5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,033 of 1,515.
#51601 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Lamar is going to sign with the Jets unless they tag him.

He’s said he won’t play on the franchise tag

#51602 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Plenty of desperate teams. I say they tag him and trade for whatever they can get.

#51603 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He would only have $40M+ reasons to play

#51604 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

One might argue turning down 250m with 150m+ in guarantees and willfully sitting out a playoff game hurts his stock more.

For sure, because he thinks hes worth Watson money/guarantees. Not sure hes considering the fact that Browns were pathetically desperate and overpaid in every way.

The whole Ravens saga is very intriguing to me, they invested in one of the best defenses in the NFL, but cant sign a QB? There again, if Lamar is being completely unreasonable then it is what it is.

#51605 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

he's going to be released so you can love him again

Hed probably work back in Pitt.
I think Greene & Woodson are the only player that rally made a diff'rence on other teams.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

How many people have actually not played?
Le'Veon, and that was the end of his career.

#51606 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He would only have $40M+ reasons to play

The tag would only be around 31m, mans gotta feed his family.

#51607 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How many people have actually not played?
Le'Veon, and that was the end of his career.

I believe Carson Palmer, who went on to play in a couple playoff games with the Cards after sitting the year out. Jessie Bates showed up to camp late this year but ultimately gave in. I guess making more in 1 season than the rest of your rookie contract combined can motivate you to play. Zero chance hes a Bengal next season though. Good safety, but he wants best in the league money.

#51608 1 year ago

Carson sat until bengals traded him to OAK. They got Gio with the pick they got in return for Carson. Best trade ever.

#51609 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The tag would only be around 31m, mans gotta feed his family.

totally ... the guy is an incredible talent, but I can see why teams wouldn't want to guarantee a long term deal

#51610 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I believe Carson Palmer, who went on to play in a couple playoff games with the Cards after sitting the year out. Jessie Bates showed up to camp late this year but ultimately gave in. I guess making more in 1 season than the rest of your rookie contract combined can motivate you to play. Zero chance hes a Bengal next season though. Good safety, but he wants best in the league money.

Good point. Dont think Lamar has "80 Million in the bank,"
But too true Carson had successful years after

#51611 1 year ago

I'm curious how many players ever sign a deal with the team that tags them.

#51612 1 year ago

Scanning through this tread looks like several of you have oled TVs. Ive never owned one because I am a paranoid person and burn in scares me. Finally to the point that if I can use it for gaming/sports for a few years I dont even care about that anymore. Any of you who have owned one and regularly used it for a few years experience this?

Also would appreciate recommendations but after watching countless reviews I am leaning towards an LG C2. I know the C3 is coming out but I want it for playoffs.

#51613 1 year ago

OLED TVs get burn in? Yikes. I thought that possibly was long dead in TVs.

#51614 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Scanning through this tread looks like several of you have oled TVs. Ive never owned one because I am a paranoid person and burn in scares me. Finally to the point that if I can use it for gaming/sports for a few years I dont even care about that anymore. Any of you who have owned one and regularly used it for a few years experience this?
Also would appreciate recommendations but after watching countless reviews I am leaning towards an LG C2. I know the C3 is coming out but I want it for playoffs.

I have 2 77" LG OLEDs. 1 is a C2 and a little newer, but the other is an A(? - OLED77CXPUA) and it is on Literally 10+ (more like 14) hours a day and no trace of burn in.

As for which one is better they seem the same, I've heard the cheaper models aren't as well for gaming with refresh rates but that ain't my bag so no issue for me. Basically it has less inputs which I don't know why you'd need more than 1 or 2 with a switching receiver.

#51615 1 year ago

I have an LG OLED (CX) too. It's not in the main living area so it's used for more deliberate than passive viewing. I'm also paranoid about burn-in, but I just turn it off whenever it's going to be sitting idle for a while. No issues at all, and I'm happy with it. I think the newer OLEDs have solved a lot of the problems with burn-in, I think a lot of those issues came from early sets.

#51616 1 year ago

Also this is the best review site there is for all things tech.

https://www.rtings.com/

#51617 1 year ago

I haven’t had any burn in issues since my old plasma tv like 15 years ago. I didn’t think that was a thing anymore

#51618 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

I haven’t had any burn in issues since my old plasma tv like 15 years ago. I didn’t think that was a thing anymore

Well Ohio is like 10 years in the past so they're finally catching up.

I also have plasmas from 9 years ago without burn in

#51619 1 year ago

Cowboys Sam Williams has an arrest warrant issued after a car crash in December. Reckless driving.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#51620 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Cowboys Sam Williams has an arrest warrant issued after a car crash in December. Reckless driving. [quoted image]

Yikes...but that thing is probably a carbon fiber anyway?
Edit: not the axles

#51621 1 year ago

Always flee the scene.

#51622 1 year ago

Corvette pieces all over the road

#51623 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Why not Rogers?! Follow in the footsteps of his mentor!

#51624 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I want it. I'm just not excited for the next chapter where he joins the vikings. Watching the vikings lose in the NFCCG again might be worth it. I don't hate that we have that shared experience.

#51625 1 year ago

I want it. I'm just not excited for the next chapter where he joins the vikings. Watching the vikings lose in the NFCCG again might be worth it. I don't hate that we have that shared experience.

What I would be upset about is the law of averages. Your team has had top tier level QB play for 30 years. That is an unbelievable run...but you can't expect it to continue.

What happens next?

#51626 1 year ago

I hated when the Vikings played against Farve but I always respected him as a player. I could deal with him being a Viking. I can’t stand Rodgers and would cheer for a different team if he came to Minnesota.

#51627 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What I would be upset about is the law of averages. Your team has had top tier level QB play for 30 years. That is an unbelievable run...but you can't expect it to continue.
What happens next?

We start our 3rd HOF QB in a row for the next 15 years, of course.

#51628 1 year ago

I think there is something wrong with the RYP playoff bracket…. It doesn’t show Daditude and CrazyLevi in there.

There is no way they aren’t participating in there right? I could have sworn I saw at least one of them making their own picks right here in this very thread.

Let’s go gents…. Money where your mouth is time….

#51629 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I’m reading this as ”Let’s Go Giants” and I’m in! Can’t do any worse than I did in the regular season pool, so it’s all upside.

#51630 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’m reading this as ”Let’s Go Giants” and I’m in! Can’t do any worse than I did in the regular season pool, so it’s all upside.

Seriously though, let's go Giants.

#51631 1 year ago

Thank god Tua isn't playing on Sunday. I can't handle another guy collapsing on the field.

I do wonder if the NFL told Miami that he's not playing, or if they actually came up with that on their own. After the "back spasms" concussion and the "throw a bunch of interceptions and not remember i did that" concussion, I don't trust the Miami leadership to do the right thing.

Tua needs to be saved from his own team.

#51632 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think there is something wrong with the RYP playoff bracket…. It doesn’t show Daditude and CrazyLevi in there.
There is no way they aren’t participating in there right? I could have sworn I saw at least one of them making their own picks right here in this very thread.

There's no way you can miss the regular season pool, go so far as entering your confidence numbers manually in this very thread while taking such proud claims, ignore your failures, and not pony up $20 for the redemption playoff pool.... right? right??

#51633 1 year ago

There's no way you can miss the regular season pool, go so far as entering your confidence numbers manually in this very thread while taking such proud claims, ignore your failures, and not pony up $20 for the redemption playoff pool.... right? right??

There is only one thing for him to do at this point-

4b128b62-da4b-4f35-9894-546fb16ffb1e_text.gif4b128b62-da4b-4f35-9894-546fb16ffb1e_text.gif
#51634 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Thank god Tua isn't playing on Sunday. I can't handle another guy collapsing on the field.
I do wonder if the NFL told Miami that he's not playing, or if they actually came up with that on their own. After the "back spasms" concussion and the "throw a bunch of interceptions and not remember i did that" concussion, I don't trust the Miami leadership to do the right thing.
Tua needs to be saved from his own team.

I don't think Mike McDaniel, the GM, and the owner all want Tua to be damaged beyond repair. Tua failing and permanently brain damaged is the quickest way that the GM and McDaniel will lose their jobs. The GM, Grier, and McDaniel are linked with Tua. McDaniel wouldn't have been hired if he didn't want to win games with Tua and Grier chose Tua over Herbert. So there's that. They want Tua to be healthy and successful. Finding a winning QB is the hardest thing to do in the NFL. McDaniel seems uncomfortable talking about the situation though, so there has got to be more going on than just the independent neurologist.

#51635 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It doesn’t show Daditude and CrazyLevi in there

#51636 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Because he's a crybaby and frankly his career is very close to over. My prediction is Rogers retires marries Brady and they open up a QB school in Florida

#51637 1 year ago

Daditude CrazyLevi

mcfly-back.gifmcfly-back.gif
#51638 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

My prediction is Rogers retires marries Brady and they open up a QB school in Florida

... book..mark it?

#51639 1 year ago

By all means

#51640 1 year ago

I cant find the playoff pool is it viewable yet ?

#51641 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

cancelled because Daditude and Levi refused to join

#51642 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Yep. Should be able to join via this link:

https://www.runyourpool.com/p/j/34320b2e84cc42a9b5737cc5582cedbc

#51643 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

...Tua failing and permanently brain damaged is the quickest way that the GM and McDaniel will lose their jobs.

Brain Damage takes a long time dude; Ruxin & GM will last 3 years like every other coach.
Now they have the fun task of replacing Tua after ruining his brain. Thanks for the hard work!

#51644 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Brain Damage takes a long time dude; Ruxin & GM will last 3 years like every other coach.
Now they have the fun task of replacing Tua after ruining his brain. Thanks for the hard work!

Who is Ruxin? The Dolphins GM is Chris Grier. Yup, they are in a tough spot. Without a QB, their rebuilding strategy is a total failure....which I would think should cause Chris Grier to lose his job.

#51646 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I am over the burn in scares: I had a plasma for over 10 years and it was a non issue.

And now, I’ve had an OLED for almost 2 years and it’s been a non issue. And the picture is amazing.

I have the $2500ish Sony.

#51647 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Scanning through this tread looks like several of you have oled TVs. Ive never owned one because I am a paranoid person and burn in scares me.

I’m with Levi on this. I’ve owned two OLEDs over the past five years, and a plasma before that. Tons of gaming and plenty of sports over that time, and no burn in. I wouldn’t sweat it.

Quoted from jandrea95:

I am leaning towards an LG C2. I know the C3 is coming out but I want it for playoffs.

I own two LG 55” OLEDs (a 2016 and a 2021) and they’re both great. I highly recommend the brand. And with TVs now there’s always a new model coming out next month, so unless there’s some new feature you absolutely must have, I say go for it! Picture quality on OLEDs cannot be beat, you’ll want it for the playoffs.

#51649 1 year ago
E5849FAC-08E7-418F-83BE-FD997237C4EE (resized).jpegE5849FAC-08E7-418F-83BE-FD997237C4EE (resized).jpeg
#51650 1 year ago

Does not compute with me, but carry on.

I'm missing the pop culture reference. haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Boards
PinSound

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,033 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1033 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.