pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,109 of 1,516.
#55401 1 year ago

I'm completely over bitching about halftime shows. I mean, it's a halftime show, who gives a fuck?

We had a solid decade where they trotted out ancient classic rockers every year, and I'll admit I loved it. But most of those guys are well into their 70s or dead now so you can't expect them to bring out the dinosaurs any more.

My GF loves Rhianna so she loved the show. I liked sitting there waiting for a special guest appearance from Steven Tyler that never came. The music sounds good on my boomy sound system so I got to show it off to my guests. I restocked the chips and dips and ate my last buffalo wing. And 10 minutes later football was back on.

It was all fine. And hey maybe next time we'll finally get AC/DC for one last classic rock gasp.

#55402 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

.... That penalty wasn't a penalty...

I mean it's a penalty we've seen called 100 times this season.

#55403 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean it's a penalty we've seen called 100 times this season.

Yeah. BUT IT WAS THE SUPER BOWL!

For some reason penalties like that shouldn't count when IT'S THE SUPER BOWL.

I really don't get the complaining. It was a very low-key game as far as officials go. There were no personal foul calls to get steamed about, I don't even remember an actual PI call (except one OPI). For the most part they "let 'em play!!!" which is what everybody asks for all the time.

Besides the SUper Bowl, I swear I don't remember the last game I saw with no personal foul flags.

#55404 1 year ago

Just want to acknowledge the brilliance, again, of the KC front office. That 10 year deal Mahomes got was brilliant, and moving on from Hill was even more brilliant. They can afford to keep the oline around (for the most part, I doubt Brown stays around) , and just recycle running backs / middle of the road receivers for years to come.

Zero sacks vs that Eagle defense is just silly.

#55405 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah. BUT IT WAS THE SUPER BOWL!
For some reason penalties like that shouldn't count when IT'S THE SUPER BOWL.
I really don't get the complaining. It was a very low-key game as far as officials go. There were no personal foul calls to get steamed about, I don't even remember an actual PI call (except one OPI). For the most part they "let 'em play!!!" which is what everybody asks for all the time.
Besides the SUper Bowl, I swear I don't remember the last game I saw with no personal foul flags.

If it doesn't get called and the eagles manage to win it, it just goes the other with complaints about a missed holding call. I thought the officiating was fine, and pretty much felt that way all year (after they relaxed their points of emphasis).

The idea that this was scripted is insane to me, as it always is. It would have been a lot easier to let that 2nd scoop and score stand if that's the outcome they wanted.

#55406 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just want to acknowledge the brilliance, again, of the KC front office. That 10 year deal Mahomes got was brilliant, and moving on from Hill was even more brilliant. They can afford to keep the oline around (for the most part, I doubt Brown stays around) , and just recycle running backs / middle of the road receivers for years to come.

Was there a single sack in the game? I think maybe technically one or two when Hurts ran out of bounds?

It really was a pretty clean as far as sacks, flags, and mistakes go. Hurts' fumble was the only real miscue. And mahomes made a pretty dumb throw at one point at the line of scrimmage that could have been picked but wasn't.

#55407 1 year ago

A 45 year old David Bowie would have been awesome. Popular songs to choose from and you know he would have done some great performing.

I miss left shark…

#55408 1 year ago

Just a couple things.RiRi has a great voice but I can’t get into tethered pregnant women rubbing their crotch and then sniffing and faux licking fingers.
I agree with what Aikman said on
the Dan Patrick show that most didn’t see the first part of the penalty play.
The Eagles defense blew it but they will return next year(possibly)
But that’s what Dan Marino probably thought too
Taylor Swift would be a good choice for the halftime show.
I think Muse could put on a good show!Stick to the catchier tunes and bring the tech!See Muse live in Rome Starlight Knights of Cydonia and the like

#55409 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The idea that this was scripted is insane to me, as it always is. .

Only morons believe this. Why do I know?

Whysnow?

#55410 1 year ago

The Avett Brothers would be fun.
My grandson would like to see a Paw Patrol half time show.

#55411 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Was there a single sack in the game? I think maybe technically one or two when Hurts ran out of bounds?

Good question...and his fumble happened before anyone hit him.

Quoted from romulusx:

... but I can’t get into tethered pregnant women rubbing their crotch and then sniffing and faux licking fingers

Weird, because it sounds great to me

#55412 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I must be old ,I thought the half time show sucked but my Son liked it.

It's not my style of music but she's talented and the show was enjoyable enough. Almost as interesting checking out the rigging, tethers and safety measures as it was looking watching the performance.

#55413 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I give the KC brass even more credit for keeping Brittney and Jackson off the sidelines and off the cameras for the entire game! Wasn't sure if they were even there until the post game interviews and noticed them both in the crowd.

#55414 1 year ago

The idea that this was scripted is insane to me, as it always is. It would have been a lot easier to let that 2nd scoop and score stand if that's the outcome they wanted.

Worse than that is the conspiracy theorists who believe that wasn't the real Damar Hamlin sitting with Goodell and the Kelce boy's mom. Apparently he didn't have the same neck tattoos and it was actually recording artist Michael B Jordan!

#55415 1 year ago

How big is the celebration at Burrowhead Stadium?

#55416 1 year ago

People bitching that the half-time recipe has changed are missing that Rhianna herself is an oldies act now. Hasn't put out an album in seven years and her hits are 10-20 years old. Not quite as ancient as the Stones were in 2006, maybe, but the concept is the same. They're hitting that nostalgia sweet-spot for the 40-somethings that buy cars, same as it ever was.

They'll slip up and put on a The Weeknd every ten years or so, and then get back to the formula.

#55417 1 year ago

Who were the blonde hotties they were showing in the Hunt box?

#55418 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Who were the blonde hotties they were showing in the Hunt box?

Hunts

#55419 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just a couple things.RiRi has a great voice but I can’t get into tethered pregnant women rubbing their crotch and then sniffing and faux licking fingers.

Spot on. Rihanna has talent, what she did last night was a disgrace. Her lip syncing was so bad, it was like she didn't even care. Pretending to sniff and lick her stank finger, oh yeah, what a wonderful moment in television for our younger generation. Like I said, she was a disgrace last night and she didn't have to be.

Maybe my stalker will downvote me again!

#55420 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Spot on. Rihanna has talent, what she did last night was a disgrace. Her lip syncing was so bad, it was like she didn't even care. Pretending to sniff and lick her stank finger, oh yeah, what a wonderful moment in television for our younger generation. Like I said, she was a disgrace last night and she didn't have to be.

Im not ususally 1 to complain about bare ass broads shaking it but it really is supposed to be Family Friendly.And if you smell your own crotch finger thats weird not hot.

#55421 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

My kids said it was the worst half time show they've ever seen.....all are teenagers

#55422 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My kids said it was the worst half time show they've ever seen.....all are teenagers

You have smart kids

#55423 1 year ago

Oh man the family friendly crowd is always the best.

#55424 1 year ago

I'm I the only one who noticed that Clark Hunt is kind of an unfortunate name?

If he hadn't been born a billionaire destined to inherit an NFL team I'd feel bad for him.

#55425 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Pretending to sniff and lick her stank finger, oh yeah, what a wonderful moment in television for our younger generation.

That was the best part!!!

#55426 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

And if you smell your own crotch finger thats weird not hot.

well damn I've been doing that after every post for years

#55427 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

what would you tell your younger kids or grandkids who are enjoying the game .Hey come checkout some asses and yes they have crotch itch thats why they are holding themselves.

#55428 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

are you the Dad wearing a speedo at the kids pool party ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#55429 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

wearing a speedo

I just had my lunch (cheesesteak ofc), and you show us this picture.

I thought we were pals.

#55430 1 year ago

Well my 6 year old was too busy dancing around to ask aboot the crotch sniffing but hey, kids sniff weird things all day I dont think it would send them down a dark life path.
Asses, grinding around, sniffing; thats just dancing guys. Sure as shit wasn't as explicit (which i hate to use ) as music videos have been for decades.

Edit: I have a much better ass than that old man.

#55431 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well my 6 year old was too busy dancing around to ask aboot the crotch sniffing but hey, kids sniff weird things all day I dont think it would send them down a dark life path.
Asses, grinding around, sniffing; thats just dancing guys. Sure as shit wasn't as explicit (which i hate to use ) as music videos have been for decades.

I just reposted that dude in the I hate levi thread by Don what a mess

#55432 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm I the only one who noticed that Clark Hunt is kind of an unfortunate name?
If he hadn't been born a billionaire destined to inherit an NFL team I'd feel bad for him.

At least it's not Mike

#55433 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude she’s pregnant.I know your digging the reaction but this was not classy at all.

#55434 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That was the best part!!!

OMG , I was crying! We were cracking jokes it was so bad. You know, get her some vagisil? Is that appropriate for young kids though? Nope

#55435 1 year ago

TheLaw you are not my stalker.....how dare you? LMAO

#55436 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I just reposted that dude in the I hate levi thread by Don what a mess

haha I didn't know about that thread til you mentioned it, but it has the makings of a classic! What did levi do to trigger this guy?

#55437 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

haha I didn't know about that thread til you mentioned it, but it has the makings of a classic! What did levi do to trigger this guy?

You dont really have to do anything wrong with this cat

#55438 1 year ago

I just tell my kids it's not real, it's just a performance. I missed the crotch sniff, but they lost interest anyway.

Normally my biggest complaint during football is the scary movie trailers. My son is definitely gonna be freaking out over giant bunnies at some point this week.

#55439 1 year ago

Unlike most of you I'm not a huge Rihanna fan. It felt like she did snippets of 30 songs, none of which I'd heard other than Umbrella. I might have preferred fewer songs but get more of each. And obviously dancing sharks would have killed it

TBH I kept expecting more people to come out and sing their tunes, but nope. Probably tricky logistics with all the moving platforms

#55440 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude she’s pregnant.I know your digging the reaction but this was not classy at all.

Haha what does that even mean?
Pregnant women are sexual creatures guys.

#55441 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

TBH I kept expecting more people to come out and sing their tunes, but nope. Probably tricky logistics with all the moving platforms

They should do this every year, but just have it be Usher & Slash who join every time. If they can bail out Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas they can bail out anyone.

#55442 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha what does that even mean?
Pregnant women are sexual creatures guys.

Wait till they find out just HOW she got pregnant.

#55443 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They should do this every year, but just have it be Usher & Slash who join every time. If they can bail out Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas they can bail out anyone.

Yeah, let's not forget how bad some of these years really were. I blocked out the black eyed peas, and that reminder also brought out repressed maroon 5 memories. Yikes.

At least we had moving platforms, but I was expecting some Sir Paul!

#55444 1 year ago

Yeah, let's not forget how bad some of these years really were. I blocked out the black eyed peas, and that reminder also brought out repressed maroon 5 memories. Yikes.
At least we had moving platforms, but I was expecting some Sir Paul!

Everybody in here sleeping on the GOAT halftime show. Right shark (featuring Katy Perry).

baby-shark-katy-perry.gifbaby-shark-katy-perry.gif
#55445 1 year ago

Just got off the plane to Beastie boys playing on the PA. Crowd estimates for Wednesday’s parade and rally are 500k to 1 million.

reid34 (resized).pngreid34 (resized).png
#55446 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Just got off the plane to Beastie boys playing on the PA. Crowd estimates for Wednesday’s parade and rally are 500k to 1 million.
[quoted image]

Not bad, but not near the attendance of the mid-season bills SB parade

#55447 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:I'm completely over bitching about halftime shows. I mean, it's a halftime show, who gives a fuck?
We had a solid decade where they trotted out ancient classic rockers every year, and I'll admit I loved it. But most of those guys are well into their 70s or dead now so you can't expect them to bring out the dinosaurs any more.
My GF loves Rhianna so she loved the show. I liked sitting there waiting for a special guest appearance from Steven Tyler that never came. The music sounds good on my boomy sound system so I got to show it off to my guests. I restocked the chips and dips and ate my last buffalo wing. And 10 minutes later football was back on.
It was all fine. And hey maybe next time we'll finally get AC/DC for one last classic rock gasp.

How is it any better saying that someone is ineligible to perform at SB halftime simply because they’re too old than it would be to say that they can’t perform because they’re black, or a woman, or gay, etc.?

In the past two years, Mick and Keith (both turned 78 in 2021 and 79 in 2022) sold out arenas internationally. Mick has more energy performing for 2.5 hours than the average pinhead would have playing pinball for that long.

#55448 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

How is it any better saying that someone is ineligible to perform at SB halftime simply because they’re too old than it would be to say that they can’t perform because they’re black, or a woman, or gay, etc.?
In the past two years, Mick and Keith (both turned 78 in 2021 and 79 in 2022) sold out arenas internationally. Mick has more energy performing for 2.5 hours than the average pinhead would have playing pinball for that long.

Well first off, all the geezers ALREADY did the halftime show when they are in their 60s. You want to bring them out again now?!

Let's be realistic here. The Jurassic era for super bowl halftime shows is over. You are just gonna have to suck it up and accept that it's the 40ish year olds time now.

I got no problem with the geezer acts I go see them all the time, but you can't expect the NFL to cater exclusively to the AARP set, they want to appeal to a younger demographic.

#55449 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230213_174129 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230213_174129 (resized).jpg
#55450 1 year ago

The only reason we got geriatric rockers is because the last attempt to bring in the young folk resulted in an almost exposed nipple!

We're just one nearly visible areola away from a return to glory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,778 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,109 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1109 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.