960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 204744 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-182844_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,136 of 1,513.
#56751 1 year ago

Nice to see the Jets playing the game, it’s being reported that Stafford is their backup plan. The Jets apparently aren’t going to give up a 1st rounder for Rodgers.

#56752 1 year ago

Did Texans just get Lamar ?

EDIT nope

#56753 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Nice to see the Jets playing the game, it’s being reported that Stafford is their backup plan. The Jets apparently aren’t going to give up a 1st rounder for Rodgers.

I think the jets have a lot more leverage than the packers think they do.

Pack really gonna eat $60 million of cap space and bench 12 out of spite? I don’t see it.

#56754 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the jets have a lot more leverage than the packers think they do.
Pack really gonna eat $60 million of cap space and bench 12 out of spite? I don’t see it.

Exactly, the Packers completely botched the Rodgers departure, between the contract and the blabbing they don’t want him, they have made a Hall of Fame QB almost worthless.

#56755 1 year ago

Jets 2nd and a conditional 2024 2nd/3rd imo

#56756 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Jets 2nd and a conditional 2024 2nd/3rd imo

Conditional?

On what? ROdgers making the team or starting more than 9 games?

I don't think that would really be in play here.

I agree two #2s sounds good. Or a 2, a 4, and a player or some shit.

Let's just make this happen already!

#56757 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Conditional?
On what?

It would be very similar to the Farve deal, conditional on how well the Jets do plus if he plays in 24.

#56758 1 year ago

The interesting wild card this offseason is those loathsome Colts.

Irsay was openly coveting Young before the Carolina trade.

Do they take the 3rd/4th rated qb prospect at #4? Do they trade up one spot to avoid getting jumped again?

Would they trade for Jackson if the draft doesn't pan out?

#56759 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

The interesting wild card this offseason is those loathsome Colts.
Irsay was openly coveting Young before the Carolina trade.
Do they take the 3rd/4th rated qb prospect at #4? Do they trade up one spot to avoid getting jumped again?
Would they trade for Jackson if the draft doesn't pan out?

They went from a stable QB franchise for years to a total disaster quickly after Luck retired.

#56760 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They went from a stable QB franchise for years to a total disaster quickly after Luck retired.

Irsay is the ultimate NFL owner -

A drunk billionaire douchebag who was born on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple.

He fired the guy who turned the COlts into a good team (Pollian) and he's been embarrassing himself ever since. Yeah, he lucked into Luck, but then ruined him by never building a line and demanding he throw 70 times a game. Since Luck was ruined, he's been firmly in that group of worst owners in football - guys who think they are GMs but clearly don't know what the fuck they are doing.

Once Snyder is gone, he'll surely be a candidate for worst NFL owner.

#56761 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Irsay is the ultimate NFL owner -
A drunk billionaire douchebag

Well, I’m 2/3 of the way there.

#56762 1 year ago

Some of these guys need new agents for sure! Dalton Shultz to houston on a one year worth up to 9m. He was franchise tagged and got close to 11 with the cowboy's last season and his team supposedly turned down 3/36m. And then the texans negotiated an extension with Tunsil for 3 more years at 75m. Apparently his agent isn't a legal representative of players in the NFL. Dunno if that's true yet but yikes!

#56763 1 year ago

Tunsil is doing fine.

5ED13B64-B2F9-4BC2-BCB6-C7968AFB2EED (resized).jpeg5ED13B64-B2F9-4BC2-BCB6-C7968AFB2EED (resized).jpeg
#56764 1 year ago

Magic Johnson joining a bid to buy the commanders.. take that Ben Simmons

#56765 1 year ago

Larry Flynt's Hustler Club has offered a lifetime platinum VIP membership to new Raiders quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, valued at $500,000.

Hustler Club is within walking distance of Allegiant Stadium.

#56766 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

VIP membership

Does that mean like free steaks and lemonade at lunchtime, if so -- then I think he made out.

#56767 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Magic Johnson joining a bid to buy the commanders.. take that Ben Simmons

I'm not completely sure of this but I believe because Magic owns a part of the Lakers there are some kind of measure in place that doesn't allow him to own to sports teams; as said I'm not 100% sure I'm correct

#56768 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm not completely sure of this but I believe because Magic owns a part of the Lakers there are some kind of measure in place that doesn't allow him to own to sports teams; as said I'm not 100% sure I'm correct

That Kronke guy owns a bunch of teams...dont think he has an NBA one though

#56769 1 year ago

TMZ
@TMZ
Jimmy Garoppolo Offered 'Free Sex For Life' From Las Vegas Brothel Workers.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#56770 1 year ago

I know the NBA allows a person to own multiple sports teams. Dolan owns both the NY Knicks and the NY Rangers and Reinsdorf owns the Bulls and White Sox.

#56771 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

TMZ
@TMZ
Jimmy Garoppolo Offered 'Free Sex For Life' From Las Vegas Brothel Workers. [quoted image]

He’s had unlimited free sex since he was 12.

#56772 1 year ago

I think Magic sold his Lakers stake a long time ago

#56773 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think Magic sold his Lakers stake a long time ago

He is in the Dodgers ownership group.

#56774 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

You can't own two teams in the same league (I'm guessing most leagues would have a rule like that, anyway, unless you're the XFL) but why would anyone care if you own both a basketball and a football team?

#56775 1 year ago

Nobody cares.

The bidding group that magic is joining already literally owns the 76ers and the New Jersey devils.

They are free to pursue the commanders as well.

#56776 1 year ago

Cam Newton sounding off saying there’s not 32 better QBs than he is meaning he wants to be a starter. Idk but doubtful anyone wants his distraction as a BU, sit down and hold the clipboard. Take $5-6M BU money. Nobody is looking for you as a franchise QB. Best to be the next Geno Smith instead of proclaiming you are better than a lot of starters.

#56777 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Cam Newton sounding off saying there’s not 32 better QBs than he is meaning he wants to be a starter. Idk but doubtful anyone wants his distraction as a BU, sit down and hold the clipboard. Take $5-6M BU money. Nobody is looking for you as a franchise QB. Best to be the next Geno Smith instead of proclaiming you are better than a lot of starters.

There's some weird pro day stuff. I saw DJ Fluker was working out at Alabama's

#56778 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

He’s washed up and it’s not like anybody needs him braying “IIIM BAAAAACK” like a jackass every time he gets a first down in a preseason game.

I don’t think we’ll see him on a roster again. Retire with some dignity and head to the studio I’m sure there’s plenty of TV landing spots for him.

#56779 1 year ago

He could probably get a Taysom Hill role if he really wanted it but his days of leading a franchise are over.

#56781 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s washed up and it’s not like anybody needs him braying “IIIM BAAAAACK” like a jackass every time he gets a first down in a preseason game.
I don’t think we’ll see him on a roster again. Retire with some dignity and head to the studio I’m sure there’s plenty of TV landing spots for him.

Problem is Lions have literally no back up, so they brought him in.
But Jesus not a starter...get real. His Pats was some of the worst QBing I've ever seen.

Edit: well....he might be better than Baker

#56782 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You can't own two teams in the same league (I'm guessing most leagues would have a rule like that, anyway, unless you're the XFL) but why would anyone care if you own both a basketball and a football team?

You're likely correct, I just thought I remembered someone trying to buy a team and he was not allowed under some sort of rule

#56783 1 year ago

Angriest fanbases since the start of free agency!

FrvzALeXwAMTZk8.pngFrvzALeXwAMTZk8.png

#56784 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]

What that says to me is that that Colts and Bucs fans really don't give a shit. They should.

#56785 1 year ago

Why are Lions fans so pissed?
(Rhetorical question)

#56786 1 year ago

As a chiefs fan, I’m pissed that they haven’t resigned Jerick McKinnon. He’s a helluva rb..and why haven’t they made a deal w the cards, and signed D. Hopkins?! Veach has alot of picks coming up, and giving up a 2nd round pick + maybe a Clyde Edwards Helaire wouldn’t get it done?!

#56787 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

As a chiefs fan, I’m pissed that they haven’t resigned Jerick McKinnon. He’s a helluva rb..and why haven’t they made a deal w the cards, and signed D. Hopkins?! Veach has alot of picks coming up, and giving up a 2nd round pick + maybe a Clyde Edwards Helaire wouldn’t get it done?!

Tough times being a KC fan

Hopkins likely will want a new deal because he always does. Also no one wants CEH

#56788 1 year ago

Chiefs not immune to cap realities. Why pay a mediocre RB when you can draft one and pay him peanuts?

#56789 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]

Looks like the new Bengals fans just arent that informed about how football works. I guess they should just scoop up every big name free agent in existence when Burrow/Higgins/Chase are on rookie deals? I mean, they understand you eventually will need to pay those guys? Guess not.

I wish they had a better situation at TE, but thats pretty much it.

#56790 1 year ago

Hard to justify pulling the rug out from under the little guy they just paid to play QB.

#56791 1 year ago

No chance negative Lions online vibes are from actual Detroit football fans. The internet is littered with out of touch, out of work *comedians* whose *jokes* are past their expiration date which is likely messing with this *scientific* polling method.

Brad Holmes crushed free agency this off-season and Lions fans are more hyped than anytime I can remember AND it's not even draft day yet. Gonna ride this high as long as it lasts!

#56792 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

No chance negative Lions online vibes are from actual Detroit football fans. The internet is littered with out of touch, out of work *comedians* whose *jokes* are past their expiration date which is likely messing with this *scientific* polling method.

Still it does make me curious about what's going on with Vikings twitter

#56793 1 year ago

According to CJGJ Detroit has more talent than last year’s Eagles team.

Random drug test coming in 3,2,1..

Note that when Detroit last won a playoff game Tom Brady was 13 years old.

#56794 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

According to CJGJ Detroit has more talent than last year’s Eagles team.
Random drug test coming in 3,2,1..
Note that when Detroit last won a playoff game Tom Brady was 13 years old.

It wouldn’t shock me if the Lions have a better record than the Eagles in 23

#56795 1 year ago

I'm wondering who the trade partner will be for Cincy's LT Williams. There are so many teams that could use a LT it's a toss up.

#56796 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm wondering who the trade partner will be for Cincy's LT Williams. There are so many teams that could use a LT it's a toss up.

Leading the league is sacks is great if you are a DE or OLB not so much when you are an Offensive Tackle

#56797 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Brad Holmes crushed free agency this off-season and Lions fans are more hyped....

Ywah he really is. Big name players, from good teams, not over paying etc.
On paper completely fixed the secondary

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Betting wise Lion are the 4th in the NFC, pretty amazing.

#56798 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

jay.gifjay.gif
#56799 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Still it does make me curious about what's going on with Vikings twitter

Released the wrong veteran linebacker, released Adam Thielen, re-signed the backup RB while the starting RB makes too much, only have 4 draft picks and no succession plan after Kirk Cousins. But most of that is cap life and the former regime. Sometimes , you just need to go full Chicago Bears. Just ask the Lions.

#56800 1 year ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
There are 75,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,136 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1136?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.