1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 915 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 12.22.50 PM (resized).png
    chappel shaft (resized).jpg
    dunfield (resized).jpg
    oak-island-ms (resized).png
    restall (resized).jpg
    oakisland4 (resized).jpg
    53823437_10157126968362679_5221332441133744128_nDB (resized).jpg
    Oak Island (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    drop.gif
    oak island (resized).jpg
    nt2 (resized).jpg
    nt (resized).jpg
    20181203_135820 (002) (resized).jpg
    93DCCDB8-DBCA-4F3A-80F3-A6433B1451C9 (resized).jpeg
    231F1EDB-7E6C-49C7-AB76-ACAF7423FAF7 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#624 5 months ago

For as much as I would like to watch, it's just too painful. I feel like I could tune it 10 years from now and they STILL would be showing the same things they found 2 years ago. Same cross, same horizontal wood beams, same jewelry, same whatever.

I've given up, I'll google it later on and figure out what happened.

Too bad, this would make a fantastic Nova show - but not not enough money in that.

#642 5 months ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

I think they’ve already found the treasure. The “treasure” is the show itself...

Or if they strike oil.

#646 5 months ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

I just re-read this entire thread 8 times. I also took 256 commercial breaks.

To have done it in the correct 'Oak Island' fashion...for every 10 posts read, you need to go back and reread the first 5 of the 10.

#649 5 months ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

I just re-read this entire thread 8 times. I also took 256 commercial breaks.

Quoted from mbwalker:

To have done it in the correct 'Oak Island' fashion...for every 10 posts read, you need to go back and reread the first 5 of the 10.

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Well, then you need to add 2 or 3 other threads rehashing the posts as well

Quoted from RWH:

Every time you close the thread you will have to start over at post #1 and rehash them all over and over......

If I combine all four...we might be close.

1 week later
    #660 5 months ago

I was sure they'd have to entirely tear down the water dam due to the leak. Absolutely remove everything and the contractor hauls it away. Millions spent and lost.

Silicone sealer in the joints? Never saw that coming. Wow, would have never thought of that.

2 weeks later
    #694 4 months ago
    Quoted from L8vid:

So after watching an hour show I realized they found a wooden plank and a rock. I can go in my backyard and find the same!

Could it be L8vid found an ancient rock and who put it there? And why is a perfectly formed piece of wood buried in this yard? Could it be pointing towards a long lost buried treasure?

(Break to the laser scanning and carbon dating guys examining a rock and a 2x6, then the guy showing two stars is in alignment with the wood and rock)

Symbols? On the wood? Are these Roman numerals or possibly alien symbols? And are these the directions to the treasure?

(Break to the bar code printed on the 2x6)

What secrets will be revealed?

(Break to exciting teasers from the next episode showing L8vid digging up the neighbors flower garden with 5 people standing around watching)

1 week later
    #730 4 months ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

Sling is garbage to me right now, none of my recordings are happening, very frustrated including oak island.

Sidebar: Look into Philo. +43 decent cable channels, $16/month with no contract. It's that simple. Almost all the popular channels. Includes 'DVR' (i.e. really on demand once a show starts 'airing'). So if you tune in 10 minutes late - no big deal. You don't have to wait until later. Wasn't satisfied with Sling so I tried Philo and I'm completely happy w/it. No streaming issues. Never a buffering issue (I have 50meg/download, 25 meg/up). No - I'm not affiliated w/Philo.

For local OTA, I use Plex as a DVR. Wifey has a Tivio for OTA, but even that is so loaded up w/crap nowadays....seems like they lost their 'roots'.

1 week later
    #759 4 months ago
    Quoted from RWH:

There's a POTC pin inside the money pit vault

I guess it really would be a 'vault edition'

3 weeks later
    #799 3 months ago

I'd actually enjoy more of the the 'meat and potatoes' kind of stuff even if it wasn't exciting. Setting up the equipment for the shaft drill (and fixing the cave in), the dozers moving dirt and not finding a darn thing, even the guys just getting dirty shoveling dirt to no avail. I find that much more interesting than taking 20 minutes examining a piece of parchment and the voice over asking stupid questions. But that would take more production time, so I really don't see that happening.

2 weeks later
    #840 3 months ago

For as much as I've ragged on this show (which recently has had about 5 min of new worthwhile material per episode)...tonight's episode was very interesting. Almost all new and some excellent finds. Very intriguing.

Won't mention any spoilers. Didn't even FF the DVR once, haven't done that in ages.

2 weeks later
    #857 76 days ago

I'm kind of surprised they just don't start digging out the 'hole site' (assuming they get permits) like they did at the beach instead of sinking a bunch of bore holes. Obviously not trying to go down +100 feet, but to see what they uncover maybe 10-20' feet down. But if they did, it would make it hard to bring in the boring machine after the fact, so maybe that's the reason.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 26.50
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 26.95
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,300.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside