• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 11 votes
    7%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 91 votes
    58%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,315 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pats (resized).PNG
you-spelled-lose (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191117-163732~2 (resized).png
A5839A87-6E45-4B70-815D-6A28897DB2A1 (resized).jpeg
CB9C606A-7D97-403E-AFE2-E602614705CC (resized).jpeg
Truth (resized).jpg
3E6276FB-B4AB-4B2F-94D8-F13951D28692 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-004028~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191116-003943~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191115-175453_Chrome (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191115-103557~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191115-102239~2 (resized).png
LMAO (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg

There are 15896 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 318.
#5751 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I'm not talking about the Burfict hit on Brown. Already made my statement on that. Though it was about as flagrant as the Pittsburgh hit on Bernard, which was non called just a few minutes earlier. Pot kettle black. On top of that flagrant hit Pittsburgh was happy to throw the challenge flag to get the ball after review saying there was a the fumble during that head hit. Sad.
At least watch the video I posted showing what preceded and caused the Pacman Jones call. Decide for yourself.

You mean the LEGAL hit that should have been a TD from the fumble recovery?
In either case, I have no pony in the race. I was merely an outside spectator as a fan of the sport but after seeing the way The fans were acting towards their own home team and to injured opponents, tack on how Adolescent Burfict was acting and then seeing Ben come back into the game, I had no sympathy for the bengals losing. I just hope Marvin & Dalton gets a chance to do it next season.

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And yeah the NFC east sucks shit. It's the new afc south.

Except there's still the AFC South.

#5753 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You mean the LEGAL hit that should have been a TD from the fumble recovery?
In either case, I have no pony in the race. I was merely an outside spectator as a fan of the sport but after seeing the way The fans were acting towards their own home team and to injured opponents, tack on how Adolescent Burfict was acting and then seeing Ben come back into the game, I had no sympathy for the bengals losing. I just hope Marvin & Dalton gets a chance to do it next season.

UR blind or ignorant if you think that helmet to helmet receiver hit was legal. lol. The Bengals were even called on a much less significant helmet to helmet receiver hit earlier in the game. Consistency is key to officiating and to fairness, but there was no consistency in this game so it wasn't very fairly contested. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not surprised the fans showed their displeasure. I have no pony in the game either, and am not a fan of Cinci over Pittsburgh. Just calling what I saw.

#5754 3 years ago

Just remember, blaming the zebra's for a loss is the Bear way to do that, don't go that route.

#5755 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just remember, blaming the zebra's for a loss is the Bear way to do that, don't go that route.

I agree. There were huge Cinci plays that affected the game. They have to live with the way their play and actions ended things.

Unfortunately there were also huge referee inconsistency issues that affected the game in a very very big way. This outside influence should not happen, at least not so significantly. The NFL and NFL fans deserve better.

#5756 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I agree. There were huge Cinci plays that affected the game. They have to live with the way their play and actions ended things.
Unfortunately there were also huge ref inconsistency issues that affected the game in a very very big way. This outside influence should not happen, at least not so significantly. The NFL and NFL fans deserve better.

Hey man, you are preaching to the choir. I lived through that fail Mary and was just talking about that with my Mrs.

Just had to let it go, it's over and done with, can't change it.

Go Seahawks tomorrow!

#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

UR blind or ignorant if you think that helmet to helmet receiver hit was legal. lol. The Bengals were even called on a much less significant helmet to helmet receiver hit earlier in the game. Consistency is key to officiating and to fairness, but there was no consistency in this game so it wasn't very fairly contested. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not surprised the fans showed their displeasure. I have no pony in the game either, and am not a fan of Cinci over Pittsburgh. Just calling what I saw.

This is my last statement on this game cause like I said I have no pony in the race. But i think the announcers said it best and even went to their officiating announcer dude on that hit and all agreed it was a legal hit, that once a receiver gains control and becomes a runner, the hit becomes legal. I'm not saying it's good or bad, Just legal. So cincy got away with a no TD turnover. And the announcers said it right at the end too, something to the matter of you can't blame the officials for this game, they've done everything they could to warn cincy players of their lost emotions.

#5758 3 years ago

Alright, I'm ready to watch my Hawks destroy the Vikings tomorrow!

#5759 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

That burfict hit on brown was terrible.

he's a pus and I can't believe he wasn't disqualified. (not that it matters at that time), but if refs start disqualifying guys who are going into the other teams benches and starting shit then these thugs wouldn't be around to hit a good guy like Brown in the head. Totally think he should be suspended multiple games next year.

I think his hit on Ben was OK, but he was playing with fire and I think there might have been cause to eject him before the hit on Brown.

I think the hit by Shazier on the Benard was legal, but I don't like people being hit in the head and I think that rule should be reexamined for all players not just people in the act of catching the ball.

#5760 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

UR blind or ignorant if you think that helmet to helmet receiver hit was legal. lol. The Bengals were even called on a much less significant helmet to helmet receiver hit earlier in the game. Consistency is key to officiating and to fairness, but there was no consistency in this game so it wasn't very fairly contested. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not surprised the fans showed their displeasure. I have no pony the game either, and am not a fan of Cinci over Pittsburgh. Just calling what I saw.

Careful who you say is ignorant, because you are in this case because the hit on Bernard was legal. He caught the ball 2 steps, turned around and took another 2 steps he was a runner. Period end of discussion.

I don't like the hit on Benard I said that above, but it was legal. He was not defenseless or in the act of catching the ball.

The hit you said earlier that was called on Cincy forget who the Pitt receiver was but he was in the act of catching the ball so you can't hit him in the head even by accident. It don't matter how vicious the hit is, it ONLY matters if the guy is in the act of catching the ball or like Brown who didn't have the ball ever.

You can't hit a guy in the head or neck period if he is catching the ball, Bernard had caught the ball already and was a runner so therefore it's legal to hit him in the head.

I don't like that, but it's perfectly legal. You can hit a RB or WR or even a QB in the head if they are running with the ball.

#5761 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

You are ... I'm sorry, UR clearly ignorant of the rules.

As a RUNNER, which he was at the time, that hit was legal.

#5762 3 years ago

Cincy has one too many THUGS on that defense. Repeat offenders and they should be gone. Unfortunately ML will probably take the fall for these THUGS. This is the type of thing that can tear a team apart! Feel bad for Cincy but it seems like Ohio teams are doomed in one way or another... GO BUCKEYES!

#5763 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Cincy has one too many THUGS on that defense. Repeat offenders and they should be gone. Unfortunately ML will probably take the fall for these THUGS. This is the type of thing that can tear a team apart! Feel bad for Cincy but it seems like Ohio teams are doomed in one way or another... GO BUCKEYES!

Marvin Lewis shouldn't have brought all these THUGS on to his team. He's responsible. These guys behaved exactly as everybody expects them to.

He also completely lost control of his team at the season's most important moment.

It should cost him his job.

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I called it right. It was the Steelers linebackers coach Porter on the field beaking in the face of Cinci players. Coaches are not allowed on the play field, and a linebacker coach on the field with a wide receiver injury. Wow. This action, with Adam pacman Jones taking offense, results in the penalty against Jones and can be found here. Starting at 3:22.
» YouTube video
I saw some terrible officiating with Pittsburgh getting away with some significant poor conduct leading up to and including these plays. Sad. Even called it out in my live time posts on the last page.
The video also shows what just preceded it around 1:00+. Burfict puts a conciliatory hand on Brown's shoulder, a steelers attendant pushes him away, and on the right side Porter is beaking with bengals players.

Saw that, couldn't see what was happening maybe they'll have more footage, I'm sure Porter should not have been on the field but I see coaches all the time go on the field when a player is injured. I don't know what Jones did but it looked like hew as trying to go after Porter and sometimes it's the second act that gets noticed. Anyway was not smart football by Cincy and I'm glad they lost again. Hope Marvin Lewis doesn't get fired because he's a good guy.

#5765 3 years ago

What's Burfects story? I seem to recall he has some history but can't recall. Jones doesn't seem like a thug but Burfect should be suspended for a while IMO.

#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Marvin Lewis shouldn't have brought all these THUGS on to his team. He's responsible. These guys behaved exactly as everybody expects them to.
He also completely lost control of his team at the season's most important moment.
It should cost him his job.

I agree, I pretty much said this in my last couple of posts above. I like ML and hate to see him go but he definitely has some responsibility here. Not all of it but some of it. Plus another playoff one and done for ML... just can't see him keeping his job.

#5767 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's Burfects story? I seem to recall he has some history but can't recall. Jones doesn't seem like a thug but Burfect should be suspended for a while IMO.

Burfict has no story. Firey on the field, not a single off the field issue to my knowledge. Pacman is a whole different story. He has taken steps to learn from his mistakes off the field, but still has gotten into trouble here and there.

Pacman and Burfict are just those types of dirty players that every non fan hates and if they are on the team you root for you're going to apologize for them.

Also, the Hill fumble lost the bengal cats the game, nothing else matters IMO.

#5768 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Plus another playoff one and done for ML... just can't see him keeping his job.

Mike brown can. Haha

#5769 3 years ago

Yes, I know hard hitters like Shazier are not liked by other team's fans. Plus Shazier was celebrating his KO of another player I don't like that. It was a legal hit but come on it was not very nice, he could have tackled Bernard by hitting him lower. I think that rule should be addressed. I don't like to see runners get hit in the head.

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

PFT reports that Washington is looking to franchise tag Cousins. Hard core if true.

Makes sense. They have to i guess? Who else would they pick up if he left for free agency. His stock has risen a bit. Not like Matt Cassell's did when it filled in for brady but i guess hes better than Hoyer or Bradford?

#5771 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Except there's still the AFC South.

Indy at least makes the AFC south interesting when Luck is playing well and isn't hurt.

#5772 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Makes sense. They have to i guess? Who else would they pick up if he left for free agency. His stock has risen a bit. Not like Matt Cassell's did when it filled in for brady but i guess hes better than Hoyer or Bradford?

Why wouldn't they? The qb market is shit and Kirk has played like a franchise qb this season. He'll have lots of suitors if he makes it to FA.

Is he the real deal or flash in the pan? Far too risky to gamble he isn't the real deal. Worth the risk of a one year franchise tag.

Hopefully they'll work out a long-term deal, but regardless he isn't going anywhere. Rg3 will be cut very soon.

#5773 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Burfict has no story. Firey on the field, not a single off the field issue to my knowledge. Pacman is a whole different story. He has taken steps to learn from his mistakes off the field, but still has gotten into trouble here and there.
Pacman and Burfict are just those types of dirty players that every non fan hates and if they are on the team you root for you're going to apologize for them.
Also, the Hill fumble lost the bengal cats the game, nothing else matters IMO.

I don't think a real fan will root for them even if they are on your team. My teams from all sports have had plenty of piece of shit players (*COUGH*AROD/Clemens/Etc.*COUGH*) and I would cheer for them to get taken out. I guess i respect the games too much to allow that shit even at the cost of a win or two.

Pacman Jones, Ndamukang Suh, Greg Hardy, etc.. All pieces of shit. There are plenty of off the field pieces of shit I wouldn't want either.

#5774 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why wouldn't they? The qb market is shit and Kirk has played like a franchise qb this season. He'll have lots of suitors if he makes it to FA.
Is he the real deal or flash in the pan? Far too risky to gamble he isn't the real deal. Worth the risk of a one year franchise tag.
Hopefully they'll work out a long-term deal, but regardless he isn't going anywhere. Rg3 will be cut very soon.

Exactly. That's what I said. There is nothing on the market. They have no choice but to tag him otherwise they will be stuck with some 4th stringer next year.

#5775 3 years ago

It was alleged Burfect was celebrating when Bell tore up his knee earlier in the year and he's been fined numerous times for helmet to helmet hits

--

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict will surely receive league discipline for his hit to the head that gave Steelers receiver Antonio Brown a concussion. But Burfict’s discipline may not simply be the routine fine that players regularly get for helmet-to-helmet hits.

NFL discipline is designed to come down harder on repeat offenders, and Burfict’s status as a repeat offender could lead to a suspension.

Burfict was fined for three different penalties he committed the last time he played the Steelers, one low hit on Ben Roethlisberger and two unnecessary roughness calls.

In 2014, Burfict was fined $25,000 for twisting the ankles of Panthers players. In that incident, many thought Burfict got off easy, and Panthers players openly called for Burfict to be suspended.

In 2013, Burfict was fined $31,000 after one game and $21,000 after another for multiple violations, including two separate hits to the head and neck area of opposing players.

#5776 3 years ago

Still can't get over that game. Man, the term Bungles really applies here. What a cluster all the way around.

#5777 3 years ago

Yep. Burfict and Suh operate under a whole different mindset. They are dirty players. But they also make a lot of positive plays that win games. Hence teams want them.

#5778 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is my last statement on this game cause like I said I have no pony in the race. But i think the announcers said it best and even went to their officiating announcer dude on that hit and all agreed it was a legal hit, that once a receiver gains control and becomes a runner, the hit becomes legal. I'm not saying it's good or bad, Just legal.

Quoted from rai:

I think the hit by Shazier on the Benard was legal, but I don't like people being hit in the head and I think that rule should be reexamined for all players not just people in the act of catching the ball.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are ... I'm sorry, UR clearly ignorant of the rules.
As a RUNNER, which he was at the time, that hit was legal.

LOL Crazy Levi, let me enlighten your ignorance.

People here are completely missing rules. I'm not talking about the runner rule. Shazier (Pitts) was leading with the crown of the helmet in that tackle, big time. Watch the replays and you will see Shazier lower his head, a lot, and use the crown of his helmet as the contact point in the tackle. It is a penalty at that point. It wasn't a legal hit. PFT and many others have reported or discussed such. The NFL has made these types hits a major point of enforcement the last few years. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/06/nfl-officiating-video-stresses-new-crown-of-the-helmet-rule/ These are very dangerous hits. And it was a total non call in the game.

I'm happy leave this discussion at that.

Quoted from rai:

Saw that, couldn't see what was happening maybe they'll have more footage, I'm sure Porter should not have been on the field but I see coaches all the time go on the field when a player is injured.

There is some other footage being shown out there showing it. Definitely has been picked up by other people and reporters, with discussions on TV and the net / football reporting sites. It isn't coaches you've seen before imo, it is designated team attendees, as per the nfl rulebook. They are the support and health staff. Not position coaches or other coaches on the team. Chris Berman just now on Sunday NFL Countdown noted that Porter (Pitts coach) should not have been on the field when that penalty was drawn.

#5779 3 years ago

I have been reading that you are correct that leading with the helmet is a foul, but it's not called (rarely) I've never seen it called. It's not like the 'defenseless receiver' rule.

So I do change my mind that the Shazier hit was not legal, but it's like traveling in Basketball or like holding in football you can call it on every play. I hope this becomes a point of emphasis now, but overall this is never called. I have never seen it called except when a player is in the act of making a catch.

And Burfict hit on Brown was just head hunting, the Shazier hit was more of an incidental or football tackle.

#5780 3 years ago

You used soft language Rai ("think") in your post which is smart. My direct reply was meant more to the other two members I quoted. I just thought you'd like to know where I was drawing my differing conclusions from so I included you in the quote.

I will note that lowering the head to use the helmet in a tackle is not incidental. Tackling coaching has through the entire careers of these players, from pee wee to the pros, strongly taught that the head should not be lowered as part of tackling. It is very dangerous and people can fracture their spinal cord. Doing that is playing with fire. Chris Berg in a State of Play episode talks about such hits and includes extended interviews with NFL officiating and representatives including Goodell, as well as a young football player who became paralyzed on a such a hit. State of Play is a great sports documentary show. Watch it if you can. That episode is called culture shock. Scary hits man. And that PFT link shows how seriously the NFL takes it. Highlighted in fact to a major point of enforcement, and notification to all teams.

#5781 3 years ago

Would you agree that the Shazier hit while *illegal* is rarely called. And in Basketball traveling is *illegal* but rarely called.

Not saying it's the same thing, but sometimes an illegal play is not called. But hitting a player in the head in the act of making a catch is always called.

#5782 3 years ago

Rai, I'm not sure that Burfict hit on Brown is as black and white as head hunting. Just throwing out an alternate view point. It was a bang bang super fast play so these guys can't adjust themselves quickly enough to the last half second body position changes I see happening in the replays. I saw Burfict coming in low as they are supposed to now to avoid a head hit, but Brown ended up lowering himself too after he missed the ball, which caused the head hit. They way it came out, such a play is going to get flagged all the time, but I can't confidently say it was head hunting. Here are some former great nfl players discussing as much too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/tomlinson-sanders-demonstrate-burfict-hit-051421329.html
Same vid but another link
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000620215/Deion-and-LT-debate-Burfict-hit-on-Brown

'

Quoted from rai:

Would you agree that the Shazier hit while *illegal* is rarely called. And in Basketball traveling is *illegal* but rarely called.
Not saying it's the same thing, but sometimes an illegal play is not called. But hitting a player in the head in the act of making a catch is always called.

I'd say that leading with the crown of the helmet calls are usually called in NFL games, and most notably for the last 2-3 years when such head hits became much more contentious. That is why I found this one particularly hard to understand. The hit was wide open, easily viewed and put Bernard out with a concussion or concussion protocol.

#5783 3 years ago

Schefter of PFT and NFL Sunday Countdown is now reporting that Porter who was the Steelers coach on the play field who got into with with Cinci players and Pacman Jones will be fined by the NFL. Schefter noted that no nfl coaches are allowed on the playfield.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14541212

#5784 3 years ago

2 more division winners seasons ending today? Oh yes, I can feel it!

How nice is it going to be sitting on your couch for this Hawks game?

#5785 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Schefter of PFT and NFL Sunday Countdown is now reporting that Porter who was the Steelers coach on the play field who got into with with Cinci players and Pacman Jones will be fined by the NFL. Schefter noted that no nfl coaches are allowed on the playfield.

And everybody else noted that jones is a moron for going after the coach, causing the bengals to lose on a chip shot field goal, and humiliating himself and his team.

It was also noted that Porter is laughing all the way back to Pittsburgh, in full belief that the $10,000 or whatever he'll be fined was well worth causing immature jackass Jones to cost his team the game.

It was also reported that the news of the impending fine on Porter is doing little to nothing to stem the flow of tears from the eyes of hungover Bengals fans, or stunt the unbridled joy of steelers fans.

You like that!!!

#5786 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

By rule but they are on the field often during injuries and it never gets flagged.

#5787 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Rai, I'm not sure that Burfict hit on Brown is as black and white as head hunting. Just throwing out an alternate view point. It was a bang bang super fast play so these guys can't adjust themselves quickly enough to the last half second body position changes I see happening in the replays. I saw Burfict coming in low as they are supposed to now to avoid a head hit, but Brown ended up lowering himself too after he missed the ball, which caused the head hit. They way it came out, such a play is going to get flagged all the time, but I can't confidently say it was head hunting. Here are some former great nfl players discussing as much too.
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/tomlinson-sanders-demonstrate-burfict-hit-051421329.html
Same vid but another link
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000620215/Deion-and-LT-debate-Burfict-hit-on-Brown
'

I'd say that leading with the crown of the helmet calls are usually called in NFL games, and most notably for the last 2-3 years when such head hits became much more contentious. That is why I found this one particularly hard to understand. The hit was wide open, easily viewed and put Bernard out with a concussion or concussion protocol.

Dion is dead wrong, he makes no sense at all in that video, it's like he wants to argue that the hit was an accident but he has no proof so he just talks louder like that will win the argument lol. Just because one person says it was not head hunting does not mean it was not head hunting.

Also, as I posted Burfict has been fined many times in the past for dirty play and specifically twice in 2013 for helmet to helmet hits.

He has lost the 'it was an accident' excuse from now till the end of time.

#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Dion is dead wrong. Just because one person says it was not head hunting does not mean it was not head hunting.
Also, as I posted Burfict has been fined many times in the past for dirty play and specifically twice in 2013 for helmet to helmet hits.
He has lost the 'it was an accident' excuse from now till the end of time.

I just don't think the hit was as black and white as that. And I can't fault you for your differing opinion on such a subjective thing.

You are right though. Burfict's history means he will get zero "benefit of the doubt". As it generally should be.

#5789 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I remember helmet to helmet hits being called with regularity long ago when I watched a lot of football. I didn't watch very much this year but I was very surprised that wasn't called. What made it worse for me was the ref had to watch the replay and didn't fix the non-call. Helmet to helmet seems like such a black and white call that even if they are not normally allowed to fix penalties in replay they should be able to fix that one.
Overall I didn't think the officiating was that bad. There are going to be a couple of missed calls every game and I don't think the ones missed affected the game's outcome as much as the behavior of the Bengals. And what's more frustrating are the guys that were responsible for the penalties that threw the game away were also the guys who made the biggest plays to put the Bengals in position to win.

#5790 3 years ago

Adrian is a bit of a fumbler......slow game but finally getting going now.

#5791 3 years ago

Alright Seahawks, lets take this home! Don't let them get that FG.

#5792 3 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Alright Seahawks, lets take this home! Don't let them get that FG.

Woof, Vikings might pull this out.

#5793 3 years ago

Ist half snoozer. 2nd half is good. Seattle not winning by 4 costs me $100 so screw them. Go Vikings

#5794 3 years ago

Unbelievable. Go figure

#5795 3 years ago

L O Fucking L!!!!!!

#5796 3 years ago

Oooooooooooon BABY!!!! Well take it!

#5797 3 years ago

LACES OUT!!!!!

#5799 3 years ago

Hawks luck out but better team won...

#5800 3 years ago

FUCK! Only the Vikings could fuck that up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 24.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
There are 15896 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 318.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside