pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,135 of 1,507.
#56701 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bengals signed Rams safety Nick Scott, don't know a lot about him and looking at his stats nothing really stands out. Any Rams fans that can enlighten me?

Even the mighty Bengals have to sign JAGs sometimes.

#56702 1 year ago

Brandin Cooks to the Cowboys for basically peanuts

#56703 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Brandin Cooks to the Cowboys for basically peanuts

He must be a great dude to have around a locker room since 4 teams have traded for him in 9 years.

He is now the most traded player in NFL history (technically tied with Eric Dickerson but seems he never suited up for the 4th team that acquired him so thats my tie-breaker)

#56704 1 year ago

And he has $18M guaranteed this season. Texans might be eating some of that.

#56705 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

And he has $18M guaranteed this season. Texans might be eating some of that.

$12.3 for Dallas this year and $16.5 next, but none guaranteed.

Im guessing he finds a new team next year, maybe Detroit!

#56706 1 year ago

Cowboys still trying to replace Amari Cooper

#56707 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Stop it.

#56708 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

If someone eats his contract maybe...Lions finally running a system here and sticking to it; Already not paying Chark. I guess they offered Jamall more than he ended up getting in NO; yet it was disrespctfull By bitch.

#56709 1 year ago

I hope Rashaad Penny works out better for the Eagles than he did the Seahawks. When he's not injured, he's great, but he's never played a full season and is super injury prone.

#56710 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I hope Rashaad Penny works out better for the Eagles than he did the Seahawks. When he's not injured, he's great, but he's never played a full season and is super injury prone.

He's there on the cheap, $500K guaranteed, with a total contract of $1.2M. League minimum for him is $1.01M.

#56711 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Doubtful, but even Fragile Fred Taylor turned it around

#56712 1 year ago

Seahawks have been pretty active in free agency adding:

DE Dre’Mont Jones (formerly of Denver Broncos)
DB Julian Love (formerly of New York Giants)
DL Jarran Reed (formerly of Green Bay Packers)
LB Devin Bush (formerly of Pittsburgh Steelers)
G/C Evan Brown (formerly of Detroit Lions)

I don't know much about any of these guys beyond Jarran Reed who played for the Hawks before. Time to do some research. Anyone with inside scoop that are fans of the teams they are coming from?

#56713 1 year ago

The Dolphins need some offensive linemen and a dedication to running the ball if they want Tua to survive.

I was watching a video of Joe Rogan talking to Dale Earnheart, Jr. about Dale Jr’s concussions. Really interesting to hear all that he experienced and his treatment.

#56714 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Seahawks have been pretty active in free agency adding:
DE Dre’Mont Jones (formerly of Denver Broncos)
DB Julian Love (formerly of New York Giants)
DL Jarran Reed (formerly of Green Bay Packers)
LB Devin Bush (formerly of Pittsburgh Steelers)
G/C Evan Brown (formerly of Detroit Lions)
I don't know much about any of these guys beyond Jarran Reed who played for the Hawks before. Time to do some research. Anyone with inside scoop that are fans of the teams they are coming from?

Dre’Mont Jones is a stud, I was hoping the Bears were going to sign him.

#56715 1 year ago

Evan Brown is a plus backup IOL who was forced into starting in Detroit last two years due to injury. He is capable at both guard and center so he is a good signing IMO.

Most Lions fans wanted him back but they ended up signing Graham Glasgow (for more money) instead.

#56716 1 year ago

Anxiously awaiting Eagles fans thoughts on Chauncey Gardner-Johnson leaving Philly for a chance at winning a Super Bowl!

#56717 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Anxiously awaiting Eagles fans thoughts on Chauncey Gardner-Johnson leaving Philly for a chance at winning a Super Bowl!

Got em for pretty damn cheap too, 1 yr $8 mil.

#56718 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

You can't fit everyone from last year under the cap. Eagles kept Slay, Graham, Bradberry and Cox (mistake). I would have liked CGJ to stay but it is what it is. 2 1st round draft picks will fill holes, especially if they trade one back for additional picks.

#56719 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

You can't fit everyone from last year under the cap. Eagles kept Slay, Graham, Bradberry and Cox (mistake). I would have liked CGJ to stay but it is what it is. 2 1st round draft picks will fill holes, especially if they trade one back for additional picks.

I agree. Cox, really?

#56720 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

I agree. Cox, really?

He's overpaid for this stage of his career.

#56721 1 year ago

It is good to see the Cowboys active in FA. It is a necessary evil that they haven't been too keen on in recent years, but doing nothing simply won't work. I suppose they finally woke up to that fact.

#56722 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Got em for pretty damn cheap too, 1 yr $8 mil.

Dude waiting for *more* money, but money went elsewhere and he was left with few options. I have to believe if the Eagles had that option early on in the free agent period they would’ve kept him (or a multi year deal). But my suspicion is he thought he was going to get more.

CJ got less money than Cox who’s a part time player. But maybe locker room chemistry is another reason why.

#56723 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

CJ got less money than Cox who’s a part time player. But maybe locker room chemistry is another reason why.

I was thinking there was some other issue, at 1yr 8 million, that’s not cap casualty type money.

#56724 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It is good to see the Cowboys active in FA. It is a necessary evil that they haven't been too keen on in recent years, but doing nothing simply won't work. I suppose they finally woke up to that fact.

It sounds like there’s a chance Zeke ends up back in Dallas.

#56725 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I was thinking there was some other issue, at 1yr 8 million, that’s not cap casualty type money.

Usually Eagles like to tie up young players with longer term contracts. He played well but maybe he wanted too much money. It’s still business and if the Eagles like you for a longer term they’d likely want somewhat of a discount but the player gets more security and likely a larger signing bonus. Sounds like CJ is not getting offers what he wants and teams move on. It pays to get a deal early than later when no money and draft is looking for cheaper options.

Eagles lost like 8 starters so it’s not great for them, I was hoping for CJ to return and his contract really isn’t that high because before they we’re saying he would get something like $30m for 3 years. But supposedly he was looking for $12/year. That’s more than Bradbury got.

Just looked CJ was maybe offered $24M for 3. He was looking to get more like $36M.

https://sports.yahoo.com/c-j-gardner-johnsons-agency-130800065.html

A81A20A6-B2A7-4B97-9212-1CB9124FCF82 (resized).pngA81A20A6-B2A7-4B97-9212-1CB9124FCF82 (resized).png

#56726 1 year ago

Serious question, we can agree that a super QB like Mahomes elevates a team to win a SB but not always as we seen Marino no SB, so there has to be more to it than just a great QB.

Also we’ve seen QBs that were well above average that have won only one SB like Rodgers, Wilson etc.

So why would Cleveland think Watson was great when he never won anything in the pros and has all that baggage? Why pay that contract and give all that draft compensation for a baggage player who might not be a top10 QB?

Paid all that money with no escape plan? He threw 7 TDs all last year (6 games) Nick Foles once threw 6 in one game.

#56727 1 year ago

Serious answer, it’s the Browns. Desperate franchise makes desperate decisions.

#56728 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Serious answer, it’s the Browns. Desperate franchise makes desperate decisions.

So tie up 20% of the cap in one player who’s a bad decision from a lifetime ban? Less money to pay free agents and less likely to win in draft due to loss of picks.

Maybe the contract has a morality clause they can get away from him if he gets in more trouble.

#56729 1 year ago

It’s the Browns, throw any and all logic out the window.

#56730 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

So tie up 20% of the cap in one player who’s a bad decision from a lifetime ban? Less money to pay free agents and less likely to win in draft due to loss of picks.

Watson's a legit creep but he's also a good QB. Good QBs are hard to come by. I'm not saying it was a good decision for the long-term health of the team but you can understand their desperation.

#56731 1 year ago

Cleveland has to overpay to get free agents to go there

#56732 1 year ago

Where’s dirtbag when you need him

#56733 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

...Why pay that contract and give all that draft compensation for a baggage player who might not be a top10 QB?

He already was a top 10 qb and was coming off 3 pro bowl seasons. At that point you can assume college was no fluke so 2 championship games there with a win.

Quoted from rai:

Paid all that money with no escape plan? He threw 7 TDs all last year (6 games) Nick Foles once threw 6 in one game.

#12 also threw 6 in a game with SB...don't think that makes them equal.

Quoted from Erik:

Cleveland has to overpay to get free agents to go there

Plain and simple. Plus there's history, Browns have THE WORST history drafting QBs.

#56734 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

So why would Cleveland think Watson was great when he never won anything in the pros and has all that baggage? Why pay that contract and give all that draft compensation for a baggage player who might not be a top10 QB?

Cleveland Browns... nuff said.

#56735 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#56736 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]

Yes I think he wanted more money than Slay got. I see his point as he’s younger etc.

But sometimes some guys get paid and some don’t and I don’t always see why. But just because you want a lot doesn’t just make it happen and you might accept a shorter deal like he did now 2 years in a row. Might be he’s a pain to negotiate with. I mean I’m sure Bradbury and Slay were expecting more in free agency but the accepted good not great deals. Maybe CJ passed on a good deal and found the market didn’t want him at his price.

#56737 1 year ago

It's tough. Being in the QB wilderness is terrible. The Browns offering that contract and compensation for Watson doesn't seem like a great decision. I guess if the Browns win a Super Bowl with him, it would be justified. However, they are still the Browns.

I used to be really upset that Marino never won a Super Bowl, but now I'm fine with it. I think a lot of winning a Super Bowl involves a team peaking at the last quarter of the season and then being able to retain that through the playoffs. Having a complete team helps, but with Marino it all was on him. He and the entire team didn't play great in his only Super Bowl appearance. He also never made it back to the Super Bowl because he wasn't able to dominate in the playoffs. He never replicated the success he had in year 2.

I still think the Dolphins would have beaten the 1985 Bears in the Super Bowl. Marino pulled an Aaron Rodgers in the AFC Championship game at home against the Patriots and choked. He should have been in 2 Super Bowls in a row, but he needed to play better.

#56738 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I still think the Dolphins would have beaten the 1985 Bears in the Super Bowl.

6BD1C37C-6DD4-489E-9403-CA14BEE57E6E.gif6BD1C37C-6DD4-489E-9403-CA14BEE57E6E.gif
#56739 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Let's be fair to Marino and all agree he would've had no shot, none, as in a 0.0% win chance against the 85 Bears

Anybody need to be reminded they held 11 teams to 10 points or less in the regular season?
The followed that up by back to back shutouts of the Giants and Rams in Divisional and NFC Championship, then got soft in the Super Bowl and allowed the Patriots to hang 10 on them.

#56740 1 year ago

What a great Monday Night Football game.

#56741 1 year ago

The whole team wouldn’t be coked out of their minds from partying all weekend at the Super Bowl. Mid 80s in Miami had to be a wild time being superstars.

#56742 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The whole team wouldn’t be coked out of their minds from partying at the Super Bowl. Mid 80s in Miami had to be a wild time being superstars.

38 to 24 really happened. Sweetness even fumbled twice.

#56743 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

38 to 24 really happened. Sweetness even fumbled twice.

Of course it did, so did the Chiefs losing to the Colts this year. Meaningless in the big picture, Dolphins weren’t good enough to make it to Super Bowl.

#56744 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Of course it did, so did the Chiefs losing to the Colts this year.

B7B40DB0-6F17-4804-B80D-240D2E735B10.gifB7B40DB0-6F17-4804-B80D-240D2E735B10.gif

#56745 1 year ago

Jim Kelly >> Marino

#56746 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Jim Kelly >> Marino

4 times as great

#56747 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Jim Kelly >> Marino

Ah Buffalo, the Bridesmaid City.

#56748 1 year ago

Yup, good memories from back when the Dolphins were consistently in the playoffs. It's been a long time.

Yup, no arguments from me about Marino needing to play better to win the Super Bowl. Also, no need to act like Marino was a scrub or that the Dolphins weren't a legitimate Super Bowl contender in 1985.

#56749 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Yup, good memories from back when the Dolphins were consistently in the playoffs. It's been a long time.
Yup, no arguments from me about Marino needing to play better to win the Super Bowl. Also, no need to act like Marino was a scrub or that the Dolphins weren't a legitimate Super Bowl contender in 1985.

Marino was an all time great, just never had a good D. Their offense always had to carry their team.

#56750 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

If you want to talk 85 Bears, just head on down to Illinois. They talk about that team like they won yesterday. That's all they have to talk about. Also, you are crazy man.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 75,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,135 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1135?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.