Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,259 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesster64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 6 years ago

Hooked from the beginning, even remember the magazine article that got the brothers hooked. Thank you dvr, the show lasts about 10 minutes if you get past the BS. I hate that they keep pushing the "legend says 7 people have to die", we're past superstition, just find something dammit. Enough with the speculation, it could have been francis bacon, it could have been knights templar, it could have been masons. Those rocks could have something carved in them. This looks like a map of the island, blah blah blah. like I said, dvr
    It looks like they are finally getting to the bottom now in the next 2 episodes. I bet zoning comes in and puts a cease and desist order. They need to string it out another year.
    coins could fall out of pockets when taking a dump behind a tree. They find interesting things in old privys from stuff falling out of pockets. oops, dropped a coin, maybe I'll fish it out... on second thought.

#118 6 years ago

I hate the researchers. This one found an old hand drawn map in the pages of a book. Yeah, who has books from the 1600's you can just leaf through? And no one ever found this "map" before?
    I also hate when they go to other countries and deduce things from carvings. This one is obviously ears of corn, which is strange because the nearest corn is on oak island 1000 miles away which proves the knights must have been there.
    Or this carving looks like a triangle which obviously means only the masons could have carved it.
    If you look close, you can make out a head carved into this boulder which looks towards oak island. Is it a clue, a marker. No, its natural weathering.
    Remember the gold shiny thing that all of a sudden disappeared and was never mentioned again.
    why would anyone scuttle a boat in a marsh they created? They needed another boat to get off the island. Why not just let it go at sea?
    If it weren't for those damn pieces of bone, leather, pottery, and parchment they found i would have stopped watching.

#119 6 years ago

I loved digging for bottles. You hear the "tink" as your shovel touches glass. Then you pray it comes out intact. All of a sudden you have a piece of history in your hands. A piece that could be worth some bucks too. Metal detecting has me frustrated. I did find a musket ball and some nice older coins. But too many bottle caps and nails. I do it for the historical part, not the value. My mother laughed at me in the beginning, "you think you're going to find gold?" No, but it beats sitting in front of tv and you never know.

1 week later
    #203 6 years ago

OK, the cross they found is cool. Next week better show me something. They are supposedly on the vault. I doubt they found anything or it would have been in the papers if it was a major find. Why would they hide parchment or leather bound books in a place thats booby trapped to flood? I'm also thinking the artifacts, bone and pottery, found its way in through tunnels/caves.
    Just fast forward every time they go to the "war room" or anywhere away from the hole.

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I wonder if there are any legends to pursue in Hollywood where I live?

one website I love is findadeath.com . Guy in hollywood gives tours of where celebs died and their houses. Morbid but fascinating. Gives brief history of their final days.

I believe they found site of original 10 commandments filming location and are excavating the old set. Apparently too big to move so they just buried it.

as for oak island, i would have tourism board sell permits to metal detect. Sure everythings probably gone, but you never know. A small hole here and there is not going to hurt the island.

I was digging in an old site around here, from revolutionary war times. Someone had just bought the land and I got permission. They were going to build on it. I found old coins, artifacts, plenty of pottery, and some old bottles. I mentioned they should have historic commission come in and look. They told me they almost banned me for even mentioning it since it would upset their building plans. I had to do some fast talking and mums the word on contacting any historical society.

A friend of mine had found and old coin while detecting. Said next thing he knew , park rangers surrounded him and demanded everything he found. Ranger said illegal to take stuff out. He asked why. Ranger said its for future generations which I found to be horseshit. In the ground it does no one any good. Rangers apparently watch for anyone searching since they have nothing better to do.

One guy told me he was part of a group that excavated an old civil war camp in north carolina. They paid thousands to land owner for the rights. Showed me some of the stuff they found, incredible. He said when they first contacted the landowner, which was a farm, the owner took them in basement and he saw dozens of metal detectors on wall. He asked the owner if he detected, to which the owner replied, no, those are the ones I confiscated anytime someone came on my land. He said the group were the first to offer money, so he decided to give permission.

First time out, i found a musket ball in a field, which had me hooked from day one. I love the history of it. I would rather find and old coin than a modern ring.

#225 6 years ago

saw previews and looks awesome.

I definitely have to do some more digging and exploring this summer.

#261 6 years ago

I just hope they stop dicking around with the swamp. It could be man made, but there's nothing there. Why would they scuttle a boat.? And stop going to castles looking for clues. They're on the pit, dig through and finish this. But I know if anything significant was found, it would have been in scientific journals, they would have had to get it preserved, leaks would have allready hit the press. Its knowing the ending of a book is crap and yet you still keep reading.

#279 6 years ago

If retrieved. why not just leave the hole as is? Maybe thats the swamp, they retrieved items and just left the hole, which filled with water and became the swamp after time. But there are still artifacts at bottom of shaft. I would love to see them pull up a coin from that deep just to confirm which time period put it there.

The metal detecting is just a time filler. Unless they find a trail of dropped coins that lead to the ocean. "we found your toy gun", who the f cares, dig the damn shaft.

#287 6 years ago

you know, the usual fertility symbol, used for religious purposes, etc etc. Its what they always say.When in doubt, say it was used for ceremonial purposes.
    Like the cave drawings in france. If you ask me, the reason they were drawn was sex. Someone weak at hunting, but good at drawing, was showing off trying to impress a cave girl.

#299 6 years ago

annnd I'm done. I watched 20 minutes in real time tonight. 10 of which were commercials. recap
    "expert" says its a cross and its old.
    They missed the vault, possibly dislodged it, so digging another hole
    another "expert" says purple wood could mean its important. fabric the size of a stamp shows its a manuscript. leather could also mean its a book. In conclusion, its probably a holy religious book, which is BS because why would they bury an important book where water can get at it.
    They found broken pottery in an old trash pit. Big deal, I can do that here and have done it many a time. just look for clam shells, they take a looong time to decompose and show where people threw trash out.

next week, they go slogging through swamp and find a post thats been cut. waste of freaking time.

#313 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

And yet you wasted more of your time coming in here and posting.

but it feels good to vent.

#314 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The purple wood was interesting.
    Not just for its color, but it appeared to be unweathered or decayed.....all other wood darkens heavily, unless a fresh break.
    Any ideas?

yes, possibly planted. I also did not see when they discovered it.

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

And yet you wasted more of your time coming in here and posting.

plus it makes me feel good feeding trolls. did you enjoy?

10 months later
    #605 5 years ago

Ha, didn't they find a "roman" sword a few years ago that came back fake? Yes, I'm hooked on the damn show. Thanks to dvr I can zip through in about 7 min. One woman researcher just died, they have to go through all her belongings to find clues. But lo and behold, one of the brothers picks up the exact book they need with a hidden map and cypher in back. Enough of the damn templar theory, ENOUGH!!!!!
    Reminds me of Goldrush show. 55 min of machines breaking down, 5 minutes of weighing gold. Thank you dvr, I can skip the first 55 min thank you very much.
    We're on the vault, no the vault moved, we dislodged it. We're on a tunnel, no the tunnels collapsed. Is this an original tunnel, or subsequent searcher tunnels?
    That about sums up the past 6 years.

#612 5 years ago

Its funny though, they find just the right items to keep interest peaked. Jewelry, roman spear point, old cross, old coins, possible plank from an old sailing vessel, cocanut fiber, bone fragments, pottery fragments, parchment fragment,old nails, not to mention cut timber underground. What next, a cannon from blackbeards boat. cant they shove a metal detector down one of the bore holes to see if any metal around?

2 weeks later
    #619 5 years ago

last 2 episodes were dvr'ed and I could zip through in 7 minutes total. Again with the nights templar. They dug a hole in what they named "the outhouse", turns out nothing found, surprise. They dated the cross and supposed mine of origin, blah blah blah. Next week they find a stone so of course I'll dvr it.

#623 5 years ago
    Quoted from Captainhook:

What they need to do is bring in Parker Schnabel from Gold Rush! He'd have that whole island down to bedrock in two weeks.

then the show would be mostly his equipment breaking down. metal detector guy doing all the finding, but who knows when stuff was dropped. what the hell happened to the wood beams they were pulling up? Anytime someone talks, fast forward. show me something they pysically find and i'll watch, anything else, FF

1 week later
    #653 5 years ago

spoilers....
    lets see, they found original stone, of course worn smooth and worthless. found a trash pit through metal detector guy which resulted in a handful of pottery fragments. another crazy theory island is a star map. and water leaking in damn. That just about covers it. 2 hrs reduced to 10 min thanks to fast forwarding. oh yeah, in trash pit, an old rifle ramrod.

2 weeks later
    #691 5 years ago
    Quoted from L8vid:

So after watching an hour show I realized they found a wooden plank and a rock. I can go in my backyard and find the same!

But does your rock have a straight edge and mysterious "carvings" on it?.

best case scenerio, knights templar hid holy grail there in moneypit
    runner up, pirates hid their gold in moneypit.
    settle for , romans washed up on shore, built dock to try and repair boat, in the meantime, built "vault" aka time capsule , to show they were there and hide gold/payroll, they were carrying.

what keeps me interested, cocoanut fibers found, bones found underground. wood found underground,
    as for the metal detector guy, no telling when things were dropped. remember the fake roman sword . people probably now visiting and throwing all kinds of crap all over island.

ridiculous, star map, knights templar, holy grail, shakespears original works, marie antoinettes jewels.
    as for star map, yeah, they moved boulders that weighed tons to align with stars with no instruments but a string and a rock.

#698 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

scale is easy, star 1 is arbitrary distance of one unit from star 2. star 2 is 1.3 arbitrary units from star 3, and so on for all the relevant stars. Angles are easily measured. Pick your start pint on the ground for star 1. assign the arbitrary distance a real distance, say 100 feet. that makes the 2 to 3 distance 130 feet, measure your angles and place things as needed to match. Its very simple. obviously spanning islands would be difficult as they would need to be used as your baseline distance. 2 islands would be pretty easy, beyond that your at the luck of the island distribution.

True enough, but why move boulders that weigh tons to those specific points. Are they expecting to hide whatever is there for 500 years? For that kind of effort, you could have just stacked up some med sized rocks. Imagine the effort to move that kind of tonnage. Makes no sense.

Hopefully tomorrow they dig the large hole in the right place. Triangulate the box drains back in line and get to it.

#732 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

they didn't move anything there is more than enough "slop" in the star map to find big rocks in the "right" place in a rocky environment. The star map is just a fun tv diversion. IF they really did move rocks you would move large ones as they would be unlikely to be moved again. A pile of medium rocks is much easier to have accidentally scavenged, or naturally disrupted, over time.

Thats my point, you make a pile of small rocks if you are going to come back at some point, a few years and dig up what you marked. You move large ones if you want to mark something for decades. Did they really store something they wanted untouched for decades? If it was pirates, you would want to come back in a few years and grab your retirement gold.

Now they are throwing "vikings" around. add that to the list of romans, crusaders, knights templar, british, and pirates.

Anyone see those old pictures of the cove before? All of a sudden they start showing old pictures of what they found in the cove years ago and was covered up by the storm. No one ever mentioned drydock, or L-shaped structure before. Now they show pictures from 1930 excavation like they knew stuff was there all the time. Anyone else see the steel cable by the new structure? They ignored it completely and it was there plain as day.

I can see dry dock for repairing boats or a boat, that would figure with romans and/or vikings. But vikings wouldn't use roman numerals.

The system they are talking about must have taken a long time to build and a lot of manpower. Much more than a group of pirates hiding gold at this point.

trying to un-stick the original "vault" is crap, just dig the damn big holes all around the site where you first hit wood.

please dont date the "bracelet" they found or try and find its source mine.

3 weeks later
    #779 5 years ago

Yes, If I were going to hide some super valuable parchment, I would hide it on an island. I would bury it deep below the water table. And I would rig booby traps so it would flood if found. A cave somewhere above water, like the dead sea scrolls hiding place, just wouldn't make sense.

O shoot, the tunnel collapsed. which is exactly what I would say if I found a hoard of gold and transported it away to be cashed later....kind of like the red oktober "sinking".
    sorry, just bored, and pissed off I am wasting time watching this garbage.

#787 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

You're wasting even more time coming in here to bitch.

if it bothers you it was time well spent

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesster64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=jesster64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.