pasted_image (resized).png
1c6b92ca89c98fbc3e43e1d285c4cb24.gif
Screenshot_20240316-204400_Brave (resized).jpg
pasted_image.gif
Screenshot_20240316-102804 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,096 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 1,502.
#6901 7 years ago

3 Rings is an easy in. Hell, for good trivia there's only 1 QB not in the hall with 2 SB wins...
and a Heisman & Maxwell
Rookie of the year
Come back player of the year
SB MVP

EDIT: That's 2 starting wins...sorry Phil

#6902 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

3 Rings is an easy in. Hell, for good trivia there's only 1 QB not in the hall with 2 SB wins...
and a Heisman & Maxwell
Rookie of the year
Come back player of the year
SB MVP

I think you speak of Plunkett, one of my favorite QBs.

#6903 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You get the rings you get the hall

That's so very true. A quarterback can be pretty damn good and not go to the hall only because he doesn't have the ring. Ken Anderson has better stats than atleast a third of the quarterbacks in the hall and he will not get in. I will say this on Aikman, I think he was better than your average QB but not an elite either. Aikman enjoyed the best running game in the league which opened the field up for him.

#6904 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

That's so very true. A quarterback can be pretty damn good and not go to the hall only because he doesn't have the ring. Ken Anderson has better stats than atleast a third of the quarterbacks in the hall and he will not get in. I will say this on Aikman, I think he was better than your average QB but not an elite either. Aikman enjoyed the best running game in the league which opened the field up for him.

I was thinking that may have been why he had so few TDs. They would just hand it to Emmitt. Smith led the league in TDs '92, '94, and '95.

On Pro Football Reference.com they have this chart tells you what guys at the same position had a similar career. Aikman's was similar to Donovan McNabb, Drew Bledsoe, Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Carson Palmer, Steve McNair and then some Hall of Famer's like Stabler, Kelly and Namath.

#6905 7 years ago

Thought the Bengals starters looked pretty good, especially Geno Atkins against the Vikings starters. Wanted to see more of the rookie TE and Wide receivers but it's pre-season so you never know what may take place.

#6906 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Thought the Bengals starters looked pretty good, especially Geno Atkins against the Vikings starters. Wanted to see more of the rookie TE and Wide receivers but it's pre-season so you never know what may take place.

If Geno and Dunlap stay healthy all season, they are going to be a nightmare for everyone.

#6907 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If Geno and Dunlap stay healthy all season, they are going to be a nightmare for everyone

Pass rush looked good. I know it's only preseason and the first game at that but they simply dominated the Vikes offensive line. Hope it continues and some of these rookies work out for us. How do you feel about Hunt? I think he's not going to be a Bengal past this year if he doesn't dramatically step up his game. Three years now for him so he should be ready to answer the call.

#6908 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Pass rush looked good. I know it's only preseason and the first game at that but they simply dominated the Vikes offensive line. Hope it continues and some of these rookies work out for us. How do you feel about Hunt? I think he's not going to be a Bengal past this year if he doesn't dramatically step up his game. Three years now for him so he should be ready to answer the call.

I think Hunt has this year to prove himself or that's it. As long as he's serviceable, I think he stays though. They've shown that they will keep guys even if they aren't the greatest players, but fit well into the system. See Peko and Malaluga

#6909 7 years ago

In the absence of fearless leader Cincy fans have commandeered this thread!

#6910 7 years ago

I'm not a Cincy fan.

BUNGLES SUX!

#6911 7 years ago

Someone told me the fish are ready to make a run. I'll believe it when I see it.

#6912 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Someone told me the fish are ready to make a run. I'll believe it when I see it.

Fins are gonna blow this year

#6913 7 years ago

And I'm ready for it.

#6914 7 years ago

How did McCarron look? I just read about a deep pass he threw and wondered if there should be any QB controversy.

#6915 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

How did McCarron look? I just read about a deep pass he threw and wondered if there should be any QB controversy.

Look up daltons numbers from last year and that should put to bed any QB controversy that you think there might be. Remember dalton was hurt for the final 3 games of last season too. No chance in hell Maccarron plays this season without an injury to Dalton.

#6916 7 years ago

Thank God Adele turned down playing at the Super Bowl.

#6917 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Thank God Adele turned down playing at the Super Bowl.

I love her music but she's not a get-you-pumped-for-the-big-game kind of singer.

#6918 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Look up daltons numbers from last year and that should put to bed any QB controversy that you think there might be. Remember dalton was hurt for the final 3 games of last season too. No chance in hell Maccarron plays this season without an injury to Dalton.

If they would have won that playoff game against the steelers, do you think there would have been a QB controversy? McCarron played well those last 3 games and nearly went 3-0. I like Dalton. It just seems there's a lot of noise about him not winning a playoff game but maybe that's coming from national media instead of local media.

#6919 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

In the absence of fearless leader Cincy fans have commandeered this thread!

Don't worry they'll mess it up once this thread really gets meaningful, Chuck will lose his cool and get a thread eject or something

#6920 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If they would have won that playoff game against the steelers, do you think there would have been a QB controversy? McCarron played well those last 3 games and nearly went 3-0. I like Dalton. It just seems there's a lot of noise about him not winning a playoff game but maybe that's coming from national media instead of local media.

That's national for sure. Maccaron is a damn good backup, but I think dalton is going to keep getting better.

Had maccaron won that playoff game, I don't think he would've even played the next game.

#6921 7 years ago

That win was about as exciting as a preseason win could be! Go Hawks!!!!

#6922 7 years ago

I hate pre-season football. It's necessary to evaluate talent but tough to watch. I watched volleyball over last night's 49ers/Texans game.

#6923 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I hate pre-season football. It's necessary to evaluate talent but tough to watch. I watched volleyball over last night's 49ers/Texans game.

Game 3 is the only one that resembles anything close to regular season football

#6924 7 years ago

Dang, Goddell dropping the hammer again. Harrison, Mathews,Peppers and Neal will be suspended 4 games if they don't come in for an interview about the PED probe. Interesting

#6925 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Dang, Goddell dropping the hammer again. Harrison, Mathews,Peppers and Neal will be suspended 4 games if they don't come in for an interview about the PED probe. Interesting

I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison doesn't do that and just retires. I mean he's a backup at best right now.

#6926 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison doesn't do that and just retires. I mean he's a backup at best right now.

Yeah and Neal is a free agent, so it really only affects the Packers, which doesn't break my heart, lol

#6927 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

haha...you keep telling yourself that...He's a bengal slayer

#6929 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha...you keep telling yourself that...He's a bengal slayer

Wanna make another bet? James Harrison in the two games against the bengals this year will have no sacks, no INTs, and less than 10 tackles per game.

40 quarters.

#6930 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wanna make another bet? James Harrison in the two games against the bengals this year will have no sacks, no INTs, and less than 10 tackles per game.
40 quarters.

40 quarters...Ok so we're not counting the Playoff win for Pitt...that's fine by me.

Done.

#6931 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

40 quarters...Ok so we're not counting the Playoff win for Pitt...that's fine by me.
Done.

Haha. Good one, but yes only reg season counts.

Also our other bet is bengals make playoffs and steelers don't for another 40 quarters right?

#6932 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Good one, but yes only reg season counts.
Also our other bet is bengals make playoffs and steelers don't for another 40 quarters right?

Correct all around.

#6933 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That grinding you hear to the north is CF's teeth being worn down to nubs!

#6934 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That grinding you hear to the north is CF's teeth being worn down to nubs!

I can hear it over the Cubs sweeping the double header vs Brewers in Wrigley

#6935 7 years ago

I thought someone said CF was back?????

#6936 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I thought someone said CF was back?????

Pinside allowed him to come back, but he told me he ain't coming back. Bummer.

#6937 7 years ago

He's the lucky one.

#6938 7 years ago

I bet the bangles will loose in the playoffs

#6939 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

That's ballsy...no one outside of Ohio thinks they'll even make the playoffs
EDIT; Oh sorry didn;t see you were from Ohio

#6940 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Hey now! Us struggling fans need to stick together. But I think everyone can agree that the Browns are not going to lose in the playoffs. They will have an unscathed record of 0-0

#6941 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

You better watch the TV then cause a Browns fan that's as close as you can hope to come to the playoffs.

#6942 7 years ago

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17354596/missouri-bar-offer-dollar-pitchers-every-touchdown-rams-opponent

Looks like a chain of bars in Missouri has started a promotion for rooting against the Rams. Every time an opponent scores a TD against the Rams they will knock a dollar off a 9 dollar pitcher of beer.

#6943 7 years ago

Go Saints! 50 Years!
Go grab an NFC wildcard spot in the 2016-2017 football season.
NewOrleans-Saints-50year-logo_(resized).jpgNewOrleans-Saints-50year-logo_(resized).jpg

#6944 7 years ago

Normally I don't worry about preseason, but I'm a little bit worried that the Bucs spent a draft pick on a kicker who is the same old same old. If you can hit consistently from less than 40 yards you're in trouble - preseason or not.

#6945 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Normally I don't worry about preseason, but I'm a little bit worried that the Bucs spent a draft pick on a kicker who is the same old same old. If you can hit consistently from less than 40 yards you're in trouble - preseason or not.

The Bucs traded up to get a kicker in the second round. It reminds me of the Jags a few years ago. They took a punter in the third round when Russell Wilson was still available. Gabbert was the Jags QB at the time so they could have used Wilson.

#6946 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Bucs traded up to get a kicker in the second round. It reminds me of the Jags a few years ago. They took a punter in the third round when Russell Wilson was still available. Gabbert was the Jags QB at the time so they could have used Wilson.

If Russell lasted into the third round, the Jags weren't the only team to not pick him multiple times including the Seahawks. I've never been a fan of criticizing team's picks. The draft is such a crap shoot. It's what they do with their picks that interests me. Can they develop players into starters? Jags haven't won more than five games since '11 when they got a new owner and they have had only 4 Pro Bowlers since '11.

#6947 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If Russell lasted into the third round, the Jags weren't the only team to not pick him multiple times including the Seahawks. I've never been a fan of criticizing team's picks. The draft is such a crap shoot. It's what they do with their picks that interests me. Can they develop players into starters? Jags haven't won more than five games since '11 when they got a new owner and they have had only 4 Pro Bowlers since '11.

I agree that the draft is a crapshoot. However, a team with as many needs as the Jags should not be thinking of drafting a punter in the third round. One good thing about the bad Jags teams is that I have been able to get tickets cheap. It looks like that is going to change this year as they already sold out opening day against the Pack. They might actually take the tarp off some of the seats.

#6948 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The whole "they coulda got THIS guy instead" thing is indeed stupid. 15 teams passed on Aaron Rodgers...20 something passed on Marino. But certainly, NFL teams often make idiotic picks and nothin wrong with criticizing them when they do it. Kickers shouldn't be drafted. And any GM who drafts a running back in the first round in the modern NFL needs his head examined.

#6949 7 years ago

There's still RBs that can go in the first, but they better be pretty awesome. Maybe like one a year is worth a first, but you're right, their value has plummeted over the past 5 or so years.

#6950 7 years ago

Plus Gabbert was a first round pick. He was in what, his 3rd year when Wilson came out? Most guys don't really emerge as a QB until at least that. Rodgers sat under Favre for 3, which I still think is the best way to bring a QB into the league. But I agree, a punter makes a miss in that round look more egregious.

I took off work Friday and Monday of opening weekend. I was very close to pulling the trigger on Tuesday to recover from the double header, but I exercised some restraint.

Anyone getting Sunday Ticket? I've had it every year, but I'm also out of town a lot. I think I'm actually on the hook for it right now, so I'd actually have to call to cancel..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 75,096 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 1,502.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.