(Topic ID: 206863)

OT: Oak Island....Are you watching?

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    marty_lagina_meme (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_7965865_3725613 (resized).png
    IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
    5611decd-80b6-413f-96fa-004a49b5133d_text.gif
    IMG_1860 (resized).jpeg
    15703 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skidave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1428 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I think you meant last 5 seasons...

LOL! I watch this with my 10 and 12 year old boys. It spawns a lot of creativity and discussion...and waiting.

We did purchase 2 metal detectors for the boys and that has brought us hours of entertainment. So far, we found a quarter and a lot of trash.

#1431 3 years ago

We check at the parks and schools. Our neighborhood has been ripe for nails, screws, cans and even a screw bit. Not exactly bobby dazzlers by any imagination. We did find a mint railroad spike and gear from an area that used to have train tracks 50 years ago. The boys liked that. We have not metal detected at the Gettysburg battle fields. I have to look and see if it is allowed. I can imagine there are gems all over the place there.

8 months later
    #1541 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I do wonder how well they all get along. Do they hear, "Metal Detection Expert Gary Drayton" and roll their eyes? Maybe one day we will get an unauthorized tell-all account of all of the sex-drugs-and rock and roll that occurred on Oak Island Did any of the guys try to pee down the bore C4? Things like that

Doubtful. Look at the cast. As soon as the cameras stop, the nerd talk and dream weaving continues.

2 weeks later
    #1556 2 years ago

I watched last night for 10 minutes. They found a piece of round wood in one of the core samples and a button in the woods. OK, next please? I guess I'll wait until the last episode of the season for the recaps and see where they ended.

BTW, is Gary the only one allowed to use a metal detector? Seems to me, if you have 2 guys walking an area, both should have detectors and shovels?!?!?!? Or is this like the home improvement shows...when the cameras turn off, the crew of workers get everything done and the hosts get ready for the next reveal scene?

1 month later
    #1609 2 years ago

What the show should do is show the behind the scenes 'stuff'. You know Rick and Marty are not doing all the day to day managing of projects, crews and money. Sure, they have a big picture of the whole thing...but the real managers of everything are never shown. Much like these home renovation shows. The designers stand in front of the camera. We know they stop filming and a crew of workers come out and do everything. Someone manages the workers and it surely is not the designers.

The island is starting to look like swiss cheese with all the test holes. These companies are probably thrilled to keep boring away and sending invoices.

#1613 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

We're on the same page, even posted about it awhile ago. I guess that doesn't make for a good show tho.

More boring than the wood they find. But still would be interesting.

I guess it could happen as mid-season interlude to build suspense; but since the season is boring as all can be...no suspense builder needed.

1 month later
    #1649 2 years ago

This would make a great comedy sketch for Saturday Night Live or similar. Combing through rocks to find a piece of parchment (so they say) with writing. That could be spun to something like 'If you found this, we already took the gold'. Then the whole thing how Gary swings the metal detector but someone else always digs the object...and Gary puts it in HIS pocket. What about the stone road...I can think of a million ways to get humor from that. And finally, every time they shove a new can into the ground, they say 'This is the one'. So many opportunities to bust on them.

Yet we all wait to see what they find.

1 week later
    #1667 2 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Was I the only one that took notice of Jack Begley's new homeless-guy look? Seems a bit more homeless looking than he did for the first HUNDRED episodes... (at least it seemed like a hundred). His bio kinda reveals his other hobby too: a drone pilot for Remote Energy Solutions in Traverse City, Michigan or in Reno Nevada (take your pick).

They all look like they need a hot shower, time with a woman and some weeks away from the island. I know we are watching the end of the season and they are / were heading into winter.

I watched the last 20 minutes. Best line of the night: Gary finds the axe or something like that and he yells over to Billy in the excavator "Axe head, right Billy?" Billy said 'yep'. LOL

9 months later
    #1739 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I cleaned up the image, it's a skull to the left. Nothing else of importance spotted. Oak Island Team decided to call it a day and move on to more metal detecting and wadding in the swamp next week.
    [quoted image]

1 year later
    #2170 35 days ago

I watched with my boys last night (14 & 16). They know the deal...wait until the next episode, storm will flood the shaft, more big rocks with little rocks around them. Our comments were hilarious to each other. But, best episode yet.

If they are that close in the shaft, put 3 shifts from that digging operation on the last few feet and get it done!

#2187 29 days ago

Great. I set it to DVR last night and now I can completely be disappointed. I'd like to shove some bore hole pipe up the brothers A$$e$.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skidave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=Skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.