(Topic ID: 206863)

OT: Oak Island....Are you watching?

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 46.
    #1401 3 years ago

The shows take on the rock path is people bringing things to the island. Could it be that it was used to take treasure off the island?

#1402 3 years ago

They already found the treasure. It's called the Discovery Channel. They are getting paid millions to play in the mud.

#1403 3 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

Discovery Channel

History Channel.

#1404 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

They found more wood!
    (sorry if I spoiled it before you had a chance to watch it).
    All joking aside, I have never missed a episode, and I hope in the end they do find a treasure.
    At the same time it is the History channel, and they do a pretty good job dating the wood and stuff to add to the history.

They sure do. On last night's episode, they revealed the secret 'floating wood' dating test. Using this amazing science, if you take a chunk of wood and drop it in a pail of water and it sinks to the bottom, then it's "really old". And by inference, if it floats it's 'much newer'. Amazing!!!!!

#1405 3 years ago

I cannot figure out why nobody has mentioned how the physical attributes of the island would have changed since 5 centuries ago. From the aerial view it looks as if the two islands were separate at one time and the swamp eventually filled in between them. Doesn't that make sense. Or maybe it was all one island that eroded the dirt away and separated them. At any rate there is no way the islands and swamp would still like they did 500 years ago.

#1406 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

They sure do. On last night's episode, they revealed the secret 'floating wood' dating test. Using this amazing science, if you take a chunk of wood and drop it in a pail of water and it sinks to the bottom, then it's "really old". And by inference, if it floats it's 'much newer'. Amazing!!!!!

1 week later
    #1407 3 years ago

Wood, wood, and more wood.

Rocks, rocks, and more rocks.

A little metal here and there.

I should probably never take a road trip there. I would be tempted to take a bunch of pennies and scatter them all around and then watch next year Gary talk about who is the joker that spread all these pen knees all over the place.

I am just joking, I love this show!

#1408 3 years ago

...I would be tempted to take a bunch of pennies and scatter them all around and then watch next year Gary talk about who is the joker that spread all these pen knees all over the place.
    I am just joking, I love this show!

I forget the show's name that was on a year or two ago, but it was about finding some gold up in Michigan, not sure if it was in one of the great lakes or another lake. Bottom line, someone tossed some gold painted bricks into the lake where they were looking for the gold.

Really spun everyone up on the show when they were running the underwater camera and they spotted it. LOL

#1409 3 years ago

Love the show .I guess you have to ease your excitement when watching because to me there’s 0 chance of finding a big treasure as there were too many people involved in this for it to be left behind .But just figuring out the story is a treasure in itself .Something Big went in there way too much work for gold and silver this was built to house something very special that’s hiding somewhere else right now .

#1410 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I forget the show's name that was on a year or two ago, but it was about finding some gold up in Michigan, not sure if it was in one of the great lakes or another lake. Bottom line, someone tossed some gold painted bricks into the lake where they were looking for the gold.
    Really spun everyone up on the show when they were running the underwater camera and they spotted it. LOL

Curse of civil war gold

#1411 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Curse of civil war gold

Yep, that's it! Thanks.

#1412 3 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Curse of civil war gold

I remember all that.

Also there was another show, where this guy had bought the rights to a sunken ship from the insurance company or something, and he thinks it is loaded with gold, but so far just other artifacts that they would sell to keep the company going.

The dude wore a patch over one eye. Kept talking about a ex wife or someone always trying to mess him up or something.

And sometimes he would catch someone else diving on the site that he has purchased.

I think maybe the drama with that also was rough water so much, and un-safe to get into the ship deeper.

Anyone remember that show? I was looking forward to more episodes.

Also, totally unrelated, and did not last long, but some dude like British CIA had a few episodes where he could easily get anyone to confess anything or something. I think one episode he had someone steal his car, and if he could not find it in 2 hours they got to keep his car, and he brought out a map, and questioned them, and he could tell by the way they acted clues to narrow down where his car was.

And briefly there was another show about disappearing. Moving to a large town and changing your name to something common like John Smith, and you can never call anyone from your past again.

The ship one was maybe 5 years ago. I think the other 2 I am thinking about was more like 10 years ago, or longer.

For that matter I used to like a show called Repo Games. And another show called 1000 ways to die.

I would love to find a 1000 ways to die dvd box set, I think last time I looked they were never made for USA format.

Another show was Rehab, party at the Hard Rock.

Oh, and Worlds Worst Tenants. Now that was a awesome show!

Anyone remember any of these shows? (most were on Spike, which is Paramount or something now). The same channel as Bar Rescue. I liked that show forever also. I had never heard of the band Halestorm, never once played on my local radio, but when I travel I hear Halestorm all over the place in other areas.

And totally off topic, but if you like rock/alt rock music, try Halestorm Here's To Us on youtube or whatever.

If not for Bar Rescue I would have never known about that song, no radio station I have ever heard plays it, because of the cuss words.

And cool basically a family band(brother and sister).

Anyway, hell, the Food That Built America is pretty good also.

Spike used to be awesome, now most of the shows I like are on History or Discovery.

And I hope for some more Deadliest Catch shows soon.

#1413 3 years ago

Billion Dollar Wreck is the show you are thinking of.

#1414 3 years ago

Dang....no top pocket Bobby Daaaazzler this week...............

#1415 3 years ago
    Quoted from shepP:

Billion Dollar Wreck is the show you are thinking of.

Yup. The show was about the wreck of the RMS Republic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Republic_(1903)

#1416 3 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

Dang....no top pocket Bobby Daaaazzler this week...............

They need about 25 more guys digging out the paved roadway. Seems at the rate their going it will be forever.

#1417 3 years ago

....And the rock paved roadway helps find the treasure at the bottom of the money pit..., how?????

they are now all over the island looking for trinkets and rusted nails. Who cares?

I can choose any previously populated place in america, and start digging in that now empty plot of land, and I will find nails, and bottle caps, and pennies, and old bottles, some sticks, maybe an old postcard or newspaper, a horse shoe. LOL

#1418 3 years ago

....And the rock paved roadway helps find the treasure at the bottom of the money pit..., how?????
    they are now all over the island looking for trinkets and rusted nails. Who cares?
    I can choose any previously populated place in america, and start digging in that now empty plot of land, and I will find nails, and bottle caps, and pennies, and old bottles, some sticks, maybe an old postcard or newspaper, a horse shoe. LOL

You need to contact the History channel. You may be on to something.

3 weeks later
    #1419 3 years ago

Anyone know where Dave Blankenship is? Is he permanently on Crown time?

#1420 3 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I believe early in the year they mentioned he was bought out of my partnership. He couldn't pretend to be excited about ox shoe nails

#1421 3 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

He did one episode/interview in which he and his wife said enough was enough. He still retains an interest in whatever is found, but no longer plays an active role.

#1422 3 years ago

Thanks guys! Was that in a regular episode? Or a one-off episode like "digging deeper?"

I don't recall seeing it.

#1423 3 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Thanks guys! Was that in a regular episode? Or a one-off episode like "digging deeper?"
    I don't recall seeing it.

It wasn't in a regular episode. I think it was a "Digging Deeper" one. He explained his accident from years prior that caused his stroke. He and his wife live on the island.

#1424 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

He did one episode/interview in which he and his wife said enough was enough. He still retains an interest in whatever is found, but no longer plays an active role.

He should have been jumping up and down with their latest 'findings'.... they found a lump of coal on the stone road.... Shezam!

#1425 3 years ago

They found a walking stick tip!!

#1426 3 years ago

New episode will reveal evidence of very old wood and another button. Oh wait, that was the last 5 episodes.

#1427 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

New episode will reveal evidence of very old wood and another button. Oh wait, that was the last 5 episodes.

I think you meant last 5 seasons...

#1428 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I think you meant last 5 seasons...

LOL! I watch this with my 10 and 12 year old boys. It spawns a lot of creativity and discussion...and waiting.

We did purchase 2 metal detectors for the boys and that has brought us hours of entertainment. So far, we found a quarter and a lot of trash.

#1429 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

LOL! I watch this with my 10 and 12 year old boys. It spawns a lot of creativity and discussion...and waiting.
    We did purchase 2 metal detectors for the boys and that has brought us hours of entertainment. So far, we found a quarter and a lot of trash.

I am surprised that is all you found in Pennsylvania. Seems like those colonies would be chock full of 1700's stuff in the woods... I have a friend in Virginia that finds bobby dazzlers all the time!!!

#1430 3 years ago

I am surprised that is all you found in Pennsylvania. Seems like those colonies would be chock full of 1700's stuff in the woods... I have a friend in Virginia that finds bobby dazzlers all the time!!!

Battlefields and other designated historic sites are off limits, but I have a friend who has recovered all manner of items from private property. He's found musket balls, buttons, coins, rings, etc. and certainly a lot more of it than we have seen come out of Oak Island.

#1431 3 years ago

We check at the parks and schools. Our neighborhood has been ripe for nails, screws, cans and even a screw bit. Not exactly bobby dazzlers by any imagination. We did find a mint railroad spike and gear from an area that used to have train tracks 50 years ago. The boys liked that. We have not metal detected at the Gettysburg battle fields. I have to look and see if it is allowed. I can imagine there are gems all over the place there.

#1432 3 years ago

Maybe you need to start drilling holes a hundred feet down to find some of the "good" stuff.

#1433 3 years ago

Last nights episode slowly reveals the stone roadway possibly heading towards the "Eye of the Swamp". I don't know why they never pursued that structure after proving that it had a rock foundation. Such a slow excavation of the roadway will bring this season to a close.

#1434 3 years ago

I think I am losing interest... for real.

#1435 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Last nights episode slowly reveals the stone roadway possibly heading towards the "Eye of the Swamp". I don't know why they never pursued that structure after proving that it had a rock foundation. Such a slow excavation of the roadway will bring this season to a close.

That's one bumpy-ass road.
    And what a shit job that has to be...digging all around those rocks. F that.

#1436 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

That's one bumpy-ass road.
    And what a shit job that has to be...digging all around those rocks. F that.

With a garden trowel and dust pan. I wouldn't last 20 minutes, knee pain, back pain, the list goes on.

#1437 3 years ago

You call this Archaeology?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1438 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

We have not metal detected at the Gettysburg battle fields.

Don't do it. If you get caught, the fines are astronomical!

#1439 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

You're doing better than what the Oak Island guys have found the past few seasons.

You can probably pass on carbon dating the trash.

#1440 3 years ago

Can't wait for Carmen Legge to analyze this find.

caster.PNGcaster.PNG
    #1441 3 years ago

I am still watching, but getting more and more bored with the show.

They always re-run the shows anyway, so I could stop watching, and wait for you guys to alert me that they finally found actual treasure.

It would be my luck though that all of you would stop watching also, so all these years I have been watching the show I would end up missing the part when it becomes like the end of the National Treasure movie, with that big room that goes on forever with all kinds of treasure. I love that movie.

#1442 3 years ago

I am still watching, but getting more and more bored with the show...

I've mentioned before, I still have it turned on but honestly, I'm not really watching. Can't even say I even listen much either. I can only watch somebody scraping rocks for only so long before I lose interest real quick.

1 week later
    #1443 3 years ago

I'm out. I've found more interesting stuff in my woods recently.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1444 3 years ago

I know its really getting boring, I started watching from day one and it use to be exciting and couldnt wait till next week ,now not so much. You can see everybody getting older and i miss Dan and his father. Oh well you never know if their saving the best for last ,ok enjoy.

#1445 3 years ago

I think even the announcer is getting tired of saying "Brothers Rick and Marty Lagina and members of the Oak Island team..."

#1446 3 years ago

They have now cornered the market on late 1600's vintage OX shoes...

Truth be told, since season 6, I am finding myself recording it on Tivo and fast forwarding through each episode in like 5 minutes, ready to stop and hit regular speed play *IF* something 'exciting' shows up.... (Haven't hit the regular play button yet).

#1447 3 years ago

isn't that show fake? is this the one where they find piece of wood 300 years old and think they are worth thousands?

#1448 3 years ago

If it takes a 7th person to die for Oak Island to unlock its secrets, couldn’t they just take a shovel to Jack or Alex?

#1449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

If it takes a 7th person to die for Oak Island to unlock its secrets

Nolan and Blankenship have already died. I guess old age deaths do not count.

#1450 3 years ago

Can't someone be voted off the island? Oops, wrong show.

There are 2,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.