spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 1,513.
#7101 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yeah that's what I meant. If he tucks the ball and takes the sack, there might not be helmet to helmet contact or intentional grounding.
Newton makes some questionable decisions. He takes off running like a running back and initiates contact with his helmet when defenders come near. It's admirable but stupid when so much of the team's success rests on his shoulders. I saw him do this in the fourth while running toward the sideline. He's big enough to stiff arm a defender or he could slide but chooses not to.

I only was able to watch the 4th quarter. The Panthers line looked HORRIBLE but then again we know Denver has a great D-line. Watching Cam under those circumstances was a lot like watching RG3 the past few years.

#7102 7 years ago

Excuse me sir but what is a flankerback?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7103 7 years ago

Hah that's awesome! I'm not up on my EMs. Which game is it?

#7104 7 years ago

A Flanker back is a receiver lined up behind the line of scrimmage instead of on it. This gives him a buffer between him and the defender. He can be wide just like a normal receiver's position. It's probably just used on this game as another term for wide receiver.

Is that Gottlieb's Touchdown?

#7105 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that Gottlieb's Touchdown?

Gridiron or Pro Football.

#7106 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I only was able to watch the 4th quarter. The Panthers line looked HORRIBLE but then again we know Denver has a great D-line. Watching Cam under those circumstances was a lot like watching RG3 the past few years.

The first half I was like "Yeah!". The second half not so much. Still can't believe the kicker missed the second FG. Denver QB did a lot better than I thought he would.

#7107 7 years ago

I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL! GO PACK GO!!!!

79eb8e98 (resized).jpg79eb8e98 (resized).jpg

#7109 7 years ago

Go Seahawks!!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7110 7 years ago

ESPN Fantasy isn't working for me right now. Anybody else had this issue?

#7111 7 years ago

I didn't realize Gronk was out. I'm kicking myself for not putting Martellus Bennett in.

#7112 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

ESPN Fantasy isn't working for me right now. Anybody else had this issue?

Yes. It's down. Sucks.

#7113 7 years ago

Wow, I can't say the Bengals "D" played all that well but, we came away with a very tough win! Dalton did very well while under considerable pressure the entire game.

#7114 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow, I can't say the Bengals "D" played all that well but, we came away with a very tough win! Dalton did very well while under considerable pressure the entire game.

The bengals O line needs serious improvement or else it's gonna be a long season. Bodine was absolutely horrible. Great teams win ugly, so I'll take it jets are a damn good team.

Defense needs to get better pressure or the better QBs are gonna kill them.

#7115 7 years ago

Also. AJ green made Revis look like a high school DB.

#7116 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The bengals O line needs serious improvement or else it's gonna be a long season. Bodine was absolutely horrible. Great teams win ugly, so I'll take it jets are a damn good team.
Defense needs to get better pressure or the better QBs are gonna kill them

Not sure what happened to an O-line that is normally very dependable. Hoping it was just the hype in combination with it being the first game of the season.

#7117 7 years ago

SWare was huge for me. I'm roughly 25 points ahead still got 2 NE guys and RJennings to play.

#7118 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also. AJ green made Revis look like a high school DB.

Yeah Green killed me in both the leagues I'm playing in.

#7119 7 years ago

I'm not a Raiders fan but that was a gutsy call by Del Rio going for 2.

Brees threw for 430 yards and only 6 of them were to Fleener. Thanks a lot.

#7120 7 years ago

Revis is getting old. The Jets Suck, so don't get too excited Bengals fans.

The Cowboys lose in beautifully Cowboys fashion. Someone please injure Cruz as I forgot how obnoxious his stupid Salsa dance is.

Nice choke, Colts!

I'm already sick of hearing about everybody's fantasy team. Nobody gives a fuck, not even your wife. ESPECIALLY your wife.

At some point...ever...will teams stop losing to the Patriots just because they are playing the Patriots? When Bill retires?

picks for tonight? I'll pick the Redskins. I always pick the Redskins.

#7121 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

picks for tonight? I'll pick the Redskins. I always pick the Redskins.

Condolences.

#7122 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

picks for tonight? I'll pick the Redskins. I always pick the Redskins

Haha. This was the dumbest thing in a post full of dumb things. Steelers are going to cruise tonight.

#7123 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I'm not a Raiders fan but that was a gutsy call by Del Rio going for 2

Huge balls to do that because if it don't work, game over!

Go Raiders!!!

#7124 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice choke, Colts!

I'm not sure the Colts choked considering they were behind the whole game. They did make some weird calls at the end.

I didn't watch the game but was checking the score at the end and saw they were within 5 yards of a TD. I thought the Lions were going to call a timeout with around a minute left to play and then was surprised to see the Colts call their last timeout. Oddly that has become the story today.

#7125 7 years ago

I already thought this (I know that doesn't make me a genius) before today, but RG3 is done. He had a wonderful rookie year but it was all smoke and mirrors. Even if he could stay healthy (he can't) it was over anyway.

I do find it hilarious that Philly fans all think they've found the new...uh Randall Cuningham? Jawarski? (I can't really think of any good Philly QBs). Let's give this Wentz fellow a couple games where he doesn't play the Browns before we start blowing him.

#7126 7 years ago

Pretty sad injury for RG3. He seems like a good guy.

#7127 7 years ago

Let's open up the discussion on want constitutes a catch for everyone that just saw that play. Since it was ruled that he didn't make a football move, what if a receiver catches the ball and doesn't move. Just stands there for a few seconds. Then someone comes along and strips the ball. Is that a fumble?

I think every ref on earth would call that a fumble. That's why the football move thing always confused me.

#7128 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Let's open up the discussion on want constitutes a catch for everyone that just saw that play. Since it was ruled that he didn't make a football move, what if a receiver catches the ball and doesn't move. Just stands there for a few seconds. Then someone comes along and strips the ball. Is that a fumble?
I think every ref on earth would call that a fumble. That's why the football move thing always confused me.

Yeah that was a fumble and some bullshit. But hey that's football. Either way I don't see Pittsburgh "cruising" tonight.

#7129 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah that was a fumble and some bullshit. But hey that's football. Either way I don't see Pittsburgh "cruising" tonight.

Then I suggest you start watching the game. It's only gonna get worse for your redskins. You don't capitalize on the opportunities that the steelers rarely give you, your team is effed. Believe me, my bengals have been great for the past 5 years and still struggle to beat this team. Steelers are the hardest win in the NFL outside of the patriots.

#7130 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then I suggest you start watching the game. It's only gonna get worse for your redskins. You don't capitalize on the opportunities that the steelers rarely give you, your team is effed. Believe me, my bengals have been great for the past 5 years and still struggle to beat this team. Steelers are the hardest win in the NFL outside of the patriots.

Yeah Steelers never cruise. They just win.

#7131 7 years ago

Packers running the table is a lead pipe lock. Is it too late to make that wager?

#7132 7 years ago

This was the tweet on ESPN. At first I'm thinking but when a player is falling out of bounds they don't have to take a couple of steps. I like the older way they reffed catches but in this day with HD they have to have strict, minute rules what a catch is.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#7133 7 years ago

Uh never mind

Fortunately I have any Nyc pinball league match starting in 5 minutes! Let me know what happens...

#7134 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Uh never mind
Fortunately I have any Nyc pinball league match starting in 5 minutes! Let me know what happens...

I have a feeling you'll do much better in league. Good luck.

#7135 7 years ago

If josh Norman is the DB he says he is, he should be on AB all game. I think he's the most overrated player in the NFL.

#7138 7 years ago

Breeland's on an island!

#7139 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Uh never mind

There's always next week. Plus it's the NFC East, hard to imagine you'll need more than 10 wins to take it.

#7140 7 years ago

I'm holding on for dear life in my CBS fantasy league. 84-79 and the other guy just has Todd Gurley left. He has 2 points in the first half. Go Niners.

#7141 7 years ago

Williams is the oldest running back in the league and he demolished the Skins.

#7142 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Williams is the oldest running back in the league and he demolished the Skins.

I think I could demolish that run defense. Woof

#7143 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think I could demolish that run defense. Woof

Definitely. It doesn't hurt that Pittsburgh's offensive line is really good.

#7144 7 years ago

I agree that pitts O-line is pretty good but it looked to me that teams can run on their D-line.

#7145 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I agree that pitts O-line is pretty good but it looked to me that teams can run on their D-line.

31st against the run last year and they looked even worse last night.

#7146 7 years ago

Nice to see the Pats win after the way the league tried to shaft Brady. In the end he will come back refreshed and have the benefit of a 12 game season to keep his old body fresh. I would not be surprised to see them 4-0 or 3-1 when he returns. The Cards were by far the toughest of the first four games. Texans are OK, but the Bills and Dolphins both suck.

It was really great to see my Bucs playing well, even though it got a little scary at the end. The more I see Winston the more I like him - on and off the field. There is something about a QB that has a nose for victory the way he does. He seems to only care about the W and not his stats. To me there appears to be an intangible drive to win that could make him a great leader and hopefully a Champion someday.

#7147 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Nice to see the Pats win after the way the league tried to shaft Brady. In the end he will come back refreshed and have the benefit of a 12 game season to keep his old body fresh. I would not be surprised to see them 4-0 or 3-1 when he returns. The Cards were by far the toughest of the first four games. Texans are OK, but the Bills and Dolphins both suck.
It was really great to see my Bucs playing well, even though it got a little scary at the end. The more I see Winston the more I like him - on and off the field. There is something about a QB that has a nose for victory the way he does. He seems to only care about the W and not his stats. To me there appears to be an intangible drive to win that could make him a great leader and hopefully a Champion someday.

Mike Evans is a beast. Love watching him play.

#7148 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The more I see Winston the more I like him - on and off the field.

Ehh I've heard too many college stories. I'm sure I couldn't stand him off the field. He was my second choice for QB though. Maybe should have been my first.

#7149 7 years ago

So I think I've got 3rd waiver wire pick this week. I've got 3 add/drops I think I'd like to do. I should get at least one of these. What would you guys do?

Add Drop

WFuller DFunchess

Eric Ebron Martellus Bennett

Jalen Richard Marshawn Lynch

Here's my team. It's a 12 team league.

ffteam (resized).PNGffteam (resized).PNG

#7150 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So I think I've got 3rd waiver wire pick this week. I've got 3 add/drops I think I'd like to do. I should get at least one of these.
Add Drop
WFuller DFunchess
Eric Ebron Martellus Bennett
Jalen Richard Marshawn Lynch
Here's my team....

I would move jalen Richard up one. Eric Enbron isn't really an upgrade on Bennett in my opinion. Roll with Bennett.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.