Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,259 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 46.
    #1801 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I’ll play along
    Fav - Marty Latina - he usually has original dialogue and doesn’t suffer from verbal diarrhea (unlike his brother)

I am so glad you mentioned this. Rick just can’t STFU. He likes to think he’s the smartest guy on the island and all decisions run through him.

#1802 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Geez, don't so be quick to rush to judgement. We need to have it carbon dated.

LOL. Maybe Rick can sniff it to check for charcoal.

#1803 1 year ago

My three answers:

1. Billy - he is the most underrated member of the team. I also think Marty is great too.

2. This is the toughest one. Dislike Rick. Jack has the most ridiculous takes. Gary needs to stop acting like he strikes gold. My vote is for Laird as he cock blocks any significant dig with a trowel.

3. April 2026. They find a vault with nothing in it.

#1804 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

My three answers:
    1. Billy - he is the most underrated member of the team. I also think Marty is great too.
    2. This is the toughest one. Dislike Rick. Jack has the most ridiculous takes. Gary needs to stop acting like he strikes gold. My vote is for Laird as he cock blocks any significant dig with a trowel.

Yeah Billy is a good answer. No bs from Billy - he knows how to work that escavator with some real talent.

#1805 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

My three answers:

Rick is a mixed bag for me…. He definitely has passion, works hard, and isn’t afraid to do the dirty work. However, he is also a walking cliche machine. It seems like his dialogue consists of a bout 50 sentences that they just cut and paste in ad nauseum

#1806 1 year ago

1. My favorite is the Bobby-Dazzler guy. I like him because he is the only one who finds anything of value.

2. My least favorite is the bald guy with the facial hair. Jack? Whatever his name is, I have no clue why he is there. He adds zero value. He is quick to latch on any theory that he thinks the non-Marty Lagina brother might believe. I think it’s funny they give him the dirty/messy jobs to do.

3. They won’t ever find any treasure and the show will end in 3 more seasons. So, 2026-2027-ish.

#1807 1 year ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

1. Miriam Amirault - no explanation necessary
    2. Peter Fornetti - doesn’t seem to know why he’s even there, and neither does anyone else
    3. Aug. 1795 by Samuel Ball

I agree with you.

I think the show will go on for 2-3 more years, until they figure out the real treasure is a hidden bank account left by Bell after he had already sold everything.

Then a new show with Shatner will start, looking for all the treasures that Bell sold.

#1808 1 year ago

they should spice it up with some drama and have peter and and miriam hook up. then jack and/or emma get jealous.

boots on the ground. ah hah moment.

#1809 1 year ago

Since I have stopped watching the show a few years back, I don't even know who Miriam and Peter are. haha.

#1810 1 year ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

boots on the ground. ah hah moment.

I HATE when he says that. Something about his attitude bugs me. I want to "vote" him off the island. LOL

#1811 1 year ago

1. My favorite is Gary. Several years ago my wife and I renamed the show to "What does Gary find tonight".
    2. Least favorite is still Jack. He basically adds nothing and only ever parrots what someone else says. I will say Rick is a close second with his repetitive phases and I never liked when he started the whole "Its about the story" crap.
    3. Show will end when the rating drop. I can't blame Marty and Rick. If a TV show was paying me lots of $ to pursue a hobby that would be great. I also believe Sam Ball probably found the good stuff. If there is anything left, they need to bring in Tony or Parker from Gold Rush. They would dig the whole island in a week.

#1812 1 year ago
    Quoted from SkyJammer:

hey need to bring in Tony or Parker from Gold Rush. They would dig the whole island in a week.

This definitely has to happen!!!!!

#1813 1 year ago

I swear when they are metal detecting some of those holes are already dug and been put back. The shovel goes in the ground and you see the whole thing start to wiggle.

#1814 1 year ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I want to "vote" him off the island. LOL

This!!! ^^^

I was going to ask who would you vote off the island versus least favorite person.

SkyJammer I second your motion for Jack and Rick to go back to mainland Michigan. Or the UP.

Quoted from SkyJammer:

1. My favorite is Gary. Several years ago my wife and I renamed the show to "What does Gary find tonight".
    2. Least favorite is still Jack. He basically adds nothing and only ever parrots what someone else says. I will say Rick is a close second with his repetitive phases and I never liked when he started the whole "Its about the story" crap.
    3. Show will end when the rating drop. I can't blame Marty and Rick. If a TV show was paying me lots of $ to pursue a hobby that would be great. I also believe Sam Ball probably found the good stuff. If there is anything left, they need to bring in Tony or Parker from Gold Rush. They would dig the whole island in a week.

1. Love it. My wife calls the show “Joke Island.”

3. Great point about ratings. You’re probably right.

#1815 1 year ago

Sometimes if you have a good eye, you can catch how some of these treasure hunting shows stretch reality. To me, that can be the most interesting part of the show. Sort of like spotting bloopers in shows or movies.

I remember one of the shows (Beyond Oak Island) visited a small lake not long ago. Can't remember the details about the folk lore, but the show focused a bit on two mysterious marking going down a small hill to the lake. Of course, there had to be some unworldly explanation for the markings and something at the bottom of the lake. Then in another scene not related to the earlier, you could spot just for a second, posts from a pier long since gone in the same spot. The 'mystery markings' likely were vehicle tracks from a couple of guys going to their favorite fishing pier ages ago.

Another show, not related to Oak Island, had to do with something about a bank in a town if I recall correctly. Something about houses and tunnels between them, and maybe a tunnel going to the bank vaguely come to mind. I recall the crew standing in a basement and someone was explaining how the wall appeared to have different bricks. Clearly that was a sign there was (or is) a secret tunnel entrance going to the house across the street. The problem? It was an old house, the kind where the basement (below ground) is only 4 or so feet, with the rest above ground. What gave it away? A basement window right next to where they were pointing at the wall. Then a scene where they are looking at the ground, next to the side of the house and you can see the 1st floor was about 3 up from the brick foundation. So either the tunnel was for a 3 year old bank robber, or you had to traverse on your stomach. Or maybe somebody just patched a bad spot in the brick wall. But to the producers, digging a tunnel in 4 ft. of dirt under a street to another house made more sense than just stashing some loot in a wheelbarrow and carting it across the street in the middle of the night.

The SkinWalker Ranch is another one when they get out their RF electronics and start looking for signals. I'm an RF engineer and when they fire up their 'spectrum analyzer' (i.e. a $20 USB receiver stick from Amazon), it is truly cringeworthy to watch.

I think I have more fun spotting these moments than watching the treasure hunting aspect.

#1816 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

when they fire up their 'spectrum analyzer'

Reminds me of something they would say on "Lost in Space" when I was a kid in the '60's. LOL

#1817 1 year ago

Just rewatched the pilot... did you know Jack is Craig Tester's SON!

#1818 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

His stepson. Craig's son Drake passed away.

#1819 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Look in the credits, Jack is a producer too. Lol.

#1820 1 year ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

His stepson. Craig's son Drake passed away.

Gotcha… but in the pilot they called him his son. I remember that Craig’s one son passed away…. If I remember correct he said he would never come back to the island.

#1821 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Look in the credits, Jack is a producer too. Lol.

I stand corrected, Associate Producer.

#1822 1 year ago

Is that another way of saying “Gopher”?

#1823 1 year ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Is that another way of saying “Gopher”?

Do they have a title for Peter Fornetti? He is normally Gary's digger or gopher for everyone else.

Gord

2 weeks later
    #1824 11 months ago

Why the hell are they taking a trip to Italy at the end of their digging season? From the sound of it, they only have a few more weeks before they have to leave the island. Can’t you take it once you’re done on the island?

Weird decision making. Unless the History Channel needed more material.

#1825 11 months ago

Tonight's summary:

1) Road trip to Italy.
    2) Watched Star Trek on Paramount+ instead of watching the road trip. Pretty much whenever "Templars" is mentioned, I'm done. They went off on that stupid tangent in the intro (23 second mark), and I started reaching for the remote.

#1826 11 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Tonight's summary:

1) Road trip to Italy.

Actually, I don't mind the road trips, because it reminds me of how I never care to go to any of those places myself.

I prefer to go on vacations in my own country and help the economies of my own country.

So far, I have never seen any footage on tv of any place that I want to go to myself. Nice to see the places on tv for free though.

I am glad that Skinwalker Ranch is back, it is a tad interesting.

Maybe Oak Island will find something next season, I doubt they would ever show the footage this late in the season, if they actually did find anything now.

#1827 11 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Actually, I don't mind the road trips, because it reminds me of how I never care to go to any of those places myself.
    I prefer to go on vacations in my own country and help the economies of my own country.
    So far, I have never seen any footage on tv of any place that I want to go to myself. Nice to see the places on tv for free though.
    I am glad that Skinwalker Ranch is back, it is a tad interesting.
    Maybe Oak Island will find something next season, I doubt they would ever show the footage this late in the season, if they actually did find anything now.

Skinwalker is very interesting, hopefully it doesn't end up like Oak Island

#1828 11 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Tonight's summary:
    1) Road trip to Italy.
    2) Watched Star Trek on Paramount+ instead of watching the road trip. Pretty much whenever "Templars" is mentioned, I'm done. They went off on that stupid tangent in the intro (23 second mark), and I started reaching for the remote.

This episode might have been the most interesting of the year. I think it is worth watching. I didn't even fall asleep!

I keep waiting for the hurricane to roll through there. Wasn't Nova Scotia hit pretty hard last Fall?

1 week later
    #1829 11 months ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1830 11 months ago

Next week is the week!

#1831 11 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]

There needs to be a "yeah" box. Or maybe "10+ 'Yeahs' in one episode"

#1832 11 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:There needs to be a "yeah" box. Or maybe "10+ 'Yeahs' in one episode"

Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]

Great Card. How about a "Templars Baby!" or "Top Pocket Find" box.

#1833 11 months ago
    Quoted from woody24:

There needs to be a "yeah" box. Or maybe "10+ 'Yeahs' in one episode"

Quoted from tem92:

Great Card. How about a "Templars Baby!" or "Top Pocket Find" box.

Despite only having only one Free spot in the center, I think about 90% are pretty much a given. Templar's - of course. Tunnel mentioned - yep. Wide angle shot of the island, road, Jack and a shovel - every episode, those are really free too. The list goes on.

After finding the bingo card, this was the first show I've really paid attention to in well over a year (it's on for background noise mostly) just to fill out the card! I was hoping to get a "Bobby dazzler" and "Well lookie here!", but didn't happen (almost, not quite tho).

#1834 11 months ago

If one hasnt watched, they shut down Archeological digs. It appears when they find something, the red tape triggered makes the rest of the work much more difficult. They sent the 2 ladies home.

The dating of the road and artifacts could support this contention: "Fragmentary evidence also suggests a previous expedition in 1473 by João Vaz Corte-Real, their father, with other Europeans, to Terra Nova do Bacalhau (New Land of the Codfish) in North America.["

This would show that the "Treaty of Tordesillas in 1494, which divided the Earth outside Europe into Castilian and Portuguese global territorial hemispheres for exclusive conquest and colonization," has a huge backstory lost to history rewrites.

It adds to changes in the Narrative of Columbus, and other history for 1492 and the Queen of Spain.

So as much as like everyone, I want a Treasure after following this since 1965/6, Id also have liked definitive evidence, of History.

#1835 11 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It adds to changes in the Narrative of Columbus

Did he go to Oak Island also?

I am pretty sure they will find the treasure next week during the 2-hour final season episode.

I do hope, in the years to come, that they will find some treasure, and it will be as good as the movie National Treasure.

I also hope they will read comments here and keep all that repetitive narrator stuff to a minimum in future episodes.

#1836 11 months ago

echo.. " Repetitive Narrator?? "

#1837 11 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Did he go to Oak Island also?

No, but the reasons for his exploration, financed by Spain, and the Date he sailed was the following day of
    an expulsion law of the Alhambra Decree.

History of Columbus became debated when the Net brought scholars together, as his bio/info, is stored in fragments across many archives.

Was he a Spy? Was he having an affair with the Queen or someone close? Was his trip financed because of Expulsion and he ferried refugees?

History was changed. Much like East Coast Natives, prior to Africans. Some 20 million people erased from History, and our books, prior to the early 1700s.

Id like to see Oak Island show a Prescence prior to "1492", then the Ocean Treaty needs revision, as well as early exploration prior to say 1550.

I dont believe people were there from early Templar time, but if any wealth was brought in the early 1500s, it could include a cross and other items from generation earlier. Jewelry, coinsMany of us might have a cross from a grandparent as a family heirloom....100+ years.

#1838 11 months ago

10 Things You Didn’t Know about Jack Begley
    https://tvovermind.com/jack-begley/
    (take with a grain of salt since they never mention he is Craig's son/stepson)

And then his 'data driven' stuff:
    https://exploreceleb.com/jack-begley/

#1839 11 months ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

10 Things You Didn’t Know about Jack Begley
    https://tvovermind.com/jack-begley/
    (take with a grain of salt since they never mention he is Craig's son/stepson)
    And then his 'data driven' stuff:
    https://exploreceleb.com/jack-begley/

One thing that I do like about the show is that I like all of the guys. Rick talks too much and needs to learn some new clichés, but they are all pretty relatable and don’t mind getting down in the mud and lifting a shovel.

#1840 11 months ago

Happy Season Finale tonight.

Treasure or no treasure?

#1841 11 months ago

"Could it be...."

#1842 11 months ago

Maybe they will find a Knights Templar guarding the treasure.

IMG_6385.jpegIMG_6385.jpeg
    #1844 11 months ago

I really keep hoping for something like this:

#1845 11 months ago

I like how they say they have to wrap it up for the winter as they walk out of the war room in short sleeves and leaves on the trees.

#1846 11 months ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Maybe they will find a Knights Templar guarding the treasure.
    [quoted image]

You have chosen....to drag this story out for 10 YEARS?

#1847 11 months ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I like how they say they have to wrap it up for the winter as they walk out of the war room in short sleeves and leaves on the trees.

You can have warm days in the fall, their permits will have active dates on them. If the permit says they can go april to october, they have to stop regardless of the weather.

#1848 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

You can have warm days in the fall, their permits will have active dates on them. If the permit says they can go april to october, they have to stop regardless of the weather.

Yeah, they said their permits were expiring and that is why they had to stop working in the Garden Shaft.

All-in-all... the end of the season was pretty good. The last 4 or 5 episodes were the best they have had in years.

#1849 11 months ago

The only treasure is what they make from the studio selling this bullshit story.

#1850 11 months ago

As long as people keep watching, they'll keep producing the show. I found it interesting the first couple years I started watching, but lost interest since it was all the same. At this point I have no hope that they'll find anything significant.

There are 2,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/37?hl=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.