spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,075 of 1,513.
#53701 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Won’t be the first time sports made me feel foolish.

Nor my last.

#53702 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Matt Ryan is sort of a weird innocuous target for that kinda hate, but he really did have the guy on lock

I enjoyed every post. That passion makes me smile.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I haven't heard anyone in the world say they don;t think he's playing...have you?

Flat earthers

Quoted from RWH:

Yeas right in this thread questioning. Sitting out this game is simply not in the kids makeup, would take a much more severe injury and even then, he'd still try to talk his way on the field. I look forward to this game it's going to be good!

Mahomes would play on a broken leg. He’s a warrior. These are the two best quarterbacks in football, and that’s saying a lot.

Quoted from mcluvin:

I didn't think Purdy looked all that great. He was lucky to not toss any interceptions. That last drive before half-time looked like amateur hour with the play calling and execution. I don't think what they did last week is gonna cut it against Philly.

I was talking about Philly , I think I want SF to win, regardless of who wins the AFC, but was talking about how great Philly looked.

We’ve got some battles Sunday.

#53703 1 year ago

If Philly wins on Sunday, it will happen because of the O & D lines. The O-line has 2 hall of fame players in Kelce and Lane Johnson. Johnson hasn't given up a sack in over 2 years. Bosa will be a handful. No one can argue it's not the best in the NFL right now.

The D-line is very deep and has 2 players left from the SB team, Cox & Graham. For both, this is likely their last chance at a 2nd ring. Eagles had 70 sacks this year which was an incredible 11.4% of opposing QB's drop backs, the highest ever recorded since the stat started in 2000.
The 2nd string of Brandon Graham, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams, and Robert Quinn would be an upgrade over several teams starters. They rotate the pass rushers at will. 4 players had double digit sacks, with Reddick at 16.

#53704 1 year ago

Man I want to see Bengals Eagles SB so bad.

#53706 1 year ago

The very specific Matt Ryan obsession was one of the funniest things revealed in this topic

#53707 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man I want to see Bengals Eagles SB so bad.

I wanna see the chiefs and the winner of the nfc in the SB so bad

#53708 1 year ago

Buffalo fired Leslie Frazier today, strange considering how much praise their defense got.

#53709 1 year ago

Yeah, didn't they just try to win a playoff game with no rushing attack (in the snow!) ?

Seems like that should be top priority (I meant to suggest)

#53710 1 year ago

Cowboys fired 6 assistant coaches today. The change they needed.

#53711 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

If Philly wins on Sunday, it will happen because of the O & D lines. The O-line has 2 hall of fame players in Kelce and Lane Johnson. Johnson hasn't given up a sack in over 2 years. Bosa will be a handful. No one can argue it's not the best in the NFL right now.
The D-line is very deep and has 2 players left from the SB team, Cox & Graham. For both, this is likely their last chance at a 2nd ring. Eagles had 70 sacks this year which was an incredible 11.4% of opposing QB's drop backs, the highest ever recorded since the stat started in 2000.
The 2nd string of Brandon Graham, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams, and Robert Quinn would be an upgrade over several teams starters. They rotate the pass rushers at will. 4 players had double digit sacks, with Reddick at 16.

Eagles are gonna be tough to beat. The only way the Niners win is if they win the turn over battle, and they are successful at running the ball, which is the only way to slow down that pass rush....hoping for a good game.

#53712 1 year ago

Niners can run at Phili which is their weakness; that's their path to win.
We'll see if Eagles can actually make Purdy shaky.

#53713 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Cowboys fired 6 assistant coaches today. The change they needed.

They've needed to fire the owner for 15 years, sit in your Taj you built, eat your popcorn and pay someone with the skills to run the team Jerry.

#53714 1 year ago

Damn it's only Friday am my nerves are already shot to hell!!!! I'm looking for the Bengals to win but this game is as close as it gets. We have won our past 3 encounters, is there a fourth in the making? I'm going with the Bengals and SF, Purdy convinced me he's not a pumpkin and can play under pressure after downing Dallas. Come Sunday I'll likely not even be able to eat at this rate!

#53715 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

They've needed to fire the owner for 15 years, sit in your Taj you built, eat your popcorn and pay someone with the skills to run the team Jerry.

They do a pretty good job at building a roster. Jerry values OL more than most teams, and they have a knack for finding excellent edge rushers.

Probably biggest mistake this year was choosing Schultz over Cooper. I doubt they lose to SF with a second receiving threat.

#53716 1 year ago

The Eagles looked great last week, but I don't want them to advance to the Super Bowl. Their head coach bothers me for some reason that I can't quite figure out. It really is remarkable how much better Hurts is this season. I didn't think it was possible, so good job there by him. Whoever their GM is, has done an amazing job.

In the AFC I'm just happy the over-rated Bills are out. Come on man, gotsta score more than 10 points at home in the snow. #notelite.
I kinda think that the laws of probability are against the Burrows. Seems like it would be a statistically low probability that the Burrows can beat Big Red and Mahomes 4 times in a row. I'm hoping for a close game and the Bills are gone so I'm happy.

#53717 1 year ago

It's the visor, unless you're golfing leave it at home.

#53718 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Probably biggest mistake this year was choosing Schultz over Cooper. I doubt they lose to SF with a second receiving threat.

Schultz is probably at top 5-6 TE in the NFL, odd that you would single him out as the problem in Dallas

#53719 1 year ago

Why is Mike McCarthy still coaching there?

#53720 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:Why is Mike McCarthy still coaching there?

Jerry lets these guys hang around as long as they don’t rock the boat. Garrett was there forever and he sucked worse than mike.

#53721 1 year ago

I think McCarthy exceeded everyone's expectations this year. He even held it together with Cooper Rush. The on-field decision making by Dak is really what cost them the game.

#53722 1 year ago

Yeah as much as I’m not a fan, not too much justification for him getting canned.

I mean except for that humiliating final play of the season but I think they just wanted to send Zeke out with a bang.

#53723 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Schultz is probably at top 5-6 TE in the NFL, odd that you would single him out as the problem in Dallas

Because that was the decision they made when they franchised him, and it was clear it was the wrong decision in the SF game when no one could get open. He's JAG who only can only produce against bad teams (yes that includes the corpse of TB!) and will be replaced

#53724 1 year ago

I'm hoping for a Bengals win. But I dread the thought of Mahomes winning the game in the final minute and then listening for 2 weeks about how great Mahomes is for playing on one leg. He was already great.

#53725 1 year ago

And weren't we a little surprised that Mike M wasn't near the top of that head coach time out efficiency chart on the previous page?

#53726 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

And weren't we a little surprised that Mike M wasn't near the top of that head coach time out efficiency chart on the previous page?

Not sure why but he seems more likable since someone here posted pictures of Mike with his pinball machines

#53727 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean except for that humiliating final play of the season but I think they just wanted to send Zeke out with a bang.

And last season

#53728 1 year ago

Dan Quinn returning as DC. I like to see a guy stick with what he's good at instead of rising (again) to their level of incompetence.

#53729 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Dan Quinn returning as DC. I like to see a guy stick with what he's good at instead of rising (again) to their level of incompetence.

I think he just looked around at the available jobs and said "Nah...I'm good!"

Wouldn't be surprised if Sean Payton does the same thing.

This is a great offseason to be an OC. Not such a great one to be looking for a HC job. The available situations are pretty awful. Next year may be better.

#53730 1 year ago

Does DC mean you are top D coach during practice, or does it just mean you are calling formations on game day?

#53731 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wouldn't be surprised if Sean Payton does the same thing.

Yeah I thought the word was he's waiting another year.

#53732 1 year ago

Peyton to Chargers would be the Best move out of whats available.

#53733 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

That job isn't available. Let's look at what is:

Cardinals - total shitshow, especially the QB situation (this is a common theme)

Colts - total shitshow, especially the QB situation. With the added plus of one of the worst owners in the league.

Texans - yikes. At least they have some draft capital?

Broncos - who the fuck wants to dive into the Russell Wilson experience?!

#53734 1 year ago

How many more years does New Orleans have Payton's rights?

#53735 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

How many more years does New Orleans have Payton's rights?

That's the big question to me. Why would you take a job when you're handicapping yourself by giving up 2 firsts (or whatever outrageous value NO is expecting)?

#53736 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That job isn't available....

And apparently those cheap owners would never pay the amount needed.

If Payton sits out another year do is the compensation over and you wouldn't have to deal with the saints?

#53737 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And apparently those cheap owners would never pay the amount needed.
If Payton sits out another year do is the compensation over and you wouldn't have to deal with the saints?

Not sure.

But I think 1 first would probably get it done for Payton.

#53739 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But I think 1 first would probably get it done for Payton.

Is he really that good that you'd give up a first for him? Seems nuts to me.

James Payton (resized).jpgJames Payton (resized).jpg
#53740 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He wasted Brees' career!

#53742 1 year ago

nah.

mike-mcdaniel.gifmike-mcdaniel.gif
#53743 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

No, I wouldn't. But I suspect somebody would. Bad teams are desperate.

That being said Saints don't have a ton of leverage. I'm sure they'd be happy to get something.

It still boggles my mind that Washington only got a 3rd and 5th out of San Fran for Trent Williams. Best lineman in football.

#53744 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

1st round picks are going like Halloween candy these days.
But you can look at it as A 1st round pick only gets you 1/3 of Trey Lance, or you don't have a 1st round pick to waste

Edit: and now 10th round QBs are in vogue so you're SAVING MONIES not having a 1st rounder.

Also, some owners are actually trying to save monies...in this league. Shit writes itself

#53745 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

or you don't have a 1st 3pund pick to waste

Well no one can argue with that.

#53746 1 year ago

Would be pretty fun to hear what Shula would have to say about Ruxin.

A8D7DC70-CE33-430F-AACA-53FFEA2C8B2D (resized).jpegA8D7DC70-CE33-430F-AACA-53FFEA2C8B2D (resized).jpegDB4FC7D6-A2BF-41B7-9508-6141ED48F319 (resized).jpegDB4FC7D6-A2BF-41B7-9508-6141ED48F319 (resized).jpeg
#53747 1 year ago

btw I think NO will finally move on from the amazing Michael Thomas contract. Maybe he follows Payton?

#53748 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Maybe he follows Payton?

Total headcase; I'm 40% sure he'll never play again.

#53749 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

btw I think NO will finally move on from the amazing Michael Thomas contract. Maybe he follows Payton?

God, I hope so. Even if it's to the broadcast booth.

Saint's are pretty much demanding at least a first round pick for the rights to SP.

#53750 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Total headcase; I'm 40% sure he'll never play again.

haha is he? He's been injured so long I don't really remember anything about him

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,075 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1075 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.