spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 1,513.
#5551 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Here we go, best 2 weeks of NFL coming up.
I pick
Packers over Redskins
Seahawks over Vikings
Steelers over Bengals
Chiefs over Texans

I say:

Skins over Pack
Vikes over Hawks
Bengals over Steelers
Chiefs over Texans

#5552 8 years ago

Are all the road teams favored to win for the first round of the playoffs?

#5553 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Are all the road teams favored to win for the first round of the playoffs?

If that's true, I'm sure there's gonna be big bets on the home teams.

#5554 8 years ago

Skins over Packers
Seahawks over Vikings
Bengals over Pitt
Chiefs over Texans

Although I would really like to see both Packers and Queens win, I think they are both looking pretty poor right now. Packers have a better chance and it seems like we keep waiting for them to be like they were in previous years. Looks like #12 is in his own head right now.

#5555 8 years ago

I'd guess
GB over Redskins
Seahawks over Vikings (Go Hawks!!)
Steelers over Bengals
Chiefs over Texans

This is getting pretty exciting...

#5556 8 years ago

Who are the Queens? I missed the reference.

Pack over Skins
Hawks over Vikes
Bengals over Steelers
Chiefs over Texans

Every game sounds interesting.

#5557 8 years ago

As a Vikings fan I will say it's been a very fun year to watch them. I figured they were a 8-8 team. But, I think their season ends against the Seahawks. I agree with Centerflank that the next two weekends are by far the best weeks in the NFL season.

Seahawks over Vikes
Skins over Packers
Steelers over Bengals
Chiefs over Texans

#5558 8 years ago

I'm surprised the NFL has both AFC games on Saturday and the NFC games on Sunday. Usually they have one of each on each day.

It's not surprising Coughlin stepped down. He is almost 70 so it's time to retire. The Jags will go one more year before firing Gus Bradley.

#5559 8 years ago

Chip Kelly rumored to be interested in Niners. Kapernick and Kelly would be an interesting pairing.

#5560 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Chip Kelly rumored to be interested in Niners. Kapernick and Kelly would be an interesting pairing.

I'm fine with the 49ers being subpar the next few years, I say go for that dream match up Baalke!

#5561 8 years ago

Great match-ups week one, I can't wait!

Seahawks over Vikings.....Seahawks may be the hottest team in the NFL
Packers over the Redskins......experience is the only reason for this pick, it's going to be tough for the Pack on the road
Bengals over the Steelers.....AJ looks good, will it be enough? Steeler's run game just took a huge hit, going with the home team
Texans over Chiefs.....both teams are red hot going into the playoffs, I'm going with the home team, the"Hoy' is back

#5562 8 years ago

I can't see that Seattle game being anything but an ass whooping

#5563 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I can't see that Seattle game being anything but an ass whooping

Zim always has his crew ready to play. I think this game is going to be much closer than most anticipate.

#5564 8 years ago

I haven't had too much to get excited about in the world of NFL this year, but man did the Dolphins spank the Patriots yesterday.

#5565 8 years ago

Pagano is getting another shot, finally someone keeps a coach. Good call, the players didn't quit on him.

#5566 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Zim always has his crew ready to play. I think this game is going to be much closer than most anticipate.

Maybe but I still doubt it. BTW did I see you have a GOT LE in another thread? You probably hate it by now so I could buy that one off you and free up some space for you I can probably pick it up this weekend, PM me info!

Quoted from tilt-master:

Pagano is getting another shot, finally someone keeps a coach. Good call, the players didn't quit on him.

Was selfishly hoping he'd get canned and come to Tennessee

#5567 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Did they fire Grigson because they should've. O-line was terrible last year and he upgraded with an aging receiver and RB and by not drafting a lineman till the seventh round.

Quoted from Erik:

Was selfishly hoping he'd get canned and come to Tennessee

Don't you want Chip Kelly? I heard another rumor that Tennessee was looking to trade for him before he got fired to pair him with Mariota.

#5568 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Did they fire Grigson because they should've.

I agree, but that remains to be seen. Reports are that Grigson is safe but then again reports said Pagano was fired.

#5569 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

BTW did I see you have a GOT LE in another thread?

I bought a Pro. It's caught up in those Stern delays. I won't have it until at least the end of this month. Woof. Oh and if I ever sell it, it will be years from now. Sorry.

#5570 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bought a Pro. It's caught up in those Stern delays. I won't have it until at least the end of this month. Woof. Oh and if I ever sell it, it will be years from now. Sorry.

Surprised you still don't that yet. Will that be your first NIB?

#5571 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Surprised you still don't that yet. Will that be your first NIB?

Haha yep. Karma has it out for me I guess. I'll take a bengals win Saturday, then karma and I will be all good. Haha.

#5572 8 years ago

Hawks and Vikes better be wearing their long johns! Just heard it could be one of the coldest playoff games in history. Game time temp supposed to be zero and dropping with wind chills in the negative 20-25 degree range... no snow though.

#5573 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Don't you want Chip Kelly? I heard another rumor that Tennessee was looking to trade for him before he got fired to pair him with Mariota.

No! Sounds like some bs his agent cooked up.
I don't think Titans will go the retread route this time.

#5574 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well Chuck we got a big problem. And by we I mean you. After seeing your reply I placed an order for GOT. Now my wife is super pissed at the NIB price and wants to know why you didn't sell me yours. I tried to explain that you just ordered it and you're cool plus all the lean Bengals years so have mercy but you know women. They don't think like us and they never forget.

So anyways I would recommend skipping the Louisville show this year. If you must go grab a disguise like Groucho Marx or Johnny Manziel in Vegas or something. I will try to distract her attention if I see you there just in case

#5575 8 years ago

Haha. I was thinking of bringing my GOT to LAX this year if no one else brings one, but now I'm afraid your wife is gonna show up and take an axe to it. Haha.

#5576 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Although I would really like to see both Packers and Queens win

Why do you want the packers to win? Is it because you disapprove of the Washington team's racist mascot name? That's the only reason i can see.

Skins over Packers by 30
Hawks over Vikings by 40
Steelers over Bungholes
Chefs over JJ Twats team

#5577 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Why do you want the packers to win? Is it because you disapprove of the Washington team's racist mascot name? That's the only reason i can see.
Skins over Packers by 30
Hawks over Vikings by 40
Steelers over Bungholes
Chefs over JJ Twats team

I root for in division once my Bears are done. Packers I would like to see win just for a good friend that is a hard core fan and recently got in a bad car accident (deer came through windshield while driving out in Pitt for work). He is gonna make it but had severe brain damage and rehab will be months before he possibly makes it back to 'normal'. He really looks forward to packer games and it helps him stay in good spirits when they win. More post season for the Packers means good things for Paul.

That said, I still like the hawks due to Wilson and I find them entertaining.

#5578 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I root for in division once my Bears are done.

Really? Is that commonplace for NFC north fans? In the AFC north we want horrible things to happen to each other's teams at all times. Haha. The day I root for the Steelers, Browns, or Ravens is the same day I jump of the roof of Paul Brown Stadium.

#5579 8 years ago

I root for anybody playing the Patriots or Cowboys. Don't know why, but that is what it has come to.

#5580 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I root for anybody playing the Patriots or Cowboys. Don't know why, but that is what it has come to.

Awesome. So if my bengals get super lucky Saturday, the WHODEY nation will officially grow by one. I love it!

#5581 8 years ago

I've got an old friend from Cincy and he has felt the Bengals pain for years. Kinda like mine with the Chargers. So yes, go Bengals!

#5582 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got an old friend from Cincy and he has felt the Bengals pain for years. Kinda like mine with the Chargers. So yes, go Bengals!

I've been to multiple chargers games when the bengals have been out there. Probably the most fun fan base of an opposing team to tailgate with Ive ever seen.

#5583 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably the most fun fan base of an opposing team to tailgate with Ive ever seen.

You should have gone to some of those Raiders-Rams games before they both split. That was a real fun crowd.

#5584 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You should have gone to some of those Raiders-Rams games before they both split. That was a real fun crowd.

You may be talking in the present tense for those match ups again here soon. OAK and STL filed to move to LA

#5585 8 years ago

The last time they played each other here it was like 100 mosh pits going on at the same time in the stands. The fail was the market could have supported one of these teams but not two. Then they both left at the same time.

#5586 8 years ago

I really wish Oakland would go back to LA and leave San Diego and St. Louis alone but I'm opposed to using tax money to keep teams from moving.

#5587 8 years ago

I'm not sure who thinks building a football stadium in LA is a good idea but I have my doubts. It may look good on paper but anybody that has been to Dodger stadium in the last few years knows better. So yeah, bring back the Raiders and let the fun begin.

#5588 8 years ago

It's gonna be a cold one for the hawks this week, forecast is -9 degrees with windchill! This is one I don't mind watching from my room...

#5589 8 years ago

Calvin Johnson mulling over retiring.

Lions would have their 2 greatest players retire while still playing extremely well.

That's so Detroit.

#5590 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Calvin Johnson mulling over retiring.
Lions would have their 2 greatest players retire while still playing extremely well.
That's so Detroit.

Why?

#5591 8 years ago

Woah, was not expecting Lovie Smith to be fired....

#5592 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Not a big Lovie fan, I thought he was too conservative when he was coaching the Bears, but who are they going to get that is better than he is? It was time for a change in Chicago, but give the man one more year in Tampa. The expectations for the NFL are unrealistic. Coaches have to win now, 1st round QB's have to be impact players their rookie seasons. Crazy. Rodgers sat for 3 years waiting for Favre to retire. Payton Manning had a terrible rookie season.

#5593 8 years ago

They can bring any team here they want. The Raiders were the only team to win a Lombardi trophy for this desert.

#5594 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I was shocked to hear Smith got fired as well. I thought Tampa made some big improvements this year. I wonder if the Bangles will fire Marvin Lewis if they lose in the first round again this year.

#5595 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I was shocked to hear Smith got fired as well. I thought Tampa made some big improvements this year. I wonder if the Bangles will fire Marvin Lewis if they lose in the first round again this year.

Agreed, they were pretty legit and they dumped Lovie, strange for sure.

Cmon playoffs!!!!

#5596 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I was shocked to hear Smith got fired as well.

Strange for sure. I wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes? Doesn't make sense unless they have some sort of plan in place. Chip Kelly to coach Jameis Winston???

#5597 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

They would be dumb if they do. Success is so hard to come by in the NFL. He's only had 3 losing seasons in 13 years. He's won 10 games every year for the last 4 years. I could see them thinking "we haven't had any success in the post season, let's find another coach." There are so many teams that would love to have the success that the Bengals have had. A team should want to win championships but consistency has to come first. Of the last 14 Super Bowl Champs, only 3 coaches have won before their fourth year. Belichek, Mike Tomlin, Jon Gruden. 2 of those coaches success was dependent on the previous coach.

#5598 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Strange for sure. I wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes? Doesn't make sense unless they have some sort of plan in place. Chip Kelly to coach Jameis Winston???

This is the thing that can stunt a young QB's growth, not sure how much of the coaching staff is getting flipped but a new offense and play caller can be tough to learn if a QB isn't deep into studying the playbook.

#5599 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This is the thing that can stunt a young QB's growth, not sure how much of the coaching staff is getting flipped but a new offense and play caller can be tough to learn if a QB isn't deep into studying the playbook.

Agree, that's why I think there has to be something going on behind the scenes. No way they just dump him because of performance. Plus they have to pay him 10 mil to walk... somethings gotta be up!

#5600 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Agree, that's why I think there has to be something going on behind the scenes. No way they just dump him because of performance. Plus they have to pay him 10 mil to walk... somethings gotta be up!

10 mill? Holy Shit!!!! To be honest, this is why I don't like buying NFL tix, Ill watch for free at home. The experience is far better, Ive been to Lambeau more than a few times and while very cool to see a game in that environment, not worth it to me.

Same with all major sports actually....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.