Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,276 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JonCBrand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1012 4 years ago

I'm hooked since S1E1.

3 months later
    #1236 3 years ago

I can't imagine how anyone could commit 10M to digging a hole. Personally I think what was there is long gone.

Hopefully they do the big dig and hit the vault

#1247 3 years ago
    Quoted from guss:

The old colored guy got it. ( I forgot his name )

Samuel Ball, The history of him going from potato farmer to one of the richest men and owning a large portion of the island should be proof alone that most or all of the treasure is gone.

#1257 3 years ago
    Quoted from SaminVA:

I hear Parker Schnabel from Gold Rush is looking for a new hole to dig. He could bring his wash plant Slucifer and sluice all that dirt in no time.

I think he's busy with his new lady friend Tyler in Australia.

7 months later
    #1331 3 years ago

Ive been hooked since S1E1, all my buddies make fun of me but I just cant get enough.

#1345 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny10:

8 years and god only knows how much money spent, and almost nothing to show for it. a few coins, an ivory cross... seriously ??? You could take a metal detector to any beach and find a lot more in much less time. I like the show, but these brothers do not know any more about archeology than most of us know. They just got lucky with an idea to make a show about it.

Totally agree. they have spent more than they could ever make. Without the TV series I think they would have walked away years ago.

#1348 3 years ago

I'm more interested in the sonar data from tonight. bet its nothing.

#1365 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

There is an old prospectors tale about his that travels from Dover to Denver, and buried gold loot in St Louis along the way. It must be true since I can plot lines that show the clear and intentional placement by using these terminal anchors and a 90-degree perpendicular line tht runs right through St. Louis.
    [quoted image]

Agreed adjusting map size and rotation you can make any sort of idea work.
    I.E. use a pretzel to locate a sunken ship on lake Michigan, if you pick the right sizes

2 weeks later
    #1369 3 years ago

Can't believe what Gary found already...

9 months later
    #1495 2 years ago

How many rusty nails with Marty and Rick find on next weeks season premier?

1 week later
    #1502 2 years ago

Spoiler alert!!
    26 min to the first piece of wood. zzzzzzz

1 month later
    #1573 2 years ago

My favorite part of Oak Island is when it ends, and that new prison escape show with Morgan Freman starts.

11 months later
    #1699 1 year ago

I would (wood?) almost pay for a 10 minute episode that skips all the flashbacks.

#1703 1 year ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Well I recorded the episode and haven't watched it yet. But by reading the comments so far, it doesn't sound like I need to. How many times times can you listen to, "Could this be..."?

I enjoy the show for the use of technology, the under water cameras, GPR, and the seismic surveys. Aside from that of course I want to see a huge cash of treasure.

#1708 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I watch on you tube, each episode is 10-15minutes max

Well then I guess Im doing that next episode.
    Thank you

#1713 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Tonight reminded me why I lost interest in the show last season.
    Spoiler alert below.
    I saw a road trip for 30 min., then towards the end, I saw the brothers tell everybody about the same road trip I saw at the beginning of the episode.

I forgot to watch but thanks for saving my 45 min of my life.

1 month later
    #1733 1 year ago

I saw a stone cross in the underwater camera shots at the last few minutes of the show. No discussion from them on that. Watching live missed my chance at a picture. I'll wait for it on demand to grab a shot.

#1735 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Bottom left?
    [quoted image]

Yes!!

1 month later
    #1754 1 year ago

I watched the recent episode while doing some work. What I remember is the crew took 2 items to the blacksmith. They looked like breaded chicken wings.

2 months later
    #1827 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Actually, I don't mind the road trips, because it reminds me of how I never care to go to any of those places myself.
    I prefer to go on vacations in my own country and help the economies of my own country.
    So far, I have never seen any footage on tv of any place that I want to go to myself. Nice to see the places on tv for free though.
    I am glad that Skinwalker Ranch is back, it is a tad interesting.
    Maybe Oak Island will find something next season, I doubt they would ever show the footage this late in the season, if they actually did find anything now.

Skinwalker is very interesting, hopefully it doesn't end up like Oak Island

6 months later
    #1897 5 months ago

Someone please tag me when there is a good episode.

#1900 5 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet. Should I just delete it now?

I had it playing in the backround while I was doing house work I cant say if it was interesting or not. Ill save the episodes for when Im sick or stuck on an airplane.

2 weeks later
    #1946 4 months ago

Everytime I see Dragon it reminds me of John C Riley in Step Brothers.
    I do enjoy Blind Frog, I dont know if its the cave with the wood cribbing or just the personalities. I hope it doesnt end up like Oak Island.

5611decd-80b6-413f-96fa-004a49b5133d_text.gif5611decd-80b6-413f-96fa-004a49b5133d_text.gif
    1 week later
    #1969 4 months ago

I wonder what the daily cash burn is there. How many crew members are volunteers vs paid staff.

Also did anyone else think Terry the Geologist was "abrasive" in the early years. He doesn't bother me any more.

#1974 4 months ago
    Quoted from MRG:

S11 E5
    Lead bag seal

Holy crap its not wood.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JonCBrand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=JonCBrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.