spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,091 of 1,513.
#54501 1 year ago

It’s weird. I know the bengals have only been really good for two seasons, but I felt myself kind of bored this postseason and just waiting for the SB. I’m truly in SB or bust mode right now.

#54502 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Have any of you guys gone back to re-watch the final 2:30 minutes of the AFC Championship game?

I don’t think I’ve ever rewatched a game.

#54503 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s weird. I know the bengals have only been really good for two seasons, but I felt myself kind of bored this postseason and just waiting for the SB. I’m truly in SB or bust mode right now.

It’s so weird. Not being cocky for a change, it’s just really weird.

Also , Burrow getting his money before Lamar. Crazy

#54504 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Have any of you guys gone back to re-watch the final 2:30 minutes of the AFC Championship game?

My mental health is important to me. So no.

#54505 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Re-watching it provides clarity. The stars of the final 2:30 minutes were all BBQs players.

I would like to see an analysis of that punt and return. I would love to see an NFL official review the punt return and identify any penalties.

Burrow should not be happy with how their final possession played out.

#54506 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

My mental health is important to me. So no.

I can understand that. Sometimes I go back and rewatch, but other times it is too depressing.

#54507 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Re-watching it provides clarity. The stars of the final 2:30 minutes were all BBQs players.
I would like to see an analysis of that punt and return. I would love to see an NFL official review the punt return and identify any penalties.
Burrow should not be happy with how their final possession played out.

I saw all this the first time. Cause I watched it. Haha

#54508 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This guy either.. assume everyone seen this clown smashing his TV. Convenient how there's always someone near-by filming these moments..

cowboy-angry (resized).pngcowboy-angry (resized).png

#54509 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

This guy either.. assume everyone seen this clown smashing his TV. Convenient how there's always someone near-by filming these moments..
[quoted image]

Totally staged. Yeah here I have a Crappy 30 something inch TV and lets film me smashing it. Cause 20 people are in a room watching the game on a tiny TV. Fukn clowns

#54510 1 year ago

Unless I'm getting paid for my analysis as a professional, I'm never rewatching a game. And I'm watching the all 22. Not network film

#54511 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

There's also that video of that loser Skip Bayless throwing his cowboys jersey in the trash. Like the second record wasn't paused he didn't fish it out of a new garage can.

#54513 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not proud, very surprised. Bye bye Mixon.
Hopefully they find a good blocking/ receiving back to replace him.

Reasons Cincinnati Bengals would consider cutting Joe Mixon

[X] 26 year old RB
[X] 12.8M cap number for 2023
[X] 13.1M cap number for 2024
[X] 3.9 career yards per carry
[ ] menacing someone with a handgun

#54515 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Reasons Cincinnati Bengals would consider cutting Joe Mixon
[X] 26 year old RB
[X] 12.8M cap number for 2023
[X] 13.1M cap number for 2024
[X] 3.9 career yards per carry
[ ] menacing someone with a handgun

RBs are easily replaceable.let alone an 800 yard rusher

#54516 1 year ago

Some incredible running backs in the free agent pool. I dont see giving 10 mil plus to any of them though. Pollard would be amazing.

#54517 1 year ago

Just draft one in the 3rd round, supplement with Perrine or a cheap FA and roll with that.

#54518 1 year ago

What the hell is up with all this talk "the NFL is rigged" BS, just need to knock it off and let us just enjoy football.

#54519 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

What the hell is up with all this talk "the NFL is rigged" BS, just need to knock it off and let us just enjoy football.

I don't think we have any NFL truthers here since Whysnow got the boot.

#54520 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

People get confused into thinking inept refs = rigged.

The NFL has a real issue in that these games are too important to leave in the hands of refs who constantly blow/miss calls. No clue what the answer is, but its 2023 and time to fix this part of the game.

#54521 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The NFL has a real issue in that these games are too important to leave in the hands of refs who constantly blow/miss calls. No clue what the answer is, but its 2023 and time to fix this part of the game.

The answer is make every play reviewable but that would make every game 4+ hours long.

I do think they should consider microchipping footballs or something for goal line calls. Seems like it could be done.

I know we have a lot of sore Bengals fans here this week, but I don't think any of you have suggested that the Refs stole the game, right? It hasn't been discussed here much I don't think but that was clearly a late hit/bonehead play at the end of the game.

#54522 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I get that people do not like some of the calls, hell I didn't like some of the calls made in the AFC Championship game but I sure as hell don't think it's rigged. Some bad calls go our way, some do not but I don't think any calls are made with the intentions of changing an outcome.

#54523 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Every game, there’s missed/blown calls. Thats just, really, the reality in major sports. It just sucks when it’s during a final/championship.

#54524 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know we have a lot of sore Bengals fans here this week, but I don't think any of you have suggested that the Refs stole the game, right? It hasn't been discussed here much I don't think but that was clearly a late hit/bonehead play at the end of the game.

No I don't think any Bengals fans here thin we were intentionally cheated or at least I hope not as it's just preposterous. I'm pissed at my own fan base bashing of #58, the guy was just caught up in the moment and screwed up period.

#54525 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Every game, there’s missed/blown calls. Thats just, really, the reality, in major sports. It just sucks when it’s during a final/championship.

Wondering out loud -- Why can't they add 1 more on field ref for playoffs? Wouldn't that increase the odds 20% or so, that calls are not blown? I have no idea how many calls are like -- voted on 3-1 or whatever on the field, just asking out of the blue.

#54526 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do think they should consider microchipping footballs or something for goal line calls. Seems like it could be done.

Please explain how many chips are in each ball you need to make a usable 3d model in real time!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...but I don't think any of you have suggested that the Refs stole the game, right? It hasn't been discussed here much I don't think but that was clearly a late hit/bonehead play at the end of the game.

There were a lot of iffy calls at the end that went for KC no doubt; it was poor officaiting .
Reaching ball out for 1st down; rule implemented wrong.
Possible block in the back on kick off; could go either way.

A couple weird ones.

#54527 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Every game, there’s missed/blown calls. Thats just, really, the reality in major sports. It just sucks when it’s during a final/championship.

Yeah, thats always the argument, doesnt make it right though. To your point, we cant have this stuff in championship/elimination games.

#54528 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

It just sucks when it’s during a final/championship.

And that's just it, it goes on all season and not much is said until it's in that one moment where some ones hopes are dashed and then it's wrong....bs watch the games and shut the F*^! up. Bengals had more than one opportunity to put that game away and came up short. Kudos to KC for getting the job done it doesn't mean the Bengals are done we will be back period!

#54529 1 year ago

And things like if they made a first down or crossed the goal line shouldn’t even need a review. Put chips in the balls and have them tracked via the pylons.

#54530 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bengals had more than one opportunity

Yup, it's really a bummer that in pro sports, we allow ourselves, commentators, and online fan bases to obsess and over-weight the value of the sacred "last play", when the truth is, there is ALWAYS more than one opportunity to capitalize MORE or make one LESS mistake elsewhere during the match, and the last play is just the EASIEST one to REMEMBER and it truly isn't necessarily the "lynch pin" play of the game. It gets over-weighted every time it happens in such a dramatic fashion like what we just saw with the KC-CIN game.

Lazy recall, and over-weighting the final drive or play. Unfair pressure on #58. If he makes that SAME PLAY in the first drive, nobody is talking about the field goal. It goes right in the amnesia/forgive-and-forget bucket.

#54531 1 year ago

Some of the Bad or missing calls come when an official is within a few feet of a play and looking right at it.And then theres inconsistency,One ref calls one way and another calls same play different.Before the Niners vs Eagles game I posted about rigged game and the refs stole it.That was sarcasm my intention was to nip it in the bud before it got started.
Summary
The Earth is Round and officials arent cheats they are just Blind.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#54532 1 year ago

Seems to me if the rules were implemented, there is a penalty or 5 on every single play. I see plenty of holding on every single play. Offensive and defensive. I see pass interference offensive and defensive on every pass. Push offs, clutching, grabbing, holding....every single play.

#54533 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

chips in the balls

Yeah, and switch to a "goal-line ball" when the ball is on the 5 or closer -- and OBVIOUSLY not going to be thrown more than 10 yards, and the chip is less of a factor in terms of weight and spin-wobble compared to a 60 yard bomb where you want a perfectly balanced ball.

-mof

#54534 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the AFC championship was atrocious in terms of officiating and the bad calls / no calls were very much in favor of the Chiefs, including the Mahomes scramble where 2 obvious holding calls were missed. Rigged? No way, I dont believe that for a second, just painfully inept. The fact most of the bad calls hurt the Bengals was a coincidence.

Bad refs have always been "part of the game" but I just dont see how its still a thing. At this point in the season all the teams are so evenly matched, and a missed call one way or the other can absolutely change the outcome of the game.

#54535 1 year ago

How about inconsistent roughing calls
Rogers or Brady Roughing or No Name Rookie Roughing

Go Eagles

#54536 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Rogers or Brady (((or Mahomes))) Roughing

No doubt, if you LOOK at these guys wrong, you are seeing yellow.

I'm definitely not wearing a tin foil hat saying, "A MEMO DEFINITELY WENT OUT BEFORE THE SEASON BEGAN" in all caps, but... sheesh.

#54537 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Bad refs have always been "part of the game" but I just dont see how its still a thing.

It will always be part of the game, so long as there are human refs. Even the best refs miss calls from time to time.

#54538 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

refs miss calls

Not to switch sports, let's stay on the NFL, but I always marvel at how good the first-base ump is at calling safe/outs on those close plays -- where it's BOSS-LEVEL MILLISECOND AWARENESS. As for strike/ball umps not gonna touch that one, hahaha.

-mof

#54539 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please explain how many chips are in each ball you need to make a usable 3d model in real time!

The answer is obviously 6.

You're welcome!

#54541 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

how about,
JUST THE TIP?

That's great only if it goes it tip first and not side girth.

#54542 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's great only if it goes it tip first and not side girth.

It's not really out job to figure this out. Not sure if you noticed but the NFL is a hundreds of billions of dollar business and I think if they put their minds to it, they could probably pull this off. Unless you are suggesting it's somehow impossible or too expensive?

#54543 1 year ago

Anyone who carries girth-first doesn't deserve the benefit of a chip.

#54544 1 year ago

A-A-ron just ruled out SF on the golf course. That's 1 speculative landing spot off the map.

OH THE SUSPENSE!

#54545 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...Not sure if you noticed but the NFL is a hundreds of billions of dollar business and I think if they put their minds to it....

Replays done on a 10" tablet with a cardboard box surrounding it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...Unless you are suggesting it's somehow impossible or too expensive?

I'm suggesting everything should be pretty easy to figure out by the richest company that pays no taxes...but here we are.

Quoted from mof:

Anyone who carries girth-first doesn't deserve the benefit of a chip.

Standard nonsensical Mof reply

#54547 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Anyone who carries girth-first doesn't deserve the benefit of a chip

Most runners do carry the ball sideways or girth wise in their arms

#54548 1 year ago

Trade is not an option. No way anyone would take him. Just cut him and get the cap space.

#54549 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Trade is not an option. No way anyone would take him. Just cut him and get the cap space.

Either way I'm for it happening.

#54550 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Standard nonsensical Mof reply

"Use your mind, Luke."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,091 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1091 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.