New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57695)

Official NFL Thread

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26,916 posts - Hot topic!
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by Erik
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,101 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8EDB2A33-1C19-4032-8D27-5A68FD3E323C (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
SemiFinalists_1050x660.jpg
bb (resized).jpg
download_20201123_222708 (resized).jpg
E18F6990-EB96-48D4-9D71-3BF001A67337 (resized).jpeg
2020-11-23 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201122-225705~2 (resized).png
2292C965-10C3-44B5-9908-D4FDB9D61705 (resized).png
93E8D700-F120-4238-BC2F-CFEC22EC4FC0 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201122-175339~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20201122-165708~2 (resized).png
62611390-DA30-4843-BF6E-61D668001715 (resized).jpeg
F0B95851-CE24-4BF4-8385-2C4345E68B79 (resized).jpeg
EiKluRcXgAA6Jzl (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201122-125404~2 (resized).png

There are 26916 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 539.
#5951 4 years ago

Haha! I wonder how many remote controls just got thrown across living rooms in America?

#5952 4 years ago

Didn't like how Pats manages their last two positions, that near interception and the possession before they had two incomplete passes on a 3 and out.

#5953 4 years ago

Good game anyway, Chiefs blew it by a bad turnover and horrible clock management didn't help! But anyone who thinks the pats dismantled them is a fing idiot. Chiefs had a chance but oh well. Maybe next year!
Now let's go pack!

#5954 4 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Good game anyway, Chiefs blew it by a bad turnover and horrible clock management didn't help! But anyone who thinks the pats dismantled them is a fing idiot. Chiefs had a chance but oh well. Maybe next year!
Now let's go pack!

Textbook game of score being closer than the game. Pats had it in hand from the start. Sorry but it's the truth.

#5955 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Textbook game of score being closer than the game. Pats had it in hand from the start. Sorry but it's the truth.

Umm a better bounce on that last play could have tied the game right there? Obviously pats outplayed them but that doesn't always guarantee a win man!

Go Bengals!

#5956 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think that KC is terrific and did good job in this game, probably much better than Bengals (if they had won would have played NE).

But bear in mind, I never said KC was bad, in fact I said how strong of a team they were and how well they had been playing.

I just said, don't judge the Pats by their last 6 games 2-4 record. The Pats were the best team in the league in the first half of the year until so many injuries piled up. And that the Pats are the best home team, the best play-off team and one of the best teams off a bye week in the last 15 years.

There was a good reason why the Pats were favored to win and this game was closer than I expected to be honest..

#5957 4 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Umm a better bounce on that last play could have tied the game right there? Obviously pats outplayed them but that doesn't always guarantee a win man!
Go Bengals!

Hey man. If anyone knows how a game can go different from one play its me. Just saying that a lot of people were thinking the pats were really in trouble in this game. I didn't think that at all. They are who they are for a reason.

Go Chiefs!!

#5958 4 years ago

I think the Chiefs had the best chance at beating the pats, but still thought it was very unlikely.

Had the bengals played in this game, who knows how it would've went. I do know that the bengals are much better at scoring quick than the Chiefs, so maybe that would've been the difference who knows. I was rooting for the Chiefs but knew the outcome before it even started. The Pats are so good in the post season it's ridiculous. I would never bet against them.

#5959 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey man. If anyone knows how a game can go different from one play its me. Just saying that a lot of people were thinking the pats were really in trouble in this game. I didn't think that at all. They are who they are for a reason.
Go Chiefs!!

Ya I hear ya, I'm not sure why people were thinking they were in trouble either? They came in almost completely healthy for the first time in a while. And Chiefs were without Maclin on O and Houston on D. Would have been a huge upset, but I was hopeful!

Go Bengals!!!

#5960 4 years ago

I think some people on this thread looked at NE last 6 games (all without Edelman) and said they were weak, but two OT losses and weird loss to Philly and one loss they didn't even try as they'd already locked up most everything they were resting up for the play offs. It's all about the post season.

Regular season is only important to make it to the post season.

Not too sure if they are worried about Den who has the worst QB left in the Playoffs, or if Pitt wins they'll come to NE.

#5961 4 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Ya I hear ya, I'm not sure why people were thinking they were in trouble either? They came in almost completely healthy for the first time in a while. And Chiefs were without Maclin on O and Houston on D. Would have been a huge upset, but I was hopeful!
Go Bengals!!!

I know dude. I was rlike ally wanting your Chiefs to go up into Denver and stomp those fools and have a new blood type AFC championship to give the world some new teams to see go deep. Oh well. Bengals will be back next year and so will the Chiefs. Look out NFL!! Haha

#5962 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think some people on this thread looked at NE last 6 games (all without Edelman) and said they were weak, I showed how two OT losses to Den and NYJ and weird loss to Philly as well as they'd already locked up most everything they were coasting or resting up for the play offs. It's all about the post season.
Regular season is only important to make it to the post season.

I figured the Chiefs were screwed after every network kept ramming the Chiefs/Pats game from the beginning of LAST season down our throats! Lol

#5963 4 years ago

No matter how many times I see a perfectly completed end zone fade route it never ceases to impress

Also did Collinsworth describe that as "red hot sex"?

#5964 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

No matter how many times I see a perfectly completed end zone fade route it never ceases to impress
Also did Collinsworth describe that as "red hot sex"?

Haha. What a creep.

#5965 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know dude. I was rlike ally wanting your Chiefs to go up into Denver and stomp those fools and have a new blood type AFC championship to give the world some new teams to see go deep. Oh well. Bengals will be back next year and so will the Chiefs. Look out NFL!! Haha

Ya it'd be great to see some new teams and new rivalries in there for sure! As a fan of the Chiefs since I was a kid though this was the best season I've watched. Going from 1-5 to 11-5 and finally winning a playoff game was pretty fun. Hope it only gets better!

#5966 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

NE was not trying to win that Miami game, just trying to get out of town with the minimal injuries in that game. It's all about the playoffs not the regular season.

Well it paid off for them today, but are you saying they didn't want homefield advantage and want to possibly go to Denver next week and face a team that already beat them with a backup QB?

#5967 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well it paid off for them today, but are you saying they didn't want homefield advantage and want to possibly go to Denver next week and face a team that already beat them with a backup QB?

What do you think? Brady threw the ball 5 times in the first half of the Miami game. Does that sound like a game plan for NE who has the fewest rushing in the entire league? Did you watch the Miami game? NE was not playing even half speed.

Today Brady handed off the ball 6 times total, against Miami he handed off 16 out of their first 18 plays. Not because the rush was working at all but because coach didn't want Brady to get injured in an almost meaningless game. Against Miami NE rushed 27 times for 70 yards so they were not rushing because it was working well.

Denver almost lost to SD off of 5 turn overs by Brock, so NE had a strong chance of winning home field anyway. They had already locked up first round bye.

Peyton is not really a great QB anymore and NE might be favored at Denver.

#5968 4 years ago

I'm gonna make the same call about the steelers game tomorrow. Steelers lose and it's not close.

I think this game tonight is gonna be amazing.

Go Cards! More importantly, go Palmer!!

#5969 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did you watch the Miami game? NE was not playing even half speed.

Yeah, they were beat up and tired. Without that extra week off they would have lost today. I wish them luck next week.

#5970 4 years ago

Patrick Peterson, man of the year candidate........ Flagged for taunting.

#5972 4 years ago

Thanks cheifs for late td. Teased the the line +8.5 KC over 40.5
$40 paid a hundo.
Wtf is up with gb/arz??? 13 points at half? Figured the game would fly over 50.5

#5973 4 years ago

How many you guys remember that wild card game was it 09? Packers at Arizona, they combined for 90 points or something, one of the greatest games I've ever watched. ill have to go check that box score......

#5974 4 years ago

Kurt Warner and Brett Favre?

#5975 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Kurt Warner and Brett Favre?

Warner and Rodgers

I think Clinton Dix is really becoming a great safety, he is all over the field.

#5976 4 years ago

Palmer has never won a playoff game. Pressure getting to him?

#5977 4 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

he's being bullied!

all-of-wisconsin-says_(resized).jpg

#5978 4 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Nope.

#5979 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Warner and Rodgers

OK I think I remember that. Hell, I've watched them all! It's been a long time but right now I'm sitting in the same spot I watched that amazing Dolphins Chargers playoff game in 81. I loved that old Zenith.

#5980 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The pats have looked absolutely terrible the last 6 weeks. 2-4 with 2 losses out the door and a bye week which kills momentum on some occasions. I fully expect the chiefs to win this game.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Vegas loves them some patriots. They aren't going to beat KC.

wrong again

#5981 4 years ago

Who is that lithe and nimble GB #27?

#5982 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, the offensive line couldn't block for the pass so Brady spent a lot of time on his ass. They really couldn't block for the run either. They better get their shit together or KC 's D will be spending a lot of time in the NE backfield.
The floundering fish held the high flying Pats offense to 196 total yards that day while they were trying to lock up home field advantage. The fins ended up with 438 yards.

Looks like the Pats took your advice.

#5983 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Who is that lithe and nimble GB #27?

It's a capable RB wearing a Lacy fat suit. Haha

#5984 4 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Looks like the Pats took your advice.

Barely. A couple lucky bounces and it could have gone the other way. But they did pull it out.

#5985 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's a capable RB wearing a Lacy fat suit. Haha

He's big boned

#5986 4 years ago

Fitzgerald is fantastic. I remember back when he was clearly the best player in college football and the braintrust awarded Jason White the Heisman due to the incredible "which player has the best stats on the top team" system. Oh Heisman voters!

#5987 4 years ago

Wow, what a catch!

#5988 4 years ago

lol what a game!

#5989 4 years ago

Oh......my......god!!!

#5990 4 years ago

Holy balls!

#5991 4 years ago

I believe it was me that said this game was going to be amazing.

#5992 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Wow, what a catch!

You were saying?

#5997 4 years ago

not again! This is unbelievable

#5998 4 years ago

That catch cost me $100
Stupid fuckin defense. Make a play.
Un fucking believable

#5999 4 years ago

Ref can't even flip a coin. Now I've seen everything

#6000 4 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Ref can't even flip a coin. Now I've seen everything

I'd challenge that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, CO
$ 21.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 26916 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 539.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside