Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,275 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MRG
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hailrazer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#965 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The amount of material pre 1600, and in theory 1400s, is amazing!
    One theory, I can think of, is the 1492 Expulsion of 200,000 Jews from Spain.
    Many went by boat, and some ended up south of US, in the Island of Granada that is known.
    Yes, within 1 day of Columbus, but thats another story.
    Who knows if a ship went north? They feared persecution, and could have buried the wealth they took.

Or maybe people kept things in working order forever back then. And the tools were made well and lasted longer. So a 1400's tool was still used in the 1800's when it was dropped. Could it be?

#970 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Possible, but what do we have around from the 1600s being used?
    I dont think so....Hundred years seems about Max

Metal blacksmithing tools? Quite a few. And that's despite the fact that lots of old metal tools were melted down to be used during all the last centuries wars.

1 month later
    #995 4 years ago

OK what am I missing here. They are trying to find a shaft 14ft away from the money pit so they can find the original money pit. But there's no way that shaft is still there. In 1965 Robert Dunfield dug up the entire Money Pit area 100' wide x 140' deep.

There would be nothing left of the original money pit or the other shaft.

What is the point?

#1015 4 years ago

Last week and this weeks episodes are the reason I dislike the show. Oh look a painting and if we randomly put a pentagram over it , then randomly put the painting on a "cross" of random rocks, we get a point in the swamp.

Next week ....... oh nevermind, we'll now randomly change the position of the pentagram and put different random lines on the painting to match a woman we found in the background of another painting. Now if we change the position of the pentagram on the "cross" we now intersect the point in the swamp here.

All this random bullcrap takes away all credibility on the show. Makes the whole thing look like a bloody circus show.

Just dig and find and present information. Stop with the hoaky bull manure "theories". I wind up fast forwarding through all that mess anyway. Waste of time and kills brain cells.

#1017 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dont watch until its over.....Really some people find it fascinating.
    There is a Whole religion out of Utah based on earlier Travels to North America,
    our History books get changed, hopefully, with the Vikings now being earlier than Spain or Portugal.
    The knights Templar is so rooted, you have a Seeing Eye...the Eye of Horus on Every Dollar Bill.
    Same Hoaky BS that let our countries leaders put it all over our money and Capital....
    But I do respect your view that you dont like the show...thats fine.

I like the show, I just don't like that part. I've always been the type that likes conspiracy theories until they become hoaky.

Watched a show about Washington D.C. They were saying how it was built by FreeMasons and they built the street layout based on a Pentagram. Then they proceed to show the street layout and overlay the Pentagram. Conveniently they drew in several lines on the Pentagram where there WERE NO STREETS! Yet they drew them as if they were there. Nope never were there. I get where they were going but don't make crap up and then change things to make it fit.

This show does the exact same thing. Preys upon the stupid and simple. There is enough good stuff here without making crap up.

#1019 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jhines:

I guess my big question about the most recent shaft that is supposed to be 14 ft from the money pit is why is this shaft still there? There was supposed to have been a major excavation of the area. The shaft should have been destroyed. Oh well maybe I'm in too deep. I've only been watching guys dig for the last 5 yrs but somehow it reels you in.

Go back one page. I asked the same question and got a good answer.

1 month later
    #1097 4 years ago

Yup they built a dry dock. Amazing.

On the same scales as the Pyramids I'm sure.

3 weeks later
    #1130 4 years ago

Surprisingly water started coming in from "inland". You think? Right from the direction of a huge pit full of water. What a surprise

#1136 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Was thinking the same thing when they showed the overhead shot. I feel like that piece of water is more of a key than they ever mention. Just seems like they avoid it. Have they ever sent anything or anybody into it?

It's a cave in from an earlier excavation years ago.

1 week later
    #1140 4 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

Seven must die....

If the 7th dies of Coronavirus does that count?

1 month later
    #1206 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

They found coins and a gem dated from the 1600's so there were already things happening on the island before the mid 1700's. To engineer something on that scale was definitely not done for a mere taxation abatement scheme.

Coins and gems that could easily have been from people in the 1700's that dropped them. Families passed things down a long time you know, and coins were used for hundreds of years.

5 months later
    #1287 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

How do they explain human bone fragments, that are carbon dated from the 1600’s From a person from the Middle East. Found 170 feet below the surface?

That ground has been dug up and reburied multiple times. Who knows what was lying right below the surface that is now 170' down.

2 months later
    #1361 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

That is one of the most ridiculous theories the show has had.
    Somehow that little cross, found on the beach is the cypher to one of the biggest treasures ever, um, no.

Yea and you have to have the exact perfect size map for the points to fit. I'm sure it matched the first hand drawn maps of the island.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hailrazer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.