this guy clinching the Cards win in game 7

bartman-hiding-in-front-row (resized).pngbartman-hiding-in-front-row (resized).png

#7239 7 years ago

I have no idea how "fantasy" talk is killing this thread unless some just really like to bitch. Even then, it's satisfying the need to bitch, so WTF? Aren't you happy having something to bitch about? Participating in a fantasy league has made the regular season a lot more interesting to me. Keep the beer flowing and the TV on the red zone channel and I'm good Sunday.

Back to FF, anybody else's entire roster questionable and hindered by 3rd string quarterbacks?

#7240 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I have no idea how "fantasy" talk is killing this thread unless some just really like to bitch. Even then, it's satisfying the need to bitch, so WTF? Aren't you happy having something to bitch about? Participating in a fantasy league has made the regular season a lot more interesting to me. Keep the beer flowing and the TV on the red zone channel and I'm good Sunday.
Back to FF, anybody else's entire roster questionable and hindered by 3rd string quarterbacks?

Go back and look at the two peoples' forum activity that were in here bitching the most about it and that should be all you need to know. Haha. I kid I kid Levi and Hilton.

#7241 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Knock on wood I've been unscathed so far. Had Keenan Allen in one league but I went WR heavy in that one, so wasn't that big a deal.

#7242 7 years ago

Week 3 and I'm pretty sure I should be fitting Cruz somewhere in with my starters.....

week3 (resized).PNGweek3 (resized).PNG

#7243 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Week 3 and I'm pretty sure I should be fitting Cruz somewhere in with my starters.....

Yuck. That roster is sloppy. Haha. Banged up is an understatement

#7244 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yuck. That roster is sloppy. Haha. Banged up is an understatement

Yeah and Corey Coleman has a broken hand so he is beyond doubtful. I went ahead and dropped him. Welcome to the roster Quincy Enunwa. Whatever.....

#7245 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah and Corey Coleman has a broken hand so he is beyond doubtful. I went ahead and dropped him. Welcome to the roster Quincy Enunwa. Whatever.....

Yeah man. It can be tough sledding sometimes. I've had those years for sure. but like you said, best part of fantasy is it makes you engaged for every game. Pretty soon you'll know the dept chart of pretty much every team. Haha

#7246 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah man. It can be tough sledding sometimes. I've had those years for sure. but like you said, best part of fantasy is it makes you engaged for every game. Pretty soon you'll know the dept chart of pretty much every team. Haha

That's for sure. I'm not sweating it. Last week taught me I can read every latest report and choose my starters from them, but still shoulda went with my QB, defense, K, and a couple guys from the bench.

#7247 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I have no idea how "fantasy" talk is killing this thread unless some just really like to bitch. Even then, it's satisfying the need to bitch, so WTF? Aren't you happy having something to bitch about? Participating in a fantasy league has made the regular season a lot more interesting to me.

Fantasy is up and down. I remember a championship I won when Warren Moon to Joey Galloway was monies in the bank.
I remember when Eric Rhett held out and blew my 1st round pick (I'll wait whilst you look that one up).
There's a simple truth to Fantasy Football; it's great playing it, but I don't give a shit aboot your team tough tits.
But actually you're right, I don't mind your team or talking fantasy , just when I have to scroll down through everyone's obnoxious fucking pictures of their line-ups taking half a page gets a little annoying. Oh wait...everyone doesn't do it, just you.

#7248 7 years ago

Is Bill Belichick the best coach ever? I just cannot think of anyone that comes close to him. I mean, I still can't pick against him tonight while against a great defense, solid offense, using a 3rd string QB, no Gronk, etc.

Crazy.

#7249 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is Bill Belichick the best coach ever?

There's not even a question; and I hate him & the Pats. Unless you give a ton of credit for inventing new systems and things, what he's done in the cap era is unreal.

#7250 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But actually you're right, I don't mind your team or talking fantasy , just when I have to scroll down through everyone's obnoxious fucking pictures of their line-ups taking half a page gets a little annoying. Oh wait...everyone doesn't do it, just you.

Oh go back a few pages now. I assure you I'm not the only one posting their lineup. I figure you just gotta be some kinda miserable to complain about something so petty vs. just getting along. Seriously, you are complaining about scrolling an image of my lineup? Now if I was the guy who posted 20 consecutive full res pics of his kid, I might understand.

There's always a few in every crowd aren't there?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 75,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 1,503.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.