1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 950 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Rascal-911
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 12.22.50 PM (resized).png
    chappel shaft (resized).jpg
    dunfield (resized).jpg
    oak-island-ms (resized).png
    restall (resized).jpg
    oakisland4 (resized).jpg
    53823437_10157126968362679_5221332441133744128_nDB (resized).jpg
    Oak Island (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    drop.gif
    oak island (resized).jpg
    nt2 (resized).jpg
    nt (resized).jpg
    20181203_135820 (002) (resized).jpg
    93DCCDB8-DBCA-4F3A-80F3-A6433B1451C9 (resized).jpeg
    231F1EDB-7E6C-49C7-AB76-ACAF7423FAF7 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

We need a better version of in search of. I know we have a couple but remember in search of was pretty popular for the time. We need a really big budget in search of.
    Can you imagine a new in search of but with the production values of say game of thrones?

This time, narrated by Shatner!

"Could this BE the NATURAL lair of big......FOOT!"

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

You could have several episodes each one narrated by a different living Star Trek cast member.

That idea made me think.....

Marc Alaimo "Gul Dukat" for every episode!

2 weeks later
    #264 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wikipedia has slots for episodes 13-17 in the show notes. So there’s going to be more then 12 episodes (yay). Most of the show names are still TBA, only giving date that they will air.
    Episode 17 will Air on February 27th. But they don’t have a final date yet for the end of the season in the listing. So there might even be more then 17 episodes this season.

They found something....they're trying to figure out how many episodes to spread it across.

#273 1 year ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Total scam. “Water traps” lol. Try digging down 40 feet on ANY small island.

Earlier excavators poured red paint into the money pit, and they found it exiting on the side if the island out into the ocean.

So yes, their are water shafts there. It's not just well water.

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

annnd I'm done. I watched 20 minutes in real time tonight. 10 of which were commercials. recap
    "expert" says its a cross and its old.
    They missed the vault, possibly dislodged it, so digging another hole
    another "expert" says purple wood could mean its important. fabric the size of a stamp shows its a manuscript. leather could also mean its a book. In conclusion, its probably a holy religious book, which is BS because why would they bury an important book where water can get at it.
    They found broken pottery in an old trash pit. Big deal, I can do that here and have done it many a time. just look for clam shells, they take a looong time to decompose and show where people threw trash out.
    next week, they go slogging through swamp and find a post thats been cut. waste of freaking time.

And yet you wasted more of your time coming in here and posting.

#322 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

plus it makes me feel good feeding trolls. did you enjoy?

You would be the troll in this circumstance.

9 months later
    #558 11 months ago

Always amazed by people who watch the show, then come in here to bitch about it being fake.

1 week later
    #562 10 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Been interesting lately after the siesmic study results and locate from that a new drill hole site. Bringing up horizontal wood and previously human bones indicates a collapsed tunnel. Probably seekers. Also finding a cross bow metallic arrow on the cove site. Cool stuff. Not sure why it took 6 seasons to get here though.

The money coming in from the show is undoubtedly helping fund these new endeavors.

#565 10 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

There was a teaser that the crossbow projectile was confirmed ancient Roman.

I thought they were saying that about the U shaped structure. Hard to tell from the teaser......editing and all.

#571 10 months ago

I'm very interested in the U-shaped structure.

#583 10 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Over the top? On Oak Island? Could it be that....

Jurassic Park pinball game. On Oak Island?

1 month later
    #652 9 months ago

That was a hell of a two-hour episode. Surprised no one is in here talking about it.

#658 9 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Even if the final answer is to show an earlier Atlantic crossing from Roman Europe, that would be a milestone
    to History, and the issues with "Columbus".
    It would also explain the Maps drawn of the East Coast of America in the Vatican Museum, prior to 1492.

I believe it's already been proven that the Vikings were here some time before Columbus.

#666 9 months ago

I’m sure all discussion of leaks, warrenties, and support were negotiated before they paid for the coffer damn. They knew they’d have to seal up leaks and how to do it way ahead.

What we saw was manufactured drama for the sake of the show.

1 week later
    #671 9 months ago

The last two episodes was been great in the discovery aspect.

1 week later
    #677 8 months ago
    Quoted from Dono:

A total waste of time; doing anything else is better time spent than watching a bunch of dopey guys that will never find anything of value.

Obviously you haven't been watching the last few episodes.

1 week later
    #705 8 months ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

The idea of the water pit traps is a pure nothingburger.

Wrong.

#725 8 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Anyone have SlingTV and having issues with it recording the series? Last night after the show started, I went to go watch it from the beginning, but Sling didn't record it. I searched ahead and saw they were replaying it around midnight and recorded that one.

It was late coming on last night. Might have thrown it off. My Tivo wasn't recording it either....happened to notice and started it up manually.

#742 8 months ago

Pirates is the only realistic answer, IMO.

#750 8 months ago

Guys.....there's 30 episodes this year. Up from 18 last year.

Not every episode is going to be gangbusters.

#752 8 months ago

The upside is....I think they've found something big and decided to stretch it out over a very long season.

#755 8 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Anyone else laugh at the mention of the "token?" It looked too perfectly round and had a hard lip around it. I would have thought it was modern. But then of course the announcer had to jump in and say how tokens were used in ancient times.

Maybe it said "Aladdin's Castle" on it.

2 weeks later
    #777 8 months ago

Tuesday night's episode wasn't part of the regular season. It was some kind of special episode.

That's why it didn't record on some's people's DVR.

1 week later
    #780 7 months ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

Yes, If I were going to hide some super valuable parchment, I would hide it on an island. I would bury it deep below the water table. And I would rig booby traps so it would flood if found. A cave somewhere above water, like the dead sea scrolls hiding place, just wouldn't make sense.
    O shoot, the tunnel collapsed. which is exactly what I would say if I found a hoard of gold and transported it away to be cashed later....kind of like the red oktober "sinking".
    sorry, just bored, and pissed off I am wasting time watching this garbage.

You're wasting even more time coming in here to bitch.

#784 7 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:

We need to do something about sinkholes. In the last 5 years, they have grown to many and have destroyed and even eaten homes. They are attacking announced. 10 years ago you never once thought about sinkholes. Now I'm looking over my shoulder everywhere I walk hoping that one isn't going to grab my ankles and pull me under. We have to put a stop to them!

Sinkholes aren't allowed in Carmel. The police will cite them for vagrancy.

#789 7 months ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

if it bothers you it was time well spent

Apparently, your life means very little if that's the highlight of your day.

#795 7 months ago

I wonder if they can leave that coffer damn up over winter?

#798 7 months ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Yes, as it is winter now. Technically Winter ends on March 21st, but other regions of Canada winter can remain until mid or late April.
    The question I have is how they got a permit for the dam at all. Must be because of the fact that previous digs have been done there, and that area is not an undisturbed area. All that sea life and shore line flora and fauna must be protected, according to the environmentalists.

The episodes we're watching were filmed last summer.

1 week later
    #816 7 months ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Yeah that seemed unscientific as hell to me, they should have fully explained all that so jerks like me wouldn't be sitting here thinking "Uh.... I still don't believe it."
    Couldn't they test some other water to show that it's not in that water, then test that water again? They said the damn sample (which was clearly very red) was a 9 then when they tested the muddy water they said had the dye in it... it was like a 16 or 19.
    Come on man. We're all suspicious anyways then they try to push some crap like that on us.

Uh, no....the muddy water was not that high. It had a decimal point in there you're missing. It was not higher than the dye sample.

#820 7 months ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Go back and watch again. I just rewatched it. He tested the red dye and said "we're getting 9.689" then the guy said 'That'll be our base reference for fully saturated" then the other guy said "about 9.7". The other guy says "Anything that's 1 or above will be a positive indicator of the actual dye"
    So they check the muddy water, and it says "11.98"
    Then they redo it when Rick is there, and get 19.47. They remark that even though they can't see the dye, there's some concentration.

I re-watched it. You are correct, I was remembering the numbers wrong. However...

The initial sample wasn't pure red dye. It was a sample of water with the dye in it from the source bore hole. It seems unusual that it would be higher after going through the flood tunnel, but they are pumping pressure into the bore hole. It certainly isn't redder on the other end, but maybe that pressure is making a chemical found in the dye more concentrated when it comes out on the other end.

1 week later
    #834 7 months ago

The curse only applies to people who die accidentally searching for the treasure.

There have been many searchers who have died of disease or old age. The number would be way past 7 if that counted.

#835 7 months ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Every show starts with the mention of the curse and how 7 must die. I have never, in the all the seasons of the show, heard any details about this curse. You would think there would be a story behind it?

I remember Leonard Nimoy talking about the curse of 7 on "In Search Of.." when they covered Oak Island. It was my first introduction to the Oak Island mystery.

#838 7 months ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

They talked about the origins of the seven must die curse during the last episode of Drilling Down. Dave Blankenship said they don't know where the curse story originated. The show researches first found it mentioned in a 1967 article from True magazine that quoted an unnamed local woman as the source for the article.

Good memory on the date of the article. It would appear locals made up the legend after 6 people had already died. It's not like the "7 people" curse has been around since 1795.

oakisland4 (resized).jpg
    #842 7 months ago

Great episode tonight, and we're barely halfway through this extra long season.

2 weeks later
    #850 6 months ago

We supposedly have 11 more episodes this season. Based on the weather in last night's episode, it would seem like the season is almost over.

#858 6 months ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I thought there was only 3ish episodes left

You're right. Originally they listed this season as having 30 episodes, but now they are saying only 22. Makes sense, seeing how late into the season the latest episode was.

#860 6 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Maybe counted the "Digging Deeper" episodes?

And let's not forget the "supernatural" episode! LOL!

3 weeks later
    #875 5 months ago

Finding out that the main structures of Smith's Grove were pre-searcher was the biggest find yet on this show, IMO.

#879 5 months ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Next week they are going to show swamp results and talk about Dan.

That was the season final. There are no more episodes.

1 week later
    #893 5 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I didn't watch it, but caught like 2 minutes of them talking around a table. The way they sounded, it sounded like they were going to announce that this was the end of the search. They we talking about all the stuff they found, and that it had been a good run, and that Marty's son is picking up with the lost civil war gold. Like "You won't be watching us find any Oak Island treasure, but you can now watch us look for civil war gold."
    Also that WWII treasure show has been interesting, and looks like if you haven't been watching, next weeks is the one to watch. The seasons end.

That was the end of the last week's episode. It did kinda sound like that, but Rick wanted to keep going.

Next season is happening.

#898 5 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Perhaps these shows arent worth your time?

That's too obvious.

3 months later
    #919 66 days ago

A bagatelle game? On Oak Island? Could it have been brought here from France by the Knights Templar?

1 month later
    #925 33 days ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I'm through. Every time I go back and watch this show and see how ridiculous it is I feel like a fool. They are never going to find shit.

Well.........bye!

3 weeks later
    #937 12 days ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Us locals have not heard any news. So likely not much going on this season. Milk it some more!

Local, meaning you live on the island and can look outside your window and see the brothers digging?

If not, your insight into what has happened is the same as a guy living in Chile.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.00
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 275.00
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 218.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside