• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 9 votes
    6%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 92 votes
    59%

(156 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,295 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D4AD1E58-4417-45D6-8D77-6BE7142A8BD3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
12169EB7-7FCA-4700-A3B5-1E475E3FEF1E (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).png
3C9847A0-6AB4-4137-8616-68D8DADE8E05 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).png
FB_IMG_1572925678913 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191104-204834~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191104-204244~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191103-152255~2 (resized).png
MV5BNDYxMzhhZTAtZTg0ZS00YTMzLTk1NjQtMmM3NGI5NzRmYTI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXRodW1ibmFpbC1pbml0aWFsaXplcg@@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0068 (resized).jpg
BD17F9CB-FD42-4E60-8577-FC59FBDC6794 (resized).jpeg
F7BBDA19-7D4A-4936-AA27-138037387CDA (resized).jpeg

There are 15678 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 314.
#5601 3 years ago

I agree, I like going to the occasional "important" game, but it's really hard to beat the home environment. This year I've been using my computer to stream RZC or another game I'm interested in to the monitor beside my TV. It's fantastic, but I was out of town too often this fall to enjoy it as much as I would have liked.

I do love tailgating, though..

#5602 3 years ago

Somebody should scoop him up fast... Giants? Cleveland?

#5603 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

They would be dumb if they do. Success is so hard to come by in the NFL. He's only had 3 losing seasons in 13 years. He's won 10 games every year for the last 4 years. I could see them thinking "we haven't had any success in the post season, let's find another coach." There are so many teams that would love to have the success that the Bengals have had. A team should want to win championships but consistency has to come first. Of the last 14 Super Bowl Champs, only 3 coaches have won before their fourth year. Belichek, Mike Tomlin, Jon Gruden. 2 of those coaches success was dependent on the previous coach.

I agree. The Bills and Jags (to name 2 teams) would be glad to change records with the Bengals for the last 10 years or so. Cincy's playoff record has been so poor however that it would not surprise me to a change made if the Steelers win on Saturday.

#5604 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Somebody should scoop him up fast... Giants? Cleveland?

What longtime head coach would even consider going to work for Cleveland, I guess its a mega paycheck so why not but wow, I read about their interview team assembled to hire the next coach. What a joke!

#5605 3 years ago

The Browns hired a new GM - Paul DePodesta.. if you don't know who that is, it's Jonah Hill from Moneyball. I think it's a smart move, he's had a lot of success in MLB, but who knows if that can translate to the NFL. I think it will really depend on how much room they give him to put together a team. That town needs some continuity, so pair him with a young coach that subscribes to his methods for the next 6 years and leave it alone - what's the worst that can happen? They keep sucking?

#5606 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What longtime head coach would even consider going to work for Cleveland, I guess its a mega paycheck so why not but wow, I read about their interview team assembled to hire the next coach. What a joke!

I guess the only good thing about going to Cleveland would be the lack of pressure. Expectations are super low so a 6 or 7 win season would be a huge improvement. Making the playoffs would get you the keys to the city... not sure if that's good or bad. Plus you get to dress up and party with Johnny!

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Not a big Lovie fan, I thought he was too conservative when he was coaching the Bears, but who are they going to get that is better than he is?

Well, Buffalo News is reporting that unless the Bills get into the playoffs next year, they're going to fire Ryan, so have the offensive coordinator fill in for a year & then you could have him. Oh, wait, you said better.

#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Not a big Lovie fan, I thought he was too conservative when he was coaching the Bears

Yes, ever since they fired Lovie the Bears seemed to have really turned things around!

#5609 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

10 mill? Holy Shit!!!! To be honest, this is why I don't like buying NFL tix, Ill watch for free at home. The experience is far better, Ive been to Lambeau more than a few times and while very cool to see a game in that environment, not worth it to me.
Same with all major sports actually....

Baseball is the only one where the live experience is so much better IMO. Going to a ballpark with the family on a nice day is one of my favorite things to do. The sport is so much more relaxing, just take it all in and have a good time. Totally agree on the NFL front though. The home experience is so much better now. I will say, being able to see one of those epic games in person when the crowd is going insane, that can be pretty special too.

#5610 3 years ago

I've only went to one football game. A Colts game against the Ravens in 2009. I bought 3rd row seats at the 10 yard line. It was awesome but in retrospect I maybe should have went to another game. There was not a lot of scoring which was standard in a Colts Ravens game. They also were down on our side of the field only once or twice and I don't think they ever scored. It was a fun experience though

I went to my first baseball game this past spring at Fenway. It was a great atmosphere. Start of the season. Everyone is optimistic. There was very little lulls in the action amazingly. Baseball is a sport I don't like to watch on TV but live it was great.

#5611 3 years ago

Redskins are playing extremely well, but have beaten exactly zero decent teams this year. Offense looks amazing, defense looks average. So hard to judge what they are, though, because their competition has been garbage, and they got blown out every time they played a good team. the Packers have been just barely average too, though. Pick: Skins

Seattle over Minnesota.
Steelers over Bengals.
Chiefs over Texans.

#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Agreed, not only would coaches want to avoid that situation but players as well. How can a current Cleveland player watch this go on and should hope things will turn around....it continues to be a mess

#5613 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Redskins are playing extremely well, but have beaten exactly zero decent teams this year. Offense looks amazing, defense looks average. So hard to judge what they are, though, because their competition has been garbage, and they got blown out every time they played a good team. the Packers have been just barely average too, though. Pick: Skins
Seattle over Minnesota.
Steelers over Bengals.
Chiefs over Texans.

Everyone's competition has been garbage this year. The NFL isn't very good this season. Skins will beat the Packers easy, I'll be there to enjoy it.

Seattle over MN
Bengals over Steelers (I don't know...I just think they are due)
Chiefs over Texans

#5614 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The Browns hired a new GM - Paul DePodesta.. if you don't know who that is, it's Jonah Hill from Moneyball. I think it's a smart move, he's had a lot of success in MLB, but who knows if that can translate to the NFL. I think it will really depend on how much room they give him to put together a team. That town needs some continuity, so pair him with a young coach that subscribes to his methods for the next 6 years and leave it alone - what's the worst that can happen? They keep sucking?

Horrible move that couldn't be more "Browns."

Hire a baseball guy to be your football GM? Sure, makes sense. Besides the fact that they are completely different sports and one has a salary cap and the other doesn't, I don't see how that could fail.

#5615 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Horrible move that couldn't be more "Browns."
Hire a baseball guy to be your football GM? Sure, makes sense. Besides the fact that they are completely different sports and one has a salary cap and the other doesn't, I don't see how that could fail.

He's not the GM but the Chief Strategy Officer. Hahahaha

#5616 3 years ago

He's not a baseball guy as much as he is an economist.. He was successful in baseball because he was able to apply statistical analysis to the game, and find the true value of a player. If he can successfully develop that same strategy to football, where there are fewer meaningful individual statistics, I think he will be plenty successful. I'm sure he's also smart enough to have considered all of this himself, I'd be surprised if he didn't already have a strategy in place.

I don't understand your point about a salary cap... you're saying that finding value in players where there's a cap system doesn't have as much value? I would argue that working within the constraints of a cap makes it more valuable.. He cut his teeth working for a low budget team, while other teams had an exponential amount of funds available - and he was successful. Now level that playing field, I don't see how that's a disadvantage to him..

#5617 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He's not a baseball guy as much as he is an economist.. He was successful in baseball because he was able to apply statistical analysis to the game, and find the true value of a player. If he can successfully develop that same strategy to football, where there are fewer meaningful individual statistics, I think he will be plenty successful.

And if my grandma had wheels, she would be a wagon.

You said it yourself, football and baseball stats are apples and oranges. "Moneyball" simply ain't gonna work in the NFL.

This will be a fail, like all recent Browns moves.

I gotta say that as a Redskins die-hard, it's fabulous to see that the Skins are no longer the most pathetic football operation in the NFL. Several other teams are vying for the title currently. I'll go with the Browns at the top, though the Eagles and Dolphins are in the conversation. Honorable mention to the Cowboys, who might clinch it when they bring Johnny Football aboard next season.

And I have no idea why the Bucs fired Lovie Smith. Makes no sense at all.

#5618 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I gotta say that as a Redskins die-hard, it's fabulous to see that the Skins are no longer the most pathetic football operation in the NFL.

I think it was very very risky for Gruden to shun RG3 and stick by Cousins, and I am so glad it has worked out so far. Could be a little turning point for the team, and if they can draft well the next couple years, who knows what could happen. Glad to see Gruden and Zimmer in the playoffs as they were fan favorites here in Cincy.

#5619 3 years ago

Cousins is doing well, maturing nicely. He doesn't look nearly as flustered as he was earlier in the year, but I think occasional brain farts and awkward moments are kind of part of his DNA. He's just not the smoothest dude. That kneel down at the end of the half against Philly was just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen a QB do. Otherwise, he's been fantastic, though.

So I am not trying to take anything away from him, but he is at least partially benefitting from the best pass catching group in football. I'm glad Gruden / McVeigh are finally (reluctantly!) playing to their strengths -- Desean Jackson, Pierre Garçon, Jordan Reed, and Jamison Crowder are an unparallelled group. Jackson is as good a deep threat as anyone in the NFL. Gronk is the only TE better than Reed, and it's closer than most realize (Reed actually had more fantasy points per game than Gronk or anyone else in the NFL -- absolutely absurd he didn't make the pro bowl). Garçon caught 116 balls two years ago, and is tough as hell. Crowder is having a very impressive rookie season - he caught more balls than any rookie in Redskins history (surpassing Art Monk with 59), and is making lots of people miss. This group is what gives the Skins a chance. The rest of the team is relatively ordinary.

I still think their defense kinda sucks. Their #2 corner is an undrafted free agent wide receiver who had never played CB before this year. He's played well, but jeez talk about desperation.

#5620 3 years ago

Plus the Skins have a very Jones-esque owner who at any moment could screw things up.

#5621 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it was very very risky for Gruden to shun RG3 and stick by Cousins, and I am so glad it has worked out so far. Could be a little turning point for the team, and if they can draft well the next couple years, who knows what could happen. Glad to see Gruden and Zimmer in the playoffs as they were fan favorites here in Cincy.

RG3 is one bad run away from being a paraplegic. I don't think it was as risky as you thought. One way or another Cousins was going in given that RG3 hasn't been able to play more than 3 consecutive games since his knee got blown out near the end of his rookie year.

#5622 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You said it yourself, football and baseball stats are apples and oranges. "Moneyball" simply ain't gonna work in the NFL.

We'll see, I guess. I'm interested to see what happens, trainwreck or not. Like I said, what's the worst that can happen, they continue to suck?

The Bucs fired Lovie out of paranoia, they were afraid the Dolphins were going to snatch their OC - whom they apparently felt was significant to the crabburglar's (I just made that up, and I'm proud of myself) development. It's a short sighted move, no doubt.

#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

RG3 is one bad run away from being a paraplegic. I don't think it was as risky as you thought. One way or another Cousins was going in given that RG3 hasn't been able to play more than 3 consecutive games since his knee got blown out near the end of his rookie year.

It was risky because it was the exact opposite of what his insane owner wanted him to do, and because Cousins hadn't shown that he could successfully start in the NFL. He's had his chances and had so far been an INT machine. I thought it was kind of a risky move for those reasons. The ownership, team president/owner crony (BRuce Allen), and majority of the fanbase were solidly behind RG3.

I do suspect the new GM, who was sent to us by the Gods and actually knows something about football, was in Gruden's corner.

Either way I'm happier than a hog in slop. Just got my tickets for Sunday's game (they just released $199 club seats on ticketmaster if anybody is interested, that's far better than the aftermarket right now).

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Either way I'm happier than a hog in slop. Just got my tickets for Sunday's game (they just released $199 club seats on ticketmaster if anybody is interested, that's far better than the aftermarket right now).

Thinking about it ... I had club seats for ten years, it's nice up there ... But my couch is so much more comfortable, and I don't have to drink $9 coors lites ... Or stand in line to piss .. Or wait in 2 hours of traffic to get out of my living room ...

#5625 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Thinking about it ... I had club seats for ten years, it's nice up there ... But my couch is so much more comfortable, and I don't have to drink $9 coors lites ... Or stand in line to piss .. Or wait in 2 hours of traffic to get out of my living room ...

Come on bro, it'll be fun. You deserve it going to so many bad games and so many years of watching a shitty team.

I got last row sec 307. Last row club are dry seats, in case it rains.

#5626 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was risky because it was the exact opposite of what his insane owner wanted him to do, and because Cousins hadn't shown that he could successfully start in the NFL. He's had his chances and had so far been an INT machine. I thought it was kind of a risky move for those reasons. The ownership, team president/owner crony (BRuce Allen), and majority of the fanbase were solidly behind RG3.
I do suspect the new GM, who was sent to us by the Gods and actually knows something about football, was in Gruden's corner.

Are you from that area? How are you a skins fan being in NYC

#5627 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Are you from that area? How are you a skins fan being in NYC

Grew up in Silver Spring, Maryland, during the glory days.

#5628 3 years ago

Anyone here like to bet? What do you think of the games?

KC -3.5 @ HOU
PIT -2.5 @ CIN
SEA -5.5 @ MIN
GB +0.5 @ WSH

KC, PIT & WSH is my spread ticket.

Going to pass on SEA/MIN. Would pick cincy if Dalton wasn't hurt. WSH playing way better then GB right now. KC hottest team in league though Hou defense is tough.

#5629 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

KC -3.5 @ HOU
PIT -2.5 @ CIN
SEA -5.5 @ MIN
GB +0.5 @ WSH
Going to pass on SEA/MIN. Would pick cincy if Dalton wasn't hurt. WSH playing way better then GB right now. KC hottest team in league though Hou defense is tough.

Cincy all day. They always cover when they are dogs. Especially home dogs.

#5630 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

KC -3.5 @ HOU
PIT -2.5 @ CIN
SEA -5.5 @ MIN
GB +0.5 @ WSH

Playoffs always hard to pick but I feel KC is due for a loss. I don't think Houston is all that great but KC is overdue. Unfortunately the The Bengals without Dalton might not be able to score enough points... sorry Chuck. Hope I'm wrong but the Steelers usually put up the points. Seattle might be the best team in all the playoffs now that they are healthy and clicking on all cylinders. Vikings too young and inexperienced. They are up and coming and seem to be ahead of schedule but still need time and experience. If Vikings even cover spread they should be proud. Washington seems to be playing a little over their heads and the Packers are better than they have played lately. This could be high scoring and fun game to watch but I think the Packers survive this one.

#5631 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Playoffs always hard to pick but I feel KC is due for a loss. I don't think Houston is all that great but KC is overdue. Unfortunately the The Bengals without Dalton might not be able to score enough points... sorry Chuck. Hope I'm wrong but the Steelers usually put up the points. Seattle might be the best team in all the playoffs now that they are healthy and clicking on all cylinders.

Said they would cover. I not sure they win, but Cincy always covers when they are a dog.

Also the steelers will be starting a 3rd string RB Saturday. This game is gong to be much closer than most people think.

We could also get to midnight tomorrow and see I'm completely wrong on all fronts, but we will see.

#5632 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Said they would cover. I not sure they win, but Cincy always covers when they are a dog.
Also the steelers will be starting a 3rd string RB Saturday. This game is gong to be much closer than most people think.
We could also get to midnight tomorrow and see I'm completely wrong on all fronts, but we will see.

Hey, I'm just guessing like everyone else. I would be fine if I were wrong on all four games. Just a feeling. Cincy has to hold these guys under 20 points IMO. That hasn't happened much this year. Steelers defense nothing great but just not sure AJ is ready for this.

The Steelers didn't miss Bell as much as everyone thought. They seem to be able to plug any back into that offense and have success. Having Big Ben is the key... I'm pulling for Cincy. Always liked Marvin and very tired of the Steelers. Damn Jets!

#5633 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The Steelers didn't miss Bell as much as everyone thought. They seem to be able to plug any back into that offense and have success. Having Big Ben is the key... I'm pulling for Cincy. Always liked Marvin and very tired of the Steelers.

This is a good point, but they had a backup in Deangelo Williams. Now they are onto some guy named Toussaint. Has played for like 5 secs. Just saying, it doesn't help their cause to be without Williams tomorrow.

However, Big Ben is very very key. The only way I see the Bengals winning this game is if they get CONSTANT pressure on Ben all four quarters and force him into throws that the Bengals pick off. Bengals also need to capitalize on those mistakes too.

If the Bengals can do that, and AJ doesn't turn the ball over, Bengals win.

#5634 3 years ago

Saturday football is the best - I can't wait!

#5635 3 years ago

Playoffs are all about Quarterback matchups.
Roethlisberger over McCarron.
Smith over Hoyer.
Wilson over Bridgewater.
Rodgers over Cousins. (Cousins had a way better year though and packers have no wide receivers)

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Rodgers over Cousins. (Cousins had a way better year though and packers have no wide receivers)

So why are you picking the Packers?

#5638 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Playoffs are all about Quarterback matchups.
Roethlisberger over McCarron.
Smith over Hoyer.
Wilson over Bridgewater.

Disagree about the QB comment. Inexperienced QBs win in the playoffs all the time. Playoffs are all about the teams who were the hottest entering the dance. So teams like redskins, Seahawks, and Chiefs have the best shot at going deep.

#5639 3 years ago

Texans defense has been pretty hot right now. I could see them winning.

#5640 3 years ago

Houston is gonna whip KC's ass.

D is too tough at home plus KC has beaten the Little Sisters of the Poor on this "streak"

#5641 3 years ago

And BTW, the Packers absolutely blow big donkey dicks.

It's bye bye time. Cousins will make Rogers his bitch. No hail mary BS this time.

#5642 3 years ago

I'm picking the redskins not the packers.
Check the records. Typically first time qbs in the playoffs lose. Yes matchups do help and there are exceptions but history says experience wins. It would be funny to see McCarron win a playoff game before Dalton.
I think that a wildcard team will win the afc this year. Pit or KC
Have cash on the cards in the nfc so I'd like to see them win but shithawks are hot and Wilson is actually throwing the ball well.

#5643 3 years ago

UGH!!! No Beast mode!!! Thats really gonna screw me over this week in FF.

#5644 3 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Lynch is a strange bird. Probably scared away by the cold. He's a bit overrated IMO. Anyone Seattle plugs in there at RB does just as good a job or better for much cheaper. They need to dump him which they will. They won't miss him... he will miss Seattle though.

#5645 3 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Not gonna screw me over. I just did a draft yesterday for fantasy playoffs and I got michael. Sucks though. I thought the Seahawks were gonna be rocking and Rollin. They still should be good though.

#5646 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sucks though. I thought the Seahawks were gonna be rocking and Rollin. They still should be good though.

You really think Lynch would make that much difference? Hawks were not too good with him at the beginning of the year and without him their offense is playing maybe better than ever. Plus Lynch would't be that effective in this game after 8 weeks off. Maybe a good decoy but that's about all.

#5647 3 years ago

I assumed he was 100% ready to go. If that was the case, of course he makes a difference. However I said I still thought the Seahawks are good to go, a 100% beast mode would have only made them better.

#5648 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I assumed he was 100% ready to go. If that was the case, of course he makes a difference. However I said I still thought the Seahawks are good to go, a 100% beast mode would have only made them better.

They're better off with Rawls but I'm sure they would have settled for No Show Lynch...

#5649 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

They're better off with Rawls but I'm sure they would have settled for No Show Lynch...

They don't have Rawls. But I would agree with that if they did. Now they are onto michael and brown.

#5650 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They don't have Rawls. But I would agree with that if they did. Now they are onto michael and brown.

I understand that Rawls is out but for the future they need to move on from Lynch. They have actually become a better offense without him IMO. Wilson found out he can play QB pretty well without having to worry about feeding him. Even Michael's has been effective. I think they tried to center their offense too much around their so called 'star' Marshawn Lynch and it actually may have been hurting a bit... they won't miss No Show...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 24.00
$ 7,499.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 19.99
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.99
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
There are 15678 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 314.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside