5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 1,515.
#6251 8 years ago

I had it on, but wasn't actively watching it. I liked it when they had the skills competition, but I don't think they've done that for quite a while.

#6252 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And if you don't like that wait, imagine how long it is after next week til pre-season!

I get to watch Kiper's hair for a few months at least

#6253 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Did anyone actually watch the Pro Bowl? It's easily the worst of all of the pro sports all star games.

Ha I watched the NHL one instead in the background...but that's because I didn't even know it was on.

I actually liked the old way it was after the SB. To me it made more sense as "Football Lite" after the season was totally over, and there was nothing left to do but have some pointless fun.

I think the NHL had the most watchable game now with the 3on3 brackets they changed to. Basketball/Baseball I just hate anyway .

#6255 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Did anyone actually watch the Pro Bowl? It's easily the worst of all of the pro sports all star games.

No. There was a Gunslingers marathon on. I learned a lot of things about Billy The Kid that I never knew before. And John Wesley Hardin was a badass mofo.

#6256 8 years ago

I don't know if I'm even excited for the SB......I guess I'm rooting Broncos. Elway will look like a fucking genius dumping fox to bring in kubiak

#6257 8 years ago

I'm taking John Hardin over Billy the Kid. By over 20.

#6258 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know if I'm even excited for the SB......I guess I'm rooting Broncos. Elway will look like a fucking genius dumping fox to bring in kubiak

I'm excited....old school versus new school. BUT...I'm not routing for one side really...sometimes that makes it better. I mean I was routing for Manning the last time so my night was shit after 14 seconds.

#6259 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

and ironically it was Wade Philips and the defense that got the Broncos to the SB. Add Philips to that list of great coordinator, terrible head coach

#6260 8 years ago

I want Manning to win, but mostly I just want a good game. If the broncos win it in the 1st quarter, then I'll just be bored. Ideally I'd like to see Manning win it in OT (first SB to go to OT would be great!). I'd also like to see Newton make a critical error at some point..

Every time I get a little excited, I remember we have the CBS crew.. and coldplay...

#6261 8 years ago

A coldplay song came on the radio when I was driving home from the gym today, I turned to Becky and said "people like this shit?"

I honestly couldn't name one song they perform.

Quoted from tilt-master:

and ironically it was Wade Philips and the defense that got the Broncos to the SB. Add Philips to that list of great coordinator, terrible head coach

He has indeed proved his worth but lets be honest they have some serious players in their front 7, Ware is still a beast and Miller is a wrecking ball, lots of other good players in their too, Trevathan is an outstanding LB and Marshall make a great pair at ILB, their DB's are pretty fucking good too. Ward is a hammer and Harris is pretty elite.

#6262 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He has indeed proved his worth but lets be honest they have some serious players in their front 7, Ware is still a beast and Miller is a wrecking ball, lots of other good players in their too, Trevathan is an outstanding LB and Marshall make a great pair at ILB, their DB's are pretty fucking good too. Ward is a hammer and Harris is pretty elite.

Remember that this is the same crew as last year. I was never a fan of Del Rio unless you count the times the Colts whooped his Jags teams. Philips is just a lot better at turning these guys loose. The Broncos D vs. Panthers O is the matchup I'm most excited to see. This may turn out to be a low scoring game.

#6263 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Remember that this is the same crew as last year. I was never a fan of Del Rio unless you count the times the Colts whooped his Jags teams. Philips is just a lot better at turning these guys loose. The Broncos D vs. Panthers O is the matchup I'm most excited to see. This may turn out to be a low scoring game.

Didn't Harris get injured for the playoffs or was that the year before? Too lazy to check.

Ah well, let's hope for a tight game to keep our interests up.

#6264 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Every time I get a little excited, I remember we have the CBS crew.. and coldplay...

Nantz right? Can't stand him. He talks... like William... Shatner.
Coldplay, Beyoncé... is there a third performer? Not looking forward to half-time.

#6265 8 years ago

I have a feeling this will be a lopsided Panthers win, they're playing well especially their offense.

Seems like Denver scraped by in the playoffs.

#6266 8 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Nantz right? Can't stand him. He talks... like William... Shatner.

Yes, Nantz/Simms. They're the worst of the 4 major crews. I rank them Michaels/Collinsworth, Tirico/Gruden, and Buck/Aikman. The first of those is far and away my favorite, but any one of them injects some excitement into the game with their calls, Nantz calls football like golf - that guy can make a good game feel boring. Simms is just incoherent most of the time. They're the human equivalent of grits and broccoli.

#6267 8 years ago

Not a big Collinsworth fan. Him & Aikman tend to babble. I like Tirico/Gruden. Gruden knows what he's talking about, but sometimes he sort of jumps on the bandwagon of who's winning at that point.
You are sooo correct about Nantz calling football like golf & making it boring.

#6268 8 years ago

Simms is the worst. For the life of me I can't see how this is the number one crew, I prefer some of the lesser names as well. Just can't stand Simms he's too goodie goodie and Nance is a bore.

The three others you listed are all good but I prefer Gruden and Aikman to Collinsworth but they're all good. Collinsworth is funny.

This is classic Collinsworth:

#6269 8 years ago

The worse halftime show the better, that's when we head down to play the pins.

And continue the cash games of "Road Runner." That has to be the goddamned hardest game in the world...worse than Sinistar.

#6270 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The worse halftime show the better, that's when we head down to play the pins.

They need to bring back Bud Bowl.

Picture-22_(resized).pngPicture-22_(resized).png

#6271 8 years ago

As others have said, I mostly am hoping for a good competitive game. I won't feel bad if either team wins, but it would be cool to see Peyton go out on top.

#6272 8 years ago

At least with Michaels and Collinsworth you get a little excitement from their commentary. I miss ole Dan Dierdorf. He was one of my favorite broadcasters. I've heard he does Michigan games.

#6273 8 years ago

I liked dan dierdorf. He would point out things other people missed, same with madden. Gruden gets a little too technical for me. For the life of me I don't know why they need 5 people to host shows. One defense guy, one offense guy, and someone to keep the flow going, at most. I also get pissed at "sideline" reporter. Not one has ever added any useful information. I also hate when they go over the game YOU ARE WATCHING during the post game and halftime reports. I just watched it, I'd like to see other highlights, not just a 10 second scoring update.Collingsworth is ok. He does flop on predictions though, all of a sudden talking more about the team thats winning. There, done ranting.

#6274 8 years ago

Dennis Miller was the best!

#6275 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I liked dan dierdorf. He would point out things other people missed, same with madden. Gruden gets a little too technical for me. For the life of me I don't know why they need 5 people to host shows.

Its funny, but when Dierdorf first started as a commentator he would point out the most obvious stupid things. My friends and I coined the term Dierdorfisms. I couldnt stand him. But he really honed his skills over the years.

#6276 8 years ago

dierdorf and madden were the only 2 that would point out a great play an offensive lineman would make. I did get annoyed with dierdorf when he would comment "so many weapons" a dozen times during a game, especially when it was SF playing. On the other hand, gruden throws out technical terms and expects everyone to know what he's talking about.

#6277 8 years ago

I slightly dislike Gruden. He coined the Sheriff nickname for Manning and I always thought that was a stupid nickname that made no sense. He can say other stupid stuff too.

Speaking of the sideline reporter, I don't remember which network has Jay Feely but that has to be the most superfluous reporter of them all. A kicker reporter reporting on only kickers.

#6278 8 years ago

I like Gruden he's like Madden-lite.

What's with some of the less attractive women sideline reporters? I can't understand that at all, I mean at least Goose and Feely played football but what's the point of having women on the sideline? When did Oprah become a sideline reporter?

What happened to Erin Andrews?
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
Now we have
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6279 8 years ago

I like Tony Siraguso's sideline comments. I don't like the networks going the Fox News route in hiring hot chicks for sideline reporters. At least on Fox News you can look at them. I don't want to hear some chick who knows little about football tell me about Dez Bryant being questionable with a groin injury. Do I really need Erin Andrews for this information?

In Jax we always get the bottom of the annoucing food chain. I'm sure no one else in the country has heard of those announcers, unless they happen to play the Jaguars. I hate Nance calling everyone by their first name like he is friends with them. Collinsworth must have taken one too many concussions and should stop saying "pass rush" as it sounds like "pash rush". Michaels is the best and has been the best for a long time. Gruden still does not understand the rules of the game.

Another horrible halftime show scheduled for this year. When you go to a football game, the PA is playing AC/DC or Metallica, not Coldplay or Bruno Mars or Madonna.

#6280 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like Gruden he's like Madden-lite.
What's with some of the less attractive women sideline reporters? I can't understand that at all, I mean at least Goose and Feely played football but what's the point of having women on the sideline? When did Oprah become a sideline reporter?
What happened to Erin Andrews?
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Whoa, what happened? Maybe that is why I don't see the chick sideline reporters.

#6281 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I like Tony Siraguso's sideline comments. I don't like the networks going the Fox News route in hiring hot chicks for sideline reporters. At least on Fox News you can look at them. I don't want to hear some chick who knows little about football tell me about Dez Bryant being questionable with a groin injury. Do I really need Erin Andrews for this information?
In Jax we always get the bottom of the annoucing food chain. I'm sure no one else in the country has heard of those announcers, unless they happen to play the Jaguars. I hate Nance calling everyone by their first name like he is friends with them. Collinsworth must have taken one too many concussions and should stop saying "pass rush" as it sounds like "pash rush". Michaels is the best and has been the best for a long time. Gruden still does not understand the rules of the game.
Another horrible halftime show scheduled for this year. When you go to a football game, the PA is playing AC/DC or Metallica, not Coldplay or Bruno Mars or Madonna.

For the four play by play men, it's Michaels, Tirico, Buck and Nantz. Michaels is great. Tirico and Buck are OK and Nantz gets by. Nantz will always be a golf or college basketball announcer.

#6282 8 years ago

Dierdorf sucked balls

#6283 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dierdorf sucked balls

AND YOU SWALLOW...balls...that didn't work out like I wanted.

#6284 8 years ago

Who has the video handy of the fan that threw the snowball, I think it hit Simms in the patriot-raider tuck game, now that was funny stuff.

Not the correct video but I found this gem searching for it.

#6285 8 years ago

Dierdorf replaced OJ on MNF. I'm not sure who was worse. They both said the same shit over and over again.

Dandy Don Meredith for the win!

#6286 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Dierdorf replaced OJ on MNF. I'm not sure who was worse. They both said the same shit over and over again.
Dandy Don Meredith for the win!

Yeah, he was absolutely horrible on MNF, but I think in his later years he got a lot better. Not great by any means, but much improved.

#6287 8 years ago

After Don Meredith left it was all downhill after that. Then they changed the starting time for MNF which really screwed things up for us on the west coast. But I like Gruden more than some of those other assholes. Collinsworth is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

#6288 8 years ago

Anyone do the workout vid yet? How did you feel doing it? Do you think you are ready to play in the NFL now?

#6289 8 years ago

I posted this above not sure if you guys looked at the link, Devon Hester gets his pants taken off almost.

But Collinsworth says "just barely off the ground" not sure if he made that up as a play on bare bottom. If he did he's quick on his feet. Can't recall how much they commented on that. It was one of those wardrobe malfunctions no tape delay.

#6290 8 years ago

I don't think I ever saw Todd Christensen drop a pass. That guy was money.

#6291 8 years ago

Lot to catch up on...Dierdorffer is fucking horrible. Put him with Denise Miller & Joe Theisman's pompus ass as just unlistenable. Buck & Gruden have grown on me to the point I don't want to rip my ears off.
What Tony Sargayusa is doing in a football game is still a mystery to me...fucking Jay Feely, KICKING ANALYST makes more sense; which is unimaginable. Tirico is good, Ann Arbor guy without Dierdorfers UofM shit. Collinsworth is still decent but went down a rung or 2 when he was shilling for the league on the ray rice thing

#6292 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Buck & Gruden have grown on me to the point I don't want to rip my ears off.

Yeah, but put Buck together with Aikman like they did and I'd rather listen to the Jonas Brothers while the game is on.

#6293 8 years ago

I think Phil Simms does a pretty good job. He keeps it mellow.

#6294 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think Phil Simms does a pretty good job. He keeps it mellow.

I like Simms & Nance a lot...may be my favorite. Like Eagle & Fouts a lot too.

I'd have to bow to you since I don't remember Dandy Don, but aren't all these hillbilly announcers just playing the role of him these days?

#6295 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who has the video handy of the fan that threw the snowball, I think it hit Simms in the patriot-raider tuck game, now that was funny stuff.
Not the correct video but I found this gem searching for it.
» YouTube video

The shimmy shake @3:30 is fantastic!

#6296 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd have to bow to you since I don't remember Dandy Don, but aren't all these hillbilly announcers just playing the role of him these days?

Back in the day they used to drink in the booth!

#6297 8 years ago

Then there was Howard....

#6298 8 years ago

The worst NFL commentating team was the year Frank Gifford, OJ Simpson, and Joe Namath broadcasted MNF. Gifford looked good compared to the other two imbeciles.

My favorite team of all time was Pat Summerall and John Madden followed closely by Al Michaels and John Madden.

Best call by a ref:

#6299 8 years ago

I remember that!. "Givin him the business down there.." hillarious!

#6300 8 years ago

I know what commentary team I'll be listening to.

1454523172-key-peele-super-bow_(resized).png1454523172-key-peele-super-bow_(resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.