Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,259 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillySastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

The format for most of these type of shows are annoying. Repeating the last bit that was aired before the commercial break. Or 6 minutes from the last episode. We do not get a full hour of TV show, and do not get me started on airing the same 3 or 4 repetitive commercials. That Searching for Hitler is the winner hands down for repeating the last scene.

This is why I quit watching. I don't need a recap of what happened after every commercial break. Ice road truckers did the same thing. That and they created unneeded drama for every little thing. Made the show unwatchable.

2 weeks later
    #236 6 years ago

I just watched the show for the first time since season one, and it's worse than I remember it. Why are they still looking for metal in the cove? They were doing that in season one. I think the story and treasure hunt is very cool, but this show kills any interest I have in it.

You can definitely tell that Marty isn't using his own money any more. He used to be the voice of reason, now he's all in on everything and just as crazy as Rick.

#256 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I haven't watched the show yet but I do enjoy this thread.

This thread is more entertaining than the show. Hold off watching the show until someone announces that they actually found something. Then watch that episode and you will see everything you need to see from the show.

#270 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Total scam. “Water traps” lol. Try digging down 40 feet on ANY small island.

Try digging 40' feet down anywhere besides a desert.

#272 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ya do realize that there are thousands of mine shafts that go down hundreds of feet all over the world that haven’t hit water, you do t have to be in a desert.

Yeah, no. Pretty much every mine requires pumps to remove water. The exception being self-draining mines that have a deep draining adit.

They may not "hit water" like a well, but groundwater will fill a mine.

1 month later
    #491 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

And I think Dan Blankenship's son Dave is kind of a tool. He is all gung- ho for them to continue. The thing is that I never really see him contribute, or do any of the work. And its not his money that is being spent in the search.

Dave was in a nearly fatal industrial accident many years ago and is permanently disabled because of it. Can't really expect him to do a helluva lot.

#499 6 years ago
    Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

I only made it less than 1/2 way through the confederate gold episode before falling asleep due to predicable ridiculousness of the show. Trying to find where Jefferson Davis took a ferry across a river in Georgia.... & claiming "this is the exact spot!" Yep that's going to help lead you to lost Confederate gold...... OMG.... I think that's when I had enough & closed my eyes. Way too much conjecture going on in these shows.

The only thing I liked about that show was finding out that Jeff Davis was a cross dresser. Everything else was crap, and the whole gold story seems pretty far fetched.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillySastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching?tu=BillySastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.