• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 11 votes
    7%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 91 votes
    58%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,315 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pats (resized).PNG
you-spelled-lose (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191117-163732~2 (resized).png
A5839A87-6E45-4B70-815D-6A28897DB2A1 (resized).jpeg
CB9C606A-7D97-403E-AFE2-E602614705CC (resized).jpeg
Truth (resized).jpg
3E6276FB-B4AB-4B2F-94D8-F13951D28692 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-004028~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-003943~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191115-175453_Chrome (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191115-103557~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191115-102239~2 (resized).png
LMAO (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg

There are 15904 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 319.
#5851 3 years ago

My picks are
Broncos over steelers
KC over Patriots
Seattle over panthers (go Hawks!)
Packers over cardinals (I'm probably wrong here)

#5852 3 years ago

likethat_(resized).png
hi-res_(resized).jpg

#5853 3 years ago

vikings over panthers
bengals over patriots
twattans over denver
that team from dc over cards

#5854 3 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

vikings over panthers
bengals over patriots
twattans over denver
that team from dc over cards

lol

#5855 3 years ago

Pats are in a bad spot with injuries but I'd not bet against them.

Every single home team is favored to win, and unlike this week they're coming off by week.

I'm a Pats fan so I'd rather have seen the Bungles than the red hot Chiefs, but as Vince Vaughn would say to Tom Brady: "You're money baby"

Brady has lost 16 home games in his career (97 home wins) and he's won more play off games 21 than anyone ever.

Brady is 10-3 after a bye week and Pats are one of 3 teams favored to win the SB

I will concede that KC is playing well, this should be a good game.

#5856 3 years ago

This is why Ryan Shazier wasn't flagged for head shot to Gio Bernard
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
January 9, 2016 10:57 pm ET

It's been tough sledding for the Bengals in Saturday night's wild-card matchup against the Steelers, and this play late in the third quarter sent the Cincinnati players -- and their fans in Paul Brown Stadium -- into a tizzy:

Watch Live Online
Steelers battling Bengals in wild-card game
From CBS sports

On first glance -- and second and third glance -- it sure looks like Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier should have been flagged for this shot to the head against Gio Bernard, who dropped to the turf and fumbled on the play.

But a flag was never thrown and, it turns out, it was the right call.

To recap: once Bernard take two steps, he's no longer considered defenseless, and high hits are perfectly legal ... or was it?

UPDATE: As several people have pointed out, while Bernard does, in fact, become a runner after two steps, Shazier used his helmet "to butt, spear or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily," which is a violation of Rule 12, Section 2, Article 6(i).

And then there's this rule, which could have also applied:

Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8. Initiating Contact With the Crown of the Helmet. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.

Either way, things got worse for the Bengals; the Steelers challenged the play and after an official review, Pittsburgh was awarded the fumble, too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444581/steelers-mike-munchak-facing-significant-fine-for-pulling-reggie-nelsons-hair
great view of munchak pulling nelsons hair.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after the bernard hit, I thought the same thing. Yes, he is a runner, but shazier used his head, helmet to helmet, which I've seen called time and time again this season.

both ryan brothers in buffalo. I'm going to enjoy watching that train wreck next year.

#5857 3 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

This is why Ryan Shazier wasn't flagged for head shot to Gio Bernard
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
January 9, 2016 10:57 pm ET
It's been tough sledding for the Bengals in Saturday night's wild-card matchup against the Steelers, and this play late in the third quarter sent the Cincinnati players -- and their fans in Paul Brown Stadium -- into a tizzy:
Watch Live Online
Steelers battling Bengals in wild-card game
From CBS sports
On first glance -- and second and third glance -- it sure looks like Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier should have been flagged for this shot to the head against Gio Bernard, who dropped to the turf and fumbled on the play.
But a flag was never thrown and, it turns out, it was the right call.
To recap: once Bernard take two steps, he's no longer considered defenseless, and high hits are perfectly legal ... or was it?
UPDATE: As several people have pointed out, while Bernard does, in fact, become a runner after two steps, Shazier used his helmet "to butt, spear or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily," which is a violation of Rule 12, Section 2, Article 6(i).
And then there's this rule, which could have also applied:
Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8. Initiating Contact With the Crown of the Helmet. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.
Either way, things got worse for the Bengals; the Steelers challenged the play and after an official review, Pittsburgh was awarded the fumble, too.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444581/steelers-mike-munchak-facing-significant-fine-for-pulling-reggie-nelsons-hair
great view of munchak pulling nelsons hair.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after the bernard hit, I thought the same thing. Yes, he is a runner, but shazier used his head, helmet to helmet, which I've seen called time and time again this season.
both ryan brothers in buffalo. I'm going to enjoy watching that train wreck next year.

I think it was more helmet to face than helmet to helmet. While most say it was legal, I think that play clearly shows that having 2 steps may not be enough time institute becoming a runner and being able to protect yourself with a helmet to helmet tackle.

And while DZ is right about the PIT coach being on the field, I never did argue it, but others did. My main argument was that jack hat Burfict. Why does a player with so much talent, and so much ability have to do that? There's no excuse, none! he got a game changing sack on Roethelsberger , he got what appeared to be a game winning interception. And threw all those highlights and the game out the door with his emotional need to hurt someone. Jackass, plain and simple.

#5858 3 years ago

Check out this article on Burfect.

What a thug:

Kneeing Ben when he's down.

http://deadspin.com/vontaze-burfict-is-so-dirty-1752214229

#5859 3 years ago

As for my picks :
KC
DEN

CAR
GB

#5860 3 years ago

I know all the road teams won last week, but I am going with all the home teams this week. Sorry flank.

#5861 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Check out this article on Burfect.
What a thug:
Kneeing Ben when he's down.
http://deadspin.com/vontaze-burfict-is-so-dirty-1752214229

Right, and the guy he kneed used to have a penchant for raping coeds. But he's not a "thug," right?

Only a certain kind of player can be a thug, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.

#5862 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right, and the guy he kneed used to have a penchant for raping coeds. But he's not a "thug," right?
Only a certain kind of player can be a thug, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.

If you're implying something racist you couldn't be more wrong and its pretty tasteless for you to insinuate that. From what I recall Ben was never convicted or even CHARGED with a crime and that the woman who made those allegations did so wanting a payout and admitted that fact under heavy questioning.

Nice try though in trying to make something it's not. Remember Ritchie Incognito? Yeah another piece of excrement racist thug who happens to be a certain kind of player, if you know what i mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.

#5863 3 years ago

I'll agree KC is a nice team, especially on D, but let's not get blind by them beating the Texans.

#5864 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'll agree KC is a nice team, especially on D, but let's not get blind by them beating the Texans.

Any given sunday...

#5865 3 years ago

Man. Antonio Brown has already gone through the concussion protocol and is expected to play Sunday. That's surprising as he looked out cold Saturday night.

#5866 3 years ago

KC, still a bit under the radar. Solid D, solid QB, solid coach. I'm thinking people don't expect them to get past Brady. But once they do, watch all the media wake up.

#5867 3 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

KC, still a bit under the radar. Solid D, solid QB, solid coach. I'm thinking people don't expect them to get past Brady. But once they do, watch all the media wake up.

The pats have looked absolutely terrible the last 6 weeks. 2-4 with 2 losses out the door and a bye week which kills momentum on some occasions. I fully expect the chiefs to win this game.

#5868 3 years ago

chiefs 4.5 point underdogs vs pats

#5869 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The pats have looked absolutely terrible the last 6 weeks. 2-4 with 2 losses out the door and a bye week which kills momentum on some occasions. I fully expect the chiefs to win this game.

Bye week does not kill momentum, Belichick and the Pats are 11-4 after bye week, plus they've been resting some key players to get healthy. NE last home loss after a bye was 2002

Pats have lost ONE home game all year and 16 total home games that Brady has started 97-16 record. Brady is 14-3 at home in the play-offs.

If you want to talk about a team looking bad in the regular season, the Packers were 4-6 since their bye week, with one of those wins being the completely improbably hail Mary (after the phantom facemask) pass against Detroit or they could have realistically been 3-7. I mean that Detroit win was very improbable.

Edelman broke his foot Nov 15 and the Pats have been 3-4 since then. Edelman will be back this week, the wheels fell off when he was out Edelman and Gronk are what that team runs thru.

Let's examine those 4 Losses:

Pats lost to Denver in OT in Denver in a snowy game (not exactly a horrible loss)

The Pats *lost* to the Eagles by allowing 3 TDs via turn-overs, punt-return or blocked punt. That's an anomaly and play that game over and the Eagles would lose 9 out of 10 times. If you didn't see it there was a block punt return for TD, a 99 yard int returned for a TD and a 87 punt return for a TD. - Unlucky loss

Pats *lost* to the Jets in OT (after the Pats won the coin toss in OT and elected to kick off and didn't pick the direction to defend) - Dumb loss

Pats lost to Dolphins, didn't play as all out as they could. they rested several key players in order for them to be more in shape for the play-offs. Brady just attempted 21 passes and they ran 27 times at 2.6 yards per rush (the game was called as if it was a scrimmage or just to play it safe)
< http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/01/01/injury-report-patriots-resting-several-injured-players-against-dolphins/ > Edelman might have been able to play but they wanted to give him 2 weeks extra rest/recovery. It was a so-so effort.

I don't think this game will be a so-so effort, I doubt they'll be as unlucky as the Philly game and doubt they'll be as dumb as they were in the Jets game. And they will be more rested and more at full strength than against the Dolphins, and they will be the home team unlike when they played Denver to OT. Plus this will be the Chiefs third consecutive road game.

KC comes in with more injuries from their last game and NE comes in with several key players returning.

I'm not saying it's a cake walk for the Pats, but they are more than likely to win IMO, just like I thought GB was more than likely to beat the high flying Skins.

#5870 3 years ago

I know this has already been discussed over and over but, I just need to vent. I've been a Bengal fan since 1968 but this hurt in more ways than one. We lost not only a playoff game but one against Pittsburg a rival. Much as I detest saying it, I can live with that, we lost penalty or not. I can not abide in the message Marvin Lewis called a news conference. Marvin's Summation...........AL THE PLAYERS FAULT!!! Really!!!!! Hill Fumbled, Burfict penalized, Adam Jones (unjustly Flagged) check, check the #ucking mirror Marvin, You are the reason we lost that game!!!! We got the turnover in or very near the damn end zone with a 1:39 and you called a run play.....Trying to force Pitt to use the time outs BULLSHIT! YOU CHOKED! We cant win because you can't make critical play calls when needed. You could have simply had AJ Neal for three then kick a field goal which would have meant Pitt needs a touch down to win.......no excuse this would have prevented the fumble, the penalties and Pitt would have had to get 7 to win. Think that's how a competent coach would act....get the points, lean on the defense that has given you the opportunity to score. Marvin needs to learn a little of that integrity and ACCOUNTABILITY he so loudly touts. Been through some very good and a lot of very bad seasons with the Bengals but, I'm not sure I can if Marvin continues as our leader, I can continue to be a fan.
A #issed off fan

#5871 3 years ago

It is all the players fault, Hill should not have been fighting for extra yards, Hill and Burfict lost the game not the HC. HC didn't tell Hill to fumble or Burfict to decapitate Antonio Brown.

Pac-man, sorry you can't get physical with the refs. I don't care if Osama Bin Laden was on the field from the other team, you can't go thru a ref to get at him. That's the one truth I know about football and I've been watching for 30+ years.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444386/what-happened-between-adam-jones-joey-porter-at-end-of-steelers-bengals

if you look at the video on this page (middle of the page) Jones clearly is getting physical with the officials. Ref throws the flag immediately as Jones contacts them

#5872 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I know this has already been discussed over and over but, I just need to vent. I've been a Bengal fan since 1968 but this hurt in more ways than one. We lost not only a playoff game but one against Pittsburg a rival. Much as I detest saying it, I can live with that, we lost penalty or not. I can not abide in the message Marvin Lewis called a news conference. Marvin's Summation...........AL THE PLAYERS FAULT!!! Really!!!!! Hill Fumbled, Burfict penalized, Adam Jones (unjustly Flagged) check, check the #ucking mirror Marvin, You are the reason we lost that game!!!! We got the turnover in or very near the damn end zone with a 1:39 and you called a run play.....Trying to force Pitt to use the time outs BULLSHIT! YOU CHOKED! We cant win because you can't make critical play calls when needed. You could have simply had AJ Neal for three then kick a field goal which would have meant Pitt needs a touch down to win.......no excuse this would have prevented the fumble, the penalties and Pitt would have had to get 7 to win. Think that's how a competent coach would act....get the points, lean on the defense that has given you the opportunity to score. Marvin needs to learn a little of that integrity and ACCOUNTABILITY he so loudly touts. Been through some very good and a lot of very bad seasons with the Bengals but, I'm not sure I can if Marvin continues as our leader, I can continue to be a fan.
A #issed off fan

Sorry dude. Completely disagree that they should've kneeled. The right call was running. Bad call by hill to fight for extra yards when there was no need to.

#5873 3 years ago

Would you rather see your team get bounced from the playoffs on a gut wrencher like the Vikings/Bengals went out or just get completely demolished like the Texans?

Id take the gut wrencher personally, it rots your brain and gives you the hard initial kick in the balls but at least your team competed and belonged there.

#5874 3 years ago

I said to my friend he's a Redskins season ticket holder, it's better to lose going away like the Skins than to lose like the Bengals or the Vikes.

He agrees, he was in his car with 8 minutes to go.

#5875 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Would you rather see your team get bounced from the playoffs on a gut wrencher like the Vikings/Bengals went out or just get completely demolished like the Texans?
Id take the gut wrencher personally, it rots your brain and gives you the hard initial kick in the balls but at least your team competed and belonged there.

Completely agree. The bengals have it away, but they had another great regular season and I have faith that they will be right back there next year. 6th time's the charm!!

#5876 3 years ago

Does anyone else find the irony in the fact Pezpunk is a Redskin fan?

#5877 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Does anyone else find the irony in the fact Pezpunk is a Redskin fan?

That explains his man crush on Jordan Reed. Haha

#5878 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That explains his man crush on Jordan Reed. Haha

Captain PC loves his team with the racist name, fun stuff.

#5879 3 years ago

Not a bengals or steeler fan, but thats gotta hurt. But then again, minn game had to hurt too. Armchair quarterback in me says cinc should have kneeled down. Steelers stacked the line and bengals weren't going to get any yardage anyway. take the time off the clock. But it is what it is. That game had everything.
I hate to bet against brady, but they are banged up and KC has great defense. coaches know each other. Looking forward to a great game. But think KC just wins by a point.

on a side note, enjoying the 30/30 series detailing the bills 4 super bowl losses.

#5880 3 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Steelers stacked the line and bengals weren't going to get any yardage anyway.

5 yard gain before the attempt to get some extra yards. That leaves a 2 and 5 with one to two more runs to win the game. If they are in the exact same situation next year I hope they make the same decision. Except hold on to the ball.

#5881 3 years ago

Denver over Pittsburgh
New England over Kansas City
Carolina over Seattle
Green Bay over Arizona

#5882 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Well you can just go ahead and call me Ray Charles then since I was in 8th grade the last time my team won a playoff game!!

Hoping for a great game but going to be tough beating pats at home for sure.

#5883 3 years ago

I'll just pick all the home teams

#5884 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sometimes gut wrenchers can motivate a team next year and sometimes teams can implode. I would take the gut wrencher rather than the blowout.

My picks are gonna be:
Arizona
Carolina
Denver
KC

#5885 3 years ago

I would prefer being blown out to what happened in Minn/Cincy. At least then you can say well it wasn't our day, it brought to light a lot of needed improvements, I would expect it much closer next time, no team is 30 pts worse than another team, etc. Those meltdowns where a team beats itself are much more excruciating.

Going Pack/Panthers/Pats/Steelers

#5886 3 years ago

I think I'd rather get blown out.. maybe that's just because the Pack has had quite a few tough playoff losses. I still think about them. If we got blown out, it'd probably slip my mind and wouldn't cause me to wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

DEN
KC
SEA
GB

#5887 3 years ago

Seattle over Carolina
Arizona over Green Bay
Kansas City over New England
Denver over Pittsburgh

#5888 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

5 yard gain before the attempt to get some extra yards. That leaves a 2 and 5 with one to two more runs to win the game. If they are in the exact same situation next year I hope they make the same decision. Except hold on to the ball.

Time management is what you're talking and with three time outs left Pitt would not have had better than 45-50 seconds even if they use them. Doesn't fly........Running was not the best move given the 1:39 on that clock. A field goal in this instance given the fact they must drive the length of the field is a no-brainer

#5889 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Time management is what you're talking and with three time outs left Pitt would not have had better than 45-50 seconds even if they use them. Doesn't fly........Running was not the best move given the 1:39 on that clock. A field goal in this instance given the fact they must drive the length of the field is a no-brainer

You're assuming they make the 45 yard field goal in the cold and rain.

Sorry but I have seen Nugent miss way more field goals than Hill fumble the game away. Plus if the field goal is missed, the steelers have the ball with 1:40 or so at around half field and all they need it a FG.

Sorry. Not going to convince me that kneeling down wouldve been the better call there.

#5890 3 years ago

Even Vegas agrees with me that the pats are going to lose.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14550032/arizona-cardinals-emerge-super-bowl-50-favorites-las-vegas

Sorry Flank...

Odds To Win Super Bowl 50
TEAM ODDS
Cardinals 3-1
Patriots 4-1
Panthers 4-1
Broncos 5-1
Seahawks 6-1
Chiefs 10-1
Steelers 12-1
Packers 18-1

#5891 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14550032/arizona-cardinals-emerge-super-bowl-50-favorites-las-vegas
Sorry Flank...
TEAM ODDS
Cardinals 3-1
Patriots 4-1
Panthers 4-1
Broncos 5-1
Seahawks 6-1
Chiefs 10-1
Steelers 12-1
Packers 18-1

Shit I need to roll out to Vegas and put a C note on KC & the PACK. I'll take them if that's really the odds

#5892 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Sorry Flank...
TEAM ODDS
Cardinals 3-1
Patriots 4-1
Panthers 4-1
Broncos 5-1
Seahawks 6-1
Chiefs 10-1
Steelers 12-1
Packers 18-1

Pats are favored More than KC

#5893 3 years ago

a few homers could be feeling good. If the packers can bring that last 3 quarters into some playoff momentum then they could still be a contender for the SB. They do have all the pieces and a the biggest wild card in my mind. Lots of experience and they do well under pressure.

#5894 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Pats are favored More than KC

Vegas loves them some patriots. They aren't going to beat KC.

#5895 3 years ago

I got cardinals at 5 to 1 2 weeks ago. $250 =$1250.
also layed $300 paying $450 for Cam Newton MVP.

Nicky Satan just won 5. Only 1 behind bear bryant. What a ugly trophy. What happened to the crystal football?

#5896 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Vegas loves them some patriots. They aren't going to beat KC.

KC is very good they've beat a lot of excellent teams. This is the game I'm looking forward to the most.

#5897 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

I got cardinals at 5 to 1 2 weeks ago. $250 =$1250.
also layed $300 paying $450 for Cam Newton MVP.
Nicky Satan just won 5. Only 1 behind bear bryant. What a ugly trophy. What happened to the crystal football?

I think they got tired of it breaking. I thought it was a great looking trophy though.

Check this out. Best line: "The only thing to win out of Ohio is Roethlisberger and God got him out of that state. He took him in a little basket like baby Moses, floated him right down the river, right to Coach Cowher."

#5898 3 years ago

Ya ya. Bengals will be back next year and hopefully they'll get the last laugh for once.

#5899 3 years ago

Say Hello to the L.A. Rams.. Sorry St. Louis. Chargers going to share the stadium it looks like.

#5900 3 years ago

That's worst case scenario. I hate it. Let's let them try to support one team before we throw two out there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 24.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 30.00
Pinball Machine
Habos Arcade
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 15904 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 319.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside