Topic Stats

• 20,525 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,646 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200120-165011~2 (resized).png
hot-take (resized).jpg
53AB8FDA-CB2E-40D4-BAB2-0F4624C9324C (resized).jpeg
giphy (16).gif
2760A7B2-7A38-4DB4-BB2B-5CCB8A85075C (resized).jpeg
90B2BFB6-7DA5-4943-9BE8-E49B0F8E3668 (resized).jpeg
image0000007 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200119-191003~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200119-175104~2 (resized).png
Done (resized).jpg
image.png.806d8deb27e09ed3da72c942ebbe5a3d.png
Screenshot_20200117-132517 (resized).png
6C0C2D2F-3AB8-4D99-AD5F-CD83F3B03453 (resized).jpeg
3B190141-0330-4BFA-A7F1-0D6FABC42DB7 (resized).jpeg
8CBA57CC-DFED-4A7D-90F7-96840E4BE4A3 (resized).jpeg

There are 20525 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 411.
#6551 3 years ago

24.5m over 4 years, 12.5m of that is guaranteed. Seems like a really reasonable price for someone that could have made an immediate impact..

Jerrell Freeman is visiting Chicago, today.

Edit - Trevathan was asked if the Packers had contacted him; he said no, but he wishes they would have.

#6552 3 years ago

Wow. Sanchez to the Broncos. Sorry Denver fans, I don't see anything close to a repeat this year. Not that really any QB that was available to sign was that great. I wonder if they draft one early?

#6553 3 years ago

Sanchez is not good, surpassing the didn't go for Kap or Fitz.

I was going to say it's a wonder the Eagles got anything for him, but it's a conditional 2017 7th round pick so literally the lowest possible pick.

#6554 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. Sanchez to the Broncos. Sorry Denver fans, I don't see anything close to a repeat this year. Not that really any QB that was available to sign was that great. I wonder if they draft one early?

It would be shocking if they are planning on him being their #1

#6556 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It would be shocking if they are planning on him being their #1

Agreed he's a much better back up.

#6557 3 years ago

Did I miss the news that Manning is retiring? Sanchez? WTF!

#6558 3 years ago

The Bengals will not let go of AJ period. Elway must have smoked a lot of pot to sign Sanchez..... makes you wonder what he was thinking

#6559 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Did I miss the news that Manning is retiring? Sanchez? WTF!

My first thought as well - but the plan has got to be to have him as a #2, which seems like a pretty good place to put him. And frankly with the D playing the way it was I think we'd still have won it all with Sanchez in at QB for the playoffs last year (doesn't mean I want to see him taking the field next year of course).

#6560 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

My first thought as well - but the plan has got to be to have him as a #2, which seems like a pretty good place to put him. And frankly with the D playing the way it was I think we'd still have won it all with Sanchez in at QB for the playoffs last year (doesn't mean I want to see him taking the field next year of course).

I was gonna say the same thing. Sanchez can't be any worse than Manning was last year. Surely he can play as good as Osweiler was doing most of the time and the D will do the rest. I wonder though if that D will be the same. They just lost Trevathan. Have they lost anyone else?

#6561 3 years ago

I'm sure no one else gives a shit about the Bills except me on here, but I am so tired of our players going to teams in our own division. Hogan to the Pats.....Yeah,...Bradey needs another freakin slot receiver! Williams, and Kiko to Miami to join Suh on the defense.......aaarrrgghhh....Tyrod is going to be running for his life.

#6562 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was gonna say the same thing. Sanchez can't be any worse than Manning was last year. Surely he can play as good as Osweiler was doing most of the time and the D will do the rest. I wonder though if that D will be the same. They just lost Trevathan. Have they lost anyone else?

Yes they lost Malik Jackson which is a bigger deal than Travathan. I think they'll still have a killer D though, and will find decent (if not perfect) replacements. Bigger issue is probably that the D was performing at peak level for most of last year (and definitely in the playoffs). It's putting a lot of pressure on them to assume they can do that again. Have to build at least some threats on offense to give a chance of success when one or two key defenders have a bad day.

#6564 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

ยป YouTube video

I was never a fan of Sanchez. Especially when Rex Ryan stuck with him when he was playing so bad.

#6565 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

24.5m over 4 years, 12.5m of that is guaranteed. Seems like a really reasonable price for someone that could have made an immediate impact..
Jerrell Freeman is visiting Chicago, today.
Edit - Trevathan was asked if the Packers had contacted him; he said no, but he wishes they would have.

It appears they signed Freeman as well

#6566 3 years ago

Looks like the Broncos were talking with Fitz but he's asking too much. Probably not gonna get much if you nickel and dime at the QB position.

#6567 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Looks like the Broncos were talking with Fitz but he's asking too much. Probably not gonna get much if you nickel and dime at the QB position.

True but Fitz is apparently asking $18m a year which seems ... unrealistic.

#6568 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

True but Fitz is apparently asking $18m a year which seems ... unrealistic.

Most teams' success rides on the QB. I guess the Broncs didn't need great QB play last year though.

Didn't the Dolphins just pay Tannehill 19 million a year?

#6569 3 years ago

Chase Daniels got $7m a year (insentive can bring it up to $12m a year) in Philly.

#6570 3 years ago

Martavis Bryant for the Steelers faces a 1yr suspension for substance abuse.

#6571 3 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Martavis Bryant for the Steelers faces a 1yr suspension for substance abuse.

Sounds about right.

#6572 3 years ago

BJ Raji just retired. Damn

#6573 3 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

BJ Raji just retired. Damn

Wtf? He had a solid reason last year......oh well

#6574 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He must have had a more solid reason this year.

#6575 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think football is hard, and after you make $20-40M you could/should be set for life. Not all of these guys are, but some are.

I can see both sides. On the one hand it's easy money (compared to a 9-5 job) but on the other hand it's not like some guys need the money.

#6576 3 years ago

And the only F awarded in the NFL post season grades goes to:

image_(resized).png

Standard

#6577 3 years ago

Glad to see adam gase go to Miami.

#6578 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Chase Daniels got $7m a year (insentive can bring it up to $12m a year) in Philly.

The Chase Daniels signing might be the most underrated signing so far..... Houston and Denver should have gone after him

#6579 3 years ago

How do you Bengals fans feel about Pac-Man returning?

Also I guess Siri knows Browns fans' pain.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14994878/sadness-cleveland-siri-finds-browns-home

#6580 3 years ago

Glad Pacman is back. He's had his issues in the past but has kept his nose pretty clean while here. Oh and he's one of the best CBs in football to boot. I know people think he's a dirty player, but he's really not. Never gets personal fouls.

Also excited to see how Burfict adjusts his game this year. He said the suspension really hit it home and knows now he needs to play differently. We will see.

#6581 3 years ago

Annnnd another O Line loss for the Hawks. Need to get some serious players in the draft.

#6582 3 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Annnnd another O Line loss for the Hawks. Need to get some serious players in the draft.

I've read the Broncos want to trade Clady.

#6583 3 years ago

Pacman is a damn fine player and growns up since his troubles.

#6584 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Isn't this the same Pacman Jones who contacted a ref to set up the game losing FG?

Seems to me he's not all grown up.

image_(resized).png

#6585 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lol, do you even watch any football? You and Whysnow should do a podcast on the NFL

#6586 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Isn't this the same Pacman Jones who contacted a ref to set up the game losing FG?

Yeah well I'm a Steelers fan so I hope he's even more mature this year

But honestly, you can't just single Pacman out in that game; the entire team from head to toe melted down because they have a horrible coach. The Game was ALREADY OVER before the pacman penalty...so thank Vontaze for that

Quoted from centerflank:

Lol, do you even watch any football? You and Whysnow should do a podcast on the NFL

Sorry this stuff happened in a non GB game so you're probably not the guy to talk to aboot it.

#6587 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I tried to talk him into it but he has some "exciting business opportunities" as of late.

#6588 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah well I'm a Steelers fan so I hope he's even more mature this year
But honestly, you can't just single Pacman out in that game; the entire team from head to toe melted down because they have a horrible coach. The Game was ALREADY OVER before the pacman penalty...so thank Vontaze for that

Sorry this stuff happened in a non GB game so you're probably not the guy to talk to aboot it.

Remember when the Packers beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl a few years ago? That was the bestest game ever!

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

image_(resized).png

That was pacman's only PF penalty of the season.

#6590 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That was pacman's only PF penalty of the season.

If he was only going to get one, you have to admire his restraint in waiting for the worst possible moment.

#6591 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If he was only going to get one, you have to admire his restraint in waiting for the worst possible moment.

#6592 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And the only F awarded in the NFL post season grades goes to:
image_(resized).png
Standard

Its great being a browns fan.

#6593 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You are 20000% correct on that one. That was a bad night.

#6594 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Boswell is a good long distance kicker, kkick would have been 50 though.

Quoted from centerflank:

Remember when the Packers beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl a few years ago? That was the bestest game ever!

Kevin Lanflisi, is that you?

Yeah I remember it as the Steelers had just won it 2 seasons before that. Sadly, I knew that would happen...Pit had awful secondary that year and Rodgers was on the top of his game.

Quoted from timtim:

Its great being a browns fan.

Browns fans should only be allowed to talk aboot Jim Brown in this thread

#6595 3 years ago

Are Browns fans able to discuss the golden era of Tim Crouch?

#6596 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Are Browns fans able to discuss the golden era of Tim Crouch?

It's Tim Couch...please show some respect....or a moment of silence.

Well he was a better pick that Whedon, Quinn, & Manzell. Ha...they should open a shitty law firm in Cleveland.

#6597 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well he was a better pick that Whedon, Quinn, & Manzell. Ha...they should open a shitty law firm in Cleveland.

Wait, it's Eric Crouch. wonder if they are related.

#6598 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not sure you can say better unless your metric is what number he was picked. Yes he was picked first overall.

Edit: Interesting...

http://www.footballperspective.com/johnny-manziel-and-first-round-quarterback-busts/

#6599 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not sure you can say better unless your metric is what number he was picked. Yes he was picked first overall.

Well Mr Nitpicky my "metrics" are the standard Qb metrics...you know, passing, completions, tds, game played etc etc.

#6600 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well Mr Nitpicky my "metrics" are the standard Qb metrics...you know, passing, completions, tds, game played etc etc.

Can he be Captain Nitpicky? We need more pretend captains on pinside

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Chicagoland, IL
$ 21.00
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 20525 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 411.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside