1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 950 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Rascal-911
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 12.22.50 PM (resized).png
    chappel shaft (resized).jpg
    dunfield (resized).jpg
    oak-island-ms (resized).png
    restall (resized).jpg
    oakisland4 (resized).jpg
    53823437_10157126968362679_5221332441133744128_nDB (resized).jpg
    Oak Island (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    drop.gif
    oak island (resized).jpg
    nt2 (resized).jpg
    nt (resized).jpg
    20181203_135820 (002) (resized).jpg
    93DCCDB8-DBCA-4F3A-80F3-A6433B1451C9 (resized).jpeg
    231F1EDB-7E6C-49C7-AB76-ACAF7423FAF7 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#773 8 months ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Edit: shows 15 as next one though....so 14 is somewhere...

I bet that's what they dig up in the end....

2 months later
    #877 5 months ago

So I have been binge watching this past week or so after surgery and they have found some interesting stuff. The history behind a lot of it fascinating to say the least, a lot of the theories fit well with the puzzle and some are a little out there but who knows where this will go.

The one thing I do take away from this show is that you really get a sense for Ricks personality and I honestly believe he genuinely cares not only about the research and the lost treasure but about all the people in general from past to present. On several occasions he really have become a bit emotional when he met with Lee Lamb and Bobby's logs, the time capsule deposit, when Fred Nolan past and when Drake had past. I could only imagine how he'll be when they open up next season with Dan's passing. Rick is the type of guy I love to sit and have a few drinks with and chat away on history.

#886 5 months ago

Shit missed it

#895 5 months ago

Actually last episode Marty is quite eager to return to the swamp and dig now knowing there is a very suspicious anomaly in there. So much so that they even pushed aside and did even mention the possible tunnel anomaly from the Swamp high lands to the money pit again. It's getting very interesting for sure.

#901 5 months ago

Over??? Nope this is just the beginning.

#907 5 months ago

The show reached in this past season 54.6 million viewers, guaranteed History Channel is funding a major part of the doings on the island now in addition to the cast now being paid as well.

Ricks net worth went from 500K when first started to over 2 million now just short of 3. Well Marty already had a cash flow from his companies but even his worth has jumped a few million. History channel will keep paying riding the wave of Oak Islands popularity, if and when the ratings start to fall off.... treasure will be found at the point (if not already and leaving it on the back burner) and bring the series to a close. Till then, if it ain't broke don't mess with it motto.

#909 5 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The info at 2 Million in Net Worth, seems to be in error. Click the next few links on Google, and the sale of his Oil Co, and Net Worth of his Wind Turbine Company, and Winery. I think the 2 Million was pulled from somewhere regarding from only "Oak island Ventures".....Estimates are 40-100 Million in Net Worth.

That 2+ is Rick's net worth. I think Marty is 100+. I probably should have worded my comment a little better then I did lol.

#911 5 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Gotcha...I read it wrong several times....Mybad...sorry.

Nah it was my Brooklynese accent lol.

4 months later
    #927 32 days ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

They are never going to find shit.

...and yet here I thought they already did. Not a large quantity / stash of pirate style treasure but with no doubt artifacts and coins dating way back showing there was some activity as thought in the legends.

#930 31 days ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

People keep watching the show so it must be good business for the brothers who get paid for this . I think they should just dig a nice huge hole right in the money pit and see what they find. As many holes on that island that there are they might as well. The announcer really makes me cringe.

Oak Island is one of the top rated cable TV shows which equate to big money. So IMHO even if they do or already did find something of significance The History Channel will continue to ride that gravy train until the ratings start to fall off then wrap it up with their payoff findings. In the meantime more bucks means less funding THC has to put out for their digs. Still fun to watch and learn some history in the process.

#933 31 days ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

THC? Is that a Freudian slip?

THC - The History Channel, not to be confused with Tetrahydrocannabinol lol

3 weeks later
    #943 10 days ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Man, that narrator drives me nuts

just like the one from "Ancient Aliens"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside