PXL_20240317_195359170.MP.jpg
037E9C80-9AB1-4AA7-BCC8-FD4015EBA4EF (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1c6b92ca89c98fbc3e43e1d285c4cb24.gif
Screenshot_20240316-204400_Brave (resized).jpg
pasted_image.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 1,503.
#7051 7 years ago

image (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png

Went RB heavy here and praying Gordon is a beast when he returns.

#7052 7 years ago

Went WR heavy here.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#7053 7 years ago

It has been at least 5 years since I played fantasy. Last time I played I was one win away from winning my league but there was more emphasis on getting a good QB then. I may have made a mistake getting both Cam and Brady.

#7054 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like your Baba Au Rhum team. I was a little hesitant to pick up Broncos' Thomas. He seemed to disappear last year but he is a big target for a rookie QB.

#7055 7 years ago

Your first league looks pretty darn good. I've been avoiding Gore for the last 3 years because I thought he was done. I've been wrong for 3 years.

Wheaton is one of those guys I target in every league. I think he's going to get a lot of looks on the outside opposite the double coverage on Brown.

#7056 7 years ago

30 hours!

#7057 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It has been at least 5 years since I played fantasy. Last time I played I was one win away from winning my league but there was more emphasis on getting a good QB then. I may have made a mistake getting both Cam and Brady.

I agree on Thomas but I looked up his stats at the end of the year and they were pretty solid even with their offense being so piss poor. Those elite WRs always find a way to get the stats.

#7058 7 years ago

Here is my Yahoo team. Did well overall, projected to win the league. Which means that I will get last...

Screenshot_2016-09-07-20-03-41 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-09-07-20-03-41 (resized).png

Screenshot_2016-09-07-20-03-47 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-09-07-20-03-47 (resized).png

Screenshot_2016-09-07-20-03-52 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-09-07-20-03-52 (resized).png

#7059 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like your Baba team. I don't see any glaring weaknesses.

#7060 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I like your Baba team. I don't see any glaring weaknesses.

I'm agreeing more that I look at it. Just worried about WRs, and a repeat of overall weak RB play from last year.

#7061 7 years ago

It's interesting that the Panthers are the favorite tonight. We'll have to see if Cam learned from his Super Bowl meltdown.

#7062 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

It's interesting that the Panthers are the favorite tonight. We'll have to see if Cam learned from his Super Bowl meltdown.

Probably because Denver's defense has lost a couple of key players and the offense hasn't improved on paper. I'd probably take the Panthers as well.

#7063 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Don't forget that the Panthers were also the favorite in the Superbowl by a decent margin. They were the better team on paper last year, and are again tonight. As a Broncos fan I'd love to see a repeat victory, but can accept that it will be an uphill battle against a strong and motivated Carolina.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Probably because Denver's defense has lost a couple of key players and the offense hasn't improved on paper.

I think the Panthers are a good bet to win tonight because they're the more well-rounded team and because Denver is looking likely to have a very weak O again this year. But I wouldn't bet that the D has substantially eroded. How much of a difference will the loss of Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan make? Conventional wisdom in Denver is that we've got solid replacements in place and that it will be less of an adjustment than you'd think. Now of course if pieces keep falling out (I'm looking at you, Talib) it will start to take a toll.

#7064 7 years ago

So I'm trying to analyze my guys and I've made a couple changes. I'm a little confused with a guy like Tajae Sharp vs. my bench WRs. Reading about Tajae, he is a rookie, but it sounds like he is doing well and is going to be a focal point for the Titans vs a couple of my other WRs are maybe just in more limited roles or a declining point in their careers. Am I crazy to start Tajae in the flex spot vs the other options on my bench?

Also I know I should probably dump or trade Mariotta for an RB or WR.

Thanks!

ff (resized).PNGff (resized).PNG

#7065 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So I'm trying to analyze my guys and I've made a couple changes. I'm a little confused with a guy like Tajae Sharp vs. my bench WRs. Reading about Tajae, he is a rookie, but it sounds like he is doing well and is going to be a focal point for the Titans vs a couple of my other WRs are maybe just in more limited roles or a declining point in their careers. Am I crazy to start Tajae in the flex spot vs the other options on my bench?
Thanks!

I'd personally start Gore or Ware(if Charles is out) over Sharpe. You don't have to start a WR that spot it's a flex spot WR/TE/RB

#7066 7 years ago

One of my 4 teams, lol, 12 team league

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#7067 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'd personally start Gore or Ware(if Charles is out) over Sharpe

Thanks! I originally had Ware there, but some of the stuff I read didn't sound so great, so I questioned it. I've swapped them back out.

#7068 7 years ago

I think Gore's gonna get some points. They are predicting a shootout with neither team having a good defense.

#7069 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

One of my 4 teams, lol, 12 team league

Nice WRs. Not gonna lose too many games at those spots.

#7070 7 years ago

Carolina is going to make me or break me. I hope they did their homework.

#7071 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think Gore's gonna get some points. They are predicting a shootout with neither team having a good defense.

Yeah but if Charles is out, Ware will score against the atrocious Chargers D. Chiefs are a run first team and the Colts are not. Although I think Gore will be solid this year

#7072 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice WRs. Not gonna lose too many games at those spots.

It's funny because I'm usually a RB first guy but there are a lot of RBBC now in the pass first NFL

#7073 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It's funny because I'm usually a RB first guy but there are a lot of RBBC now in the pass first NFL

I hear ya man. I've been doing this since 2000, and it took me till last year to finally breakdown and admit that WRs are much more safe now.

#7074 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hear ya man. I've been doing this since 2000, and it took me till last year to finally breakdown and admit that WRs are much more safe now.

Oh exactly, in 2000 there were 25 3 down backs, now you are lucky if there's 10

#7075 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Thanks!

Sharpe is the Titans #1 by a wide margin. With that said, they will only pass out of necessity, so he's a tough fantasy start.

If it's a 10 team league I wouldn't keep Mariota (and I'm a big fan)

#7076 7 years ago

So it's that time of year, who you gots for division winners?!

AFC East: Pats
AFC North: Bengals
AFC South: Jags
AFC West: Chieves
NFC East: Gigantes
NFC North: Pack
NFC South: Panthers
NFC West: Cards

#7077 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Sharpe is the Titans #1 by a wide margin. With that said, they will only pass out of necessity, so he's a tough fantasy start.

Ummm. That's not saying a lot

#7078 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Pretty similar here except I like the Colts and the Broncos

#7079 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Ummm. That's not saying a lot

Hah not much to celebrate after going 5-27 over two seasons! We gotta pick our bright spots!

I still think they could win 4 games this year. Reasonable even to think 5, with a (very) outside shot of 6. Optimism reigns in week 1!

#7080 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Hah not much to celebrate after going 5-27 over two seasons! We gotta pick our bright spots!
I still think they could win 4 games this year. Reasonable even to think 5, with a (very) outside shot of 6. Optimism reigns in week 1!

I feel ya, I'm a Bears fan!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7081 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Thanks for the info! It's a 12 team league. If I see a decent WR or RB pop up, I'll dump him and grab them.

#7082 7 years ago

AFC North: PIT
AFC South: IND
AFC West: OAK
NFC East: NY
NFC North: GB
NFC South: CAR
NFC West: SEA

#7083 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Very surprised you picked the Jags since they haven't won over five games in five years. Colts or Texans are obvious picks from that division.

#7084 7 years ago

I do think JAX has a good chance. Their defense could be pretty darn good, and Bortles plus some offensive weapons means they could be competitive in a weak division. I really think it's a toss up between those 2 teams, with JAX not far behind.

#7085 7 years ago

Panthers fell asleep in that second half and Denver gets lucky with that last kick.

#7086 7 years ago

What a start to the season

#7087 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Very surprised you picked the Jags since they haven't won over five games in five years. Colts or Texans are obvious picks from that division.

Fell asleep at halftime, just woke up and read recap. What a game!

I love Luck but he got killed last year and the rest of that roster is rough and they got a weird gm/coach thing going. No confidence in Colts. I don't like picking teams with an unproven qb*, so Texans are out. Titans are a couple years from being competitive after being decimated by an all-time bad gm. So that left me with the Jags, who have gathered some real talent on both sides, but need qb to take the next step.

* On a related note I had given Broncos no chance of winning tonight, so clearly I'm quite the prognosticator!

#7088 7 years ago

People are complaining of head shots to Cam. I only saw the fourth quarter but I saw two head shots. One was when he was a runner running toward the sideline. Cam lowered his head to initiate contact. Someone can correct me but I think that's a noncall for any runner like a running back.

The second I saw was the one that got offset by intentional grounding. I didn't see any problem with this call but if they want to change the rules so that personal fouls have some sort of priority I'm fine with that. People were also questioning why Cam wasn't taken out of the game to do a concussion test at that point. That's a tough question because you're in the last minute of the game. It's not always black and white and if the backup came in there's a big chance he plays worse and you lose.

#7089 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I do think JAX has a good chance. Their defense could be pretty darn good, and Bortles plus some offensive weapons means they could be competitive in a weak division. I really think it's a toss up between those 2 teams, with JAX not far behind.

I'm not buying the hype on the Jags this year. I see them going 7-9 but I don't think they can win the division. I liked the Titans draft better as they shored up the offensive line to protect Mariata. Bortles got hammered last year and the Jags did nothing to improve the offensive line. The defense should be better with Fowler healthy and a great draft. I don't know that Gus Bradley is the answer as head coach. He is one of the nicest and positive guys around but that does not necessarily translate as a good coach. Game 1 will be a major test against Green Bay.

#7090 7 years ago

I don't know that I'm buying into the Jags as much as I'm dubious about the other choices. However I am buying any and all Ramsey hype! Really wanted him back in Tennessee but it was not meant to be

It will be interesting to see if the Titans stick with the "exotic smashmouth" once they're behind, which they will be since they have the worst secondary in the league. In the summer a lot of teams talk about running the ball, controlling time of possession, etc, then the first quarter of week one facing a 3rd-and-two they empty the backfield and go five wide!

#7091 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's a tough question because you're in the last minute of the game. It's not always black and white and if the backup came in there's a big chance he plays worse and you lose.

It's NOT A tough question because that's the entire point of the concussion protocol. You aren't supposed to say "oh, forget about it, the game is almost over."

If there's any doubt at all, the QB is supposed to be tested. Remember last season's debacle when Kase Keenum of the Rams took an OBVIOUS concussion in the last minute of the game, and the Rams had him in the game on the very next play? It was because nobody on the Rams had the balls to stop the game and enter the concussion protocol - as a result their QB - who had clearly been concussed - was taking a snap 30 seconds later.

It's not a tough call at all. Either they are serious about this or they aren't, and it's pretty clear, still, after the lawsuits, the evidence, and the bad press, they still don't give a shit and still don't have a real system in place to deal with this stuff.

It's going to kill the NFL eventually. Parents all over the country aren't letting their kids play football, and it's only a matter of time before this starts to take a toll on pro football.

#7092 7 years ago

Also it's boolsheet that a personal foul can be negated by a gameplay penalty.

#7093 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's NOT A tough question because that's the entire point of the concussion protocol.
If there's any doubt at all, the QB is supposed to be tested. Remember last season's debacle when Kase Keenum of the Rams took an OBVIOUS concussion in the last minute of the game, and the Rams had him in the game on the very next play?
It's not a tough call at all. Either they are serious about this or they aren't, and it's pretty clear, still, after the lawsuits, the evidence, and the bad press, they still don't give a shit and still don't have a real system in place to deal with this stuff.
It's going to kill the NFL eventually. Parents all over the country aren't letting their kids play football, and it's only a matter of time before this starts to take a toll on pro football.

My problem with taking him out is wouldn't other teams just do this on purpose? Hit a guy in the head and force him to take a test at the end of game. Maybe they should have a ref timeout or something to allow the QB to take the concussion test and see if he's OK to play in the last minute.

I think we should just get rid of helmets and padding. Players won't use their head as a weapon if they don't have a helmet on.

#7094 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Also it's boolsheet that a personal foul can be negated by a gameplay penalty.

If Cam holds onto that ball, I don't think either penalty happens.

#7095 7 years ago

Really? That was a pretty egregious helmet-to-helmet hit. Or you mean the contact would have been elsewhere because Newton wouldn't have been so exposed?

#7096 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

My problem with taking him out is wouldn't other teams just do this on purpose? Hit a guy in the head and force him to take a test at the end of game. Maybe they should have a ref timeout or something to allow the QB to take the concussion test and see if he's OK to play in the last minute.

No, teams wouldn't do this on purpose because players would subject themselves to missing games due to discipline. And, giving a team on a final drive free 15 yards isn't gonna help much either.

They need to address this somehow...and yes something like a "ref timeout" for these tests needs to be considered. It seems like all the rules just go out the window in the final 2 minutes and that's not working.

#7097 7 years ago

I wasn't aware that they changed the rule that a touchback places the ball at the 25 yard line instead of the 20. I like it as teams might consider making the other team run a kick off back.

Carolina's kicker had one kickoff from his own 20 that he kicked through the end zone. You got to love Denver's thin air.

#7098 7 years ago

The whole concussion thing is still a joke as the team doctor still has final say on the player going back in.

#7099 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Or you mean the contact would have been elsewhere because Newton wouldn't have been so exposed?

Yeah that's what I meant. If he tucks the ball and takes the sack, there might not be helmet to helmet contact or intentional grounding.

Newton makes some questionable decisions. He takes off running like a running back and initiates contact with his helmet when defenders come near. It's admirable but stupid when so much of the team's success rests on his shoulders. I saw him do this in the fourth while running toward the sideline. He's big enough to stiff arm a defender or he could slide but chooses not to.

#7100 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The whole concussion thing is still a joke as the team doctor still has final say on the player going back in.

Exactly. Every bit of this decision making process needs to be removed from the teams. The NFL needs impartial spotters with absolute final say who can stop the game at ANY time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 75,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 1,503.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.