IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png
RDT_20240319_1906132562035229678710219 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 1,507.
#6951 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Plus Gabbert was a first round pick. He was in what, his 3rd year when Wilson came out? Most guys don't really emerge as a QB until at least that. Rodgers sat under Favre for 3, which I still think is the best way to bring a QB into the league. But I agree, a punter makes a miss in that round look more egregious.
I took off work Friday and Monday of opening weekend. I was very close to pulling the trigger on Tuesday to recover from the double header, but I exercised some restraint.
Anyone getting Sunday Ticket? I've had it every year, but I'm also out of town a lot. I think I'm actually on the hook for it right now, so I'd actually have to call to cancel..

What's the best internet streaming service for NFL? Sunday Ticket?

#6952 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's the only (legitimate) service.

#6953 7 years ago

Dishnet offers the red zone channel, it's pretty much all I watched when I had the directv NFL ticket

#6954 7 years ago

RZC is great. It makes me hope for GB 315 or night games. I have a monitor near my TV in the basement.. I usually put the RZC on the big screen and the most interesting game (fantasy interests, or whatever) on the monitor.

#6955 7 years ago

I have the ticket again. They didn't give it to me free, but I only had to pay like half price. I'll take that.

#6956 7 years ago

Breaking news. Tony Romo suffers broken bone in back. That was a rough looking hit he took the other night. Looks like Dak Prescott might get his shot earlier then expected.

#6957 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Breaking news. Tony Romo suffers broken bone in back. That was a rough looking hit he took the other night. Looks like Dak Prescott might get his shot earlier then expected.

Jesus, the guy has an arm on him and as a Giants fan I've suffered through my share of Romo-powered comebacks, but he seems to literally be made of glass.

#6958 7 years ago

Won't be back until mid season at the earliest. Prescott fever will have no end!

#6959 7 years ago

That's rough for Romo and may be the end for him in Dallas if Prescott does well.

#6960 7 years ago

Reminder tonight is the live draft for the pinside league. 10pm eastern

#6961 7 years ago

I'm hearing Brandon Weeden is set for a huge year!

#6962 7 years ago

Romo is finished. He was finished last year.

Why does Dallas refuse to accept this?

#6963 7 years ago

Sports radio is so damn lame with the non-stop talk about Kapernick sitting during the national anthem. Who cares? Leave that discussion for the NEWS radio and keep SPORTS talk on ESPN, FS1, Mad Dog, etc.

Couldn't get any sports info from the weekend during my commute because of the hosts repeating themselves over and over.

I. Don't. Care.

#6964 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sports radio is so damn lame with the non-stop talk about Kapernick sitting during the national anthem. Who cares? Leave that discussion for the NEWS radio and keep SPORTS talk on ESPN, FS1, Mad Dog, etc.
Couldn't get any sports info from the weekend during my commute because of the hosts repeating themselves over and over.
I. Don't. Care.

I hear a lot of sports fans rag on WWE but sports talk has become WWE. Talk about the drama and action that doesn't take place within game. That's what sports talk has become. I can only listen for a short time because I don't need to hear Bomani, Cowherd, and Stephen A. Smith make the same arguments over and over. I only listen to local guys and PTI if I decide to listen. Otherwise I just read articles.

#6965 7 years ago

Exactly. They just repeat their opinion over and over again, sometimes just slightly rephrasing their wording.

#6966 7 years ago

The Bengals starting offense looked very good and so did the D. The back-up seems to be another ball of wax altogether, they did not look good. I'm wondering if the Bengals have lost so much of their depth that it will hurt them this year.

#6967 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I. Don't. Care.

It's preseason bro. What else are they gonna talk about?

Quoted from PoMC:

Exactly. They just repeat their opinion over and over again, sometimes just slightly rephrasing their wording.

So, it's exactly like Pinside. Doesn't stop us from coming here.

#6968 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's preseason bro. What else are they gonna talk about?

So, it's exactly like Pinside. Doesn't stop us from coming here.

Baseball. Lots of baseball games happening.

#6969 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Baseball. Lots of baseball games happening.

Baseball sucks

#6970 7 years ago

Discussing a dumb jock sitting or standing during the national anthem sucks harder.

#6971 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Discussing a dumb jock sitting or standing during the national anthem sucks harder.

Sports radio sucks. This is nothing new, it's just terrible, from the moronic commentators to the idiots who call in.

Seriously, change the channel.

#6972 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sports radio sucks. This is nothing new, it's just terrible, from the moronic commentators to the idiots who call in.
Seriously, change the channel.

I did. Was just annoyed because I didn't have time to read my news apps this morning before work and wanted to to catch up in the car.

#6973 7 years ago

This stuff always attracts attention and always will. I still remember 25 years ago when Frank Sinatra threatened to kick Sinead O'Connor's ass for doing the same thing.

#6974 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Romo is finished. He was finished last year.
Why does Dallas refuse to accept this?

As a Giants fan, I was hoping Jon Kitna was still the Dallas back up qb.

#6975 7 years ago

Bridgewater just went down. Looks like the Packers should run away with division this year

#6976 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Bridgewater just went down. Looks like the Packers should run away with division this year

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, he was grabbing his left knee as teammates prayed around him.

Ouch

#6977 7 years ago

Sucks for Vikes fans.

Titans are going to release Alex Tanney at the cut to 53. Much to our chagrin, because he's been much better than Cassel, but apparently Cassel is the GM's boo. Hoping he can land a spot there or somewhere else after the cut.

#6978 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, he was grabbing his left knee as teammates prayed around him.
Ouch

Torn ACL

#6979 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ouch

out for the year.

I guess they should have prayed harder.

#6980 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

I dunno about that, it's not like Bridgewater tore it up last year. They are a D and run oriented team. 2400 yds and 14 TD shouldn't be that hard to replace.

#6981 7 years ago

The media overreacted on the Bridgewater injury. The way they were reporting it you would think he needed to have his leg amputated or he was paralyzed. It reminded me of CNN's everyday BREAKING NEWS that is nothing special. ACL injuries happen around twice a week during the pre-season and regular season.

#6982 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

out for the year.
I guess they should have prayed harder.

They were saying if the trainers hadn't acted as fast as they did he might of lost his leg

#6983 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The media overreacted on the Bridgewater injury. The way they were reporting it you would think he needed to have his leg amputated or he was paralyzed. It reminded me of CNN's everyday BREAKING NEWS that is nothing special. ACL injuries happen around twice a week during the pre-season and regular season.

It wasn't just an ACL. Dislocated knee and other structural damage.

#6984 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I dunno about that, it's not like Bridgewater tore it up last year. They are a D and run oriented team. 2400 yds and 14 TD shouldn't be that hard to replace.

My thoughts as well. Bridgewater was a serviceable qb but not spectacular. I didn't know his backup, Shaun Hill, was still playing football.

#6985 7 years ago

That injury Sounds nasty.

The Vikings had better have something up their sleeve better than Shaun Hill.

#6986 7 years ago

This is the rumored answer

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6987 7 years ago

The Vikings would be better off putting AP in a Wildcat formation.

#6988 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This is the rumored answer

It'll be interesting to see if Denver decides to cut Sanchez. I'm hoping they hang onto him, not that he's exciting by any means (he certainly didn't earn the right to start for Denver) but if the inexperienced first and second string QBs aren't able to hack it, having a "meh" option in the wings might be a relief come week four or five. A seventh round pick and a few million bucks seems like a pretty cheap insurance policy.

#6989 7 years ago

There are a lot of good mediocre quarterbacks. (see what I did there)

#6990 7 years ago

Vikings should just trade their next few first rounders for Maccaron.

#6991 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Vikings should just trade their next few first rounders for Maccaron.

Then what are you going to do when Dalton tears his labia.

#6992 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Then what are you going to do when Dalton tears his labia.

When? You say that like its a guarantee. I'd imagine they will do the same thing as the Steelers if Big Ben tears his. Phone in the season and laugh all the way to the bank with those extra picks.

#6993 7 years ago

LOL at the rest of the Vikings 2016-17 season.

#6994 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Vikings should just trade their next few first rounders for Maccaron

Not going anywhere, atleast not until his present contract runs out.

#6995 7 years ago

How was a non-contact injury that gnarly?

I really hate to see that. Hopefully he can come out of it alright. I never really thought he was their 'answer', but I was looking forward to beating them with their starting qb.

#6996 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

How was a non-contact injury that gnarly?

likely some underlying previously undiagnosed issues.

#6997 7 years ago

I was wondering the same. Then again I remember Derrick Rose

#6998 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I was wondering the same. Then again I remember Derrick Rose

And I remember that UL bball player that had that gruesome compound fracture during the NCAA tournament. Apparently was a stress fracture he had, waiting to explode.

#6999 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It'll be interesting to see if Denver decides to cut Sanchez. I'm hoping they hang onto him, not that he's exciting by any means (he certainly didn't earn the right to start for Denver) but if the inexperienced first and second string QBs aren't able to hack it, having a "meh" option in the wings might be a relief come week four or five. A seventh round pick and a few million bucks seems like a pretty cheap insurance policy.

Sanchez is a hell of a lot worse than a "meh" option. He's absolutely terrible.

But in a league where Matt Cassel keeps getting opportunities it wouldn't shock me if the Vikings are stupid enough to go after him.

#7000 7 years ago

Vikes should go after Chase Daniels or Bradford. I'm sure Philly is willing to deal either one with Wentz in the wings

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 75,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.