pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,126 of 1,514.
#56251 1 year ago

Are people really debating if a 25yo receiver that has averaged 1k receiving over 5 years for a run first team is an upgrade?

#56252 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Are people really debating if a 25yo receiver that has averaged 1k receiving over 5 years for a run first team is an upgrade?

Na, just 1 pinsider so far trolling. It takes at least 4 pinsider opinions before ESPN does a story on it.

#56253 1 year ago

I’m glad the Panthers did what they did but they could’ve had Lamar Jackson for a lot less.

#56254 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m glad the Panthers did what they did but they could’ve had Lamar Jackson for a lot less.

Solidarity is a hell of a drug.

#56255 1 year ago

Been traveling so wasn't here for the tag deadline news... but as I said 7 weeks ago... Ravens would use the non-exclusive tag to use the market to convince Lamar to change his position instead of just using the exclusive tag to lock him up.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Not with the wr room we have….
Jimmy g or carr are the only vets i see them even considering. I think plan b is non exclusive tag and let him test the market

Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes hence noting ‘non exclusive tag’. The problem with the exclusive tag is it doesn’t do anything to actually get him closer to signed… it just pushes the deadline. And after this season people doubt his level of commitment when playing under no contract. The exclusive tag locks him in, but doesn’t motivate him or change his perspective on his value.

This path allows the Ravens to pay the a more true market value if they chose. Obviously Lamar has been dug in on a model that just isn't viable for EDC. Unfortunately I don't know if it really moves Lamar emotionally to be dedicated to the team.

There are still a lot of unknowns with Lamar's chronic issues - but at least the Ravens are in on those secrets. Other teams... not so much.

#56256 1 year ago

One of the good ones.

Bud (resized).pngBud (resized).png
#56257 1 year ago

RIP, Bud. Legend

#56258 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding Lamar and not having an agent this is another PITA that makes it hard for him to get a deal. Agents are not essential but they are very helpful. They have contacts and like to get their players paid it's a win-win-win.

Seems like Lamar is worried about somebody making an honest commission off his contract so it might just end up costing him more than the 5% or whatever the percent agents get.

What Lamar is missing in not having an agent is not having someone on his team willing to tell him tough to face realities. The good agents have the experience to evaluate the situation outside of the player's individual assessments of the team or league. They have the experience in structuring deals that can serve their player while avoiding the team's pain points or concerns.

I honestly believe they are in the camp of "we don't need an agent" and worried about who they really are working for.. rather than being worried about a few points. And that's a naive view... one we will have to see how it plays out. Score card isn't really in his favor so far.

#56259 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What Lamar is missing in not having an agent is not having someone on his team willing to tell him tough to face realities. The good agents have the experience to evaluate the situation outside of the player's individual assessments of the team or league. They have the experience in structuring deals that can serve their player while avoiding the team's pain points or concerns.
I honestly believe they are in the camp of "we don't need an agent" and worried about who they really are working for.. rather than being worried about a few points. And that's a naive view... one we will have to see how it plays out. Score card isn't really in his favor so far.

I was also reading somewhere that when the draft was happening for Lamar he didn’t have an agent (someone who could represent him) so teams were talking bad about him and he wasn’t an NFL QB and he needs to switch to WR or RB whatever. So it likely cost him at the draft causing him to slide to the last pick of the first round.

IOW him being a cheapskate might have already cost him a lot more than he saved by not paying an agent to advocate for him. Who knows it could have been other agents talking to clubs about him and he had no representation.

Also negotiating for himself he’s likely too emotional and too dug in to see the forest for the trees.

Bottom line he’s not getting shown in a favorable light during the negotiations.

#56260 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

Who was throwing to him last year?

Whoms throwing to him this year?

#56261 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whoms throwing to him this year?

We can’t all be blessed with a Jared Goff.

#56262 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unfortunately I don't know if it really moves Lamar emotionally to be dedicated to the team.

I think we can all guess how it “moves” Lamar.

#56263 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Also negotiating for himself he’s likely too emotional and too dug in to see the forest for the trees.

This is the biggest part. If you listen to former execs like Pat Kirwan talk about the situation this is the part the agent serves the best. Being that reality check to help the player see beyond the emotional stake. It's a business with lots of moving parts - when you lose the objectivity you are bound to make choices that hurt you. The best player doesn't always get the most money - and that's not because someone cheated them - but includes other factors like timing, place, where the rest of the competition was at at the time, etc. The key is to optimize the various factors to get the best deal they want.

The agent also serves as the emotional shield between the player and the ownership. You can let the agent take the blows or play the bad cop, etc.

Not getting a deal done last year has hurt his stock tremendously. Between his performance, health, and all the deals that have landed since... he's far worse off now than before. The Ravens won't cave for an awful deal - I truly believe they are ready to walk if need be.

#56264 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Well with Moore around maybe Fields can push over the 150 yards a game threshold.

#56265 1 year ago

Dolphins picked up the 5th year on Tua, so they really might be sticking with him for at least 1 more season. I heard a rumor that they might be interested in Matt Ryan as the backup.

#56266 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

lol, and people say its hard to pick up sarcasm on the internet

#56267 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I heard a rumor that they might be interested in Matt Ryan as the backup.

lol!

#56268 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Dolphins picked up the 5th year on Tua...

Probably just for medical insurance

#56269 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably just for medical insurance

Loophole. If you're concussed but still test better than the backup, you get to stay in the game.

#56270 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

One of the good ones.
[quoted image]

Not debating the man’s skills, but the release is a little weird in the wording…. Is “shocked” really the right word for someone passing at 95?

#56271 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

One of the good ones.
[quoted image]

Pretty sure we saw him this year at a Vikings coin flip?

#56272 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Dolphins picked up the 5th year on Tua, so they really might be sticking with him for at least 1 more season. I heard a rumor that they might be interested in Matt Ryan as the backup.

JohnnyPinball007 will become a huge Dolphins fan

#56273 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Solidarity is a hell of a drug.

It just takes one owner to go against the grain tho!

#56274 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It just takes one owner to go against the grain tho!

The list of teams in the QB market is dwindling rapidly.

#56275 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

JohnnyPinball007 will become a huge Dolphins fan

Who dey?

#56276 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The list of teams in the QB market is dwindling rapidly.

The draft will eliminate a few more teams but definitely a few more free agent spots available. Less worthy free agents then jobs I'd say! Who's the top free agent now.. Heineken or the Red Rifle?! I think Rogers moves on but Lamar stays one more year.

#56277 1 year ago

He’s the president of the Matt Ryan fan club

#56278 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’s the president of the Matt Ryan fan club

Do you think Chicago will take Bijan if available at #9?

#56279 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

I don’t think so, I think they go with Paris Johnson or Skoronski. They may surprise and get another wr in Smith-Njigba. Ultimately it’s going to come down to their free agent signings.

#56280 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Man thats way too early for a RB these days.

#56281 1 year ago

Dust it off

CC3016FF-674D-46BA-B56C-69B15C8A34D8 (resized).jpegCC3016FF-674D-46BA-B56C-69B15C8A34D8 (resized).jpeg
#56282 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Any Saints fans on here excited about the pick up?

Anyone who takes Randy’s job is dead to me.

#56283 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone who takes Randy’s job is dead to me.

Good luck filling those shoes.

#56284 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man thats way too early for a RB these days.

It depends if you believe the Faulk comps

#56285 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Guessing his career falls somewhere between Kevin and Marshall so Faulk comparison is definitely valid

#56286 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Meh.
League is so diff'rent now; You can pretty much plug in a guy or 2 on the cheap.

#56287 1 year ago

Rams supposedly trading Ramsey to Miami for a 3rd round pick and a 3rd string Tight End.

#56288 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Rams supposedly trading Ramsey to Miami for a 3rd round pick and a 3rd string Tight End.

Crap WTF Lions could have got in there on that one; Peanuts.

#56289 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Meh.
League is so diff'rent now; You can pretty much plug in a guy or 2 on the cheap.

You'd have to field 12 men though. No one gets that kind of favorable ref treatment outside of KC!

#56290 1 year ago

I think Bijan will go late 1st rd

#56291 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I’m sure Miami will lose draft picks for tampering again….the deal supposedly can’t happen until Wednesday.

#56292 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I’m sure Miami will lose draft picks for tampering again….the deal supposedly can’t happen until Wednesday.

E1F415C9-EC1B-4589-BAB5-A32E32D2FB4B.gifE1F415C9-EC1B-4589-BAB5-A32E32D2FB4B.gif
#56293 1 year ago

Hes not going to shower until wednesday

#56294 1 year ago

pen shaped vape pen

#56295 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Sometimes talent outweighs being a dick.Nice pickup for the Phins.

#56296 1 year ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Sometimes talent outweighs being a dick.Nice pickup for the Phins.

Dust it off

E268F92B-3A6E-46A1-B125-B9941A842B0A (resized).jpegE268F92B-3A6E-46A1-B125-B9941A842B0A (resized).jpeg
#56297 1 year ago

Daron Payne 4 years 90 million

#56298 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Devils advocate…. He got burned quite a bit last year, not sure they are missing out.

#56299 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Devils advocate…. He got burned quite a bit last year, not sure they are missing out.

He's just another decent piece if they are able to trade up or wait for Anderson or Carter for more pressure a good CB would make a lot of diff'rence.
They could always get Slay back as well.

#56300 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Daron Payne 4 years 90 million

Spending turkey ankles kid's inheritance already!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,126 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1126?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.