Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,264 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I agree, the announcer just killed me, but I block him out now.
    I am trained in this skill from 43 years with my wife!
    But, Im so into Archaeology, Anthropology, and Theology, from my family in Europe and Middle East,
    that the show fills my TV viewing with baited enthusiasm!
    After going on only a few "digs" in my life, this is one I wish I could be involved in.
    Im becoming that old man in the shorts walking the beaches here with a metal detector!

LMAO, exactly, when I watch this show and the announcer drones on about some insignificant artifact as though it came from the Ark of the Covenant my wife just rolls her eyes and calls me an idiot for watching this show. I believe it is what is called a guilty pleasure.

Gord

1 week later
    #179 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

Do you have a link to that blogger? I’d like to check it out.

http://oakislandfromtheothersideofthecauseway.com/

1 week later
    #253 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

A map? Of an elaborate, man made box drain system?? Showing the secret location of the entrance to the money pit??? Found on oak island????

You pretty much nailed the narrator. Good job.

Gord

3 weeks later
    #398 6 years ago
    Quoted from smailskid:

ha they are all fluff episodes really. some just more than others.... I have watched all episodes from beginning always kind of laughing to myself because the reason they no one finds anything is ...there is nothing there!! That was my opinion anyway. But I found it interesting to watch with how far will someone go based on their beliefs. But after 5 years I don't care much anymore to watch. It has always been tedious but I am reaching my limit. Thanks for the update.

I feel that 90 percent of these reality shows are fake and they 'salt' the treasure site with artifacts. However, TCOOI does seem real because they really haven't found much of anything in 5 years now.

I sort of wish they would 'salt' the search sites a bit to make it more interesting.

Gord

#402 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

Seriously, well almost-
    drill's stuck, as soon as they put a camera in the hole, it filled with water, 'history lady' came and said nothing, metal detector guy successfully planted another find of a chest lock plate.
    Next episode will be of a diver not finding anything in the hole full of mud. Season over.

I love your quote regarding the 'History Lady'. That was some funny $hit.

I like how the 'History Lady' says something in the War Room and then the camera pans around the room and the regular Oak Island characters all have astonished/pensive looks on their faces as though she just discovered electricity.

Gord

1 week later
    #444 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wikipedia has the next episode listed on march 6th. Titled “amazing discoveries”
    .....so that means they’ll find nothing.

Well, we can always hope that the 'History Lady' makes another guest appearance to further educate the Oak Island crew with some additional scintillating facts which likely have nothing to do with the current treasure search on Oak Island.

Gord

7 months later
    #504 5 years ago

Could it be . . . that they actually find something this season? Of course whatever is found will likely be proof positive that members of the Knights Templar sailed across the Atlantic Ocean from France several hundred years ago to dig a giant hole on obscure Oak Island and then they created a complex system of booby traps to protect said treasure which likely includes the Ark of the Covenant and other priceless artifacts.

This will all be corroborated by the 'History Lady' who carries a Doctorate Degree from some never before heard of Internet university. Even with all of the fakeness in the show I will undoubtedly record it and watch it. Call it my guilty pleasure.

Gord

2 years later
    #1387 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Beyond Oak Island is the most rediculous show in that genre. They send their side-kick Matty out to have some casual discussions with the loudest proponents of whatever the mysstery is. No science, no exploration, just some emotional 'wow' kind of dialogs. Weird.

I still think 'The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch' is the worst of this genre. I mean really, the Security Chief for Skinwalker Ranch is nicknamed 'Dragon'. Wow, with a nickname like 'Dragon' there must be some really scary stuff taking place on the ranch . . . LMAO.

Gord

2 years later
    #1823 1 year ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Is that another way of saying “Gopher”?

Do they have a title for Peter Fornetti? He is normally Gary's digger or gopher for everyone else.

Gord

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=GRB1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.