Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,276 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9678 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,276 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 46.
    #1351 3 years ago

They sure do a hell of a job selling the upcoming episodes...then..............

#1352 3 years ago

I haven't watched last night episode yet, but can here Robert Clotworthy saying it already: "Part of an old pot belly stove.?.?.. in the swamp? A swamp that may be the resting place of a 1700's ship???? "

#1353 3 years ago

Maybe we should rename the post to: "OT: Oak Island....Why in the heck are you still watching?

I still have it turned on, but without a doubt, I'm really just surfing Pinside or some other web site to really pass the time. Something interesting pops up on the show? Yep, I'll turn my head and watch, but it seems to occurring less and less.

I'm waiting for the show of the the guys searching for the WWII gold to come back on the air, that seemed a lot more interesting when it ended last season.

#1354 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I haven't watched last night episode yet, but can here Robert Clotworthy saying it already: "Part of an old pot belly stove.?.?.. in the swamp? A swamp that may be the resting place of a 1700's ship???? "

"... And could it be a clue to the money pits location?" And could it be, and could it be.... Get back in the swamp seeing there will be no direct excavation at the pit location.

#1355 3 years ago

I enjoy watching the show and have not seen the son of Dan Blankinship this season . Is it because of Covid ?

#1356 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcadekid-51:

I enjoy watching the show and have not seen the son of Dan Blankinship this season . Is it because of Covid ?

I've been wondering that myself. In the first show they talk about the brothers buying Dan's share and land. I wonder if the son said screw it, my dad spent his whole life looking for this treasure and I'm cashing in now while I still can! But he could also be high risk due to his stroke. But they don't even mention him at all in any of the shows which is very odd.

Brian

#1357 3 years ago

Gotta say, the young lady that suggested taking the cross and placing it within a square to draw several lines had my interest. The overlay of said drawing to the map was interesting.

#1358 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Gotta say, the young lady that suggested taking the cross and placing it within a square to draw several lines had my interest. The overlay of said drawing to the map was interesting.

If the famous Templar cross is now some type of protractor key that will lead them to the treasure we now know whose bones they found in the money pit are.........they’re the guy who dropped and lost it centuries ago

#1359 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

That is one of the most ridiculous theories the show has had.
    Somehow that little cross, found on the beach is the cypher to one of the biggest treasures ever, um, no.

#1360 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

Somehow that little cross, found on the beach is the cypher to one of the biggest treasures ever, um, no.

It's worked before...

goon (resized).jpggoon (resized).jpg
    #1361 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

Yea and you have to have the exact perfect size map for the points to fit. I'm sure it matched the first hand drawn maps of the island.

#1362 3 years ago

Starting to believe that they came up with "Beyond oak island" because they really are not getting any wheres with the money pit producing anything of real interest. Almost anything of context has been found 6" or less on the other side of the island...or at least not near the drilling area.Yeah, you could take "beyond" as a additional money maker for the show as I believe that is what it was intended.
    I am starting to like that show better. Oak Island has actually been kinda boring this year.

Rick is trying to act like some kind of philosopher..that is getting old as well imo.

But still watching!! go figure.

#1363 3 years ago

There is an old prospectors tale about his that travels from Dover to Denver, and buried gold loot in St Louis along the way. It must be true since I can plot lines that show the clear and intentional placement by using these terminal anchors and a 90-degree perpendicular line tht runs right through St. Louis.
    DD1 (resized).jpgDD1 (resized).jpg

#1364 3 years ago

There is an old prospectors tale about his that travels from Dover to Denver, and buried gold loot in St Louis along the way. It must be true since I can plot lines that show the clear and intentional placement by using these terminal anchors and a 90-degree perpendicular line tht runs right through St. Louis.
    [quoted image]

Oh great! Now everybody knows where to dig.

#1365 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Agreed adjusting map size and rotation you can make any sort of idea work.
    I.E. use a pretzel to locate a sunken ship on lake Michigan, if you pick the right sizes

#1366 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

at least not near the drilling area

They won’t. Robert Dunfield essentially strip mined they money pit area down to about 100 feet deep back in the 60’s. Nothing but churned up fill left in that area now.

1 week later
    #1367 3 years ago

These guys are good, the roughly 60 second preview for next weeks show always seems better than the whole 60 minute show.

I have never missed a episode, and no matter how much fun of me my girlfriend makes, I will watch this show until the last episode.

1 week later
    #1368 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have never missed a episode, and no matter how much fun of me my girlfriend makes, I will watch this show until the last episode.

Every Tuesday my wife asks what I'm doing after the kids go to bed.

My answer is always the same, "I'm going to watch guys dig up dirt for an hour on 'Joke' Island."

#1369 3 years ago

Can't believe what Gary found already...

#1370 3 years ago

No teaser for next week's episode?

#1371 3 years ago

They all seem more relaxed now, and Gary keeps smiling when asked and says he is sure the treasure is still there.

I have no clue if they will ever show us everything they find, but I think they will still find a lot more than "stone structures" in future decades.

(and yeah, I said "decades", they know we are hooked, and they are going to milk the tv money for as long as they can).

#1372 3 years ago

Yay, another episode of finding more dirt. At least there's consistency.

#1373 3 years ago

Ughhhh. This is frustrating. That's it. I'm not going to watch anymore!...Who am I kidding. But I could quit anytime...if I really wanted to. No really. I mean it. I could.

#1374 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

...Gary keeps smiling when asked and says he is sure the treasure is still there.

The treasure is the fame and money they are making off this and their other shows, plus tourism and merchandising. Most of that comes to a stop when they admit there’s nothing of value left to find. So yeah, the treasure is still there.

#1375 3 years ago

I would never pay to tour the island. Seen all there is to see on tv. I do feel for the cute blonde that recommended there would be a shaft extending outward.

#1376 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I do feel for the cute blonde that recommended there would be a shaft extending outward

thats-what-she-said (resized).jpgthats-what-she-said (resized).jpg
    #1377 3 years ago

The wife always seems to walk by every time the bring up that damn lead cross and I hear...

"That stupid thing again?? Joke Island."

lol.

#1378 3 years ago

The only resource they have not tried yet is a Psychic who can conduct a seance and 'see' where the treasure was buried through the eyes of the guys that did it 250 years ago. I guess that would be a season 9 kinda thing....

#1379 3 years ago

The only resource they have not tried yet is a Psychic who can conduct a seance and 'see' where the treasure was buried through the eyes of the guys that did it 250 years ago. I guess that would be a season 9 kinda thing....

They could merge "The Curse of Oak Island" with "The Long Island Medium", THEN you have a show!

#1380 3 years ago

I guess that would be a season 9 kinda thing....

I am thinking more like season 24.

1 week later
    #1381 3 years ago

Sounds like I can just delete all my recordings on SlingTV. I watched the first episode and figured this season would be pretty lack-luster. Then SlingTV updated their UI and pushed all my recordings down, so now they're out of sight, out of mind.

#1382 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Sounds like I can just delete all my recordings on SlingTV. I watched the first episode and figured this season would be pretty lack-luster. Then SlingTV updated their UI and pushed all my recordings down, so now they're out of sight, out of mind.

So far all my favorites have sucked this season. Oak Island and Shameless top that list.

#1383 3 years ago

Have you guys seen Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch? It's sort of like Gold Rush mixed with Oak Island, and weirdness thrown together. Might want to check it out. It's on Discovery.

#1384 3 years ago

Blind Frog will be another show that spends alot of time going no where. They started with a GIS 3D map of a long cavern that runs underground through their property, but are now poking around and drilling holes like that is the mystery. Last episode they "found" a gold coin, but I feel that might have been staged based on the process they are using to simply drill into the ceiling of a flooded cavern. Anyway, I get the sense alot of the ENTIRE SHOW will be STAGED for TV...

#1385 3 years ago

I liked the Project Blue Book show that used to be on after. I guess they couldn't film a new season because of the last year. I thought it was pretty good how they took actual cases from PBB and made a story around it and tied them all together. Good photography and at least it wasn't another reality show.

That new mysteries show on after Oak is pretty bad though.

#1386 3 years ago

Beyond Oak Island is the most rediculous show in that genre. They send their side-kick Matty out to have some casual discussions with the loudest proponents of whatever the mysstery is. No science, no exploration, just some emotional 'wow' kind of dialogs. Weird.

#1387 3 years ago

Beyond Oak Island is the most rediculous show in that genre. They send their side-kick Matty out to have some casual discussions with the loudest proponents of whatever the mysstery is. No science, no exploration, just some emotional 'wow' kind of dialogs. Weird.

I still think 'The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch' is the worst of this genre. I mean really, the Security Chief for Skinwalker Ranch is nicknamed 'Dragon'. Wow, with a nickname like 'Dragon' there must be some really scary stuff taking place on the ranch . . . LMAO.

Gord

#1388 3 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

I still think 'The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch' is the worst of this genre. I mean really, the Security Chief for Skinwalker Ranch is nicknamed 'Dragon'. Wow, with a nickname like 'Dragon' this must be some really scary stuff taking place on the ranch . . . LMAO.
    Gord

Agree 100%. That show was pitiful.

#1389 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Agree 100%. That show was pitiful.

Which is sad because that place deserves to be studied. I read the book about it by George Knapp and it was freaky

#1390 3 years ago

Summary of this season

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1391 3 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Have you guys seen Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch? It's sort of like Gold Rush mixed with Oak Island, and weirdness thrown together. Might want to check it out. It's on Discovery.

I can do without the weirdness, and rather see more about getting into the actual mine. This show has too much fluff to pad it out.

#1392 3 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I can do without the weirdness, and rather see more about getting into the actual mine.

I agree. Everything from animal mutilations to finding counterfeit coins.

#1393 3 years ago

It’s about time that they dug around the eye of the swamp, the ship in the swamp, and the bottom rock of Nolan’s cross. Why are they messing with loading ramps, dump piles, and intermittent tunnel locations. Never mind: I know the answer.

#1394 3 years ago

"A Plumb Bob?" 'You would need that to dig a shaft' (OMG People!)

Fooee. No sailors on Oak Island? Gary may of never seen a weight on a sounding line.

#1395 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

"A Plumb Bob?" 'You would need that to dig a shaft' (OMG People!)
    Fooee. No sailors on Oak Island? Gary may of never seen a weight on a sounding line.

LOL, I thought the same when he said that.

#1396 3 years ago

It does kinda make you wonder. Seems like the "Money Pit" is not really a single place on the island, but in fact it's HISTORY CHANNEL'S money and the WHOLE ISLAND is the pit.

#1397 3 years ago

Being local, Oak Island is just down the road, the general consensus is that if there ever was treasure there, it is long gone by now. Nobody talks about it for the most part. I have watched the show a few times but it is mostly such high drama, that is usually over a rock, or a piece of wood. I walked the island back in the late 70's/80's and it mostly looked like a WW1 battlefield in France. It has pretty much been raped and pillaged for many years.
    The real treasure was in tourism.

#1398 3 years ago

I expect that is the case. Up until the last 50 years, I suspect simpler excursions found and pocketted anything of value very quietly. Trinkets or treasure, it was all within reach I am sure. It is VERY likely that the only digged below 10 feet has been the dreamers who heard the myths and devoted their time and money to change that unicorn. Even things like finding coconut grass on the island could be explained in much simpler ways, like it was used for packing on a ship that docked there. Everything I see is easily explainable...

#1399 3 years ago

Bamboozled again

#1400 3 years ago

They found more wood!

(sorry if I spoiled it before you had a chance to watch it).

All joking aside, I have never missed a episode, and I hope in the end they do find a treasure.

At the same time it is the History channel, and they do a pretty good job dating the wood and stuff to add to the history.

There are 2,276 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/28?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.