pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,089 of 1,516.
#54401 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

2023 first (how do they have one??) and a 2024 second. Wow. So dumb.

Wow. Good luck with that Payton.

He's coming back for the money and doesn't give a shit, and this is a TERRIBLE situation for any coach to try to clean up. I predict failure.

#54402 1 year ago

"Breaking: Saints and Broncos are finalizing compensation in return for Super Bowl-winning HC Sean Payton, sources tell ESPN. This clears the way for Payton to sign with the Broncos to become Denver’s next head coach.
And so Payton is expected to head to Denver as the Broncos’ next head coach"

#54403 1 year ago

If true this is idiotic. Didn’t expect to see Walmart’s inherent nihilism manifest so soon or so plainly.

#54404 1 year ago

I guess the only way to improve a washed up QB is to hire a washed up coach. Broncos reaching Browns level desperation.

#54405 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow. Good luck with that Payton.. I predict failure.

Of course you do!

#54406 1 year ago

I don't get Payton going there. Bronco's don't pick till twice in the 3rd round this year. That team is already over next year's increased cap. Wilson is broken. He must be getting a crap load of money.

#54407 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I don't get Payton going there

Quoted from tomdrum:

He must be getting a crap load of money.

Nah, you get it

#54408 1 year ago

Been a steady decline in Denver since the loss of Pat Bowlen.

#54409 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because he's a young player and I dont feel like they will wait for him. If he had just lost the champ game they'd be pumping him up and basically making him the starter and working him all off season; hes gonna lose all that now. 6 months is a long time

Nah! he'll be fine ... modern medicine is pretty incredible + he was always gonna compete with Lance anyways ... He proved quite a bit this year

#54410 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nah! he'll be fine ... modern medicine is pretty incredible + he was always gonna compete with Lance anyways ... He proved quite a bit this year

But will either of them be able to fend off the force of nature that is Jimmy G?!

#54411 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But will either of them be able to fend off the force of nature that is Jimmy G?!

They won't have too worry about it as your boy is signing in Washington

#54412 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Never. Never!!!

I’m Sam Howell ride or die. Time
To give the cheap young guy a chance, no more expensive retreads please.

#54413 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Read those beads Brotha

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#54414 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Never. Never!!!

someone will sign him, but its on the cheap I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners tried to keep him as a backup?

#54415 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Never. Never!!!

How did that go with Heiny?

#54416 1 year ago

Jimmy to Jets
Carr to washington (insert this years team name here)

#54417 1 year ago

Just looked at the Wilson contract details. Bronco's are pretty much fucked. The soonest they could cut him would be the before the 2026 season. He's $59.4M salary would be divided into $31.2M in dead money and save $27.2M in cap space. A 2025 cut would cost a mind boggling $49.6M hit in dead money.

They won't be competitive barring a miracle or the rebirth of Wilson for years.

#54418 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

How did that go with Heiny?

Come on dude.

He was a UDFA emergency Covid QB.

#54419 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Just looked at the Wilson contract details. Bronco's are pretty much fucked. The soonest they could cut him would be the before the 2026 season. He's $59.4M salary would be divided into $31.2M in dead money and save $27.2M in cap space. A 2025 cut would cost a mind boggling $49.6M hit in dead money.
They won't be competitive barring a miracle or the rebirth of Wilson for years.

They should be competitive next year. They have an excellent defense and Payton will improve the offense.

#54420 1 year ago

Since Manning still lives in Denver they should offer a advisory position.Paton,Payton and Peyton.

#54421 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on dude.
He was a UDFA emergency Covid QB.

He was cheap…and not a ginger. Haha. They gave Heiny ample chances to take the job over. After all, there is a magic about him.

#54422 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

They should be competitive next year. They have an excellent defense and Payton will improve the offense.

Will they have a winning season next year?

#54423 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

He was cheap…and not a ginger. Haha. They gave Heiny ample chances to take the job over. After all, there is a magic about him.

He’s a good backup.

Next season he’ll be a good backup somewhere else.

He was never “the plan.” He was a backup who kept getting to play because the retreads they brought in (smith, fitz, wentz) to start got hurt. He did better than expected but nobody ever wanted him as QB1.

Howell has potential and I’d rather see what he’s got than go for another wash up cast off.

#54424 1 year ago

Chase Young was a Heiny believer! I vote for a Heiny and Jimmy G combo for 2023.

#54425 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Seems like a reasonable chance

#54426 1 year ago

I love that you guys can keep a lively vigorous discussion going for 12 more days before the "great hibernation" starts up again.... sigh.

#54427 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

I love that you guys can keep a lively vigorous discussion going for 12 more days before the "great hibernation" starts up again.... sigh.

less than a month til the underwear olympics!

#54428 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Chase Young was a Heiny believer! I vote for a Heiny and Jimmy G combo for 2023.

Thats a horrible thing to wish on Jimmy

#54429 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

That has to be the idea, selling the farm (again) for coaching. We’re all in on Wilson working out, and now bringing in an established coach to try to make that happen. If it flames out were even more screwed, but things were ugly to begin with so fuck it, I guess?

I’m not thrilled with this move.

#54430 1 year ago

I just don’t like the wash up coach with nothing to prove. He’s already won a super bowl. He’s already rich. What’s going to motivate him in Denver? He can suck as much as he wants and will walk away with millions and just stroll back into a broadcast booth. Like Jimmy Johnson before him.

Just seems like total desperation. And the team is a cap disaster and I can’t imagine they have any draft picks left for a while.

#54431 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don’t like the wash up coach with nothing to prove. He’s already won a super bowl. He’s already rich. What’s going to motivate him in Denver? He can suck as much as he wants and will walk away with millions and just stroll back into a broadcast booth.

I thought of Jon Gruden. But at least the Raiders didn't burn picks to get him, only cash.

#54432 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Let's not forget the USFL is coming up. LOL.

#54433 1 year ago

Brady just retired again. This time for good?

#54434 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I think it is for good. He'll be in the broadcast booth next year.

#54435 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Quoted from tomdrum:

I think it is for good. He'll be in the broadcast booth next year.

Makes a little more sense with Payton heading to Den; easy swap. Payton wasn't very good on TV either

#54436 1 year ago

He's already got a giant contract waiting for him, if I remember correctly. And that's not even considering the under-the-table paid appearance money from the pats!

#54437 1 year ago

Sorry 9'ers

Screenshot_20230201_074033_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_074033_Instagram (resized).jpg
#54438 1 year ago

This means Rodgers definitely will not retire. Trade imminent!

#54439 1 year ago

J-E-T-S Jets.

#54440 1 year ago

You wore out your welcome, with random precision….

#54441 1 year ago

He's already got a giant contract waiting for him, if I remember correctly

Fox sports.

"American football icon Tom Brady will move into the television commentary booth when he finally calls time on his NFL career after agreeing a deal with Fox Sports on Tuesday reportedly worth a record-shattering $375 million ($540m) over 10 years."

#54442 1 year ago

Now if they hire AB, they have their answer to manning/manning

#54443 1 year ago

Have you seen Bradys new girlfriend? Veronika Rajek

He always chose football over family but looks like he's ready to enjoy something new and can't blame him. Wow

#54444 1 year ago

mof 3 weeks til Brady's unretirement!

#54445 1 year ago

Brady may be the least interesting person they couldve selected for color commentary.

#54447 1 year ago

Rodgers contract for 2023 is nuts, the Packers will take a massive dead cap hit no matter what due to his base salary being $1.2 million and his signing bonus being $58 million?

From the PackersWire:

The timing of when this trade occurs is very important as well. From a salary cap perspective for the acquiring team, trading for Rodgers is actually quite reasonable, with the Packers still being on the hook for his signing bonus. Green Bay, meanwhile, would incur a roughly $40 million dead cap hit – money that stays on the books even if Rodgers is playing elsewhere – if Rodgers is traded before June 1st. If traded after June 1st, the Packers take roughly a $15 million dead cap hit in 2023 and $24 million in 2024.
So if traded after June 1st in 2023, it is possible that the Packers’ trade partner could be without a 2024 first-round pick (and likely more), and Rodgers could potentially retire at that point as well, leaving the acquiring team without a quarterback again, and this time no early round pick(s).

This example is a prime reason why I’m not so sure that other teams will be lining up to offer Green Bay whatever they want.

#54448 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#54449 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

Gold 18... gold 18... set... hutt

#54450 1 year ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 75,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,089 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1089?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.