nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,022 of 1,516.
#51051 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Dang, now the Bengals fans are starting to complain as much as Bills fans. What happened to all the positive Bengals vibe from last season?

I am positive about my teams chances that has squat to do with what's going on here.

#51052 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

What makes no sense is that a company this large has no predefined scenarios for this. How can they be this unprepared?

They do. They decide to change the rules on the fly.

#51053 1 year ago

Come on Bengals fans! Snap out of it. You've got nothing but good things ahead for your team. You are not in the quarterback wilderness. You have fun wide receivers who make plays. You can pressure the opposing QB. The future is bright.

#51054 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals fans all crying foul in unison as 'they didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs!'

Doubt it. All it would do is add a couple teams that have already lost to all the current playoff teams.

#51055 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Come on Bengals fans! Snap out of it. You've got nothing but good things ahead for your team. You are not in the quarterback wilderness. You have fun wide receivers who make plays. You can pressure the opposing QB. The future is bright.

This news is fresh, let us bitch for 4 hours, then im good. I forgot the Chiefs also come out smelling like roses in this as well. They dont even have to head to Buffalo in the event they make it that far.

#51056 1 year ago

Here's another fact that I'm sure will piss some people off but facts are facts; out of the 3 teams involved KC is the one that needs homefield advantage the most,......not that they are a bad team, far from it but, I do feel they are not the Chiefs we've seen over the last couple seasons and are the most vulnerable of the 3.

Lets be clear here as well, I'm not saying Cincy is the best team of the 3, I think the Bills are, we have neither the best offense or defense, but I do believe we have been the most consistent on both sides of the ball all season and that bodes well for us.

#51057 1 year ago

Bengals can win ugly too. That helps in the playoffs. Should be another great post season.

#51058 1 year ago

Either way lets just get this started so we can kick some ass on the way to another SB appearance and WIN!!!!!

#51059 1 year ago

Owners stand up and force them to do this right.......vote HELL NO!

#51060 1 year ago

Our Fantasy Football finals were last week, and I was in the final. I have Josh Allen and Gabe Davis. The ruling seems to be "Sorry about your luck". Kinda sucks, but there isn't much to do. No money paid in my league, but I wonder how much this affects the money leagues and all the sports betting the NFL has ushered in the last few years.

#51061 1 year ago

Guess we will just have to be like these guys to win it and be

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#51062 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Our Fantasy Football finals were last week, and I was in the final. I have Josh Allen and Gabe Davis. The ruling seems to be "Sorry about your luck". Kinda sucks, but there isn't much to do. No money paid in my league, but I wonder how much this affects the money leagues and all the sports betting the NFL has ushered in the last few years.

Most league championships that were affected by that game had to split the winnings at least.

#51063 1 year ago

Hamlin breathing on his own!!

#51064 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Our Fantasy Football finals were last week, and I was in the final. I have Josh Allen and Gabe Davis. The ruling seems to be "Sorry about your luck"

I have Bass & Allen he has McPherson.
Its very simple; take the player stats from this week and add them to last week.
Both teams are still playing for #2 seed & play at the same time.

#51065 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This news is fresh, let us bitch for 4 hours, then im good. I forgot the Chiefs also come out smelling like roses in this as well. They dont even have to head to Buffalo in the event they make it that far.

Close but not quite accurate. If the chiefs lose(which very well might happen the way they've been playing) and the bills win, they would play afcc at Buffalo if both teams made it.
If both teams win or lose then it'd be on neutral site i believe. If the latter happens, I'd actually think it'd be a nice gesture if kc just said the game can be played at Buffalo instead of neutral site. It'd be better playing on grass for both teams than the turf shit fields they're proposing anyway I'm sure

#51066 1 year ago

Still within my 4 hour window, Zac sums it up well

Zac Taylor: "It's the opportunities lost for us. We had control of our destiny and now we don't. There are positives for a lot of teams and negatives for us."

#51067 1 year ago

Fixin to Pete Carrol his way back into the NFL

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#51068 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Fixin to Pete Carrol his way back into the NFL
[quoted image]

Great coach ... big improvement over many coaches in the NFL

#51069 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Both teams are still playing for #2 seed & play at the same time.

The 2 or 3 seed for the Bills doesn’t make much of a difference other then who’d they play in the first round, Do they risk injuries just for that?

#51070 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The 2 or 3 seed for the Bills doesn’t make much of a difference other then who’d they play in the first round, Do they risk injuries just for that?

I've watched Josh Allen play a season and can tell you he isn't worried aboot injuries.
But I haven't read all the shit...so if 2 meets 3 on Playoffs there's no home field?

#51071 1 year ago

I understand the frustration of Bengals fans.

Let’s face it, they were gonna win that game! Tore down the field on opening drive for 7, and were headed toward another TD on their second drive.

But it’s tough titty situation. Not really much else you can say.

#51072 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Great coach ... big improvement over many coaches in the NFL

Come to MD and coach the other Team. Can be next to family too.

#51073 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I understand the frustration of Bengals fans.
Let’s face it, they were gonna win that game! Tore down the field on opening drive for 7, and were headed toward another TD on their second drive.
But it’s tough titty situation. Not really much else you can say.

Yup you’re right…they were definitely going to win because all NFL games are decided in the first quarter.

#51074 1 year ago
0B56651A-F51D-4744-B09A-9624D25B9887 (resized).jpeg0B56651A-F51D-4744-B09A-9624D25B9887 (resized).jpeg
#51075 1 year ago

I share in your disappointment.Hamlins injury is seperate from this issue.Both Teams have been working towards the same goals and are at the top of the food chain.I hate to see that a better solution hasnt been offered.

#51076 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let’s face it, they were gonna win that game!

Quoted from Wildbill327:

Yup you’re right…they were definitely going to win because all NFL games are decided in the first quarter.

Winning or losing that game is not the point, missed opportunities is what pisses me off. We went from control of our destiny to no control of our destiny without a win or a loss. I also feel by possibly depriving us of a homefield advantage as AFC North Division winner seems more punitive than equitable any way you spin it.

However, I'm over it and ready to play so lets get after it! WHO DEY!!!!

#51077 1 year ago

I liked the madden idea. Certainly more fun than a coin toss.

#51078 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I liked the madden idea. Certainly more fun than a coin toss.

Yeah. If coin toss is the alternative, just do something that’s random and actually entertaining.

#51079 1 year ago

I thought the 4 hours is up. haha

#51080 1 year ago

Pride of Detroit does this every Saturday with Lions upcoming opponent on a Twitch stream. I don't watch it but like to check the score and stats when it's over. It's about 60/40 for getting the outcome of the actual game correct

#51081 1 year ago

In the future it would be cool to have a week off before the playoffs, which would allow for recovery time for everyone and the potential make-up game. Then you could eliminate the single bye and even expand to 8. Better yet 8 vs 9 in a play-in game during the bye to give us something to watch that week.

I know players have been against adding bye weeks but half the players wouldn't be affected anyway. I'm going to suggest this to Roger next time I see him.

#51082 1 year ago

I think both Bills and Bengals fans have every reason to be upset at the NFL here. Both teams went from being somewhat in control of their destiny to now both losing the 1 seed to KC by default. (unless KC somehow loses the game Saturday and in that case, yes Bengals you really got the short end of the stick here) Ultimately they both did the right thing on Monday and were penalized for it, but if there's any silver lining here I think Bills fans have a newfound respect for the Bengals organization. If the Bengals go to the Superbowl the entire WNY region will be rooting for them.

#51083 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've watched Josh Allen play a season and can tell you he isn't worried aboot injuries.
But I haven't read all the shit...so if 2 meets 3 on Playoffs there's no home field?

Neutral site

#51084 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

I think both Bills and Bengals fans have every reason to be upset at the NFL here. Both teams went from being somewhat in control of their destiny to now both losing the 1 seed to KC by default. (unless KC somehow loses the game Saturday and in that case, yes Bengals you really got the short end of the stick here) Ultimately they both did the right thing on Monday and were penalized for it, but if there's any silver lining here I think Bills fans have a newfound respect for the Bengals organization. If the Bengals go to the Superbowl the entire WNY region will be rooting for them.

Life isn’t always fair + shit happens = it is what it is.

#51085 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

We are in different time zones?

#51086 1 year ago

Bengals fans seem to be preemptively upset here, if KC beats the Raiders they weren’t going to be 1 seed and they beat a Lamar Jackson-less Ravens team they are the likely the 3 seed. The way it’s set up there is no real difference between the 2 and 3 seed.

#51087 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Tua playing this weekend?

#51088 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Bengals fans seem to be preemptively upset here, if KC beats the Raiders they weren’t going to be 1 seed and they beat a Lamar Jackson-less Ravens team they are the likely the 3 seed. The way it’s set up there is no real difference between the 2 and 3 seed.

The only part I cared about is bengals possibly losing the home game against Ravens even though they were awarded the division. Completely pointless.

#51089 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The only part I cared about is bengals possibly losing the home game against Ravens even though they were awarded the division. Completely pointless.

I agree there, but it’s highly unlikely they lose that game.

#51090 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

KC had it locked up in the event they win this weekend, understood. The only part I hate is the Bengals have no way to avoid playing in Buffalo since they nullified the game.

The NFL made it so the Bills can avoid going to KC despite having a worse record since there is no way to tell who would have won the game on Monday. So why cant the Bengals have the same courtesy in the event they play Buffalo in the playoffs? Its the exact same scenario. The NFL is treating the game like a loss for the Bengals, and a "non loss" for the Bills.

That really is my only frustration in all of this. If the Bills can avoid playing in the higher seeds home, so should the Bengals. I really dont care about the Ravens, if the Bengals lose to the Ravens again fuck it flip the coin, doesnt bother me, but no one is going to convince me the Bills earned the right to host the Bengals.

#51091 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

KC had it locked up in the event they win this weekend, understood. The only part I hate is the Bengals have no way to avoid playing in Buffalo since they nullified the game.
The NFL made it so the Bills can avoid going to KC despite having a worse record since there is no way to tell who would have won the game on Monday. So why cant the Bengals have the same courtesy in the event they play Buffalo in the playoffs? Its the exact same scenario. The NFL is treating the game like a loss for the Bengals, and a "non loss" for the Bills.
That really is my only frustration in all of this. If the Bills can avoid playing in the higher seeds home, so should the Bengals. I really dont care about the Ravens, if the Bengals lose to the Ravens again fuck it flip the coin, doesnt bother me, but no one is going to convince me the Bills earned the right to host the Bengals.

The Bills wouldn’t host the Bengals would they? I think it would be neutral site.

#51092 1 year ago

That is a real possibility, KC is not of old this year they are vulnerable

Quoted from Jaybird815:

if KC beats the Raiders

#51093 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Kind of my point, Bengals fans are getting upset about what might happen, unlikely as it is.

#51094 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The Bills wouldn’t host the Bengals would they? I think it would be neutral site.

If you can prove this, then ive been ranting about nothing all day. I am fairly certain though the Bills would indeed host the Bengals.

#51095 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

They are?

Quoted from jandrea95:

If you can prove this, then ive been ranting about nothing all day. I am fairly certain though the Bills would indeed host the Bengals.

He needs to prove he's been spraying this jive all over the place all day

#51096 1 year ago

After reading all the scenarios again, it does appear that regardless of the outcomes this weekend that Buf would host Cincinnati in an AFC championship game. Only neutral site scenarios involve teams that haven’t played the same amount games.

#51097 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

...this weekend that Buf would host Cincinnati in an AFC championship game. .

So that's a new wrinkle since standard tie breakers would have Bengals as #2 with a win and a Buffalo loss.

#51098 1 year ago

They aren't putting teams away this year late in the game ala lot of close games

#51099 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So that's a new wrinkle since standard tie breakers would have Bengals as #2 with a win and a Buffalo loss.

Not sure, it would come down to common opponent record, which I have no idea on that one.

#51100 1 year ago

As it was pointed out here Bengals would have the tie breaker do to strength of schedule.

Quoted from RWH:

They aren't putting teams away this year late in the game ala lot of close games

Haha...oh yeah Mahomes isn't known for come backs eh?

How soon they forget.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,022 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1022 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.