spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 1,513.
#6401 8 years ago

Next day thoughts. I only remember doritos commercials and the old astronaut in the car one. Most were too creepy and just flashed on product at the end. Many had me shaking my head like getting the old british woman (helen mirren) to scold everyone who drinks not to drive. Or the shots of people exercising and at the very end they go for a beer? I don't recall a godaddy commercial, miss those.
cam looked gassed at end of first half. I do think he choked. Peyton didn't do much better, didn't convert on last 13 3rd downs? Half time show was really bad. I mean really really bad. For some reason I though csonka was dead. I did hear peyton say he was going to drink budweiser. Looked like eli was scared peyton was going to get mvp. And as usual, I picked the wrong team to win...

#6402 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So after the game Peyton says he's going to drink a bunch of Budweiser. WTF?

The WTF? moment was him kissing Papa John after the game. He must really like that pizza.

#6403 8 years ago

Papa Johns Pizza and Budweiser. What a combo. Today he's going to Disneyland with his kids. I wouldn't want to be riding behind him on Space Mountain.

#6404 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So after the game Peyton says he's going to drink a bunch of Budweiser. WTF?

Yeah that was weird, and pretty awkward when he accidentally said later that he was "going to drink a bunch of beer" and then had to correct himself and say Budweiser. Budweiser says they didn't pay him to say that (and good thing since there's a league rule against being sponsored by alcohol manufacturers). But Manning evidently owns a Budweiser distributorship, so he was plugging his own product. Would have been hilarious if he'd been eating a slice of Papa John's on the podium, but I guess we had to settle for that fleeting image of him kissing PJ on the field.

I don't care for Budweiser particularly, or crass commercialization in general. But as an atheist and beer drinker, I did appreciate that Manning mentioned Bud before he got around to "the man upstairs."

#6405 8 years ago

My old man loved Budweiser. He kept cases of that shit around. But personally I couldn't stomach it. So when I wanted cheap beer sometimes I would pick up some Coors. So he says " you know what Coors and making love in a canoe have in common?" And I say "no, what?" He says " Fn near water". lol...

#6406 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6407 8 years ago

This picture says it all. Celebrating while his team is in a scrum, that's their leader.
image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#6408 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

This picture says it all. Celebrating while his team is in a scrum, that's their leader.
image_(resized).png

FYI, this a scrum, its starts the ball into play as the scrum half rolls the ball in shortly after the 2 packs collide. Commentators have been using scrum as an improper analogy for years.

maxresdefault_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(resized).jpg

#6409 8 years ago

Looks like a name change for this thread is in order. No longer 2015-2016.

#6410 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I thought we would just start a new thread but then I noticed the web address says 2013-2014.

#6411 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought we would just start a new thread but then I noticed the web address says 2013-2014.

Why would we start a new thread?

edit-----too much clutter having a thread for each year, wrapping it up all in one seems more efficient.

#6412 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I thought it was devolving into a rugby thread.

#6413 8 years ago

All the commercials sucked like they do every year...other than the Weiner Dog one.

#6414 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All the commercials sucked like they do every year...other than the Weiner Dog one.

The doritos one with the pregnancy was great.

#6415 8 years ago

Ha that one was a little strange. Later Doritoes had one with Dogs in it and I thought some puppies were going to shoot out early.

#6416 8 years ago

Funny thing *probably* 25+ teams would take Cam over who they currently have at QB.

#6417 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Funny thing *probably* 28 teams would take Cam over who they currently have at QB.

Why is that funny? He's the NFL MVP and he completely dominated the field this past year except for the SB. Besides GB and NE, the rest of the teams would be complete idiots not to grab him if he was available.

Now can he carry this over to next season too? I hope so as I think he's fun to watch, and I'm not a Carolina fan.

#6418 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Why is that funny? He's the NFL MVP and he completely dominated the field this past year except for the SB.

Yeah he's a bit of a baby, but he also got jacked up by the best Defense in the league that just smacked down Brady before this

#6419 8 years ago

The NFL routinely employs rapists and murderers so it's not strange that close to every team would want a guy that can't handle a news conference if it helped them win.

#6420 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The NFL routinely employs rapists and murderers so it's not strange that close to every team would want a guy that can't handle a news conference if it helped them win.

You forgot that he's a thief too.

#6421 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Why is that funny? He's the NFL MVP and he completely dominated the field this past year except for the SB. Besides GB and NE, the rest of the teams would be complete idiots not to grab him if he was available.
Now can he carry this over to next season too? I hope so as I think he's fun to watch, and I'm not a Carolina fan.</blockquote

I'll keep Russel Wilson, thank you very much.

#6422 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Um Puppy Monkey Baby for the win. Two years in a row Kick start took the best commercial.

And last year

#6423 8 years ago

This was the best reviewed at my house...and I dislike dogs.

The babymonkey thing gets remembered for being unstteling, I'll give it that.
Last years might have been the worst.

#6424 8 years ago

Oh sorry if I missed it mentioned, but was the only one turned on by the intestine ad?

#6425 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This was the best reviewed at my house...and I dislike dogs.
The babymonkey thing gets remembered for being unstteling, I'll give it that.
Last years might have been the worst.
» YouTube video

Haha. I realize my sense of humor is very weird and I get why people don't like the kickstart commercials, but I couldn't stop laughing and I went back and watched it at least 10 times. Haha

#6426 8 years ago

Hating dogs and being aroused by intestines should be automatic threadban. OP, can you do something?

#6427 8 years ago

I found the Jack in the Box commercial to be the best.

#6428 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

....and being aroused by intestines should be automatic threadban...

I'll never apologize for that!!!

#6429 8 years ago

The "that's random" comedy angle is just so fucked out. It's lazy, and when doritos and mt dew are doing it, you know it's time to move on.

#6430 8 years ago

All I know is if the packers don't make any big FA moves and don't win the super bowl, TT better get fired. They need to make a move, AR12 is being wasted in his prime and is the only reason we keep getting in the playoffs. End rant.

#6431 8 years ago

Who do you want in FA? I'd like to see us pickup a TE more than most anything else - Gates and Davis are both FAs.. but Gates is old, and (presumably) off the steroids that kept him healthy. Davis said specifically when he got drafted that he was glad GB didn't pick him.

Sadly, we also need a punter.

#6432 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Who do you want in FA? I'd like to see us pickup a TE more than most anything else - Gates and Davis are both FAs.. but Gates is old, and (presumably) off the steroids that kept him healthy. Davis said specifically when he got drafted that he was glad GB didn't pick him.
Sadly, we also need a punter.

You're concerned about a backup tight-end? I'm assuming you are happy with Richard Rodgers (sp?)?

I think maybe JPP with an incentive laden contract would be nice. I guess anyone else that would be a marked improvement is going to cost too much... A shut down corner would be nice... I wouldn't mind Alshon Jeffery as a nice, big, deep catch playmaker but he was a Bear...

All I know is there is little to no blame being assigned to anyone when these supposedly highly skilled teams keep spinning their wheels. We either don't have the personel or the right coaching. The packers should have won another super bowl by now IMHO...

#6433 8 years ago

You're right, I also think we should have won another SB. I blame the coaching, as well as some curious staffing promotions. We moved Edgar Bennett from RB coach (ok, that makes sense) to WR coach (getting colder) to Off Coord (???). We promoted Alex Van Pelt to QB coach, and simultaneously assigned him the WR coach position - that's an interesting experiment, but based on the drop at each of those positions (regardless of injuries) I really don't think it's working out.

12 had a huge respect for Clements, so we moved him to Assistant Head Coach (whatever that is), and eventually removed his only real role as play caller. The writing is basically on the wall with him, I can't imagine he sticks around. Ideally, I'd like to see everyone take a step back, they've clearly risen to their level of incompetence, but I sincerely doubt we can convince Clements to go back to QB coach, etc.

I think the players are there with only a few exceptions. Our rookie CBs played really well most of the year, so I doubt we bring in much help for the secondary (we've got shields, hyde, rollins and randall, and maybe hayward).

I'm not really happy with RRodgers - he's just too slow, or at least he looks too slow.. I want someone that is a legitimate threat on the seam, and can make safeties play honest. I don't know that any of the FA guys are really the answer for that, so I suspect we'll do what we always do - draft.

I think we need some help at ILB. Jake Ryan played alright for a rookie, but he looks like another AJ Hawk, particularly in coverage (or lack of coverage). Perry and Neal are both up for FA, and we're talking about moving Clay back outside. I would guess we probably want Peppers back, but if he retires or we tell him to take a hike, I have no idea how we fill all those positions. We also have to make a decision on Guion and Raji...

#6434 8 years ago

I'm not a big fan of firing a coach who's been to the playoffs 8 out of 10 years. Head Coach provides the culture of a team and I think the Packers have a winning atmosphere. If they want to change a scheme on the offensive or defensive side, then change a coordinator. You can't really guard against injuries if that was the problem last year.

I only watched a couple of GB games this year and the things I noticed was the offensive line was weak and the defense was lackluster. I think overall they are just a few pieces away from getting to another Super Bowl. I saw that for years with the Colts. Their performance was reliant on the fact that players stayed healthy. They always did a good job of keeping backups prepared (until Manning got injured). But I always cherished those years. The failures made the successes taste so much sweeter. When compared with the other option of being the Browns who have lottery picks nearly every year, I'll take making the playoffs every year even if they end in defeat every time.

#6435 8 years ago

I don't want to fire coaches, but I would like to get them back to the roles at which they excelled.

Our offensive line was banged up practically all year. Our defense was probably as good as it's been since we won in 2010 (and probably better).

#6436 8 years ago

Any blame on Arodgers for the poor performance this year?

From the sidelines looking in, he sure seemed to be a big part of the failure. Seemed like he had gotten inside his head and looked very Cutleresque in decision making/frustration for some games. Despite my dislike for all things Packers, I always through Arodgers was solid up till this year.

Was that all coaching and he deserves no blame?

#6437 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I don't want to fire coaches, but I would like to get them back to the roles at which they excelled.
Our offensive line was banged up practically all year. Our defense was probably as good as it's been since we won in 2010 (and probably better).

I was checking the stats on the defense and they were middle of the pack (no pun intended), ranked 12th for points and 15th for yards. That's the best since 2012 since they were 11th in both and 2010 when they were a top five defense. So yeah the defense wasn't playing too bad but the offensive ranks were surprising, 15th in points and 23rd in yards. Yikes. Denver was 19th and 16th but they had the best defense in the league to make up for that.

#6438 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Any blame on Arodgers for the poor performance this year?

poor? no, just not great. He certainly had a case of the yips more often than in the past. I'd give him some blame, but not a ton.

completion % 60.7
yards 3,821
td 31
int 8
passer rating 92.7

#6439 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

poor? no, just not ridiculously awesome.
completion % 60.7
yards 3,821
td 31
int 8
passer rating 92.7

It seemed like he had lots of indecision this year and lack of focus which does not really have a metric. He was poor for him/ historically and all I remember is them being 6-0 and then falling hard and he was unable to keep the focus himself. This then seemed to be manifested with fights on the sidelines and I assume issues behind the scenes. First time he seemed to not have the respect and confidence of the team. He did not look like the Arodgers of previous years.

#6440 8 years ago

I definitely don't think 12 is without blame. I (as well as the talking heads) were praising him through those first 6 games with his pocket presence, it was some of the best I'd ever seen. At some point I guess he got hit too often, and he started breaking the pocket too early or making some frantic throws.

He had a pretty poor attitude when things started looking bleak. Wilde (beat writer) actually pointed that out to him, and he started to relax towards the last few games.

He did have his knee scoped a couple of weeks ago. I don't necessarily think that's why he was playing poorly - the Packers say it was to clean up some previous work more than anything else, but he definitely looked reluctant stepping into throws. He threw off of his back foot way more often than I remember, usually he's got some great footwork and steps into throws pretty athletically, even when he's on the move.

All of that said, I think we did a pretty poor job of adjusting to how defenses were playing us. You heard it all year long that guys weren't getting open, and that was mostly true. NE makes a living with creative WR packages to give Brady the opportunity to hit the open guy - a lot of rub plays or trips, for example. We tried that a few times, but we seemed to abandon it rather quickly.

#6441 8 years ago

good insight Dave. Thanks

#6442 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It seemed like he had lots of indecision this year and lack of focus which does not really have a metric. He was poor for him/ historically and all I remember is them being 6-0 and then falling hard and he was unable to keep the focus himself. This then seemed to be manifested with fights on the sidelines and I assume issues behind the scenes. First time he seemed to not have the respect and confidence of the team. He did not look like the Arodgers of previous years.

i agree with this assessment but do not know the cause. It was a historically poor year for him but he didn't play poorly.

#6443 8 years ago

That completion percentage is a big drop from previous years and the yards is pretty low. It could have had something to do with line issues.

#6445 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not have the respect and confidence of the team? Serious?

You post the most idiotic crap, pretty much why I can't stand being around you.

#6446 8 years ago

I was thinking that's the one major upgrade needed for the D, ILB's.....could be the most important cog for the 3-4.

Richard Rogers does look slow out there and doesn't break tackles, TE is a minor need on the O side. A legit LT backup is needed too, Tretter was ok there when we needed it but if he has to play center....well you saw what happened.

edit-----Major need not Minor

#6448 8 years ago

Bye Bye Beast mode, you will be missed!

Beast_mode_(resized).jpgBeast_mode_(resized).jpg

#6449 8 years ago

You guys think Shady McCoy does any jail time? He can ask Mike Vick for some pointers. Or do you think this is a civil case?

#6450 8 years ago

Just watched the 30 for 30 film, "The Four Falls of Buffalo". Really good. Super Bowl XXV was the first super bowl I watched and I had a poster of Jim Kelly in my room as a kid.

I always thought Buffalo should be owned like Green Bay but I guess that's illegal now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,625 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.