Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,259 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Half_Life.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#224 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

ready player one

That is an awesome book!

Movie arrives March this year.

#226 6 years ago

Really cool premise of an amazing "treasure hunt" coupled with 70's and 80's trivia and a splash of classic arcade games thrown in.

May not be on the same level as Oak Island (I watch this too), but still pretty cool. I'm hoping the Lagina brothers find something amazing this year and not stretch it out for 4 or 5 more seasons.

#239 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Weird, They did the magnetic testing in the small holes.
    Then took what must have been months to a year, to order the big drill from Korea.
    THEN, they see the 3D readings?

Am I missing something?

That is the definition of "jumping the shark". H8, according to the magnetic readings was to be "the one" so they decided to drill there to hit the "prize". By slightly missing the mark and drilling another, it keeps viewers coming back.

The show drives me nuts. Oh, wait, I've watched enough episodes of this. I'm already nuts.

4 weeks later
    #417 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Maybe the templars had planned on using the vast treasure they buried to fund using nuclear transmutation to turn that "lead cross" into gold!!!

I wonder if the "History Lady" knows a good Alchemist? Maybe the Templars used alchemy to reverse transmutate gold into lead so no one would be the wiser when moving the various objects from one place to another.

1 week later
    #481 6 years ago

While I'm not entirely pleased with how the show is dragged on and definitely not pleased with the 2 hour final show (with the last hour being the intro to the Civil War Gold show), I'll likely continue to DVR future episodes. Treasure can mean many things; gold, silver, jewels, etc. Perhaps treasure can also mean knowledge gained; knowledge that may change the history of that part of the world.

Would I like to see gold, silver, jewels, etc uncovered on Oak Island? Yes, definitely. However, determining the origin of the findings and the related back-story is just as exciting to me.

9 months later
    #628 5 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

IMO 'find' should be in quotes. He just seems to always 'find' things that hit all the right buttons, has all of the answers and which line of theory it aligns. I'd feel better if there were more finds along the same timeline or something that developed a location. But instead we see a find here, and another there. and each paints a mystery and none of them connect. From an analytic standpoint, it doesn't feel sound and so feels fishy. Its far more consistent with someone planting items and retrieving them. The fact that they either don't look much past a single find or do and don't find anything lends more credibility to a fabrication.

Sure there are isolated finds, but typically where there's some items, there are others. To have so many that all are isolated seems to be a red flag.

Wait, are you saying reality TV isn't real? That they plant things to find?

That's it! I'm asking DISH for my money back.

Really though, it does often seem like things have been planted to help steer the story in particular ways and to get folks coming back to watch. While there are far worse things to waste 40 minutes on, this one isn't terrible.

#644 5 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

The only thing that repeats itself more than the narrator of the show are the comments in this thread lol

... (drops mike)

1 week later
    #662 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

This is what they really used

drop.gifdrop.gif
    1 month later
    #788 5 years ago

Just finished watching the last episode. Complete snoozefest. I'm done following the story as they can drag 5 minutes of new stuff out to 40 minutes and reveal literally nothing. If and when they find the "treasure", I'll read about it on the Interwebs.

7 months later
    #941 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Maybe it was a treasured Mustang.

Perhaps ridden by one of the Knights Templar.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Half_Life.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=Half_Life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.