pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,144 of 1,516.
#57151 1 year ago

Fkn Lions man. I guess they didn't learn a thing after Goodell dropped the ban hammer on Calvin Ridley

#57152 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

ESPN trying to get me interested in NBA playoffs when I just want to hear about draft predictions.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

There’s some good hockey being played now if you can get into it. Just to pass the time.

#57153 1 year ago

Washington backup DL Shaka Toney also banned for the year.

Idiot. This probably ends his career.

I doubt Washington will have any trouble replacing him. Hes a special teams guy.

The league - and especially the union - needs to do a better job scaring these guys straight. USe a betting app, end your career. It's that simple.

Gamble when you retire.

#57154 1 year ago

Yep.. what a bunch of idiots!

Screenshot_20230421_095340_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230421_095340_Instagram (resized).jpg
#57155 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There’s some good hockey being played now if you can get into it. Just to pass the time.

Bobby just can't get into the draft hype anymore because his team always picks late.

Plenty of smoke and lies for the rest of us! Did you hear about Stroud's S2 Cognition™ results? All-time low!

#57156 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Fkn Lions man. I guess they didn't learn a thing after Goodell dropped the ban hammer on Calvin Ridley

Yikes.
That's how you turn pre season darling to dud.
Jamo noooo! What does "placing non nfl bets from an NFL facility mean?"

#57157 1 year ago

What's with the differing degrees of penalty?

#57158 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What's with the differing degrees of penalty?

Two bet on NFL games, two bet on college games while physically present at the Lions facilities.

Apparently all 4 too stupid to have their buddy make a FanDuel account

#57159 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Two bet on NFL games, two bet on college games while physically present at the Lions facilities.

Jamo starting to head down the old Lions WR path
I was at a child's bday party the week a x some kid was rocking a Charles Rodgers uni

#57160 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I saw a drunk trip and spill a full four-cup tray of beers all over a little girl and her mom. Luckily I was in college with no kids of my own so this all seemed enchanting.

Ha ha ha ha!

#57161 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Seeks so simple yet they chose otherwise.. Life changing decision

#57162 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Seeks so simple yet they chose otherwise.. Life changing decision

It goes back to the very beginning; This is the kind of dumb shit that happens when you have ex players in ALL coaching positions.

#57163 1 year ago

One year ago today was 365 days ago.

#57164 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

One year ago today was 365 days ago.

Thank you Mr Obvious.

#57165 1 year ago

Time for a quick google hits showdown: Mr. Obvious vs. (the heavily favored) Captain Obvious:

Mr. Obvious: 100k hits
Captain Obvious: 1 million hits

Captain Obvious wins 10 to 1.

Is it preseason yet? I got better things to do with my time...

-mof

#57166 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

I don't think so.

#57167 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Time for a quick google hits showdown: Mr. Obvious vs. (the heavily favored) Captain Obvious:
Mr. Obvious: 100k hits
Captain Obvious: 1 million hits
-mof

Taje heart. The draft is coming Thursday. Less than 4 days away.

#57168 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Thank you Mr Obvious.

Quoted from mof:

Tomdrum misreads the meme? Or is he handing out demotions? No one’s safe!

#57169 1 year ago

A week from now we will all review our teams' fresh new depth charts and conclude the superbowl is the only realistic possibility

Congrats in advance!

#57170 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

A week from now we will all review our teams' fresh new depth charts and conclude the superbowl is the only realistic possibility
Congrats in advance!

Except the Browns.

#57171 1 year ago

The NFL draft starts this Thursday, Apr 27th at 5pm and runs through Saturday. I expect a major uptick in conversation here as it starts.

#57172 1 year ago

8pm. This is an Eastern Time Zone thread buddy!

#57173 1 year ago

Rodgers to the Jets is official today. Swapping 1st round picks this year and Packers get a 1st round pick next year if plays 65% of snaps this year.

#57174 1 year ago

Jets get him and a first for two firsts, a second, and a sixth.

So funny how the pack also dumped their last aging malcontent on the jets.

Will be fun to watch but I think it’ll be a mess.

#57175 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Rodgers to the Jets is official today

After the rabbit's foot they've been sitting on for 20+ years at the QB position -- I mean the Packers are way overdue for a breath of fresh air like another 20 years straight of [Dickey, Whitehurst, Wright, and Majkowski]

I mean the Niners just went 22 years without having a "the guy" and they at least were able to lose 2 superbowls.

#57176 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

8pm. This is an Eastern Time Zone thread buddy!

Keep em straight @thelaw!

#57177 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

After the rabbit's foot they've been sitting on for 20+ years at the QB position -- I mean the Packers are way overdue for a breath of fresh air like another 20 years straight of [Dickey, Whitehurst, Wright, and Majkowski]
I mean the Niners just went 22 years without having a "the guy" and they at least were able to lose 2 superbowls.

30 year and 2 rings, the only other modern era team with back to back HoF QBs was the 49ers. They won 5 rings in a span of 12 years.

#57179 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

the only other modern era team with back to back HoF QBs was the 49ers.

Well... technically yes, but Plunkett is the only QB not in the HoF with 2 rings. I realize his stats were just "average", but I thought he was clutch for 4-5 years to earn those 2 rings, even if the stats weren't HoF level.

Stabler to Plunkett was a smooth hand off, even if it meant Pastorini getting hurt to make all the magic happenstance happen.

1973-1986 (14 years of a good run), and 3 rings.

#57180 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Well... technically yes, but Plunkett is the only QB not in the HoF with 2 rings. I realize his stats were just "average", but I thought he was clutch for 4-5 years to earn those 2 rings, even if the stats weren't HoF level.
Stabler to Plunkett was a smooth hand off, even if it meant Pastorini getting hurt to make all the magic happenstance happen.
1973-1986 (14 years of a good run), and 3 rings.

Plunkett had a few real good seasons, but not HoF worthy. He had 30 more career ints than TDs.

#57181 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

30 year and 2 rings, the only other modern era team with back to back HoF QBs was the 49ers. They won 5 rings in a span of 12 years.

How many nuts would you give for 2 SBs? It was glorious, and I loved every minute of it.

#57182 1 year ago

Really happy with the haul today. Expectation were high after wilson, but realistically this is as good as it gets.

#57183 1 year ago

Rodgers wearing #8 with the Jets since Namath's #12 is retired. Fitting since he's 2/3rds the player he was.

#57184 1 year ago

I can see why the Jets made this happen. They still suck though.

#57185 1 year ago

Really happy with the haul today. Expectation were high after wilson, but realistically this is as good as it gets.

Yeah I think the pack did well. They would have done much better if they did this a year or so ago when they should have but it’s classic “is what it is”

And hey, welcome to the qb wilderness pack fans!! You are gonna love it. Every offseason you get a brand new story and a brand new savior!

#57186 1 year ago

If someone told me a year ago that Rodgers would go for a (conditional) first and a second I’d have been stunned. But given how badly GB handled things — plus Rodgers’ continued flakey behavior — this was probably the best they could expect.

#57187 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If someone told me a year ago that Rodgers would go for a (conditional) first and a second I’d have been stunned. But given how GB handled things — plus Rodgers’ continued flakey behavior — this was probably the best they could expect.

Yep. They would have gotten a king’s ransom 12 months ago.

#57188 1 year ago

Must be nice to be GB management, totally fuck up and your fan base is still thrilled.

#57189 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Must be nice to be GB management, totally fuck up and your fan base is still thrilled.

Really think so? Got another kick at the cat, and still sold for a premium. Obviously a disappointing year last year, but it was questionable whether it was time to move on. This offseason made it obvious, and we got a decent haul for a guy that was "90%" retired. Didn't fold to pressure and held to value (not you, Murphy).

#57190 1 year ago

The Packers had to make this move. The yearly AR drama needed to be over. They are carrying a $40M cap hit with the trade and $57M total dead cap this year. But still are $12M under the cap. Best to wipe that contract off the books and look forward to 2024 when they are free of any dead money (as of today).

See what Love has this season and have the draft capital to replace him next year.

#57191 1 year ago

we got a decent haul

What’s the minimum number of picks to constitute a “haul”?

#57192 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What’s the minimum number of picks to constitute a “haul”?

2 extras in the 1st 2 rounds minimum.

#57193 1 year ago

2 seconds+ == 1 haul

#57194 1 year ago

Really think so? Got another kick at the cat, and still sold for a premium. Obviously a disappointing year last year, but it was questionable whether it was time to move on. This offseason made it obvious, and we got a decent haul for a guy that was "90%" retired. Didn't fold to pressure and held to value (not you, Murphy).

That was a mighty expensive kick at the cat, a premium? Wilson was a premium. That team had no shot at a title, which everyone outside of GB fans knew. Not trading Rodgers last year cost them 2 1st rounders. The Packers organization can do no wrong which is why it’s a great GM job.

#57195 1 year ago

Well, we had a good run with Aaron. I will still wear my Rogers jersey, but Love jersey here I come. Glad for the draft pics. Should have traded him alot earlier, but that's ok.

#57196 1 year ago

Obviously a disappointing year last year, but it was questionable whether it was time to move on.

This can’t be overstated. A season ago you’d have three quarters of the fan base pissed at the front office for letting Rodgers go. Ain’t going to hear that now. It became obvious Rodgers was done with this franchise. We can now bear a few years of team building without the front office caving in.

#57197 1 year ago
Quoted from vidguy:

This can’t be overstated. A season ago you’d have three quarters of the fan base pissed at the front office for letting Rodgers go. Ain’t going to hear that now. It became obvious Rodgers was done with this franchise. We can now bear a few years of team building without the front office caving in.

This is how we felt with Wilson in Seattle as well. The right time is when the majority of the fans are ready for the change, having fan support is important for overall team success.

#57198 1 year ago
Quoted from vidguy:

This can’t be understated. A season ago you’d have three quarters of the fan base pissed at the front office for letting Rodgers go. Ain’t going to hear that now. It became obvious Rodgers was done with this franchise. We can now bear a few years of team building without the front office caving in.

100%.

Check my posts! I wanted to cash him in, but that wasn't the overall sentinment. We signed him and asked him to be all-in, accommodated his ass, and clearly he was not.

Everyone thought jets had leverage, that dolt murphy opened his mouth, and we still come away with this? Yeah, pretty happy.

If love sucks, they'll lose their jobs, and they'll have fucking earned it. For now, Rodgers claims he wa 90% retired, and we still sold him for premium picks.

Yeah. I'm willing to let this play out.

#57199 1 year ago

Yeah Jets caved too early as expected.
GB did a good job. They'll be on the bottom of the Central with Bears for awHile but they would have anyway.
God, isn't that worth not being held hostage by a weirdo boyfriend like #8?!

Deacon; what's the deal with this happening before June 1st again? Does it make any diff'rence cap wise?

#57200 1 year ago

Might be easier to hit a March Madness bracket than predicting the first 10 picks this year.Expecting some drama early.Can’t wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,144 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1144?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.