Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg
dan-cant-see-me.gif
IMG_5213 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240407_183534931 (resized).jpg
38860405-3D86-49AB-9AE9-AE75342822BA.gif
20240406_180941 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,133 of 1,512.
#56601 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't think hes really into any of that but your hard on for him thinks so?

You might be right. The Josh Allen over-hype is strong though.
Just to clarify, I don't think Allen will demand the coach and coordinator get fired. I think the GM and Owner will get impatient with them and force a move if Allen doesn't get them to a Super Bowl soon.

I'm excited about the Mike White era in Miami.

#56602 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

#56603 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Confirmed The White Lotus season 3 is in Miami!!

#56604 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Confirmed The White Lotus season 3 is in Miami!!

It would be great if he never needs to play next season, but that’s doubtful.

#56605 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure if it’s collusion because there is a lot of effort to get a deal done with this one player. It’s not every player, you see Jason Kelce or Slay they just work with the clubs so get a deal done. It’s not painful or at least not aired out in public.
Then you have this one player who only wants to get a Watson type contract.

If you call it 'collusion' or not - obviously the owners talk amongst themselves over that contract like Watson's and many do not want that to be the norm. So if many of them agree they don't want to repeat that mistake... are they colluding in a negative fashion or just acting as a common front? This is not an open market. I think this kind of behavior is inevitable in this closed club of NFL owners.

Quoted from rai:

Anyway the other clubs don’t have to be in collision to understand that they don’t want to deal with this one player and if they did a good deal Baltimore would likely just match it. Pat Kerwin said other clubs don’t want to do all the work for Baltimore to just match it. It’s like Lamar doesn’t want to work with Baltimore but as the collective bargaining says he’s under their control for x many years with the tags. They can tag him 3 years in a row and pay less than what he’s asking for.

My take, Baltimore operated in good faith, and ultimately just went to the open market to be another voice to try to convince Lamar. I think Lamar did and does want to work with Baltimore - but I think he is entrenched in getting the kind of deal he thinks he should get. The market's feedback to him is the voice that was assumed but not heard - now it's being heard. Will Lamar listen? That's the TBD.

Don't expect Baltimore to keep tagging him. Baltimore will defend to get its compensation for him, but isn't going to look at the tag as the way to retain Lamar as their QB1 like Washington did with Cousins. I don't expect Baltimore to continue this dance beyond this year. They will invest in moving forward.

Will Lamar sit? I think it's a high probability he will... if he's played with fire this long, I think he'll keep doubling down. I am only hoping this FA period wakes him up. If he gambles that he can wait this out until a team gets desperate enough... I think it only gets worse for everyone involved from here on out. Be attached to a shit team but get your deal deal?

#56606 1 year ago

Seems like Ravens fans calling the Baltimore sports radio station have lost patience with both Lamar and the team.
I wonder what Lamar's dream scenario is?

1. Big guaranteed money with the Ravens, but a stinky team around him?
2. Big guaranteed money with a different stinky team?
3. A good amount of guaranteed money, with a championship caliber team someplace else?
4. Take his talents to South Beach for a home discount and no state taxes?
5. 2 or 3 year deal someplace and try and hit the market again for a bigger piece of a bigger salary cap down the road?
6. Anyplace but Baltimore?
7. Only in Baltimore?
8. Any NFC team! The AFC has too many QBs.

#56607 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Seems like Ravens fans calling the Baltimore sports radio station have lost patience with both Lamar and the team.

Lamar leaving wouldnt change this.

#56608 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Lamar leaving wouldnt change this.

I'm also shocked that A-A-ron is coming to the AFC. If he's so smart like he always talks about, why not stay in the NFC for that easier road to Conference Championship Game failure?

#56609 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

"NFL is rigged" - you have a tinfoil hat
"Collusion is going on to keep Lamar from getting the contract he deserves" - perfectly logical thinking

They're both "conspiracy theories." It's just that as the alleged conspiracy gets more elaborate -- and requires more people to be in on the secret -- it gets less and less likely to be true.

Quoted from flynnibus:

If you call it 'collusion' or not - obviously the owners talk amongst themselves over that contract like Watson's and many do not want that to be the norm. So if many of them agree they don't want to repeat that mistake... are they colluding in a negative fashion or just acting as a common front? This is not an open market. I think this kind of behavior is inevitable in this closed club of NFL owners.

Agreed that this type of behavior is to be expected under the circumstances. Whether it's legal or a violation of the CBA is another question (which I don't have the answer to).

#56610 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm also shocked that A-A-ron is coming to the AFC. If he's so smart like he always talks about, why not stay in the NFC for that easier road to Conference Championship Game failure?

Well, because we don't want him anymore, he has the world's biggest ego, and we likely were never going to trade him in the NFC.

#56611 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

With his salary and Diva attitude, there weren't any takers. The market for him is essentially non-existent. Teams will pay money to younger players on longer contracts, Rodgers can't commit to a team for longer than one season, unless they beg him and praise him at every turn.

#56612 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Well, because we don't want him anymore, he has the world's biggest ego, and we likely were never going to trade him in the NFC.

It is really crazy that he had an almost identical trajectory to #4.

Like Lamar is finding out, not every team can devote a huge chunk of the salary cap pie to the QB position. I guess the legitimate number of landing spots for guys like A-Aron and Lamar is pretty small.

#56613 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

It is really crazy that he had an almost identical trajectory to #4.

There is something physically in the water in GB.... You should meet the Deaconblooze family..... a whole group of Super Divas.....

#56614 1 year ago

Od be more worried the Packers still have all the leverage and they're dealing with #12 whoms an incredible flake.
Whats the deal deacon...if they wait till June it's much better for them?

#56615 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Od be more worried the Packers still have all the leverage

I don't think they have any leverage because of the salary conditions. I would be surprised to see anything higher than a 2nd round pick offered.

#56616 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There is something physically in the water in GB.... You should meet the Deaconblooze family..... a whole group of Super Divas.....

Packers fan that keeps a candy dish of Werther's, Root Beer barrels, Almond Joys and off-brand jawbreakers. I don't need to know any more.

#56617 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

1. Big guaranteed money with the Ravens.

This is ALL he does, or even should care about.

Fans get way caught up in the "he wants to play for a winner" thing. No, he doesn't really give a shit. He wants as much money as possible during his short-ass career that's going to leave his body and possibly mind heavily compromised, and all other considerations are a distant secondary priority.

Yeah I'll concede there may be rare exceptions, in the last year or so of their careers, but I can guarantee you Lamar doesn't care about anything else at this point, nor should he.

#56618 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I don't think they have any leverage because of the salary conditions...

Sure they do...they don't have to trade him.

#56619 1 year ago

Latest in the Mixon saga: his sister and her boyfriend just indicted for shooting real bullets from real guns at kids with nerf guns. Mixon himself was present and had a gun but didn't shoot and thus not indicted.

I really do hope the Bengals ditch this fella, we don't need the headlines and certainly don't need to give prosecutors excuses to pose with nerf guns...

New-1 (resized).jpgNew-1 (resized).jpg
#56620 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

...for shooting real bullets from real guns at kids with nerf guns.

Yeah thats fuckign bullshit; they aren't cops!

#56621 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure they do...they don't have to trade him.

True.... but there is no way in hell they are starting him. It will be a tough pill to swallow to have all that money on the bench. Living here, I get to listen to all the local sports talk, and there is a lot of discussion on how management mis-played the entire contract. The screw-up was actually Devante Adams. Everyone thought he was staying, so they were fine throwing that money at AR to keep the band together. When Devante jumped ship, it sent their plans sideways.

AR has to have his guys, and Devante was his #1 guy. Once he left, AR sort of went rogue. I dont think we have even seen LaFleurs offense yet, as AR wont run it, its a power struggle. Management made it clear to him that he is done, and they made it clear rather publicly, so there is some leverage lost there.

The only leverage they have is that he just had B2B MVP seasons two years ago, but last year didn't help his cause.

#56622 1 year ago

I'm not buying it. Although I'm also not buying ilrjat he was so close to retirement....hold him to it.

#56623 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Packers fan that keeps a candy dish of Werther's, Root Beer barrels, Almond Joys and off-brand jawbreakers. I don't need to know any more.

If the buttery goodness of Werther's doesn't scream Diva, I don't know what to tell you. Root Beer barrels are just rubbing it in all of our faces.

I offered Deacon some Swedish Fish when he came over one time and he just looked at me like I was crazy.

#56624 1 year ago

WTF strawberry candies ain't old enough amymore?!

20230316_142810.jpg20230316_142810.jpg
#56625 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Should have stopped right there... all local daytime sports talk radio is basically garbage.

Quoted from DanMarino:

1. Big guaranteed money with the Ravens, but a stinky team around him?
2. Big guaranteed money with a different stinky team?
3. A good amount of guaranteed money, with a championship caliber team someplace else?
4. Take his talents to South Beach for a home discount and no state taxes?
5. 2 or 3 year deal someplace and try and hit the market again for a bigger piece of a bigger salary cap down the road?
6. Anyplace but Baltimore?
7. Only in Baltimore?

His desire to win isn't going to change - so I doubt he would take a deal with a deadbeat team. But he's dug in on the contract... he wants his cake.

Players don't want to face the difficulties of running the business because they know their lifetime in the league is short. They want their cut while they can get it. They aren't wrong - but they also need to be realistic.

#56626 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF strawberry candies ain't old enough amymore?!
[quoted image]

Strawberry Candy?

interview-talk.gifinterview-talk.gif
#56627 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Od be more worried the Packers still have all the leverage and they're dealing with #12 whoms an incredible flake.
Whats the deal deacon...if they wait till June it's much better for them?

Not really. It gives them the ability to push some of the dead cap money out, but if a deal gets done there's likely a restructure involved anyway. Plus, I want us to accelerate as much of that giant cap hit as possible. Gonna suck this year anyway, may as well eat it and get the books right, then things look a lot better going into 2024.

#56628 1 year ago

Not really. It gives them the ability to push some of the dead cap money out, but if a deal gets done there's likely a restructure involved anyway. Plus, I want us to accelerate as much of that giant cap hit as possible. Gonna suck this year anyway, may as well eat it and get the books right, then things look a lot better going into 2024.

Gotcha, thanks.

#56629 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There is something physically in the water in GB..

Yeah there is. The DNR made them clean up the river for ten years lol. ALWAYS drink filtered water, highly filtered!

The Packers have no leverage at this point. They have to trade Rodgers.

Get the Jets to give the Pack a second rounder and have them eat all of his contract and go.

Jets eat half the contract and give the Packers a 1st and a 3rd

#56630 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

With his salary and Diva attitude, there weren't any takers.

He's now recruiting OBJ to the Jets with him................the Diva attitude just went way up, if the Jets are smart they'll not touch OBJ he's a locker room cancer and they'll already have one cancer patient in Aaron

#56631 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I don't think they have any leverage because of the salary conditions. I would be surprised to see anything higher than a 2nd round pick offered.

We're on the hook for the bulk of the salary. So unless they take some of that hit (honestly not sure they can take much in relief of that dead cap hit per regulations), it really shouldn't affect compensation.

I've cooled off on expectations though. Murphy is a dolt. I'd be reluctantly satisfied with a 2nd and something conditional based on performance/team performance/second year.

Quoted from Friengineer:

The Packers have no leverage at this point. They have to trade Rodgers.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Gotta brace for maximum drama, but we hold his rights, we don't have to trade him. If he wants to play, we can welcome him back and let him play, or hilariously bench him. I think he'd try to get us to cut him, but I don't think that's on the table.. we're already at the point where he's blasting the team in the media, really doesn't seem to be any reason to appease him at this point.

The only viable alternative for NYJ now is Jackson. Even Mayfield got snapped up! We had the benefit of an emotional rodgers going on his buddy's show to declare he wants to play for NY. To me that puts pressure on them to get it done, or answer to a desperate fan base.

Really though, what's a first round pick to the jets? They blow those on shitty QBs they only give a year anyway. Get rodgers for a year, let wilson watch, and then give wilson one more shot after rodgers before calling it quits on him too.

#56632 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

He's now recruiting OBJ to the Jets with him................the Diva attitude just went way up, if the Jets are smart they'll sign OBJ he's a Super Bowl champion and they'll already have one in Aaron

Fixed it for you.

#56633 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I offered Deacon some Swedish Fish when he came over one time and he just looked at me like I was crazy.

You mean FREEDOM fish???

#56634 1 year ago

or hilariously bench him

He comes off the bench to play against the bears lol!

#56635 1 year ago

You mean FREEDOM fish???

Its hard for me to talk about, I felt very judged....

#56636 1 year ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Fixed it for you.

SB Champ or no he destroys every team locker room he's a part of period; extremely talented yes but is not worth all the BS he brings with him.

#56637 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I like all of those candy choices,I feel no shame

#56638 1 year ago

Lamar should come to shan francisco,Shanny can ruin him like RG3 and the rest.

#56639 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Lamar should come to shan francisco,Shanny can ruin him like RG3 and the rest.

It will be interesting to see if they cut back on Lance's zone read plays or if Shanny is set in his ways

#56640 1 year ago

Is he dead?

470925B2-41FB-4DE5-B675-58DC4686A2C0.gif470925B2-41FB-4DE5-B675-58DC4686A2C0.gif
#56641 1 year ago

Isn’t the Jordan Love bill due soon?

#56642 1 year ago

Bobby Tonyan a Bear is pretty hilarious

#56643 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Isn’t the Jordan Love bill due soon?

5th year option that probably won't get exercised. Would think we see a 3-4y roster bonus heavy deal prior to that may 5th year deadline, and after rodgers is dealt.

#56644 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Is he dead?
[quoted image]

finger-over-throat-inspekthor.giffinger-over-throat-inspekthor.gif
#56645 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’s said he won’t play on the franchise tag

Then let him sit there, not getting paid, getting older and out of shape. See how that works out. Not many in Baltimore want him to stay around at this point.

#56646 1 year ago
Quoted from Datsun1500:

Then let him sit there, not getting paid, getting older and out of shape. See how that works out. Not many in Baltimore want him to stay around at this point.

It worked for LeVeon, oh wait he’s on the celebrity boxing circuit now.

#56647 1 year ago

For what it's worth from PFT:

"With sale of Commanders believed to be imminent, the Snyders have cleared out of the facility."

#56648 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

For what it's worth from PFT:
"With sale of Commanders believed to be imminent, the Snyders have cleared out of the facility."

This is making me so horny.

It’s like serving a life sentence and getting an unexpected pardon.

#56649 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s like serving a life sentence and getting an unexpected pardon.

Reminds me of when Norman Braman finally sold the Eagles in 1994. However, he was about a quarter of the asshole Snyder has been. Keep your fingers crossed.

#56650 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

3BD1FDCB-E184-42F9-848E-89B1BF9E6B3F.gif3BD1FDCB-E184-42F9-848E-89B1BF9E6B3F.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,133 of 1,512.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1133?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.