PXL_20240317_195359170.MP.jpg
037E9C80-9AB1-4AA7-BCC8-FD4015EBA4EF (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1c6b92ca89c98fbc3e43e1d285c4cb24.gif
Screenshot_20240316-204400_Brave (resized).jpg
pasted_image.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 1,503.
#7001 7 years ago

This game will be risky, I hope Marvin keeps the starters out. Tough opener for Cincy, the (Jets) we will need everyone healthy.

#7002 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

This game will be risky, I hope Marvin keeps the starters out.

No worries, pretty standard practice for any smart coach not to pla...oh dear, marvin lewis....hmmm.

#7003 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

This game will be risky, I hope Marvin keeps the starters out. Tough opener for Cincy, the (Jets) we will need everyone healthy.

Dude I'll be surprised if I know a single players name tonight.

#7004 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sanchez is a hell of a lot worse than a "meh" option. He's absolutely terrible.
But in a league where Matt Cassel keeps getting opportunities it wouldn't shock me if the Vikings are stupid enough to go after him.

Oh, I agree Sanchez is far from hot, and it's not like I'm excited to imagine the Broncos starting him this season. But are there a bunch of backup QBs floating around on the open market that are significantly better? There's just a big talent drop-off at QB in the NFL, and although Sanchez is on the wrong side of that line, I'd rather have him kicking around in case Siemian turns out to be a dud (he hasn't been awe-inspiring in preseason) and Lynch still isn't ready for prime-time. Regardless, looks like the Denver D is going to have to carry on carrying the team if the Broncos are going to make something of this season.

#7005 7 years ago

[dupe]

#7006 7 years ago

The Saints just went 0 - 4 in their pre-season games, and had a -41 points scoring differential.
Only two teams went 0 - 4 during the pre-season, the Saints and the Browns.
That's bad, correct?

Here's the only excuses I can come up with:
* 3 of the 4 teams they played won their division so-to-speak during the 4-game pre-season (N.E. Pats, Balt Ravens, & Hou Texans)
* 2 of those 3 teams went undefeated in pre-season games (Pats & Texans)
* Pre-season doesn't matter, remember?
* The Saints gave playing time to other QB's to help coaches/mgmt. evaluate the QB's, and didn't play Drew Brees the whole time.
* The Saints are struggling on both offense and defense, ...but we're getting better (like on Monty Python - The Holy Grail)

#7007 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Only two teams went 0 - 4 during the pre-season, the Saints and the Browns.
That's bad, correct?

Nope. It's preseason. Any injuries?

#7008 7 years ago

Vikings just traded for the ever fragile Bradford. Gave up a 1st and a 4th. 1st round pick for a backup seems awfully steep.

#7009 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Vikings just traded for the ever fragile Bradford. Gave up a 1st and a 4th. 1st round pick for a backup seems awfully steep.

Like I said on the previous page, there are a lot of good mediocre QBs.

#7010 7 years ago

Packers are either going to trade or cut Sitton... seems odd that we wouldn't have put him on the trade block sooner.

#7011 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

That first rounder will probably end up being a top 15 pick for Philly when Bradford gets injured and misses a few games. Could've picked up Zach Mettenberger from waivers for nothing. As a packers fan, I LOVE the trade for the Vikings. LOL

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Packers are either going to trade or cut Sitton... seems odd that we wouldn't have put him on the trade block sooner.

I found this to be odd as well. Wish we could've gotten something for him. Doubt we will but I'm gonna hold out hope. In Ted we trust.

#7012 7 years ago

Anybody else playing Fantasy Football for the first time? No idea what I'm doing. Any tips? Draft starts in an hour.

#7013 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Anybody else playing Fantasy Football for the first time? No idea what I'm doing. Any tips? Draft starts in an hour.

Don't draft a kicker or defense until your last two picks.

#7014 7 years ago

Thanks! What position do you guys try to pick first? I figured QB, but Yahoo auto-ranking indicates RB and WR.

#7015 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Thanks! What position do you guys try to pick first? I figured QB, but Yahoo auto-ranking indicates RB and WR.

Wait in QB for the first 4-5 rounds at least.

#7016 7 years ago

Drafting Forsett seemed legit

#7017 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Drafting Forsett seemed legit

Did he go down? That Ravens backfield is a hot mess.

#7018 7 years ago

He got cut!! Then apparently resigned, but that doesn't bode well for his fantasy pts

#7019 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

He got cut!! Then apparently resigned, but that doesn't bode well for his fantasy pts

Whoa. they rolling with that Dixon guy or buck Allen I guess?

#7020 7 years ago

RBBC I believe

#7021 7 years ago

I had one of the last pics in the first round. Picked Cam Newton as RB and WR names I recognized were already taken. He's kinda unconventional with the ability to score on the run so figured I'd grab him. My Yahoo draft grade was a B, so 2 teams scored better than me (A- and B+), 5 scored the same, and 4 scored worse (2 B-, a D+, and a D). Considering I'm a bit clueless, I don't feel too bad.

Any tips on waiver wire?

#7022 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whoa. they rolling with that Dixon guy or buck Allen I guess?

He's still their #1, not a bad grab late but I wouldn't want him as my RB2

#7023 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He's still their #1, not a bad grab late but I wouldn't want him as my RB2

Totally. I avoided all Ravens like the plague.

#7024 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I had one of the last pics in the first round. Picked Cam Newton as RB and WR names I recognized were already taken. He's kinda unconventional with the ability to score on the run so figured I'd grab him. My Yahoo draft grade was a B, so 2 teams scored better than me (A- and B+), 5 scored the same, and 4 scored worse (2 B-, a D+, and a D). Considering I'm a bit clueless, I don't feel too bad.
Any tips on waiver wire?

Well I wouldn't have picked Cam in the first or second, but it's always good to pick guys you like.

#7025 7 years ago

Newton, cam and Wilson were the top 3 picks in my league. Left Odell for me at #8. Can't complain there!

#7026 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Newton, cam and Wilson were the top 3 picks in my league. Left Odell for me at #8. Can't complain there!

Jeez, QBs didn't start goin until the 4th round in both my drafts

#7027 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Jeez, QBs didn't start goin until the 4th round in both my drafts

Yeah I agree. I didn't choose mine until the fourth round.

#7028 7 years ago

If Odell had been available he would have been a first pick. I steered clear of injured players. Had a little confusion with the interface at first as well.

#7029 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

That first rounder will probably end up being a top 15 pick for Philly when Bradford gets injured and misses a few games. Could've picked up Zach Mettenberger from waivers for nothing. As a packers fan, I LOVE the trade for the Vikings. LOL

I found this to be odd as well. Wish we could've gotten something for him. Doubt we will but I'm gonna hold out hope. In Ted we trust.

I do like the Bears grabbing Sitton!! Gotta love NFL economics, 3 time pro bowler getting released the week before opening day.

#7030 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Oh, I agree Sanchez is far from hot, and it's not like I'm excited to imagine the Broncos starting him this season. But are there a bunch of backup QBs floating around on the open market that are significantly better? There's just a big talent drop-off at QB in the NFL, and although Sanchez is on the wrong side of that line, I'd rather have him kicking around in case Siemian turns out to be a dud (he hasn't been awe-inspiring in preseason) and Lynch still isn't ready for prime-time. Regardless, looks like the Denver D is going to have to carry on carrying the team if the Broncos are going to make something of this season.

He's a Cowboy.

Warms this Redskins fan's heart.

#7031 7 years ago

Hey guys - 2 days to real football.

#7032 7 years ago

Hey guys - 2 days to real football.

Some of us will be spending our time still focused on baseball

#7033 7 years ago

Low blow!

Really though, I'm still watching baseball, and still will until the season is over. I love that baseball is on during the week, it helps the week move along, and offers a nice passive distraction. Being a Brewers fan is tough, but I still enjoy watching. The Sunday games will probably only get the occasional score check - Sunday ticket and games where I have a rooting interest take priority on that day.

#7034 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's a Cowboy.
Warms this Redskins fan's heart.

Giants stock also rose significantly when Romo broke his back again. And I'd be perfectly happy to see Dallas start Sanchez. Should be another bumpy year in the NFC East, hopefully the Giants can remember how to win the occasional close game and keep it interesting into December.

#7035 7 years ago

Hopefully the Broncos' defense shuts Cam down again on Thursday night.

#7036 7 years ago

Based on poll results and Whysnow's latest post, and with the regular season just about here, would this be the proper time to deliver the nut punch?

#7037 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Based on poll results and Whysnow's latest post, and with the regular season just about here, would this be the proper time to deliver the nut punch?

It's never a bad time to deliver a nut punch

#7038 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Hopefully the Broncos' defense shuts Cam down again on Thursday night.

I hope not. I've got Cam and the Carolina Defense for my FF team. Will be interesting.

#7039 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

My Yahoo draft grade was a B

Yahoo draft grades are garbage, to be honest. I always get Cs. That's because I refuse to take more than 1qb and 1te. It always gets me for lack of depth. Why would I grab an extra QB when every other person in my league has 2? By not grabbing an extra QB, I essentially free up a roster spot while having access to any number of favorable QBs based on matchups..

Quoted from mcluvin:

Any tips on waiver wire?

We do an auction waiver in my (favorite) league. You get $100 at the beginning of the season, you can bid on a guy if you want him on your roster. In a normal league where there's no reason not to grab a waiver, there really isn't a lot of strategy.. just take a look at your prospect compared to your bench - do you think that waiver pickup has more upside?

As stated above, I hate wasting bench positions on QBs and TEs. You're going to start your QB for like 12 weeks out of the year, so why eat up a bench spot with an extra QB? Same with TE in most cases. I'd much rather have a WR or RB on my bench that has a lot of upside and could be played at a flex spot with minimal risk if he looks like he's catching fire.

#7040 7 years ago

Yahoo draft grades are garbage, to be honest. I always get Cs. That's because I refuse to take more than 1qb and 1te. It always gets me for lack of depth. Why would I grab an extra QB when every other person in my league has 2? By not grabbing an extra QB, I essentially free up a roster spot while having access to any number of favorable QBs based on matchups..

We do an auction waiver in my (favorite) league. You get $100 at the beginning of the season, you can bid on a guy if you want him on your roster. In a normal league where there's no reason not to grab a waiver, there really isn't a lot of strategy.. just take a look at your prospect compared to your bench - do you think that waiver pickup has more upside?
As stated above, I hate wasting bench positions on QBs and TEs. You're going to start your QB for like 12 weeks out of the year, so why eat up a bench spot with an extra QB? Same with TE in most cases. I'd much rather have a WR or RB on my bench that has a lot of upside and could be played at a flex spot with minimal risk if he looks like he's catching fire.

Truer words have never been spoken.

#7041 7 years ago

Larger leagues have a different dynamic that I find way more enjoyable than 10 team leagues. There's a sense of desperation with 16 teams that you don't get when the free agent pool is full of pro bowlers. When your QB is out in a 10 team league, you got Stafford, Dalton, Mariota as FAs. In a 16 team it's Keenum or Wentz if you're lucky!

#7042 7 years ago

My CBS team was graded A- and I think my team sucks. Half my roster is on a bye week 9 so someone will get a free win on me that week.

#7043 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

My CBS team was graded A- and I think my team sucks. Half my roster is on a bye week 9 so someone will get a free win on me that week.

I like that. Means you'll be at full strength all other weeks.

#7044 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like that. Means you'll be at full strength all other weeks.

Except that I drafted bad boys Bell and Brady. Somehow, they still have me the favorite week one so we'll see.

#7045 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Except that I drafted bad boys Bell and Brady. Somehow, they still have me the favorite week one so we'll see.

Haha. Wow. Yeah good luck weeks 1-3. Should be plenty of QB help out there though.

#7046 7 years ago

I thought I did pretty good with my ESPN draft. My receivers are a little weak but not too bad.

ff (resized).JPGff (resized).JPG

#7047 7 years ago

My CBS draft is another story. On pick two, I was reading about players and missed my pick. Autodraft picked Matt Forte. When I was fumbling trying to make the pick I accidentally turned on autodraft. It was a snake draft so my third pick came fairly quickly and autodraft picked Mark Ingram. It'll be fun to see if I can salvage this team.

ff2 (resized).JPGff2 (resized).JPG

ff3 (resized).JPGff3 (resized).JPG

#7048 7 years ago

I'd try to trade Brady for some WRs around week 3. Deangelo might be a drop around that same time..

#7049 7 years ago

I'd try to trade Brady for some WRs around week 3. Deangelo might be a drop around that same time..

Good idea. Having two good QBs seems pointless because it becomes a toss up of who to start.

#7050 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Good idea. Having two good QBs seems pointless because it becomes a toss up of who to start.

It's also very hard to trade QBs unless someone is absolutely terrible there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 75,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 1,503.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.