(Topic ID: 206863)

OT: Oak Island....Are you watching?

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 46.
    #1551 2 years ago

This is such an awkward goodbye.

#1552 2 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

But Laird is staying on. Miriam is gone….thanks a lot

Wonder if she eventually shows up on another one of their spinoff treasure hunt shows?

#1553 2 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

But Laird is staying on. Miriam is gone….thanks a lot

Alex Lagina spent too much time, standing near by sucking his stomach in and flexing. He wasn't getting enough work done with her as a distraction

#1554 2 years ago

I think it may be obvious that nothing significant is found this year, based on all of the other spin-offs the Lagina's are in on.

#1555 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Alex Lagina spent too much time, standing near by sucking his stomach in and flexing. He wasn't getting enough work done with her as a distraction

I noticed that also.

Miriam is a tad cute, but she seems pretty dull.

BUT! Hopefully Vanessa will be back on the show soon! She is very cute and does not seem dull at all!

#1556 2 years ago

I watched last night for 10 minutes. They found a piece of round wood in one of the core samples and a button in the woods. OK, next please? I guess I'll wait until the last episode of the season for the recaps and see where they ended.

BTW, is Gary the only one allowed to use a metal detector? Seems to me, if you have 2 guys walking an area, both should have detectors and shovels?!?!?!? Or is this like the home improvement shows...when the cameras turn off, the crew of workers get everything done and the hosts get ready for the next reveal scene?

#1557 2 years ago

What amazed me was, last week the big news was to search the area along the road at lot 4 due to something large detected. This week they find a buckle under a stump, end scene. Nothing else was revealed!!!

The show is greatly becoming "Click Bait".

#1558 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

I watched last night for 10 minutes. They found a piece of round wood in one of the core samples and a button in the woods. OK, next please? I guess I'll wait until the last episode of the season for the recaps and see where they ended.
    BTW, is Gary the only one allowed to use a metal detector? Seems to me, if you have 2 guys walking an area, both should have detectors and shovels?!?!?!? Or is this like the home improvement shows...when the cameras turn off, the crew of workers get everything done and the hosts get ready for the next reveal scene?

LOL... I have always found that pretty funny, like he is a metal detecting deity! He is so renowned that he would never stoop so low as to actually try and dig the things up himself.

#1559 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

TW, is Gary the only one allowed to use a metal detector? Seems to me, if you have 2 guys walking an area, both should have detectors and shovels?!?!?!? Or is this like the home improvement shows...when the cameras turn off, the crew of workers get everything done and the hosts get ready for the next reveal scene?

Actually Jack was using one also, but dam he irritates me with his "trying to hard" and "over acting" with every segment he is in.

#1560 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Actually Jack was using one also, but dam he irritates me with his "trying to hard" and "over acting" with every segment he is in.

Ya know, the show would be more interesting if they made it more like Survivor. At the end of each episode, instead of talking about wood and rusty iron, they voted someone off the island.

I guess they kinda did that yesterday by kicking Miriam and her group off. She wouldn't have been my first choice. Mr Gary and his top-pocket finds would be long-gone.

#1561 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yeah, super annoying and so damn obvious.

#1562 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I guess they kinda did that yesterday by kicking Miriam and her group off. She wouldn't have been my first choice. Mr Gary and his top-pocket finds would be long-gone.

Yeah Miriam wouldn't have booted as well if it were up to me, but Alex was to busy trying to have her find his bone IMHO. Gary, I actually like Gary he is one who remained constantly positive that good things will turn up sooner or later.

However I'm finally glad that Marty finally grew a pair of balls and kicked the archeology group off their land. No matter how they complied with regulations they just want more restrictions upon restrictions, FU you're outta here!!! About dam time. It's a dam treasure hunt, not a story for history books although that will come with any discoveries anyway.

I guess they left Laird on board for two reasons, I do believe they truly like the guy and to appease the archeology groups after their last chess move. However I'd give Laird a well deserved three week paid vacation and you know what I'd be doing during that time, Billy will be exhausted lol.

Now bring on Vanessa and her cans, um I mean Caissons!

#1563 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

LOL... I have always found that pretty funny, like he is a metal detecting deity! He is so renowned that he would never stoop so low as to actually try and dig the things up himself.

I have long suspected that it's in his contract that he doesn't dig. He's a "metal detection expert", not a ditch digger!

#1564 2 years ago

Call in Parker or Tony Beets they will have the gold in a week done deal.

#1565 2 years ago

Have you ever seen how many state workers it takes to fix a pothole on a public road? One guy holds the "SLOW" sign for oncoming traffic, one guy has a shovel of asphalt, one guy has a pack hammer, one guy supervises, and another guy sits in the truck (watching YouTube I guess).

#1566 2 years ago

I have noticed Gary getting more desperate. "PLEASE be a coin"....."oh it's a button!" :/ poor guy probably made a deal to split whatever he finds, but with little pay otherwise.

#1567 2 years ago

Multiple choice question.
    Next weeks episode will reveal,
    A) Wood
    B) Button
    C) Iron Spike
    D) Another location to search in a following episode

Actually, all of these occur each week.

#1568 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Multiple choice question.
    Next weeks episode will reveal,

E) How soon will I get to see Vanessa again.

#1569 2 years ago

I keep having to remind myself that this is scripted tv. They have extended a simple search looking for the specific money pit, to an archeological dig across the entire island, literally from one shore to the opposite shore. We're now at nine seasons, and they are still picking up trinkets and finding house foundations that would be expected for any chunk of land that has had people walking on it for 500 years.

They have lost sight on why they were there in the first place...

#1570 2 years ago

Tonight’s episode was slightly more exciting than a test of the emergency broadcast signal.

Even the wood they found was more boring than usual.

#1571 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Tonight’s episode was slightly more exciting than a test of the emergency broadcast signal.

Even the wood they found was more boring than usual.

I totally think this episode was in the top 2 worst episodes ever.

Actually, I think it was the worst episode ever.

#1572 2 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I keep having to remind myself that this is scripted tv. They have extended a simple search looking for the specific money pit, to an archeological dig across the entire island, literally from one shore to the opposite shore. We're now at nine seasons, and they are still picking up trinkets and finding house foundations that would be expected for any chunk of land that has had people walking on it for 500 years.
    They have lost sight on why they were there in the first place...

They did refocus to the search on tonite's show and dismissed the 3 person team of archaeologists because of 1st Nation (Native Canadian) restrictions.

#1573 2 years ago

My favorite part of Oak Island is when it ends, and that new prison escape show with Morgan Freman starts.

#1574 2 years ago

This show is like As The World Turns, you can skip a couple years, watch the new episode, and nothing changed.

#1575 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

This show is like As The World Turns, you can skip a couple years, watch the new episode, and nothing changed.

I come back to this thread once or twice a season to see if they found the treasure. Nope, I'll check again later.

#1576 2 years ago

Im fine with the show, and Im fine that people are disappointed in its length, and lack of "Where is the treasure", announcer, etc.

But if you hate it so much, why bother watching?

Why not just wait until you here they "Found something" that interests you, and Then watch?

I cant understand why you would waste your time watching something that disappoints you so much.

#1577 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im fine with the show, and Im fine that people are disappointed in its length, and lack of "Where is the treasure", announcer, etc.
    But if you hate it so much, why bother watching?
    Why not just wait until you here they "Found something" that interests you, and Then watch?
    I cant understand why you would waste your time watching something that disappoints you so much.

Personally, I enjoy the show, but you gotta admit, the last few episodes have been pretty brutal. They literally showed Rick washing a log with seaweed for a couple of minutes.

#1578 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Personally, I enjoy the show, but you gotta admit, the last few episodes have been pretty brutal. They literally showed Rick washing a log with seaweed for a couple of minutes.

To be so white in the beard and brown in the head of hair, hmmmm, there's a lot of unsolved mystery to the show.

#1579 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I agree. But I also know that the metal piece dug, that we see mentioned last night and weeks earlier, was one week, by their words, from find, to spectro report.

They cant bring in a big dig, until after covid, most of the Archeology areas are now off limits, and they are addressing this set back, while still trying to film a show, and make it interesting. Not easy. People want the show, their hands are tied, and they need "Something" to fill the space.

Had Covid not happened, they might have gone straight to a big dig, and ignored the swamp road.

So the Tree root found is the biggee this year, its date will show British or Portuguese construction likely.

No Mystery, they were both there. Burying a treasure 100 feet down, just seems not to make any sense, now that we know that British encampments alone, were enough to create the story.

Portuguese Occupation from the 1470s or so, would confirm what some historians have derived from secret info, that entered into Spain and Portugals ocean treaties. The Portuguese kept their trips "secret" from Spain.

#1580 2 years ago

I've always said I want to own an Island, so I can yell at people Get off my Island!!

Last weeks show I got to watch Marty somewhat fulfill my dream

1 week later
    #1581 2 years ago

I fell asleep. What did I miss?

#1582 2 years ago

Funny how it took the canadian cultural history bureau to put a bunch of the island off-limits for them to stop looking for trinkets all over it! I know we all will miss Miriam, but that government intervention seems to have focused them on JUST looking for the money pit once again!!!!

After 8+ seasons, I think it's safe to say that if it's anywhere, "It's within a baseball throw from C-1" and they shouldn't be wasting their time on all of the other nonsense.

#1583 2 years ago

It’s going to blow your mind!

They found……………..MORE WOOD!!!!!!!!!

I know I know it’s just……..incredible right?

#1584 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Rick Lagina told the crew that might or might not be wearing hard hats at the money pit that it's time to stop exploring and start confirming. In relation to bore locations as time is running out this season. He was very stern about it too! Some old boards possibly from the deck of the ship wreck were unearthed at the swamp. Gary found a metal strap used on treasure chests, but no treasure. Billy Gerhardt was holding down the big reach excavator.

#1585 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Absolutely nothing! It had to be the MOST uninteresting episode in the shows history.

#1586 2 years ago
    Quoted from DJK77:

Rick Lagina told the crew that might or might not be wearing hard hats at the money pit that it's time to stop exploring and start confirming. In relation to bore locations as time is running out this season. He was very stern about it too! Some old boards possibly from the deck of the ship wreck were unearthed at the swamp. Gary found a metal strap used on treasure chests, but no treasure. Billy Gerhardt was holding down the big reach excavator.

Billy Gerhardt found another lunch box.

#1587 2 years ago

Time for something like this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1588 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Billy Gerhardt

I always wondered why he seems to get special treatment.

While most everyone else is wearing a hard hat and a safety vest, Billy is just always sitting around on a excavator in a pair of shorts like he is at the beach on vacation.

#1589 2 years ago

90% of the operators I've worked with are just like this, must be a requirement.

#1590 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:Time for something like this:[quoted image]

Robert Dunfield was all over it. If Samuel Ball didn't snatch it up ole Rob surely did.

#1591 2 years ago
    Quoted from DJK77:

Robert Dunfield was all over it. If Samuel Ball didn't snatch it up ole Rob surely did.

Yeah, I sort of heard that story. Wasn't sure of which gent(s) pretty much cut to the chase and dug a giant pit tho.

Do you recall how far they went down? If Rick and the gang don't go lower, then they are just playing around in somebody else's old sandbox.

#1592 2 years ago

Just pummeling the ground with these bore holes then a 10 foot wide can, I would be surprised if a major find isn't severely damaged. Imagine pulling up only half of the "Lost Ark"?

#1593 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I've always said I want to own an Island, so I can yell at people Get off my Island!!
    Last weeks show I got to watch Marty somewhat fulfill my dream

I thought it would be fun to start a Komodo conservation on an island.

They would say it for you…

7A3822E3-9C55-4D56-AB2B-9B7F1F1503E9 (resized).jpeg7A3822E3-9C55-4D56-AB2B-9B7F1F1503E9 (resized).jpeg
    #1594 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Time for something like this:[quoted image]

I think that one of the guys did that already.

Quoted from Playdium:

Just pummeling the ground with these bore holes then a 10 foot wide can, I would be surprised if a major find isn't severely damaged. Imagine pulling up only half of the "Lost Ark"?

I think you are right. If it isn’t gone already. Mr. Ball probably cleared it all out.

3 weeks later
    #1595 2 years ago

This season is really getting slow.

I get they have a drilling strategy, but man, you should already know where to put some of these cans in the ground already.

#1596 2 years ago

What was the coin found? No details on that but lots of wood details it seemed....

#1597 2 years ago

I can't take any more f*cking wood episodes.

#1598 2 years ago

At least this time they also got excited about air.

#1599 2 years ago

Yeah, the wood episodes are really boring...I like those really exciting "ox shoe" episodes better.

#1600 2 years ago

New catch phrase from gary though. Put the coil in the soil!

There are 2,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/32?hl=danmarino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.